PDA

View Full Version : ACC Roundup (11/14)

gw67
11-14-2007, 08:19 AM
I agree with DBR that the Maryland-UCLA game next week should be interesting. UCLA is apparently one of the best defensive teams in the country while the Terps have a tough time putting the ball in the hole. The only thing that will keep the game close is that the Bruins aren’t an offensive juggernaut either. The key for Maryland will be to slow down Love. If they can do that and Vasquez and Gist play well and stay out of foul trouble (some big if’s), then they should stay close and a loss to one of the nations’ best teams will still look good on their RPI at the end of the year.

I didn’t get to see the Terps’ game with Hampton. Like Duke and UNC, several of the Maryland games are on ESPN except most are on something called ESPNU which is foreign to my cable provider. That said, I’ve seen the new Nike uniforms that Maryland wears in photos. They are tight fitting on the top and, if possible, longer and more baggy on the bottom. I realize that I’m an old fuddy duddy but give me the uniforms of the late 80’s. The uniforms that most teams wear today, are ugly, IMO.

gw67

JasonEvans
11-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I didn’t get to see the Terps’ game with Hampton. Like Duke and UNC, several of the Maryland games are on ESPN except most are on something called ESPNU which is foreign to my cable provider. That said, I’ve seen the new Nike uniforms that Maryland wears in photos. They are tight fitting on the top and, if possible, longer and more baggy on the bottom. I realize that I’m an old fuddy duddy but give me the uniforms of the late 80’s. The uniforms that most teams wear today, are ugly, IMO.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071113/capt.5295a441fdb24ff587485d44133eed35.hampton_mary land_basketball_cpx107.jpg