PDA

View Full Version : Dave McClure

homebre
11-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Did Dave McClure reinjure himself in the exhibition game? I read that Coach K said he shouldn't have used him in that game, and now the N&O says he will not play in Hawaii. Was he reinjured and Duke is keeping it quiet?

Andy from Hillsborough

ArtVandelay
11-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Anybody? I didn't hear them say anything about it during the game last night. I think we could definitely use him. You may remember him from such roles as "effective post defender/rebounder/game-winning shot maker last season." All of those are good things for this team.

I suspect he'll steal minutes away from Taylor and Zoubek - Coach K using him at the 4 when we're looking for a more defensive-oriented lineup. It's amazing that we've already gone from a short bench to "where are all the minutes going to go?"

FreezingDevil
11-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Last night Dave warmed up with the team but then spent the whole game on the bench icing his knee. I suspect that he is getting close to game shape but isn't 100% comfortable with that knee yet. As long as he doesn't rush it and play before he is ready then I would expect to see him at full speed come ACC play.

jimsumner
11-13-2007, 04:07 PM
After the game, K said that McClure would travel to Hawaii but he didn't know f he would play. I did not hear him say that McClure would not play in Hawaii but cannot preclude the possibility that K or someone else conveyed that information to others.

VaDukie
11-13-2007, 04:31 PM
I say we give McClure as much time as he needs to get to 100%. We'll certainly need him when we play the bigger ACC frontcourts but we have no need to rush him this early in the year.

Of course the possibility exists that he may never fully get back to 100% and he'll have to play a step slower like he had to last year.