PDA

View Full Version : FB: Other ACC Games (11/6 & 11/7)

Bob Green
11-06-2020, 02:59 PM
We have ACC Football on Friday night this week:

#11 Miami at NC State, 7:30 pm ESPN

Saturday:

#25 Liberty at Virginia Tech, 12:00 ACCN
Boston College at Syracuse, 2:00 pm ESPN3
Pittsburgh at Florida State, 4:00 pm ACCN
#1 Clemson at #4 Notre Dame, 7:30 pm NBC

Bob Green
11-06-2020, 06:57 PM
Miami missing 11 players tonight for undisclosed reasons:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article247002082.html

duke2x
11-07-2020, 03:28 PM
Liberty is 2-0 against the ACC this year with a wild final 0:08 seconds @VT. I hope Hugh Freeze moves on before Liberty rotates on our schedule.

Green Wave Dukie
11-07-2020, 03:42 PM
Liberty just beat VA Tech in one of the most incredible finishes I have ever seen (full disclosure, I work for a company that is doing work at LU and VA Tech, so I watched it on my laptop while I was working).

4 scores in the last 6 minutes, not counting a 60 some odd yard blocked kick return for VA Tech to seemingly win the game as time expired on what seemed like the last play. Only to find out VA Tech's coach called a time out right before the 59 yard field goal was attempted - and subsequently blocked.

So, Liberty lines back up, still 9 seconds left, this time not attempting to kick the 59 yarder to win the game. VA Tech runs around like a chicken with their heads cut off, puts 5 guys near the line of scrimmage, 6 out of the view of the camera expecting a 4th down & 6 Hail Mary. But Liberty completely shocks them by throwing a short pass, gets about 9 yards on 4th and 6, the kicker (career long is 42 yards) comes back on the field with 5 seconds left and puts a 51 yard field goal about 5 yards thru the uprights. (as I write this, ESPN game cast shows it VA Tech 41 - 35 with a 100% chance to win). Meanwhile Hugh Freeze takes Liberty to 7-0, and is probably going to be coaching in the Big 10 next year.

75Crazie
11-07-2020, 03:45 PM
Liberty is 2-0 against the ACC this year with a wild final 0:08 seconds @VT. I hope Hugh Freeze moves on before Liberty rotates on our schedule.
Poetic justice. Tie game with 8 seconds left, Liberty has a 4th and several yards to go, decides to try about a 58-yard field goal. Tech blocks the kick and returns it for a dramatic, game-winning touchdown ... but wait ... referees announce that Tech (I assume Fuentes) had called time out right before the snap. So, still 8 seconds left, Liberty sends the offense in for a play, Tech deploys several deep defenders towards the goal line, whereas Liberty throws a quick down-and-out 10-yard pass and runs out of bounds with plenty of time left. Subsequent field goal is good, end of game.

I just love it when an icing time out backfires ... and I have never seen one backfire so dramatically.

Steven43
11-07-2020, 08:33 PM
Clemson QB, D.J. Uiagalelei — who is playing in place of Trevor Lawrence — is a PLAYER. I’m not so sure Lawrence has the higher ceiling. This kid could become a great one.

Bob Green
11-07-2020, 09:12 PM
Clemson down 10 points at the half partly due to turnovers. Tigers need to take care of the football in 2nd half.

Bob Green
11-07-2020, 10:45 PM
Clemson takes the lead 33-26 with 3 minutes left in the game.

Bluedog
11-07-2020, 10:47 PM
ND needs to score a TD here in all likelihood. They've come up short a lot in the red zone this game including a very costly fumble. We shall see...

On a other note, there was just an ad for Guinness that had a bunch of Notre Dame footage/symbolism and clearly was approved by the university and a joint sponsorship. Ending with "official beer of Notre Dame alumni" and something else. Not sure I've ever seen a alcoholic drink have a university sponsorship...Seems like something Duke wouldn't do.

Bluedog
11-07-2020, 11:09 PM
Clutch final drive by ND where they finally breakthrough with a long play. OT here we come...

OldPhiKap
11-07-2020, 11:19 PM
Video reviews are killing sports. Play the damn game.

rsvman
11-07-2020, 11:31 PM

Amen. Preach on.

sagegrouse
11-07-2020, 11:34 PM

Amen. Preach on.

This game will take five hours.

OldPhiKap
11-07-2020, 11:37 PM
Soccer really has become the only sport I can watch on tv. Clock always moving, reviews are few and quick. A match is always just inside 2 hours.

Not my favorite sport. But the most watchable.

CrazyNotCrazie
11-07-2020, 11:42 PM
Soccer really has become the only sport I can watch on tv. Clock always moving, reviews are few and quick. A match is always just inside 2 hours.

Not my favorite sport. But the most watchable.

I want to see the end of this game, which is taking forever. And I want to see Dave Chapelle. If they do a long post-game, I will not be happy.

OldPhiKap
11-07-2020, 11:49 PM
Crap I’m on to local news . Anyone seeing SNL?

CrazyNotCrazie
11-07-2020, 11:51 PM

Our local news in NY said it will be very short. I'm guessing midnight.

Mrs. Crazy came in at the end and said "who is the girl in the Clemson jersey?" when they were showing Lawrence.

CameronBornAndBred
11-07-2020, 11:53 PM

Same here. Had SNL set to record, guessing that won't happen either.

Side note, impressive COVID party on the ND field after the win. What are the odds that ND's classes are all shutdown in two weeks thanks to that super spreader love fest?

OldPhiKap
11-07-2020, 11:54 PM
Our local news in NY said it will be very short. I'm guessing midnight.

Mrs. Crazy came in at the end and said "who is the girl in the Clemson jersey?" when they were showing Lawrence.

Lol.

CrazyNotCrazie
11-07-2020, 11:55 PM

Side note, impressive COVID party on the ND field after the win. What are the odds that ND's classes are all shutdown in two weeks thanks to that super spreader love fest?

SNL is on. That was quick.

Agreed on the super spreader event - that was scary.

OldPhiKap
11-07-2020, 11:55 PM

Thanks. And, yup.

Bluedog
11-07-2020, 11:58 PM
SNL is on. That was quick.

Agreed on the super spreader event - that was scary.

SNL not on for me...still local news. Am I going to get SN not live?

OldPhiKap
11-08-2020, 12:02 AM
I’ve still got local news too. I will be SO F’N PISSED if I miss this because of an endless football game.

CrazyNotCrazie
11-08-2020, 12:03 AM
SNL not on for me...still local news. Am I going to get SN not live?

At the end of the open it said that it was recorded. I won't spoil it. It is based on today's news though so it is pretty live.