PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Parking Advice

elvis14
11-11-2007, 11:31 PM
I have tickets to tomorrow night's game. I don't have a parking pass. I think I remember where I parked last time I was in this situation. Fiured I'd ask for advice just in case. I probably won't get there until around 6:30 or so. Thoughts?

Thanks, Elvis

OZZIE4DUKE
11-11-2007, 11:55 PM
I have tickets to tomorrow night's game. I don't have a parking pass. I think I remember where I parked last time I was in this situation. Fiured I'd ask for advice just in case. I probably won't get there until around 6:30 or so. Thoughts?

Thanks, Elvis

Call the Iron Duke office or ticket office and ask them where the public parking is.
Ticket office 877-375-3853
Iron Duke office 919-613-7575

Also, I suggest you get there earlier than 6:30, both so you have more time to walk to Cameron and so you can see all of warm-ups.

phaedrus
11-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Just do what any self-respecting Duke student would do. Tear off a parking gate arm and park wherever you want.

elvis14
11-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the responses guys.

phaedrus - I'll ah....take your suggestion under advisement :D

Ozzie - I hope to get to the game sooner. I was at Friday night's game early enough to get a nice tour from a buddy of mine and to watch warm ups. What time I get there is really dependent of weather or not my wife goes to the game with me. If she does, I'll be late (she has to get off work, get our kids, get the kids to the sitter, etc - and NO this doesn't always fall on her it's just the way the logistics worked out today). If she doesn't go, I'll leave work after I get out of my 4:00 meeting and head over. If I don't get any good advice here, I'll call the offices you list below. Thanks for the numbers.

BTW, I'll be in section 8 row 0 seat 2 tonight.

Elvis

Devilsfan
11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Watch where you park. Duke uses parking as a profit center, just ask any student with a car.

Bluedawg
11-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Thanks, Elvis

The public parking lots are:

Circuit Lot
Chemistry Lot
751 Lot

Bluedawg
11-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Circuit Lot
Chemistry Lot
751 Lot

OOPS, this is WBB but I think they are the same for MBB. I also think that the Blue Zone, or at least parts of it, is open for public parking.

mehmattski
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
OOPS, this is WBB but I think they are the same for MBB. I also think that the Blue Zone, or at least parts of it, is open for public parking.

I don't believe that's true about the Blue Zone. At least on Friday I saw the three lots you mentioned gated off (and quite a few more, since Melinda Gates was on campus dedicating the new science building). If the OP is going to get in around 6:30, Circuit's probably the best bet, since Chemistry will be full by then.

4decadedukie
11-12-2007, 12:52 PM
If you have a plastic Duke Alumni Association membership card with a magnetic strip on the rear, it should allow you to access parking lots on weekends and after 5:00 PM. I use mine to park in the Allen Building lot and simply walk to Cameron. You may wish to go early; this lot frequently is full 90 minutes before game time.

snowdenscold
11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
If you have a plastic Duke Alumni Association membership card with a magnetic strip on the rear, it should allow you to access parking lots on weekends and after 5:00 PM. I use mine to park in the Allen Building lot and simply walk to Cameron. You may wish to go early; this lot frequently is full 90 minutes before game time.

You're not supposed to post things like this on an internet message board - it could have been our secret ;)

elvis14
11-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Bad news, good news. The bad news is that my wife can't go and one of my best friends is going instead. OK that's also the good news because it means I should be able to get there by 6:00 if not 5:30. Last time I was there I'm pretty sure I was directed to what you guys are calling the Circuit lot, which was fine.

Edouble
11-04-2008, 01:53 PM

Circuit Lot
Chemistry Lot
751 Lot

I unearthed this old parking thread to ask any and all if this info. is still relevant for the parking situation for tomorrow night's exhibition game.

I hesitated to start/continue another parking thread, but there's really not that much info. available on the Duke websites. The best parking info. always seems to be on DBR.

I found this map posted in a football parking thread.

http://news.duke.edu/2008/08/images/Parking%20Map.pdf

Can anyone tell me if the yellow public lots are the same for basketball as they are for football? The Circuit Lot, Chemistry Lot, and 751 Lot all appear (I think) on this map, so I assume the lots are the same for basketball as they are for football. If the game starts at 7:00, does anyone know what time the lots "open up"... or are they even closed/gated in the first place?

I'm returning to campus for the first time in years for the game, so I want to try to get as much good info. as I can. Thanks.

Indoor66
11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
I unearthed this old parking thread to ask any and all if this info. is still relevant for the parking situation for tomorrow night's exhibition game.

I hesitated to start/continue another parking thread, but there's really not that much info. available on the Duke websites. The best parking info. always seems to be on DBR.

I found this map posted in a football parking thread.

http://news.duke.edu/2008/08/images/Parking%20Map.pdf

Can anyone tell me if the yellow public lots are the same for basketball as they are for football? The Circuit Lot, Chemistry Lot, and 751 Lot all appear (I think) on this map, so I assume the lots are the same for basketball as they are for football. If the game starts at 7:00, does anyone know what time the lots "open up"... or are they even closed/gated in the first place?

I'm returning to campus for the first time in years for the game, so I want to try to get as much good info. as I can. Thanks.

Check the parking sticky thread on the Ticket Exchange board for BB parking lots.

RelativeWays
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Last year the circuit lot was closed off to Iron Dukes only when I went to see the exhibition game against Barton. That was also parents weekend so maybe it will be open tomorrow night. I'm actually more worried about parking for the State game. The wolfies will be out in force since they see us as their best shot for an ACC victory.