PDA

View Full Version : “Some Walk-On”?

Tripping William
10-02-2020, 06:37 AM
The main page calls Patrick Davidson “some walk-on”?? Oh em effing gee.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-02-2020, 06:46 AM
I read the article but didn’t see a link to the video. Was there one that I missed?

Tripping William
10-02-2020, 06:53 AM
I read the article but didn’t see a link to the video. Was there one that I missed?

The only link I see is to CP3’s, ummm, “exploits” in the NBA. None that I can see of the nameless walk-on.

-jk
10-02-2020, 07:20 AM
I let Julian know the link didn’t make it in. He should get it taken care of shortly. 😳

-jk

Tripping William
10-02-2020, 08:26 AM
I let Julian know the link didn’t make it in. He should get it taken care of shortly. 😳

-jk

Link fixed. Omission of the actual name of the Baddest Man on the Planet remains.

duke96
10-02-2020, 08:41 AM
For those of us that can’t recall ... anyone care to remind us the origins of the reverence for Patrick Davidson on this board?

sagegrouse
10-02-2020, 09:03 AM
For those of us that can’t recall ... anyone care to remind us the origins of the reverence for Patrick Davidson on this board?

Duke had had a horrible game, losing at Virginia Tech in February 2005. Coach K said he felt "numb" on the bus ride home. Top assistant Dawkins suggested he shake up the lineup. K put all the jobs up for grabs against #5 Wake Forest. The starting lineup included Patrick Davidson, Patrick Johnson and Reggie Love -- in addition to JJ and Shelden Williams. Sean Dockery, Daniel Ewing, Melchionni and DeMarcus Nelson were on the bench.

Davidson, who played until the first time out, was on Chris Paul and hounded him all over the court. His scoring line (http://dukehana.lsiconsulting.com:8000/Duke_University/duke_mbb_stats/WebContent/game_info.html?game_id=20050220) included only two personal fouls -- really tough fouls. Duke (#7) won, 102-92. When he came out he did a chest bump with Coach K.

After the game, Chris Paul and Coach Prosser complained about putting a player in the game to start a fight and get him DQed.

The next day some Grouse started a thread making fun of Wake's whining about Duke's starting a walk-on against the #5 team -- which should have been a cause of some glee on the Wake bench. The thread quickly escalated to the mythical qualities of Patrick Davidson.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-02-2020, 09:44 AM

-jk

Thanks John, Julio fixed it and the link now works. Fun memory! I was there. Gonna miss being in Cameron this season... http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Tripping William
10-02-2020, 09:56 AM
Next thing you know, Nate James will be referred to as "a nice role player" and Andre Buckner as "some dude at the end of the bench."

:rolleyes:

[I hope everyone recognizes that I am just teasing here. All of this is heavy snarkasm. Happy Friday! :o]

devildeac
10-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Next thing you know, Nate James will be referred to as "a nice role player" and Andre Buckner as "some dude at the end of the bench."

:rolleyes:

[I hope everyone recognizes that I am just teasing here. All of this is heavy snarkasm. Happy Friday! :o]

I believe you're being summoned here:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?5554-Ymm-Beer

Truth&Justise
10-02-2020, 11:00 AM

WELLL ACCTSHUALLY...the front page says Duke "started some walk-onS"

Plural. Patrick Davidson, Patrick Johnson, and Reggie Love all started that game.