PDA

View Full Version : Team Apparel

Flyers52
11-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey Dukies, I'm new to the board, and a college student though not at Duke (I got the wonderful, "Sorry but we cannot accept you at this time" letter). A few years ago I got as a Christmas present, authentic Duke game shorts, and now a little bit bigger, I want to get a new pair. For my 21st birthday, I was able to go down to Cameron Indoor (I live on Long Island) for the San Jose State game. It was an unreal experience, one that I hope to have again. But I searched all around for the authentic shorts, I've looked online, but to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can find them? Do you guys think they're still being sold?

I'd appreciate any input! Thanks a lot!

GO DUKE

jlear
11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey Dukies, I'm new to the board, and a college student though not at Duke (I got the wonderful, "Sorry but we cannot accept you at this time" letter). A few years ago I got as a Christmas present, authentic Duke game shorts, and now a little bit bigger, I want to get a new pair. For my 21st birthday, I was able to go down to Cameron Indoor (I live on Long Island) for the San Jose State game. It was an unreal experience, one that I hope to have again. But I searched all around for the authentic shorts, I've looked online, but to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can find them? Do you guys think they're still being sold?

GO DUKE

Try this link - Duke Store (http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?this_category=52&store=106&listtype=begin&form=shared3%2fgm%2fbrowse%2ehtml&design=106)

Cameron
11-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Speaking of apparel, does anyone know where I can find a Duke Nike Glacier Pullover? Not sure if anyone knows what I am talking about, but they are a really nice pullover jacket with the Duke 'D' emblem on front.

I've seen it all over the internet, but I can't seem to find a size medium. For some reason, I'm always a medium with Nike stuff. Anyway, it's an awesome item and I really want it. Of course places like Eastbay and the ESPN Shop have Carolina, Tennessee, Florida State, etc. But no Duke. And those are the types of outlets that would restock.

Places like footballfanatics and stuff suck. Not everyone is an XXXLLLLLL. It seems like that's all they ever have.

I want my Duke Nike Glacier Pullover!!!! :) Lol.

Anyone else have this?

Flyers52
11-11-2007, 12:02 PM
jlear, thanks for the link, i've checked the school store, even called them up, and they have nothing. The shorts I have are the same exact ones they wore on the court from 2003-2004 year, blue and white...I'd love to find authentic-game shorts tho...thanks for your help

Ignatius07
11-11-2007, 12:56 PM
The 03-04 jerseys were the best, before the big lettering and the black lining on the white jerseys (although this now has gone away).

MrBisonDevil
11-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Speaking of apparel, anyone know what happened to the sweatpants with a vertical DUKE on the leg? I haven’t seen them at Dukestores.com in over 2yrs. I still have 2 sweats left from my student days, but they are beginning to look like fishing nets.

Cameron
11-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Can anyone provide some links to shopping outlets in the North Carolina area or stores from down there? I have tons of Duke clothing but, after awhile, it all just seems to look the same. I want some different stuff.

And what's with the black Nike Duke jacket and black nike elite pants from the Duke Collection of Gifts magazine? I ordered this last year after seeing Coach K wearing it in a press conference (it just looked so nice--and comfortable), but when I got it, it fit me like I was a giant 7-footer with Taylor King arms. And it was a medium. Then I sent back for a small and to no avail. My guess is that this combo is made for players and players only, thus the odd sizing.

I guess Coach K has a Taylor! Lol, terrible joke, I know.

Anyway, any links for great Duke clothing would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Indoor66
11-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Does the Duke Store on 9th street still exist?

mepanchin
11-11-2007, 02:31 PM
The Duck Shop or whatever? Yeah

DevilAlumna
11-12-2007, 01:37 AM

Ahh, my employer sophomore year!

Used to be we'd get a lot of phone orders, folks calling in and asking for a sweatshirt or something to be mailed to them; it was never a problem. Might be worth a shot for finding the shorts.

(The parent company used to be an ACC apparel company, "The Conference Store" or something like that; I can't find a web site, but might be worth looking for.)

snowdenscold
11-12-2007, 02:02 AM
For my 21st birthday, I was able to go down to Cameron Indoor (I live on Long Island) for the San Jose State game. It was an unreal experience, one that I hope to have again.

Can't help you with the shorts, but it's kind of neat that that was also the only game I was able to attend the entire year that season.

aro24
11-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Here in Greensboro, NC there is a fantastic place called "The Conference Store". Lots of authentic apparel in there.
Luckily, if you are not able to get to G'boro...they have a website:
www.theconferencestore.com
Hopefully you will have some luck here.
A-Ro24

Flyers52
11-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks EVERYONE!!

OZZIE4DUKE
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM

The Duck Shop's phone number is 919-416-3348.

blazindw
11-12-2007, 10:10 AM

GO DUKE

I stay very current to the jersey business (those who know me know I have enough jerseys to field a football team), and right now Nike does not sell the authentic game shorts. The closest they have is the Swingman shorts, which are usually $60. Everything is stitched on, but it's not the material found in the authentic shorts. You can find the Swingman shorts at the Duke Store or the Duck Shop. You can also find them online with retailers like Eastbay.

Flyers52
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
BlazinDW thanks alot, i'll look into it, thanks for the info about nike too

bdh21
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
I stay very current to the jersey business (those who know me know I have enough jerseys to field a football team), and right now Nike does not sell the authentic game shorts. The closest they have is the Swingman shorts, which are usually $60. Everything is stitched on, but it's not the material found in the authentic shorts. You can find the Swingman shorts at the Duke Store or the Duck Shop. You can also find them online with retailers like Eastbay.

Do you know of any place to find those funky Grey and Black Boozer Jerseys?

allenmurray
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Do you know of any place to find those funky Grey and Black Boozer Jerseys?

i sound crazy, but they have alot of those black and grey ones at Dicks

And some are also at sportsfanatic which is at southpoint

blazindw
11-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Football Fanatics (http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils_Mens_Jerseys/Nike_Duke_Blue_Devils__Number_4_Carlos_Boozer_Upri sing_Black_Twilled_Jersey) online has it as well. I have bought stuff from them and the shipping is usually pretty quick and reliable.

Sports Fan Attic, as allenmurray said, usually has everything under the sun. If you're in Durham, check them out, because they will most likely have it. This is a fairly old jersey (around a year), so it may even be on sale there.