PDA

View Full Version : Football roster update

jimsumner
08-26-2020, 10:54 PM
For those of you interested in such things, I'm enclosing a link to an updated football roster.

https://goduke.com/sports/football/roster

Lots of walk-ons, so fresh off the press that none of them seem to have heights.

But more interesting are the updated weights.

Some significant weight gains.

DT Derrick Tangelo was 285, now 310. C Will Taylor up from 270 to 305. LB Rocky Shelton up from 210 to 235. Rakavius Chambers at 335, redshirt freshman C Elijah Wroten at 330, redshirt freshman OT Ron Carr up from 255 to 275, OT Peace Addo at 345!!. Freshman DT Gary Smith up to 320.

Anyway. Hopefully good weight gains.

Bob Green
08-27-2020, 06:21 AM
DT Derrick Tangelo was 285, now 310. C Will Taylor up from 270 to 305. LB Rocky Shelton up from 210 to 235. Rakavius Chambers at 335, redshirt freshman C Elijah Wroten at 330, redshirt freshman OT Ron Carr up from 255 to 275, OT Peace Addo at 345!!. Freshman DT Gary Smith up to 320.

Anyway. Hopefully good weight gains.

Thanks, Jim.

Hopefully those gains are the result of time in the weight room not time at the dinner table.

budwom
08-27-2020, 09:14 AM
Thanks, Jim.

Hopefully those gains are the result of time in the weight room not time at the dinner table.

yes, some of those guys really needed to add weight...not sure how much he'll play in the future, but when you see Addo on the sidelines, he's just an enormous human being.

jimsumner
08-27-2020, 11:25 AM
The one guy I wanted to see gain weight apparently hasn't gained any. DT Ben Frye is still listed at 255. You might--and I emphasize the qualifier-might be able to play DT at this level with superior athleticism. But Frye doesn't have that or the size necessary to play that position. He really belongs at DE. But, I guess losing Nyembwe, Tahj Rice and Elijan Brown has forced Duke's hand.

budwom
08-27-2020, 01:04 PM
The one guy I wanted to see gain weight apparently hasn't gained any. DT Ben Frye is still listed at 255. You might--and I emphasize the qualifier-might be able to play DT at this level with superior athleticism. But Frye doesn't have that or the size necessary to play that position. He really belongs at DE. But, I guess losing Nyembwe, Tahj Rice and Elijan Brown has forced Duke's hand.

I agree, Frye is frequently mentioned as a major contributor (and yeah, he was a wrestler) but 255 lbs just doesn't look to be realistic...on the other hand, redshirt frosh OT Ron Carr seems to have increased his weight from 255 to 275, a good first step towards playing time in the future...