PDA

View Full Version : Blue Planet!

CameronCraziex3
11-10-2007, 10:22 AM
The Blue Planet website is up and running and simply amazing!

It looks super great and I know I'm going to spend way more time than I should on it

http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/default.asp

Kudos to the Duke Basketball Program for making such a great site!

Indoor66
11-10-2007, 10:36 AM
The Blue Planet website is up and running and simply amazing!

It looks super great and I know I'm going to spend way more time than I should on it

http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/default.asp

Kudos to the Duke Basketball Program for making such a great site!

I looked through the site this morning and it is terrific. Truly informative and enjoyable to a history nut like me. Even saw my late father-in-law in the picture of the '41 team!

Capn Poptart
11-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow. That's as close as you can get to the Duke experience without sneaking into Schwartz-Butters.

wisteria
11-10-2007, 06:17 PM
It's simply terrific! I am sending the message to all my friends~~~

zingit
11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I can tell that when they fill in all the content, I will be able to spend many hours there. A great procrastination tool, haha. I especially like the videos on the site. Particularly the one about the Cameron Crazies--I like feeling appreciated. :-)

wisteria
11-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I thought that poster was really cooooooooool !

It has this historic and artistic look about it. I am going to get one on Monday~~~

TrueBlue9232
11-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Loving the site! The team that designed it, I think, really captured who "we" are. Mad props!

My favorite parts are
A. The videos - easily the coolest stuff on the site. I wish I could download them? I rank them
1. Blue Planet Hype
2. the one about us Crazies - obviously, it makes me proud
3. The Duke Way
4. the one on reading with the Blue Devils
???the other two are way boring
B. The Crazies section - that is mad loaded with fun stuff!
C. Cameron Indoor - I love the bit on Crazy Towel Guy
D. Players Lounge

I'm sure there is more great stuff to come.

What do you guys think? And to the administrators that I know contribute to this site, what kinda stuff can we look forward to?

dukejunkie
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm happy to see that the basketball program has created dukeblueplanet.com. It will be great to get information directly from the team. However, I do have a few concerns.

First off, the site is too busy. It has a lot going on and doesn't flow smoothly. It seems that whoever designed it needs to tone it down a bit. It's almost as if they tried to put all sorts of bells and whistles into it to make it a fancy site. The effort is appreciated but I think they went over the top. They should throttle it down a bit and stick with the old coaching acronym, "KISS".

The video features are nice but there is way too much flash going on. I find it distracting when all I truly want is to read interviews, perspectives, and team updates (injuries, etc.) from the players and coaches.

I don't mean to bash dukeblueplanet. I understand it is the first go around and very much appreciate the effort. I was hoping that the DBR regulars could give some constructive suggestions to make it a site worth visiting regularly.