PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the Crazies!

Ima Facultiwyfe
11-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Good job done tonight by the Crazies and the band and cheerleaders! The bleachers were full, the band sounded solid and big with a few new twists. The Devil surfed all the way down on his very first try. Loved the "Jerrreeee! Jerrreee!" for Henderson!:D

Love, Ima

wisteria
11-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh, I love when NCCU player shot freethrow for the first time in front of the graduate student section, they counted 123 and everyone crouched down, leaving this one topless dude doing some sort of really hilarious dance. Oh, it was so creative that I was laughing to death.

I love the "singler perfect" chant when he was attributed a foul.

And of course Jordan Davison always gets the biggest cheer :)

wallyman
11-09-2007, 10:54 PM
As someone who only gets to a game a year -- if lucky -- it's easy to forget how magical Cameron is. So I concur on how good the Crazies were. And particularly loved the big cheers for Marty. But, there's nothing like walking around on the floor after it's all over, watching people taking pictures of their kids on the free-throw line or posing with the Devil. Lots of the NCCU people hung around, too, taking it in. I still don't completely get the Duke Hating True Believers, but it's hard to imagine anyone watching the scene before, during and after a game at Cameron and not thinking it's one of the really wonderful things in American sport. I'll now dry my eyes.

dukemomLA
11-10-2007, 12:56 AM
There is nothing quite like being at Cameron for a game -- any game, and especially the rival games.

I've spent considerable time at Yankee Stadium, Shea, Fenway, Mile High, Meadows, MSG, Staples Center, etc. But nothing is like a hot, sweaty day-night at Cameron. Such a joy -- .....and hard to get in there. GO BLUE DEVILS -- both men and women.

I think this looks like an exciting year for Duke BB. How far will we go? Im a dreamer and think we'll go further than most other folk. But either way, it's going to be SICK season for all fans.

4decadedukie
11-10-2007, 03:24 AM
I miss Cameron so much . . . and, by the way, my third grandchild arrived last Tuesday and is named (you guessed it) Cameron. Her parents assure me this is solely because they like the name and is not related to Dear Old Duke, but I have my own, baseless hopes.