PDA

View Full Version : Which would bother you most on a first date?

EarlJam
11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Help settle a debate with a co-worker this morning:

You're on a first date with a girl or guy and you go to a restaurant. Which of the following would be the biggest turn-off to you:

1. A booger in the nose?
2. Foot stuck in the front teeth?

-EarlJam

I would add more options, but this is to settle a specific debate.

EarlJam
11-09-2007, 02:12 PM
While a case for "public policy" could be made here, I obviously meant to post this on the Off Topic board.

-EarlJam

TillyGalore
11-09-2007, 02:32 PM
1. A booger in the nose?
2. Foot stuck in the front teeth?

-EarlJam

A booger in the nose would gross me out to no end.

I would like to see a foot stuck in the front teeth, or did you mean that metaphorically?;)

EarlJam
11-09-2007, 02:34 PM
I would like to see a foot stuck in the front teeth, or did you mean that metaphorically?;)

That is funny. Oops. Yep, meant food but a foot stuck in the front teeth could be pretty gross too, or a turn on. All depends on the context.

-EarlJam

dkbaseball
11-09-2007, 02:51 PM
a case for "public policy" could be made here, I

Obviously fits squarely within public nuisance law if occurring in a restaurant. Booger in nose = misdemeanor, the class dependent on degree of protrusion. Foot in mouth = felonious if literal (not unlike yelling fire in a crowded theater), misdemeanor if metaphorical, depending upon decibel level. If it's your foot, culpability would depend upon her degree of offensiveness, but I think we can assume EarlJam would not kick a woman in the teeth without proper cause.

DevilAlumna
11-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I gotta go with the booger. It ends all "kissibility."

Food can be removed, even laughed at. But a booger is unmentionable on a first date, and even if it disappears, the image lingers on. :(

billybreen
11-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Obviously fits squarely within public nuisance law if occurring in a restaurant. Booger in nose = misdemeanor, the class dependent on degree of protrusion. Foot in mouth = felonious if literal (not unlike yelling fire in a crowded theater), misdemeanor if metaphorical, depending upon decibel level. If it's your foot, culpability would depend upon her degree of offensiveness, but I think we can assume EarlJam would not kick a woman in the teeth without proper cause.

Awesome :)

TNTDevil
11-09-2007, 05:05 PM
What if the "food in the teeth" was the booger?

Thank you! Goodnight!

hurleyfor3
11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Where's the "date not ripping her clothes off after 30 minutes" choice?

billybreen
11-09-2007, 06:13 PM
This thread makes me even happier to be married.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-10-2007, 09:12 AM
But a booger is unmentionable on a first date, and even if it disappears, the image lingers on. :(

And the question becomes "where did he or she put it?" And is there any surveillance video available to sell to the media?

4decadedukie
11-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I recall that earlier this week you asked DBR if you should leave your current job. If this is the type of conversations you and your colleagues currently enjoy and this the sort of work environment you have, by all means leave.

YmoBeThere
11-10-2007, 12:35 PM
I recall that earlier this week you asked DBR if you should leave your current job. If this is the type of conversations you and your colleagues currently enjoy and this the sort of work environment you have, by all means leave.

I beg to differ, if you can get away with talking about these sorts of things for most of the time you are there while still managing a decent enough paycheck, well more power to you. Now, if you are the ambitious type, 4DD is right, this isn't the environment to reward that.

knights68
11-10-2007, 04:39 PM
:p BOOGERS! BOOGERS!! :eek:

dukestheheat
11-11-2007, 01:38 PM
so, i had a 'first date' with her and it was the last date; all she did was complain about virtually everything that went down that night. the last straw was when she was whining about 'meeting your parents; i wasn't ready for that'.

boom, later chick. what a neg head. i didn't even try to kiss her goodnight when i dropped her off that night.

i sure did with everybody else, though, that is a GUAR-on-tee.

dth.

jimsumner
11-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Earl,

Has anyone ever suggested that you have entirely too much free time on your hands? :)

BTW, my last first date was in 1970. Went well enough that I don't have to answer the question.

Bob Green
11-12-2007, 06:43 AM
EarlJam,

Write in vote - being seen by my wife, kids, or grandkids!

captmojo
11-12-2007, 12:55 PM
EarlJam,

Write in vote - being seen by my wife, kids, or grandkids!

First rule of self-defense: How Not to be Seen.

First rule of first date: Boogers are Forever

:eek: