PDA

View Full Version : It's not all bad

Buckeye Devil
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Ok, it is a downer to lose to NCST even without Henderson, but there is a lot of potential good that could come out of this.

First, even if they would have won, Duke probably was not going to win the ACC tournament. Virginia would have been a tough game under any situation, but even tougher coming off an OT game. Duke looks like they could use the extra rest that will be plentiful now before the first NCAA tournament game. It
is a good opportunity to regroup.

Second, this game seemed to show that Pocius has the potential to play and contribute in the future. Granted, it wasn't against a top 5 team, but he took advantage of his opportunity and showed us something. If he can get some minutes in the tournament and kick in some points, it can only help.

Third, Nelson and McRoberts combined for 33 points and Josh tried to assert himself in the second half. If they do that in the NCAA and Duke gets back to full strength, I still think that a Sweet 16 appearance is very possible which would be a great accomplishment for this team.

The worst thing that could happen is that the NCAA seed might drop a notch or two after such a bad loss to an inferior team coached by a man with an extremely large head wearing a gawdy, god-awful red coat. The first round match-up will likely be against a tough team.

Chard
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Third, Nelson and McRoberts combined for 33 points and Josh tried to assert himself in the second half. If they do that in the NCAA and Duke gets back to full strength, I still think that a Sweet 16 appearance is very possible which would be a great accomplishment for this team.

The worst thing that could happen is that the NCAA seed might drop a notch or two after such a bad loss to an inferior team coached by a man with an extremely large head wearing a gawdy, god-awful red coat. The first round match-up will likely be against a tough team.

A Sweet Sixteen would be great. Then the real damage could ensue.

I thought to myself during the game: Sindney Lowe sure does look like he should be nicknamed Big Jelly or something.