PDA

View Full Version : Women's lax gets top transfer from Penn

jimsumner
06-16-2020, 03:28 PM
https://goduke.com/news/2020/6/16/womens-lacrosse-adds-rosenzweig-for-2020-21.aspx

heyman25
06-16-2020, 08:11 PM
Saw some annoying news on ACCNetwork online.The longest win streak in Division 1 NCAA Sports is UNC Field Hockey 30 days and 30 months since the last loss. Duke Field Hockey is competitive but has a huge hill to climb to beat UNC. Underfunded and inferior facilities to the arrogant women 12 miles away.

budwom
06-17-2020, 07:48 AM
Saw some annoying news on ACCNetwork online.The longest win streak in Division 1 NCAA Sports is UNC Field Hockey 30 days and 30 months since the last loss. Duke Field Hockey is competitive but has a huge hill to climb to beat UNC. Underfunded and inferior facilities to the arrogant women 12 miles away.

do we not give full field hockey scholarships?...I know little about the program, but the field hockey stadium is pretty nice looking, IMO...

sagegrouse
06-17-2020, 08:12 AM
do we not give full field hockey scholarships?...I know little about the program, but the field hockey stadium is pretty nice looking, IMO...

Don't know current status, but the NCAA Div 1 limit is 12.

arnie
06-17-2020, 08:39 AM

To quote the esteemed philosopher, Ole Roy; I don’t give a ---- about UNCheat women’s field hockey.

BlueDevil16
06-17-2020, 08:53 AM

Duke went pretty far in the NCAAs a few years back I believe. Think they give scholarships and if they didn’t have a full load I’d imagine White would have done that for Title IX before building a softball field.

bigperm13
06-17-2020, 10:19 AM
What does all the field hockey talk have to do with the original post?

AustinDevil
06-17-2020, 10:47 AM
What does all the field hockey talk have to do with the original post?

Zip.

jimsumner
06-17-2020, 12:15 PM
If you got distracted by the weird field-hockey sidebar, the Duke women's lacrosse team will add an All-American from Penn to next year's roster. Yes, an All-American. A grad-student transfer. Immediately eligible.

MCFinARL
06-17-2020, 03:02 PM
If you got distracted by the weird field-hockey sidebar, the Duke women's lacrosse team will add an All-American from Penn to next year's roster. Yes, an All-American. A grad-student transfer. Immediately eligible.

Terrific. Another blessing courtesy of the Ivy League's extra-strict eligibility rules--I believe they declined the NCAA's offer to extend spring sport eligibility for an extra year.

chrishoke
06-17-2020, 04:37 PM

She is Penn's all-time leading scorer! Great addition. :D