PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Snafu - UL sues Duke

grc5
11-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Just wondering what everyone thought about Louisville's lawsuit:

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/media/storage/paper884/news/2007/11/09/News/Team-Faces.Scheduling.Lawsuit-3091514.shtml

Is it crazy to expect a competent AD who can prevent these things from happening?

Lulu
11-09-2007, 02:38 PM
i'd say "similar stature" should apply strictly to the football team itself, any "stature" related to academics or the basketball team shouldn't really apply. therefore, any Div I football team is a suitable replacement for Duke.

mgtr
11-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Maybe they could get a game with Appalachian State!

Bluedog
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
i'd say "similar stature" should apply strictly to the football team itself, any "stature" related to academics or the basketball team shouldn't really apply. therefore, any Div I football team is a suitable replacement for Duke.

That's exactly what I was thinking when they said Indiana State was the replacement. I definitely thought that was suitable considering they can't be much worse than Duke. But then I actually looked up their record and I was wrong. Indiana State is not even in the Bowl Subdivision. They're in the Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) with a record of 0-10 this season. They are one of 6 teams without a win in the FCS. Surely, Duke is better than that and would have a much better record if we were in the FCS.

sandinmyshoes
11-09-2007, 05:49 PM
This is embarrassing on so many levels. :(

johnb
11-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Because of Duke's cancellation three years ago, Louisville has an opening in 2008 and two (!!) openings in 2009. No BCS-eligible team is willing to play them? Is there any reason for them to be such a pariah?

Dopeshop
11-15-2007, 05:38 PM
According the the lawsuit by Louisville, each football game nets $150K . If Alleva cancels the next couple of years of games and we save the costs of fielding a team , I think the budget of the Athletic Department would be much improved.