PDA

View Full Version : Duke Shot Charts (team and player)

Hancock 4 Duke
04-06-2020, 10:42 PM
Hey all! IÂ’ve been doing shot charts for every team in the top 25. Today, I did DukeÂ’s! Figured you guys would like to see them, so I put them together in an imgur album.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7n0v6G5

The bigger the hex, the higher the shot volume. The redder the hex, the higher the FG% from that area.

If you have any questions/suggestions, let me know! I can do other players if youÂ’d like. Also, feel free to check out my Instagram (@chrishancockanalytics) and twitter (@chrisfhancock) to see some of the other teams IÂ’ve done!

Truth&Justise
04-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Hey all! IÂ’ve been doing shot charts for every team in the top 25. Today, I did DukeÂ’s! Figured you guys would like to see them, so I put them together in an imgur album.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7n0v6G5

The bigger the hex, the higher the shot volume. The redder the hex, the higher the FG% from that area.

If you have any questions/suggestions, let me know! I can do other players if youÂ’d like. Also, feel free to check out my Instagram (@chrishancockanalytics) and twitter (@chrisfhancock) to see some of the other teams IÂ’ve done!

Great data, thanks for putting together!

Some interesting tidbits in these charts:

Duke was apparently a better 3pt shooting team overall than I remember.

Tre struggled to finish at the rim.

Cassius Stanley was a great 3pt shooter form the corners, decent from the wings, and terrible from the top of the key.

Vernon was Stanley's complete inverse: he could only hit threes from the top of the key.

No one could hit a mid-range shot--real chicken and egg problem on whether they don't hit that shot because we don't look for it, or we don't look for it because they don't hit it.

Hancock 4 Duke
04-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Great data, thanks for putting together!

Some interesting tidbits in these charts:

Duke was apparently a better 3pt shooting team overall than I remember.

Tre struggled to finish at the rim.

Cassius Stanley was a great 3pt shooter form the corners, decent from the wings, and terrible from the top of the key.

Vernon was Stanley's complete inverse: he could only hit threes from the top of the key.

No one could hit a mid-range shot--real chicken and egg problem on whether they don't hit that shot because we don't look for it, or we don't look for it because they don't hit it.

I think the midrange is just fading out of college basketball. As far as I remember, I don’t recall any teams that shot a high % from anywhere in the midrange. BYU shot about 50% from the right corner and wing 2, but they’re definitely an outlier in that regard.