PDA

View Full Version : '06-'07=Shav?

A-Tex Devil
03-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I'll say it and give me ban points if necessary --

But this team is the equivalent of Shavlik Randolph's Duke career. The talent is there to be 4-5 games better than we were, and we'll see these guys go on to great things (hopefully most still in Duke uniforms), but this is incredibly disappointing.

NC State for god's sake. We didn't need Hendu. Perhaps we needed mor Marty throughout the year.

And thanks, Josh, for the excellent OT. You kept us in it. Of course, if that had been there in the first 40, perhaps we wouldn't have needed OT.

Gotta vent somewhere right? And believe me, these words are VERY tempered.

RelativeWays
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Well.....its not Miami.

Chard
03-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I feel your pain but I'm not suprised by the loss. Yes, the talent is there but it is young talent.

Josh was saddled with fouls early on. He couldn't help that.

Duke needed more of Marty in the second half and not the end of it because of McClure fouling out.

SharkD
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
And thanks, Josh, for the excellent OT. You kept us in it. Of course, if that had been there in the first 40, perhaps we wouldn't have needed OT.

Personally, I thought Josh played the last 30 minutes of the game fairly well. Not spectacular, but much more involved and much more in control than he's been much of this year.