PDA

View Full Version : Schadenfreude Continues

Lurkingdukedog
02-17-2020, 09:57 PM
First BC. Then Duke. Then Wake. Then Virginia. How about those Fighting Irish??

UrinalCake
02-17-2020, 10:25 PM
UNC puts the "fraud" in Schadenfreude.

camion
02-17-2020, 10:38 PM
This UNC season is the most fascinating train wreck I’ve seen in recent memory. Just when you think it’s done another car slides off the rails into the ditch.

Dr. Rosenrosen
02-17-2020, 10:49 PM
This UNC season is the most fascinating train wreck I’ve seen in recent memory. Just when you think it’s done another car slides off the rails into the ditch.
The words “dumpster” and “fire” come to mind.

camion
02-17-2020, 10:57 PM
Also, since
Duke > UNC by 2
Duke > ND by 34
ND > UNC by 2
By the principle of transitivity and since UNC can only beat itself, the UNC team beat itself against Duke should beat the UNC team that beat itself against ND by 34. :)
Is that right?

robed deity
02-17-2020, 10:58 PM
Also, since
Duke > UNC by 2
Duke > ND by 34
ND > UNC by 2
By the principle of transitivity and since UNC can only beat itself, the UNC team that lost to Duke should beat the UNC team that lost to ND by 34. 🙂
Is that right?

Only if Ademola Okulaja is on the team.

kAzE
02-18-2020, 03:14 AM
This is karma for all their cheating. It has to be. There can't be any kind of precedent for this many losses to buzzer beaters in a single season . . .

Billy Dat
02-18-2020, 06:13 AM
It actually reminds me a lot of Duke 94-95. We lost so many league games that season in the final few minutes.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-18-2020, 06:34 AM

oh well played sir......

slower
02-18-2020, 06:38 AM
SchadenROYd. FIFY.

Acymetric
02-18-2020, 07:14 AM
This is karma for all their cheating. It has to be. There can't be any kind of precedent for this many losses to buzzer beaters in a single season . . .

The 04-05 Virginia Tech team is probably close. I actually started feeling bad for that VT team not long after the Dockery shot (like a few games after, did not feel bad that night!)

Seems like Notre Dame or some other team was pretty snakebit with a ton of close losses last year or the year before too.

OldPhiKap
02-18-2020, 07:26 AM

Ok, we can close the internet now. Our work here is done.

DrChainsaw
02-18-2020, 07:52 AM
and I witnessed a sign...

This game was in the bag.

aimo
02-18-2020, 08:35 AM

Awesome! A little sideways, but awesome!

throatybeard
02-18-2020, 08:46 AM
Roy is not in the dadgum President's Day spirit.

DrChainsaw
02-18-2020, 09:05 AM
Awesome! A little sideways, but awesome!

Can’t figure out which piece of electronics is rotating the pic, but even trying to post a counter-rotates pic doesn’t fix it. ...

camion
02-18-2020, 09:24 AM
Can’t figure out which piece of electronics is rotating the pic, but even trying to post a counter-rotates pic doesn’t fix it. ...

Maybe it just really wants to be in landscape mode. Can you make it wider than it is tall?

DrChainsaw
02-18-2020, 09:26 AM
Maybe it just really wants to be in landscape mode. Can you make it wider than it is tall?

Interesting theory. I'll try later when I have all my electronics

camion
02-18-2020, 09:32 AM
I've seen this effect too once in a while.
Just out of curiosity I'm playing with the pic.
Testi
ng 1 2 3
rotated

wide

wide and rotated

Rosie
02-18-2020, 10:43 AM
They won't lose the game against Kentucky by one point. They will probably lose by 20 points. So that lifts the curse!

jipops
02-18-2020, 12:09 PM
Roy is not in the dadgum President's Day spirit.

nice

fidel
02-18-2020, 12:38 PM

I'm fully in with this. Change the thread title to Schadenfraud Continues.

gofurman
02-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Also, since
Duke > UNC by 2
Duke > ND by 34
ND > UNC by 2
By the principle of transitivity and since UNC can only beat itself, the UNC team beat itself against Duke should beat the UNC team that beat itself against ND by 34. :)
Is that right?

just be careful. it's obvious (see your scores) how they get up for us - I worry about the game n' Cameron

freshmanjs
02-18-2020, 01:16 PM
It actually reminds me a lot of Duke 94-95. We lost so many league games that season in the final few minutes.

In addition, the Duke-UNC game was a mirror of that season, where our underdog team very nearly pulled off the upset at home, but instead suffered a deflating loss.

devildeac
02-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Airline and theatre seats with that designation also need to be posted. :D

Edouble
02-18-2020, 02:42 PM
In addition, the Duke-UNC game was a mirror of that season, where our underdog team very nearly pulled off the upset at home, but instead suffered a deflating loss.

... both games in overtime, too.

BD80
02-18-2020, 02:52 PM
Airline and theatre seats with that designation also need to be posted. :D

I guess I shouldn't run an airline. Every seat would be 9f.

CameronBlue
02-18-2020, 02:53 PM

Roy's safe. I hear they're handing out pardons for that sort of thing these days.

mattyoung18
02-18-2020, 04:02 PM
Will the uncheats be a 16 seed in the NIT?I dont want this cheat team to ever leave.They are pitiful.

robed deity
02-18-2020, 04:14 PM

I have been thinking this for a while. This was before Kenpom, but looking at the '95 SRS rankings, Duke finished 22(!). That is remarkable for a team that went 13-18. Goes to show you how stacked the ACC was. Any other conference, that team probably makes the tournament.

UNC is 77 this year, so a good bit worse.

DukieInBrasil
02-18-2020, 05:50 PM
Will the uncheats be a 16 seed in the NIT?I dont want this cheat team to ever leave.They are pitiful.

I for one think they are playing beautifully.

mattyoung18
02-18-2020, 05:55 PM
I for one think they are playing beautifully.

Yes beautiful.Their games look like replays with my wishes coming true.

budwom
02-19-2020, 11:57 AM
unc is rarely as bad as we expect them to be, but this year is a glorious exception.

kAzE
02-19-2020, 12:06 PM
Video compilation of UNC's close losses (5 losses, including 4 buzzer beaters). Enjoy:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28727572

Natty_B
02-19-2020, 12:40 PM
This season is bringing back memories of the 01-02 UNC team that went 8-20. However, I'm enjoying this MORE because back then Duke was in the midst of a fierce rivalry with Maryland (honestly from 99-02 Maryland was maybe a bigger rival). So while it was enjoyable to see UNC terrible that year a Duke fan still had to contend with another primary rival who was stacked - and won the title. Now that rival is gonzo and only UNC is left and they're terrible. What I'm saying is BEST SCHADENFREUDE EVER!!

wilson
02-19-2020, 01:49 PM
This season is bringing back memories of the 01-02 UNC team that went 8-20. However, I'm enjoying this MORE because back then Duke was in the midst of a fierce rivalry with Maryland (honestly from 99-02 Maryland was maybe a bigger rival). So while it was enjoyable to see UNC terrible that year a Duke fan still had to contend with another primary rival who was stacked - and won the title. Now that rival is gonzo and only UNC is left and they're terrible. What I'm saying is BEST SCHADENFREUDE EVER!!My undergrad years coincided with the Doh era (error?) at unc, and it was interesting to note the dynamic you describe above among my Duke peers. There were/are a fair number of Duke students who grew up in Duke families and were thus well aware that unc was rival #1, and who reveled in their cratering in '02. On the other hand, there were also quite a few Duke basketball neophytes who were a bit puzzled by the schadenfreude because in their eyes, Maryland was the bigger rival anyway.

Ggallagher
02-19-2020, 03:13 PM
unc is rarely as bad as we expect them to be, but this year is a glorious exception.

There's a secondary benefit that I've enjoyed related to unc's struggles this year.

While I haven't enjoyed the frequent comments by sportscasters that the ACC is a relatively weak conference this year, I do get some additional pleasure each time I think about who is at the bottom of our relatively weak conference. They can't even get off the bottom of the ACC in a down year.

rasputin
02-19-2020, 03:17 PM

Doesn't the NIT require that the participating "schools" have at least a .500 record?

howardlander
02-19-2020, 03:51 PM
Doesn't the NIT require that the participating "schools" have at least a .500 record?

Not according to the Wikipedia page. But I don't guess the Heels could go at say 12 and 20. I think they would have to be close

UrinalCake
02-19-2020, 03:53 PM

I think that used to be a requirement, but they did away with it a few years ago.

Tripping William
02-19-2020, 03:57 PM
Not according to the Wikipedia page. But I don't guess the Heels could go at say 12 and 20. I think they would have to be close

So, chances are slim that they'll hang another "NIT Third Place" banner?

OldPhiKap
02-19-2020, 03:58 PM
UNC is 10-16 with only five regular season games to go -- @ Louisville, @ Duke, and @ SYR among them. So the chalk has them at 12-19 by season's end evenif we give them State and Wake at home. Getting to .500, even with a pretty deep run in the ACCT, seems highly unlikely.

I believe the NIT no longer has that express criteria, but not aware of any team with a sub-.500 record making the NIT. Carolina is special, though . . . .

Acymetric
02-19-2020, 04:04 PM
UNC is 10-16 with only five regular season games to go -- @ Louisville, @ Duke, and @ SYR among them. So the chalk has them at 12-19 by season's end evenif we give them State and Wake at home. Getting to .500, even with a pretty deep run in the ACCT, seems highly unlikely.

I believe the NIT no longer has that express criteria, but not aware of any team with a sub-.500 record making the NIT. Carolina is special, though . . . .

Would unc even accept an NIT bid this year if they were offered one?

MarkD83
02-19-2020, 04:06 PM

Would they risk having one more excruciating loss

uh_no
02-19-2020, 04:07 PM

they did a few years ago, and it lead to then playing in Carmichael for the first time in forever

Acymetric
02-19-2020, 04:09 PM
they did a few years ago, and it lead to then playing in Carmichael for the first time in forever

That team was ok. I'm talking about this specific team, which has not been ok, and would seem to want to get this season over with and put it behind them as quickly as possible. I can't imagine they want to extend this embarrassment into the postseason.

UrinalCake
02-19-2020, 04:29 PM
This season is bringing back memories of the 01-02 UNC team that went 8-20. However, I'm enjoying this MORE because back then Duke was in the midst of a fierce rivalry with Maryland (honestly from 99-02 Maryland was maybe a bigger rival).

I enjoyed the D'oh years, but in a different way since they were going through a massive coaching transition. It was expected that they would struggle in the interim, and hiring Gut just prolonged the transition. So at least in my opinion it was like they had an asterisk next to their struggles.

2010 is the closest comparison for me to the current season. What made that season all the more sweeter is that they came into it with sky high expectations and we had none. The details have been discussed many times, but their struggles made our success even more enjoyable. This current season they started ranked top 10 in the preseason, they had a can't-miss potential #1 pick, highly sought-after grad transfers, and solid pieces around them. At first the injuries were a reasonable excuse for losing, but now everyone is back except for some bench guys (Manley, Harris) and they're still awful so I'm glad they don't have that to explain it away.

howardlander
02-19-2020, 04:29 PM
UNC is 10-16 with only five regular season games to go -- @ Louisville, @ Duke, and @ SYR among them. So the chalk has them at 12-19 by season's end evenif we give them State and Wake at home.

Right plus a first round tournament loss leaves them at 12 and 20, which is what I am thinking they will finish at.

MChambers
02-19-2020, 04:38 PM
Right plus a first round tournament loss leaves them at 12 and 20, which is what I am thinking they will finish at.

If that happens, maybe UNC will fire Roy (or he’ll resign) and bring back his immediate predecessor, Matt Doherty. I expect K would bring back Andre Buckner was an assistant coach if Doherty returns!

Dr. Rosenrosen
02-19-2020, 11:17 PM
Might be time to close this thread? We may have taken it too far and broken the space time continuum. I can’t figure any other explanation for tonight’s debacle.

BD80
02-20-2020, 12:36 AM

What if they make it available to "regular" sub-500 teams as well?

clinresga
02-20-2020, 07:32 AM
Might be time to close this thread? We may have taken it too far and broken the space time continuum. I can’t figure any other explanation for tonight’s debacle.

I'm with you on this one. For a board that should always respect irrational superstition ("I'm not going to jinx it"), a lot of folks are riling the Fates with this reveling in the Cheats' misery. We should return to DBR's core strengths ("it's over...").

OldPhiKap
02-20-2020, 07:40 AM

Duke has lost 5 of the last 7 games we played in Raleigh IIRC, even though I am sure we were favored in most if not all contests. The rip in the s/t continuum is not in this thread, it’s somewhere on the Buck Dean Freeway.

75Crazie
02-20-2020, 09:23 AM
Duke has lost 5 of the last 7 games we played in Raleigh IIRC …
Duke > uNC > State > Duke > ...

OldPhiKap
02-20-2020, 09:28 AM
Addendum: pretty sure both the 2010 and 2015 teams lost in Raleigh. Those years turned out okay.

It's a tough arena, and State usually brings it harder than we do for some reason. No worries. Tip my cap to State for a deserving trounce, and move on.

(I did tell a good State friend though that if they roll over to UNC yet again I will never ever talk to him. And I ain't kidding about that.)

DarkstarWahoo
02-20-2020, 09:42 AM
My undergrad years coincided with the Doh era (error?) at unc, and it was interesting to note the dynamic you describe above among my Duke peers. There were/are a fair number of Duke students who grew up in Duke families and were thus well aware that unc was rival #1, and who reveled in their cratering in '02. On the other hand, there were also quite a few Duke basketball neophytes who were a bit puzzled by the schadenfreude because in their eyes, Maryland was the bigger rival anyway.

On a related note, I switched jobs last year, and one of my colleagues is a young (25 or so) Terp. Very nice girl, but she was confused when I expressed mock disgust at her alma mater. She asked for an explanation, and I said, "Oh, they're one of UVA's rivals." Her response: "But our rivals are teams like Penn State and Michigan State."

BD80
02-20-2020, 09:44 AM
On a related note, I switched jobs last year, and one of my colleagues is a young (25 or so) Terp. Very nice girl, but she was confused when I expressed mock disgust at her alma mater. She asked for an explanation, and I said, "Oh, they're one of UVA's rivals." Her response: "But our rivals are teams like Penn State and Michigan State."

Not Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa?

DarkstarWahoo
02-20-2020, 09:46 AM
Not Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa?

I didn't press her on it because her response had me scheduling colonoscopies and putting deposits down on cemetery plots.

OldPhiKap
02-20-2020, 09:46 AM

This makes me sad. Kinda.

Acymetric
02-20-2020, 09:58 AM
This makes me sad. Kinda.

Duke - Maryland was one of the best rivalries in the country for a while there. I miss the rivalry a little bit, it was a good bit of fun. Don't miss their fans though, worst sports fans in the country in any sport at any level.

kako
02-20-2020, 03:09 PM
Duke - Maryland was one of the best rivalries in the country for a while there. I miss the rivalry a little bit, it was a good bit of fun. Don't miss their fans though, worst sports fans in the country in any sport at any level.

F--- Maryland

Before they snubbed ACC history/legacy and bolted for football money, I just didn't like them. Now, it's different. My level of schadenfreude for Maryland is different than for Carolina. I still revel in Carolina's misery, and yes, they did cheat. But I hated Carolina before the scandal, so cheating was only added on top of an already mountain of hatred. But I have a level of disgust for Maryland that is unique. Screw them, and the money-plated horse they rode off on.

9F

rthomas
02-20-2020, 03:17 PM
This thread is probably why we played uncharacteristically bad and lost last night. Thread should be locked and never used again.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-20-2020, 03:25 PM
This thread is probably why we played uncharacteristically bad and lost last night. Thread should be locked and never used again.

Insert Morgan Freeman "he's right you know" pic...

PackMan97
02-20-2020, 03:34 PM

As a long suffering NC State fan, I can assure you that taking pleasure in the misery of your opponents in no way influences game outcomes.

MarkD83
02-20-2020, 04:00 PM
As a long suffering NC State fan, I can assure you that taking pleasure in the misery of your opponents in no way influences game outcomes.

Is that why you are hanging out here on DBR today!!!! Only joking. I am sure that you like all of us are wondering why last night's Pack team does not show up when they are playing unc.

PackMan97
02-20-2020, 04:02 PM
Is that why you are hanging out here on DBR today!!!! Only joking. I am sure that you like all of us are wondering why last night's Pack team does not show up when they are playing unc.

I know why...it's to keep NC State fans humble and keep our hate alive for UNC. It's all part of the plan.

OldPhiKap
02-20-2020, 04:03 PM

We have lost five of the last seven in Raleigh. Uncharacteristic would have been a win.

If there is a reason to shut down the thread, it's that Roy has the #3 recruiting class in the country next year and Cole's stock has dropped far enough that he may come back. I don't see any problem with this thread in this time and place, but it may not age well come next winter.

But -- carpe diem.

DukieInKansas
02-20-2020, 04:43 PM
I know why...it's to keep NC State fans humble and keep our hate alive for UNC. It's all part of the plan.

You need a new plan.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-20-2020, 07:07 PM

...you mean why last night's Pack team does not show up for ANYONE BUT DUKE.....almost every year....I'll guarantee you that the PNC arena will be dead and the Pack will miss 3's and not outhustle FSU.....guarandamtee...

PackMan97
02-20-2020, 10:40 PM
You need a new plan.

I have thought to myself many times that I need to reevaluate my life....but I'm not sure what I would do if I ever cheered for a winner!

throatybeard
02-21-2020, 09:19 AM
I have thought to myself many times that I need to reevaluate my life...but I'm not sure what I would do if I ever cheered for a winner!

NC State's associated ice hockey program makes the conference finals now and then. They even won a Stanley Cup! The anti-cyclones, what are they called, you know.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-21-2020, 09:58 AM
NC State's associated ice hockey program makes the conference finals now and then. They even won a Stanley Cup! The anti-cyclones, what are they called, you know.

....and heading to Carter Finley for a February date next year to boot......(and in case anyone has any doubt, the associated hockey program runs the arena.....)

budwom
02-21-2020, 10:19 AM

OK, this is a bit off topic, but let me ask you this, PackMan: How can your arena POSSIBLY allow those hideous, unc blue "UNC Rex" healthcare signs? Seriously? Just the color is an affront to nature, and having those three icky letters starting out at your from everywhere (the baskets, scorers table, etc) is patently inexcusable. Ack!

DU82
02-21-2020, 05:25 PM
OK, this is a bit off topic, but let me ask you this, PackMan: How can your arena POSSIBLY allow those hideous, unc blue "UNC Rex" healthcare signs? Seriously? Just the color is an affront to nature, and having those three icky letters starting out at your from everywhere (the baskets, scorers table, etc) is patently inexcusable. Ack!

We had the same reaction/comment on Wednesday. Couldn't they at least contact and be sponsored by Duke Raleigh?

devildeac
02-21-2020, 06:07 PM

We had the same reaction/comment on Wednesday. Couldn't they at least contact and be sponsored by Duke Raleigh?

Simple answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_bfU2z1FhA

Longer reply:

Rex, part of "u"nc Healthcare for the last decade or more, has been a big sponsor of the Hurricanes for quite a number of years and have had a luxury box/hospitality suite at the 200 level for a long time, too. Their preferred orthopaedic group, Raleigh Orthopaedics (sorry, billy :(), has been team physicians for the 'Canes and the Wolfpack for a similar duration, hence the Rex name/logos plastered all over the PNC/RBC Center. The designated hospital colors used to be purple and white and I'm not sure when that changed but, I agree, the current blue is hideous. Rexie, their hospital "mascot" also used to be purple and white:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjCwTQEAmgI/?hl=en

budwom
02-22-2020, 08:40 AM
^ money, of course. Having said that, let's suppose that the personable James Scott Farrin decided to change the name of his law offices to Tarheel Law Group, do you think Duke would put THAT up in big letters? Have we ANY sense of decency?????
Are there are least one or two things that can't be bought?

arnie
02-22-2020, 09:15 AM
^ money, of course. Having said that, let's suppose that the personable James Scott Farrin decided to change the name of his law offices to Tarheel Law Group, do you think Duke would put THAT up in big letters? Have we ANY sense of decency?????

I think State really regrets not upgrading Reynolds decades ago. They wanted a new palace to one-up the Cheats, but didn’t have enough financial backing. So they “partnered” with the pro lacrosse team with skates on ice and now can’t control the arena.

sagegrouse
02-22-2020, 10:10 AM
I think State really regrets not upgrading Reynolds decades ago. They wanted a new palace to one-up the Cheats, but didn’t have enough financial backing. So they “partnered” with the pro lacrosse team with skates on ice and now can’t control the arena.

Upgrading would mean building a new arena from scratch, as I understand it. When State built Reynolds in the 1940's, it was basically to be the size of Duke Indoor Stadium -- seating 9,000 or so and about the same dimensions. Everett Case, after construction had begun, decided he wanted a much bigger venue and convinced the State powers-that-be. -- So they lengthened it to add 4,000 or so more seats, creating an unbalanced design with too many seats in either end.

devildeac
02-22-2020, 10:34 AM

I can't be bought but I can be rented for a pint or two of fine ale...

:o

BD80
02-22-2020, 01:14 PM
I can't be bought but I can be rented for a pint or two of fine ale...

:o

But after two pints, the process of returning the deposit begins.

billy
02-22-2020, 01:28 PM
Not sure how soon the signs will change, but, at least the new one has a more reasonable shade of blue:

"Last fall, we introduced a new strategy centered on our transformation into ONE UNC Health. Today, as a part of that strategy, I am excited to announce a new name and logo for our health system – we are UNC Health."

2/20/2020

Wesley Burks
CEO, UNC Health
Dean, UNC School of Medicine

devildeac
02-22-2020, 01:31 PM

Figured someone would extrapolate on that one...

:D

"...Two pints o’ Sam Adams, but I’m workin’ on three, uh!"

devildeac
02-22-2020, 01:38 PM
Not sure how soon the signs will change, but, at least the new one has a more reasonable shade of blue:

"Last fall, we introduced a new strategy centered on our transformation into ONE UNC Health. Today, as a part of that strategy, I am excited to announce a new name and logo for our health system – we are UNC Health."

2/20/2020

Wesley Burks
CEO, UNC Health
Dean, UNC School of Medicine

Ha! Their football team has been wearing a better shade of blue at times/pieces for a few years now. ;)

JStuart
02-22-2020, 02:19 PM

Man, I'd expect better comments from this board than these piss-poor ones....

devildeac
02-22-2020, 05:38 PM
Man, I'd expect better comments from this board than these piss-poor ones...

Well, after two pints, one is not exactly poor with the above...

willowglen
02-22-2020, 06:23 PM
The hottest topic on the Day IC board is the quality of the large Arby’s fish sandwich advertised during the game. Fans think it is a winner. In a more serious vein, I wonder whether UNC has mentally quit. Cole Anthony lofted up a 40 foot airball during routine play that only would be attempted in a sandlot game.

mattyoung18
02-22-2020, 07:14 PM
I think ole Roy is in that fetal position he referred to in his last presser lol.

richardjackson199
02-22-2020, 07:29 PM
Cheats looked good.

A reporter asked Ol Roy a question in the presser if he would reflect back in a month about how many injuries UNCheat has had.

Ol Roy in typical melodramatic fashion - "If I'm alive a month from now I won't look back at this crap."

BD80
02-22-2020, 07:30 PM
I think ole Roy is in that fetal position he referred to in his last presser lol.

Based on the way his team has been playing, I believe you meant to say fecal position.

arnie
02-22-2020, 07:31 PM

Roy has positioned his band of Cheats to lose 20+ games this season. Take a wild guess as to how many Duke men’s b-ball teams have lost 20 in a season?

Dr. Rosenrosen
02-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Cheats have 17 losses and 4 regular season games left. If they really focus, they can break the school record for most losses in a season and do it without even needing any post season games to get there. The 8-20 team needed two post seasons losses to get to 20 and set the mark. So, anyone who says they have nothing left to play for is totally uninformed.

9f

arnie
02-22-2020, 07:42 PM
Roy has positioned his band of Cheats to lose 20+ games this season. Take a wild guess as to how many Duke men’s b-ball teams have lost 20 in a season?

And the Pack has never even lost 20 games in a season. If Roy can lose 22; he’s got the all time Big 4 record. Dadgum it.

dukelifer
02-22-2020, 07:49 PM
Cheats have 17 losses and 4 regular season games left. If they really focus, they can break the school record for most losses in a season and do it without even needing any post season games to get there. The 8-20 team needed two post seasons losses to get to 20 and set the mark. So, anyone who says they have nothing left to play for is totally uninformed.

9f

Unless folks get/stay injured/sick I expect that they are winning two of the next four games. They can’t lose Brooks and have a chance .

Reddevil
02-22-2020, 08:33 PM

9f

Is that 8-20 team standing by with Champagne a la the undefeated '72 Dolphins every year?

MarkD83
02-23-2020, 11:31 AM
Not sure this is a sign of "reverse" Schadenfreude but after San Diego State lost and after Duke won big I could not get access to the DBR forum. That continued until today after I saw that Gonzaga lost.

Was this caused by all of the pessimism on this board about possibly not getting a number 1 seed? (Inquiring minds want to know).

In any event, with all of the losses yesterday my guess is that one of Louisville, FSU or Duke gets a number 1 seed if they win the regular season and the ACC tournament.

Dr. Rosenrosen
02-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Is that 8-20 team standing by with Champagne a la the undefeated '72 Dolphins every year?
I'm sure Doherty is!