PDA

View Full Version : Duke-VT game time changed to 8 P.M.

jimsumner
02-12-2020, 12:32 PM
https://goduke.com/news/2020/2/12/mens-basketball-alert-time-change-for-mbb-game-vs-vt-on-feb-22.aspx

CameronBornAndBred
02-12-2020, 01:10 PM
Damn. I was looking forward to the afternoon tip.

roywhite
02-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Looked at the overall schedule and just realized no Sunday games this year? Is that a recent change, or did I miss some discussion of it?

I know Coach K was not fond of Sunday games, and perhaps other ACC schools/coaches felt the same? There have been some conference games on Sunday, but very few, and none for Duke.

Acymetric
02-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Looked at the overall schedule and just realized no Sunday games this year? Is that a recent change, or did I miss some discussion of it?

I know Coach K was not fond of Sunday games, and perhaps other ACC schools/coaches felt the same? There have been some conference games on Sunday, but very few, and none for Duke.

It seems like there are less Sunday NCAA games in general this year. Seems like there used to be one or two relevant Sunday games most weekends, this year hardly any.

jimsumner
02-12-2020, 02:30 PM

The ACC has slotted Saturdays for men's basketball and Sundays for women's basketball.

pfrduke
02-12-2020, 04:12 PM
The ACC has slotted Saturdays for men's basketball and Sundays for women's basketball.

Mostly true, although it seems like there is a single 6pm ACCN men’s game every Sunday.

-jk
02-12-2020, 05:05 PM
It seems like there are less Sunday NCAA games in general this year. Seems like there used to be one or two relevant Sunday games most weekends, this year hardly any.

I think there are a lot fewer Sunday games since we left Fox Sports several years ago.

-jk

weezie
02-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Oh pooh. Gotta make a hotel res now.