PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v BC (Feb 4, 2020)

JBDuke
02-04-2020, 09:08 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over BC tonight?

Ultrarunner
02-04-2020, 09:10 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over BC tonight?

My heart says Joey but the MOTM was Carey

Devilwin
02-04-2020, 09:12 PM
Baker got us going..Voted for him.

MCFinARL
02-04-2020, 09:12 PM
I don't know, Carey was good but he had his share of misses/fouls/non-rebounds. He wasn't better than what we count on from him day in and day out, and maybe not quite as good. Baker was a spark when Duke most needed one and changed the direction of the game at a crucial moment. He gets my vote.

lotusland
02-04-2020, 09:13 PM
Tre Stones brought it home with clutch play to close it out. Vern was big again and Joey provided a much needed boost.

Acymetric
02-04-2020, 09:13 PM
WTF...I don't know.

bbosbbos
02-04-2020, 09:15 PM
This one belongs to K. Without his adjustment we could not win.

CameronBornAndBred
02-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Make Javin Baker an option. He's got my vote.

jv001
02-04-2020, 09:19 PM
I went with Joey for the same reason Jason went with Alex against Cuse. To come in and play that well after not playing last game, I think he deserves the award. Tre with some big time plays coming down the stretch and Coach K with some very good moves. The press and zone really caught BC off guard, even though they scored the first time against the zone. But the zone was good after that possession.

GoDuke!

MarkD83
02-04-2020, 09:25 PM
Can I vote for Derryck Thornton.

Circa 2/17/2016.......Joel Berry II missed jump shot, blocked by Derryck Thornton

dukelifer
02-04-2020, 09:40 PM
Went with Joey- He gave the team a HUGE lift- extended Duke three point shot making streak and Duke was able to get some separation. Tre was excellent down the stretch - but Joey was the difference- Duke does not win without his spark.

Neals384
02-04-2020, 10:04 PM
Joey Buckets for keeping the 3-pt streak alive.

wsb3
02-04-2020, 10:06 PM
Really hard. I would choose to split my vote between Baker & Jones if that were an option. Baker woke us up when it felt we were dead and Tre finished it off for us. That pass to Javin with the clock winding down might have been the one play that saved the game.

devildeac
02-04-2020, 10:42 PM
Really hard. I would choose to split my vote between Baker & Jones if that were an option. Baker woke us up when it felt we were dead and Tre finished it off for us. That pass to Javin with the clock winding down might have been the one play that saved the game.

I'd split mine 3 ways with one of RJ199's pie knives: Vern for another double-double, Tre for his good 2nd half and Baker for his spark off the bench and keeping "the streak" alive.

Phredd3
02-04-2020, 10:44 PM
The only reason the MOTM is not Vernon Carey is that he was forced to carry two BC players with him every time he shot the ball. Tre was good down the stretch, but terrible before that. It has to be Joey, without whom we just never get going. Those two foul-drawing drives of his finally woke us up. Gotta be Joey.

KandG
02-04-2020, 11:26 PM
A tie between Joey and Tre (as of the time I posted this) feels right. Not only Joey's shots dropping, but being able to find seams in the BC defense really turned the game around for good. Tre took us home with his play on both ends after a very shaky first half plus.

Interesting to see Vernon getting votes: he was obviously crucial, but he also fumbled the ball a lot , was slow to loose balls, and looked off (even with the BC players hanging off of him). I was very surprised to see he got the numbers he did after the game ended, it didn't feel like he dominated the way he could have when watching live.

kako
02-05-2020, 12:07 AM
The emotional vote is for Baker. I think he did give Duke a big lift, but he's not MOTM. For me, it was between Jones and Carey. Jones hit some big shots, but I went with Carey for his work on the boards, along with his usual points.

9F

OZZIE4DUKE
02-05-2020, 12:17 AM
I went with Tre in both polls. He drove the sinking boat and again made the big foul shots down the stretch. Almost went for Joey for making the three - I did vote for Alex when he did it last time.http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Vernon looked slow most of the night. He was "reaching" for rebounds and loose balls instead of moving for them, and he wasn't strong when he got his hands on the ball - hell, he literally was stripped of it when he had two hands on it one time and was trying to hold on for dear life. He's stronger than that, he just didn't want it as badly as the BC player.

And J-gold has got to stop missing open layups.
http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Native
02-05-2020, 08:50 AM
I went with Joey. The entire team was sluggish and he brought a huge spark off the bench that helped us pull through. Tre sealed it at the end with some huge plays and Vernon carried us throughout.

azzefkram
02-05-2020, 09:32 AM
Vernon was the best player but Joey seemed to provide a spark when the team needed it so he gets my MOTM. Tre was Mariano.

budwom
02-05-2020, 09:34 AM
The fans for enduring it. Painful. But we won't be overconfident in CH after that.

Lar77
02-05-2020, 10:48 AM
This was tough. Vernon, again, carried us early. Joey breathed life into us. But I went with Tre for his second half and his defense.

Confused why Joey is not getting more run. Seems more often than not he is bringing energy and his step in two is beautiful.