PDA

View Full Version : Duke Lands Grad Transfer QB Chase Brice and OL Devery Hamilton!

Acymetric
02-02-2020, 05:54 PM
As first reported by jafarr1 in the football off-season thread (here (https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?44476-Duke-Football-Offseason-Discussion&p=1220694#post1220694)), Chase Brice has chosen to transfer to Duke! I feel like this warrants its own top level thread, as it is pretty big news! Huge get and our QB room appears to be in great shape now with Brice, Gunnar, and Luca. Crossing my fingers we can land Stanford OL transfer Devery Hamilton as well!

https://mobile.twitter.com/chasebrice7/status/1224098790589763584/photo/1

https://247sports.com/college/duke/Article/chase-brice-duke-blue-devils-commitment-clemson-tigers-143219860/

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-02-2020, 05:58 PM
As first reported by jafarr1 in the football off-season thread (here (https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?44476-Duke-Football-Offseason-Discussion&p=1220694#post1220694)), Chase Brice has chosen to transfer to Duke! I feel like this warrants its own top level thread, as it is pretty big news! Huge get and our QB room appears to be in great shape now with Brice, Gunnar, and Luca. Crossing my fingers we can land Stanford OL transfer Devery Hamilton as well!

https://mobile.twitter.com/chasebrice7/status/1224098790589763584/photo/1

https://247sports.com/college/duke/Article/chase-brice-duke-blue-devils-commitment-clemson-tigers-143219860/

Love that Dabo reached out on behalf of Brice. That's a solid move by coach.

Bob Green
02-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Chase Brice has chosen to transfer to Duke! I feel like this warrants its own top level thread, as it is pretty big news! Huge get and our QB room appears to be in great shape now with Brice, Gunnar, and Luca.

Huge news and definitely deserving of its own thread!

OldPhiKap
02-02-2020, 06:10 PM
Great job by the coaches! Welcome!

SavDukeGrad
02-02-2020, 06:15 PM
This is great news!

chrishoke
02-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Welcome to DukeGang Mr. Brice! That really changes the outlook for next year. Now if we can land the Stanford olineman and get greedy and snab a #1 type WR, it would be happy days are here again, the skies are Duke blue and clear again.:D

bedeviled
02-02-2020, 06:45 PM
Two years of eligibility remaining.
Can't wait for the storylines as Duke faces Clemson for titles.

scottdude8
02-02-2020, 06:50 PM
This is great news! Quentin did admirably this year but was obviously limited, and you could argue there were at least a couple games we win with better QB play. No one will pick us, but this should put us in the picture for the Coastal again.

buddy
02-02-2020, 07:09 PM
School has already started, so does he have to wait until summer to enroll? Would have been nice to have him for spring practice.

Acymetric
02-02-2020, 07:18 PM
School has already started, so does he have to wait until summer to enroll? Would have been nice to have him for spring practice.

Yeah, believe he'll join the team over the summer.

wsb3
02-02-2020, 07:18 PM
Welcome to DUKE. This is really good news.

chrishoke
02-02-2020, 07:44 PM

He doesn't graduate until May.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-02-2020, 08:05 PM
Seems a smart kid to graduate that ahead of schedule, seeing he wasn't going to start next season.

SavDukeGrad
02-02-2020, 08:36 PM
Seems a smart kid to graduate that ahead of schedule, seeing he wasn't going to start next season.

Plus, in addition to Trevor Lawrence, Clemson has the number one QB recruit in the nation coming in next year. DJ Uiagalelei from California. Actually, he enrolled early and is already there. Apparently, he played Joe Burrow on the scout team in preparation for the National championship game.

That’s not to take away from Chase Brice, who I am thrilled is coming to Duke!

BD80
02-02-2020, 08:37 PM
This is truly astonishing!

I might have to figure out how to watch the Devils this fall!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-02-2020, 08:40 PM

I'm sure we'll be all over the ACC Network.

: eye roll:

UrinalCake
02-02-2020, 08:44 PM
Awesome news! As a completely ignorant fan, can someone give me a picture of how good he is? Obviously you have to be elite to be recruited to Clemson.

devildeac
02-02-2020, 09:01 PM

ACCN?

<out the back door I go>

dukelifer
02-02-2020, 09:11 PM
Awesome news! As a completely ignorant fan, can someone give me a picture of how good he is? Obviously you have to be elite to be recruited to Clemson.

The second best QB on the second best team in the country behind arguably the 2nd best QB in the country. Has played in 23 games and had 9 touchdowns. He is a pretty good player.

Bluedog
02-02-2020, 09:20 PM

Just looking at recruiting rankings, he was a 3-star recruit rated at #397 in the country and #17 as a dual threat QB. He had offers from Clemson, MSU, Lville, Cal, BC, IL, Va Tech and some others but those seem the most noteworthy.

jimsumner
02-02-2020, 09:36 PM
Brice is the backup QB who led Clemson's late-game comeback against Syracuse 2 years ago when Lawrence was injured.

At some point high-school rankings mean less than actual on-the-field production and that was bigtime production.

moonpie23
02-02-2020, 10:28 PM
dancing a JIG!!! this is HUGE NEWS!!!!

Acymetric
02-02-2020, 10:31 PM
And he's already out recruiting! (An'darius Coffey who will presumably be committing somewhere on Wednesday).

https://twitter.com/chasebrice7/status/1224150174248964098?s=20

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-02-2020, 10:53 PM
And he's already out recruiting! (An'darius Coffey who will presumably be committing somewhere on Wednesday).

https://twitter.com/chasebrice7/status/1224150174248964098?s=20

Derek Jones has been recruiting An’darius who had originally committed to Ole Miss.

Acymetric
02-02-2020, 10:59 PM
Derek Jones has been recruiting An’darius who had originally committed to Ole Miss.

Right, one of our last targets for this class. Just nice to see Brice already hitting him up hours after his announcement trying to get him to Duke!

peloton
02-02-2020, 11:02 PM
This is great news for the program. Welcome to Duke, Chase!

HereBeforeCoachK
02-02-2020, 11:15 PM
Apparently Dabo called Coach Cut on Chase's behalf.....woulda loved to have heard that conversation....

DukieInKansas
02-03-2020, 12:04 AM
My insider report from Clemson is he is a really good guy. Good football day in my world.

sagegrouse
02-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Apparently Dabo called Coach Cut on Chase's behalf....woulda loved to have heard that conversation...

"Hey, Dave. Thinking of you. You should take a close look at my QB Chase Brice - very smart, Duke kind of guy. Will play for two years. Clemson and Duke don't play, but he can help you beat some of the other ACC teams -- good for both of us."

Devilwin
02-03-2020, 08:05 AM
Watched his videos. Great arm, makes great decisions. Good get for Duke, just what we needed.

budwom
02-03-2020, 09:03 AM
yes, as Mtn Devil indicated, it was especially nice of Dabo to recommend Cutcliffe and Duke, my chapeau is tipped in his direction....given the 30 or so suitors Brice had, it's highly dubious he would have chosen Duke without Dabo's strong endorsement.

CrazyNotCrazie
02-03-2020, 09:07 AM
I am thrilled by this. The team will be better and it adds a lot of overall credibility. Will it lead to any of the QBs already on the roster leaving?

budwom
02-03-2020, 09:10 AM
I am thrilled by this. The team will be better and it adds a lot of overall credibility. Will it lead to any of the QBs already on the roster leaving?

SHHHH....some of them haven't even arrived yet. Luca's not here, but even if Brice stays two years, Luca could conceivably have three years at the helm...probably the same for Gunnar, though I guess he needs a hardship ruling, right?

Acymetric
02-03-2020, 09:17 AM
yes, as Mtn Devil indicated, it was especially nice of Dabo to recommend Cutcliffe and Duke, my chapeau is tipped in his direction...given the 30 or so suitors Brice had, it's highly dubious he would have chosen Duke without Dabo's strong endorsement.

Agreed. I've always liked Dabo and generally pull for Clemson since he's been there (not against Duke, obviously although that doesn't happen very often). Definitely another point in his favor for me.

Quite a different time now than just 3-5 years ago when schools did everything they could to prevent intra-conference transfers (even including a requirement to sit out tw years instead of just one in some cases). Granted, we don't play Clemson while Brice will be here, but still. A different time indeed. I joked elsewhere that he's doing it to try and boost his conference SOS ;).

Acymetric
02-03-2020, 09:26 AM
SHHHH...some of them haven't even arrived yet. Luca's not here, but even if Brice stays two years, Luca could conceivably have three years at the helm...probably the same for Gunnar, though I guess he needs a hardship ruling, right?

Luca is already enrolled and attending classes ;)

Brice (2020-2021) -> Gunnar (2022-2023)-> Luca (2024) seems like a really solid QB succession plan, assuming everyone sticks around. Of course, Luca seems to be highly regarded and could beat Gunnar out. There is also the possibility that Holmberg could be eligible for a hardship waiver and get a 6th year, in which case I suppose he and Luca would be battling it out for the starting job all the years (2022-2024), plus any other QB prospects we bring in. Has there been any word from the program about a 6th year for Gunnar, or do they not explore that until later when he's entered his "final" year in 2023?

budwom
02-03-2020, 09:33 AM
Luca is already enrolled and attending classes ;)

Brice (2020-2021) -> Gunnar (2022-2023)-> Luca (2024) seems like a really solid QB succession plan, assuming everyone sticks around. Of course, Luca seems to be highly regarded and could beat Gunnar out. There is also the possibility that Holmberg could be eligible for a hardship waiver and get a 6th year, in which case I suppose he and Luca would be battling it out for the starting job all the years (2022-2024), plus any other QB prospects we bring in. Has there been any word from the program about a 6th year for Gunnar, or do they not explore that until later when he's entered his "final" year in 2023?

d'oh! I guess 2020 snuck up on me...gotta think Gunnar can get another year at some point...given our paucity of competent QBs this year, I'm not going to fret about potentially having three viable ones.

rsvman
02-03-2020, 09:53 AM
I'm sure we'll be all over the ACC Network.

: eye roll:

Contrary to popular belief, it actually IS possible to watch the ACCN. I haven't missed a single game.

Jus' sayin.'

killerleft
02-03-2020, 10:08 AM
Contrary to popular belief, it actually IS possible to watch the ACCN. I haven't missed a single game.

Jus' sayin.'

I've been lucky, too. I imagine Youtube TV was glad to pick up the ACCN, maybe at bargain basement prices. So that option is there for almost all of us. Here's hoping that everybody can get the games soon. I would be really bummed out if I couldn't watch this very interesting and entertaining team play this year.

chrishoke
02-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Time to change the title of this thread. More great news! Calling Acymetric.

Adam Rowe

@AdamRoweTDD

BREAKING: Stanford OT transfer Devery Hamilton (
@D_Hamilton19
) commits to #Duke https://247sports.com/college/duke/Article/Stanford-OT-transfer-Devery-Hamilton-commits-to-Duke-143245328/… via
@TheDevilsDen

TruBlu
02-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Wow! More great news. Now if we can get a good OC to transfer in.

budwom
02-03-2020, 01:30 PM
I'd love to see Duke become a major destination for grad transfers...great way to fill positions of need pronto...baseball already does well in this arena...

devildeac
02-03-2020, 01:32 PM

Adam Rowe

@AdamRoweTDD

@D_Hamilton19
) commits to #Duke https://247sports.com/college/duke/Article/Stanford-OT-transfer-Devery-Hamilton-commits-to-Duke-143245328/… via
@TheDevilsDen

Great report!!

devildeac
02-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Wow! More great news. Now if we can get a good OC to transfer in.

LOL. I don't *think* I saw any OC in the transfer portal. :rolleyes:

OldPhiKap
02-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Things have gotten much sunnier lately.

Time to embrace the transfer portal after all?

chrishoke
02-03-2020, 01:40 PM
All three of our transfers into the program are A+ and all have 2 years of eligibility. Great job by the staff.

tbyers11
02-03-2020, 01:42 PM

Duke Football 2020 or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Transfer Portal

Premiering at a stadium near you on Sept 5th!

budwom
02-03-2020, 01:56 PM
I could really see us becoming a preferred destination for those in the grad transfer portal...great way to add an experienced player instantly.
Hopefully they have some graduate degree programs who are receptive and helpful.

pigskindevil
02-03-2020, 01:57 PM

no transfer but Penn should be committing wednesday

killerleft
02-03-2020, 02:00 PM
Duke Football 2020 or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Transfer Portal

Premiering at a stadium near you on Sept 5th!

With 2,000 or so guys entering the portal, it doesn't seem very realistic that any program can ignore the chance to receive a few players that way. I suppose we'd take a Brittain Brown-Chase Brice trade, considering our need for a proven QB.

budwom
02-03-2020, 02:03 PM
do they have any stadium concessions managers in the portal?

budwom
02-03-2020, 02:06 PM
no transfer but Penn should be committing wednesday

Addison Penn? He already committed as far as I know, didn't he?

devildeac
02-03-2020, 02:10 PM
do they have any stadium concessions managers in the portal?

That'd be this thread:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?42233-NFL-Fantasy-Football-2018-2019&highlight=fantasy+football

;):o

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Addison Penn? He already committed as far as I know, didn't he?

Yes, he committed back in December.

Maybe the poster who mentioned Penn meant that the recruit to watch Wednesday is An’darius Coffey.

budwom
02-03-2020, 02:24 PM

Maybe the poster who mentioned Penn meant that the recruit to watch Wednesday is An’darius Coffey.

indeed, he is available and wanted..out recent run of good fortune may help...

Bob Green
02-03-2020, 02:50 PM

Penn gave a verbal in December, he signs on Wednesday which is National Signing Day Part II.

Acymetric
02-03-2020, 02:58 PM

Adam Rowe

@AdamRoweTDD

@D_Hamilton19
@TheDevilsDen

Woohoo! Great news, if the mods can find a way to work both transfers into the thread title I definitely encourage it!

JasonEvans
02-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Woohoo! Great news, if the mods can find a way to work both transfers into the thread title I definitely encourage it!

Ask a ye shall receive.

chrishoke
02-03-2020, 03:40 PM
IS Hamilton graduating in May and thus not able to participate in spring ball?

Acymetric
02-03-2020, 03:45 PM
IS Hamilton graduating in May and thus not able to participate in spring ball?

The spring semester already started. I would assume both will join the team over the summer.

chrishoke
02-03-2020, 03:57 PM
By the way, something I have not seen it mentioned here, Rivals rated Brice a four star recruit and #184 Nationally. Every mention here refers to him as a three star. I thought it was worth mentioning.

hallcity
02-03-2020, 04:14 PM

I'll be honest. After this past season, it's going to take a lot more than these two transfers for me to start seeing the sun. Dotting the lineup with just a few studs only gets you so far and it's not a given that either of these two transfers will prove to be a stud.

MCFinARL
02-03-2020, 04:28 PM
I could really see us becoming a preferred destination for those in the grad transfer portal...great way to add an experienced player instantly.
Hopefully they have some graduate degree programs who are receptive and helpful.

I believe the MMS program at Fuqua works pretty well for grad-level athletes who are academically sound. It's a one-year business/management fundamentals program that was designed specifically for people right out of college (unlike MBA programs, which generally expect enrollees to have a couple of years of business experience) who want to increase their employability and doesn't require you to start with advanced-level course work in the field.

budwom
02-03-2020, 04:39 PM
I'll be honest. After this past season, it's going to take a lot more than these two transfers for me to start seeing the sun. Dotting the lineup with just a few studs only gets you so far and it's not a given that either of these two transfers will prove to be a stud.

It was a grim year indeed: having said that, a competent QB plus a new offensive line coach plus a new touted tackle prospect plus a different person calling plays gives me hope.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-03-2020, 04:49 PM

That's interesting....I agreed the year was a downer, not just for this past season, but it certainly seemed like the Cut era had lost all momentum....coach getting older, crowds getting smaller, recruiting classes ranking lower....and the cheats with momentum seemingly......so you and I were of like mind.

That said - I give Cut and staff credit....getting Brice is a good momentum play, as the kid is very popular and now he's helping recruit. The OL might've been in response to him signing. This is actually a couple green shoots IMO.

gep
02-03-2020, 05:17 PM
It was a grim year indeed: having said that, a competent QB plus a new offensive line coach plus a new touted tackle prospect plus a different person calling plays gives me hope.

Sorry... but I didn’t hear about this. Did I miss something? :confused:

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-03-2020, 05:33 PM
Let’s not forget J’Marick Woods, grad transfer from Michigan, who has already enrolled. J’Marick, who plays safety, has two years of eligibility remaining.

PDDuke85
02-03-2020, 05:37 PM

Bud, there ya go again, teasingly intriguing.
Drop me a cryptic message as to when we can expect the announcement to drop.
I’m no expert but when I look at the current coaching staff, I can only believe DC will be calling the plays.

chrishoke
02-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Let’s not forget J’Marick Woods, grad transfer from Michigan, who has already enrolled. J’Marick, who plays safety, has two years of eligibility remaining.

And he was also a four star recruit coming from a top 20 program.

dukelifer
02-03-2020, 05:45 PM
By the way, something I have not seen it mentioned here, Rivals rated Brice a four star recruit and #184 Nationally. Every mention here refers to him as a three star. I thought it was worth mentioning.

Whatever his high school ranking- he has a ton of real game experience and has practiced against great players. He is going to be well prepared to play at Duke.

BD80
02-03-2020, 06:00 PM

Do they have to use an old DeLorean?

And he was also a four star recruit coming from a top 20 program.

Michigan? - maybe top 20 before they play their bowl game, and OSU.

chrishoke
02-03-2020, 06:06 PM
Michigan? - maybe top 20 before they play their bowl game, and OSU.

That's why I said "program" and not team.

uh_no
02-03-2020, 06:20 PM

I think bob put his name in.

OldPhiKap
02-03-2020, 06:55 PM
I think bob put his name in.

He and Ozzie are gonna have to fight it out then.

peloton
02-03-2020, 06:58 PM
Wonderful news regarding both Brice and Hamilton. But let me cut to the Chase here...it's going to be Devery man for himself with these two prospects onboard! Kudos to the coaching staff for doing the legwork involved in landing them. My outlook for next season has just improved no doubt, be it justified or not.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Wonderful news regarding both Brice and Hamilton. But let me cut to the Chase here...it's going to be Devery man for himself with these two prospects onboard! Kudos to the coaching staff for doing the legwork involved in landing them. My outlook for next season has just improved no doubt, be it justified or not.

Very nice, and of course, we have the Diamont in the rough and at least one gunnaring for the QB job also....

heyman25
02-03-2020, 10:00 PM
Now we need a replacement for Roper and his under five yard passing plays. Following link is a subscription WSJ. Duke's play calling has been dreadful in the 2019 season.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-patrick-mahomes-generation-of-quarterbacks-11580741198?mod=hp_listc_pos1

budwom
02-04-2020, 09:09 AM
Bud, there ya go again, teasingly intriguing.
Drop me a cryptic message as to when we can expect the announcement to drop.
I’m no expert but when I look at the current coaching staff, I can only believe DC will be calling the plays.

So here's the deal: The Devils Den does a very very good job following Duke Football on their Premium board, which costs something like ten bucks a month...it's very much worth it for those who are, for some odd reason (like me) hooked on Duke football. They have had a bunch of info about the offensive coordinator position, but I respect their content and won't post it here...I know there are others here who also pay for their info...I strongly endorse it.

elvis14
02-04-2020, 09:55 AM
The Clemson fans I've talked with are happy for Chase Brice. Yes, we lose our backup QB but with Trevor starting and the #1 QB prospect coming in next year to replace him, everyone understands Chase transferring out. But it's not just that people are OK with him transferring, the Tiger fans I've talked with about it are happy that he landed at Duke because it's now a solid program and because Coach Cut's success with QB's. Tiger fans want to see Chase Brice flourish, he's earned it.

Chase got a lot of playing time last year. It wasn't unusual for Chase to play the second half of the third quarter and the full fourth quarter last year.

devildeac
02-04-2020, 09:59 AM
The Clemson fans I've talked with are happy for Chase Brice. Yes, we lose our backup QB but with Trevor starting and the #1 QB prospect coming in next year to replace him, everyone understands Chase transferring out. But it's not just that people are OK with him transferring, the Tiger fans I've talked with about it are happy that he landed at Duke because it's now a solid program and because Coach Cut's success with QB's. Tiger fans want to see Chase Brice flourish, he's earned it.

Chase got a lot of playing time last year. It wasn't unusual for Chase to play the second half of the third quarter and the full fourth quarter last year.

Very encouraging to read. Thanks!

ehdg
02-04-2020, 10:30 AM
Hamilton, how much eligibility does he have left, just 1 year or does he have 2 also like Brice?

PDDuke85
02-04-2020, 11:06 AM
So here's the deal: The Devils Den does a very very good job following Duke Football on their Premium board, which costs something like ten bucks a month...it's very much worth it for those who are, for some odd reason (like me) hooked on Duke football. They have had a bunch of info about the offensive coordinator position, but I respect their content and won't post it here...I know there are others here who also pay for their info...I strongly endorse it.

And I very much respect you for keeping it close to the vest. I will in fact, check them out.

JasonEvans
02-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Hamilton, how much eligibility does he have left, just 1 year or does he have 2 also like Brice?

He was injured 4 games into last season and redshirted as a result. I believe he will have to apply for a waiver to get a second year but the NCAA typically grants it in cases like this where the missed year was due to injury.

OldPhiKap
02-04-2020, 11:48 AM
He was injured 4 games into last season and redshirted as a result. I believe he will have to apply for a waiver to get a second year but the NCAA typically grants it in cases like this where the missed year was due to injury.

Dumb question -- if he redshirted, doesn't it mean the year doesn't count against his eligibility anyway? Or was it his second redshirt?

(I think I probably just answered my own question but do not know)

JasonEvans
02-04-2020, 11:55 AM
Dumb question -- if he redshirted, doesn't it mean the year doesn't count against his eligibility anyway? Or was it his second redshirt?

(I think I probably just answered my own question but do not know)

He redshirted as a freshman -- a voluntary redshirt, not injury related -- as many college football players do. Then, last year, he got injured and only played in 4 games, making him eligible for a medical redshirt. However, NCAA rules say you have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. So, I believe he will have to formally apply to the NCAA for a waiver to get a 6th year and have that medical redshirt granted. I may be wrong, but this application usually happens once you have used up the 5 years, so he would not do it until the end of next season. I could be wrong about that. I do know that the NCAA almost always grants the extra year in the case of folks who lost time due to injury. It would be a slam dunk if he had lost 2 years due to medical stuff, but the first season he missed was voluntary while he got stronger and more ready for NCAA competition. Still, I suspect that if he wants it, the NCAA will grant it.

-Jason "if, as some have reported, Hamilton has some pro potential, he may opt to play a year and then go into the draft... that is not outside the realm of possibility" Evans

OldPhiKap
02-04-2020, 12:05 PM
He redshirted as a freshman -- a voluntary redshirt, not injury related -- as many college football players do. Then, last year, he got injured and only played in 4 games, making him eligible for a medical redshirt. However, NCAA rules say you have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. So, I believe he will have to formally apply to the NCAA for a waiver to get a 6th year and have that medical redshirt granted. I may be wrong, but this application usually happens once you have used up the 5 years, so he would not do it until the end of next season. I could be wrong about that. I do know that the NCAA almost always grants the extra year in the case of folks who lost time due to injury. It would be a slam dunk if he had lost 2 years due to medical stuff, but the first season he missed was voluntary while he got stronger and more ready for NCAA competition. Still, I suspect that if he wants it, the NCAA will grant it.

-Jason "if, as some have reported, Hamilton has some pro potential, he may opt to play a year and then go into the draft... that is not outside the realm of possibility" Evans

Can’t spork, so thanks.

jv001
02-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Can’t spork, so thanks.

Took care of that sporkz for you.

GoDuke!

chrishoke
02-04-2020, 05:14 PM

Two years

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2020, 05:18 PM
In the announcement posted on GoDuke.com, Devery has one year of eligibility remaining. That will be the 2020 season.

Acymetric
02-04-2020, 05:25 PM
In the announcement posted on GoDuke.com, Devery has one year of eligibility remaining. That will be the 2020 season.

There are conflicting reports on that, other places indicate they will try to get a 6th year.

CameronBornAndBred
02-04-2020, 06:13 PM

Don't take this as me harping on you, but until anything is out in the news, it is by definition "rumor mongering". Which of course is frowned upon. Devil's Den may be a great source of legit info, but for those like me that aren't paying for it (and won't be for one reason or another), it only has a Manalishi feel. (Meaning that something is built up with great expectations followed by squat.)

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2020, 07:00 PM
There are conflicting reports on that, other places indicate they will try to get a 6th year.

If that works out for Devery, it will be a wonderful bonus!

pigskindevil
02-04-2020, 08:00 PM
Devery can still apply for his medical hardship year (because of last year) if he wants to. lets hope he enjoys this year at Duke and wants to go thru a 6th year.

pigskindevil
02-05-2020, 09:03 AM
addison penn signs this morning so he is now officially a member of our 2020 class
looks like we will lose coffey to memphis. crystal balls flipped last night.

budwom
02-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Don't take this as me harping on you, but until anything is out in the news, it is by definition "rumor mongering". Which of course is frowned upon. Devil's Den may be a great source of legit info, but for those like me that aren't paying for it (and won't be for one reason or another), it only has a Manalishi feel. (Meaning that something is built up with great expectations followed by squat.)

no offense, but that's a weak definition of rumor mongering. Feel free to ignore my posts, you won't be the only one.

Acymetric
02-05-2020, 09:15 AM

no offense, but that's a weak definition of rumor mongering. Feel free to ignore my posts, you won't be the only one.

Yeah, I love me some CB&B but I have to disagree here. Unless sharing information from a paywalled article on the NYT or The Atlantic is also​ rumor mongering.

BD80
02-05-2020, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I love me some CB&B but I have to disagree here. Unless sharing information from a paywalled article on the NYT or The Atlantic is also​ rumor mongering.

Well, their standards of verification aren't what they used to be ...