PDA

View Full Version : Juno

Clipsfan
11-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I recently saw Juno (Jason Reitman's follow-up to Thank You for Smoking) and it is one of the best movies I've seen this year. The writing was stellar, and although not as raunchy as Knocked Up the overall feeling was similar. There was a lot of humor and the eventual movement towards knowing both yourself and the other person who is in the pregnancy with you. The movie is probably going to get some Oscar buzz due to the acting as well. Overall, highly enjoyable as long as you don't mind the subject matter (a 16 year old gets pregnant by mistake).

DevilAlumna
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I recently saw Juno (Jason Reitman's follow-up to Thank You for Smoking) and it is one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Slightly off-topic, but when I left the house this morning, my hubby was watching "Thank You for Smoking." Goodness, I forgot how many great lines that movie has.

Kid #3: My Mommy says smoking kills.
Nick Naylor: Oh, is your Mommy a doctor?
Kid #3: No.
Nick Naylor: A scientific researcher of some kind?
Kid #3: No.
Nick Naylor: Well then she's hardly a credible expert, is she?

I nearly snarfed my coffee.

If Reitman's the screenwriter on this new flick as well, I'll have to go see it!

Clipsfan
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
If Reitman's the screenwriter on this new flick as well, I'll have to go see it!

The writer is Diablo Cody, who is apparently a first-time screen writer. I still thought there were some really good lines, although they may be a little more mature than a 16 year old would typically give.

YmoBeThere
11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
My parents use Juno, but it is kinda slow being dial-up and all...