PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits

Jaks19
01-22-2020, 04:42 PM
As a former College Placement Director for athletes, I made connections across the country and in the pro ranks. One of the guys I used to work closely with was part of USA Basketball and he often spoke to NBA scouts and such.
I spoke to him today and it was interesting to hear him talk about the NBA Draft and the Duke guys this year and the 2020 incoming class.
The 2020 eligible guys:
- He said the players with the most NBA potential are Stanley and Hurt, but the guy most NBA ready is Carey. He said Javin has the athleticism and motor to eventually make an NBA roster. He did not speak as positively about Tre and no mention or Moore at all.
The 2021 eligible guys. He thought:
- Steward has the most NBA upside.
- Johnson will be a steady NBA player but did not think he would be as good as Tatum
- Brakefield had very much NBA talent and skills and it will depend on how he develops and shows at Duke in year 1.
- Ditto for Roach (see Brakefield)
- Williams had a ways to go and grow to be OAD but could be on an NBA roster in a few years.
- Coleman was a guy he had his eye really one for his build, and NBA potential is there but it will be a matter of time on how quickly it all comes together for him.
- Moore needs to be more consistent offensively in general but has good intangibles.

jimsumner
01-22-2020, 04:51 PM
As a former College Placement Director for athletes, I made connections across the country and in the pro ranks. One of the guys I used to work closely with was part of USA Basketball and he often spoke to NBA scouts and such.
I spoke to him today and it was interesting to hear him talk about the NBA Draft and the Duke guys this year and the 2020 incoming class.
The 2020 eligible guys:
- He said the players with the most NBA potential are Stanley and Hurt, but the guy most NBA ready is Carey. He said Javin has the athleticism and motor to eventually make an NBA roster. He did not speak as positively about Tre and no mention or Moore at all.
The 2021 eligible guys. He thought:
- Steward has the most NBA upside.
- Johnson will be a steady NBA player but did not think he would be as good as Tatum
- Brakefield had very much NBA talent and skills and it will depend on how he develops and shows at Duke in year 1.
- Ditto for Roach (see Brakefield)
- Williams had a ways to go and grow to be OAD but could be on an NBA roster in a few years.
- Coleman was a guy he had his eye really one for his build, and NBA potential is there but it will be a matter of time on how quickly it all comes together for him.
- Moore needs to be more consistent offensively in general but has good intangibles.

I'm confused about Moore. No mention or needs to be consistent but has good intangibles?

uh_no
01-22-2020, 04:52 PM
No mention or needs to be consistent but has good intangibles?

Moore or less.

Jaks19
01-23-2020, 08:29 AM
All he said about Moore was that he felt and the word is that he has tangibles that "could" get him to the League, but he needed to show more "consistency" in his overall game for NBA teams to draft him in 2021.