PDA

View Full Version : Pitt

tecumseh
01-19-2020, 08:22 AM
Pitt beat Carolina last night I know Çarolina is bad but still they swept them, they should have beat Louisville but a bad call really hurt and poor play down the stretch. I live in Pittsburgh now and cannot emphasize how bad this program was before they got Capel Walkons were getting significant minutes 0`16 in ACC etc. Capel is my bet to succeed Coach K and Duke will be in very good hands. It has been amazing how he has breathed life into a corpse.

BD80
01-19-2020, 08:40 AM
Pitt beat Carolina last night I know Çarolina is bad but still they swept them, they should have beat Louisville but a bad call really hurt and poor play down the stretch. I live in Pittsburgh now and cannot emphasize how bad this program was before they got Capel Walkons were getting significant minutes 0`16 in ACC etc. Capel is my bet to succeed Coach K and Duke will be in very good hands. It has been amazing how he has breathed life into a corpse.

A corpse?1?

Do people sing Sweet Caroline to a corpse?

Granted, the program wasn't too lively, and a candidate for being thrown on the cart in Monty Python's Holy Grail, but it wasn't dead yet.

JasonEvans
01-19-2020, 01:20 PM
The Panthers are up to #68 in Kenpom and #73 in the NET. Still a ways to go but they've got a pair of very winnable games in BC and Syracuse this week before coming to Cameron on the 28th. The Panthers are 3-4 in the ACC and will probably need to win at least 8 but probably 9 of their remaining 13 games before the ACC tourney to get into the NCAA conversation. It is a hill to climb, but it is doable, I think.

-Jason "I think 12-8 in the ACC, no matter what your non-conference slate was like, probably gets you in the NCAA conversation" Evans

devildeac
01-19-2020, 01:41 PM
A corpse?1?

Granted, the program wasn't too lively, and a candidate for being thrown on the cart in Monty Python's Holy Grail, but it wasn't dead yet.

Did you mean a chorus?

(anticipated reply: of corpse not)

(door closes quickly behind me and dead bolt clicks)

fuse
01-19-2020, 01:52 PM
My philosophy for Pitt remains simple.
I wish Capel and Pitt all success as long as its not against Duke.

Green Wave Dukie
01-19-2020, 02:40 PM
Did you mean a chorus?

That was dead on, DD.

BD80
01-19-2020, 06:03 PM
Did you mean a chorus?

It is only a Corpus to Christi, whose daughter once dated Luke Kennard. (In case anyone lost track of the connection to Duke - relevance is very important!)

HereBeforeCoachK
01-19-2020, 06:16 PM
A corpse?1?

Well Sweet Caroline was started purely as a football thing....to bring life to the dead atmosphere of Pitt FB games in fact. Naturally it gravitated inside to the gym....

duke2x
01-19-2020, 08:16 PM
Well Sweet Caroline was started purely as a football thing...to bring life to the dead atmosphere of Pitt FB games in fact. Naturally it gravitated inside to the gym...

So it wasn't effective at all. They don't have a problem with the atmosphere in Petersen, but I just can't figure out where they stole all of their cheers. Bad imitation is not a form of flattery.

I'm not sure Capel will be offered the job after K. I really don't think that has been decided yet, and I don't think K knows when he will retire. Ring #6 is a strong candidate.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-19-2020, 08:37 PM
So it wasn't effective at all. They don't have a problem with the atmosphere in Petersen, but I just can't figure out where they stole all of their cheers. Bad imitation is not a form of flattery.

I guess you missed the video about Pitt's Sweet Caroline moments at FB games.

duke2x
01-19-2020, 08:40 PM
I guess you missed the video about Pitt's Sweet Caroline moments at FB games.

I judge it by Duke football games I attend. It reminds me of Wally Wade during the Franks-Roof era or the recent Cutcliffe era when the weather demotivates our team.

DUKIE V(A)
01-19-2020, 09:08 PM

I'm not sure Capel will be offered the job after K. I really don't think that has been decided yet, and I don't think K knows when he will retire. Ring #6 is a strong candidate.

My guess is that Coach K would love to coach his grandson for his 4 seasons after this redshirt season. So ... I’m guessing he hangs it up after Ring Number 10. 🤗