PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast #177 - Chatting with Greg Paulus

JasonEvans
12-17-2019, 05:15 AM
https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-177-greg-paulus-interview

We teased it last week, and now it's here! On this episode, Jason Evans gets to interview former Duke PG Greg Paulus! We have reactions to that interview, preview Wofford, discuss the NET rankings, and we then have some terrific Parting Shots.

Timestamps:
0:15 - Greetings! Donald is in DC, Jason in Atlanta, Sam is in Park City
2:55 - We teased the interview, and now it’s here! Greg Paulus!
4:06 - Greg Paulus interview
27:56 - Greg Paulus interview reactions
36:40 - We preview the game against the Wofford Terriers, with a side convo about UNC’s struggles
48:38 - The new NET rankings are out. Duke is 13th
57:02 - Thank you Byrd Campbell!
57:42 - Parting Shots: Jason with an interesting nugget about Cassius Stanley and his draft analysis
1:04:11 - Parting Shots: Sam discusses the highest paid coaches on the Forbes list
1:09:37 - Parting Shots: Donald gives a shoutout to the Newtown, CT high school football team on winning the state championship
1:11:48 - Goodbye and Duke Band!

UrinalCake
12-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Awesome episode and I totally agree that Paulus is somewhat unfairly maligned among Duke fans. He and McRoberts came in as a highly ranked duo similar to Okafor/Tyus or Greg Oden/Mike Conley and expectations were sky high. They never achieved that level of success and I think a lot of Duke fans see Paulus as a bust or whatever, but he always competed and played hard and did a lot that we sometimes overlook.

I appreciate Jason describing UNC’s struggles in such detail, I know that must have been really difficult for him to do.

NSDukeFan
12-17-2019, 11:21 AM
I was always a big Paulus fan and agree with UC that he has been unfairly maligned. I will have to give this a listen.

grad_devil
12-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Loved the interview.

Funny enough, Greg has a 15-month old named Preston, while I have a 16-month old named Preston!

His started walking a few weeks ago; mine started walking 5 months ago! I'm sure these are predictors of future athleticism.