PDA

View Full Version : Wofford!

OZZIE4DUKE
12-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Down goes carolina! We have them on Thursday. We better not overlook them on Thursday! LGD GTHc!

richardjackson199
12-15-2019, 06:03 PM
heels looked good

throatybeard
12-15-2019, 06:05 PM
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂💯🙄💯😂💯😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂💯😂😂💯😂💯 😂💯😂🤣😂

CDu
12-15-2019, 06:06 PM
To be fair, the Heels were playing without their only good player. And Leaky Black too.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-15-2019, 06:11 PM
�������������������������������������������������� �������������������������������������������� ��
Has the 4 emoji rule gone away? Obviously it has! Who knew! LGD GTHc!

throatybeard
12-15-2019, 06:11 PM
I only used three.

duke4ever19
12-15-2019, 06:12 PM
To be fair, the Heels were playing without their only good player. And Leaky Black too.

I've never had it, but I hear it's horrible.

devildeac
12-15-2019, 06:13 PM
Has the 4 emoji rule gone away? Obviously it has! Who knew! LGD GTHc!

Doesn't apply when you're posting from a phone...

throatybeard
12-15-2019, 06:13 PM
Upon looking up ball scores on my phone, I said to my wife, "like wut, this just happened, either one or two years ago. OK now I have to go ask the internet."

Two apparently.

JasonEvans
12-15-2019, 06:17 PM
I don't think this is a bad loss at all. I mean, Wofford shot 37% from the field and 66% from the free thrown line. You can't beat a team when they are raining down shots like that ;)

Carolina outrebounded Wofford by 17 (51-34) and still lost... oh and the game wasn't even that close. Wofford led by 13 with 10 minutes left and the final margin was the closest Carolina got in the final 10 minutes. Put another way, Carolina never had the ball with a chance to even tie the game in the final 10 minutes of action.

Wofford came into this game right around the 200th best team in the country.

-Jason "up next, Gonzaga... " Evans

Faustus
12-15-2019, 06:18 PM
(Seinfeld voice) "That's a shame"

JasonEvans
12-15-2019, 06:26 PM
This is my new favorite thing...

heels looked good

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VapidGrandButterfly-size_restricted.gif

TKG
12-15-2019, 06:29 PM

devildeac
12-15-2019, 06:34 PM

My new favorite breed of dogs though I might like bulldogs a lot, too, a bit later this week...

TKG
12-15-2019, 06:35 PM
Even better , the game was played in Carmichael. Bwaaaaahhhhhhhaaaa!

curtis325
12-15-2019, 06:41 PM
I don't think this is a bad loss at all. I mean, Wofford shot 37% from the field and 66% from the free thrown line. You can't beat a team when they are raining down shots like that ;)

Carolina outrebounded Wofford by 17 (51-34) and still lost... oh and the game wasn't even that close. Wofford led by 13 with 10 minutes left and the final margin was the closest Carolina got in the final 10 minutes. Put another way, Carolina never had the ball with a chance to even tie the game in the final 10 minutes of action.

Wofford came into this game right around the 200th best team in the country.

-Jason "up next, Gonzaga... " Evans

Steve Austin is 177.

dbcooper
12-15-2019, 06:42 PM
For the first time EVAH... Roy used all his daggone time outs and still got taken behind the woodshed by a school with a student body of ~1600:D:eek::confused:

Beautiful Baby!!

arnie
12-15-2019, 07:05 PM
Even better , the game was played in Carmichael. Bwaaaaahhhhhhhaaaa!

Hope they host NIT game in Carmichael.

OldPhiKap
12-15-2019, 07:19 PM
I've never had it, but I hear it's horrible.

I got a case of it in Juarez. {shudder}

DUKIE V(A)
12-15-2019, 07:46 PM
Maybe Ol’ Roy won’t pass El Deano after all.

throatybeard
12-15-2019, 08:14 PM
Maybe Ol’ Roy won’t pass El Deano after all.

In losses to Wofford, or

SouthernDukie
12-15-2019, 08:43 PM

”Fair” and “Heels“ don’t belong in the same sentence.

My response to the loss mirrors throaty’s.

Music man55
12-15-2019, 08:48 PM
WOW! Had no idea Cole Anthony was even out with a knee injury. Not having Black didn't help the holes either. If Anthony stays missing in action for any lengthy period,this season is going to get real shakey ,real quick for the cheats! Not that I would lose any sleep!

wsb3
12-15-2019, 08:56 PM
For the first time EVAH... Roy used all his daggone time outs and still got taken behind the woodshed by a school with a student body of ~1600:D:eek::confused:

Beautiful Baby!!

I did not watch all of it but around the 1:10 mark.. Roy addresses his timeout usage & he was not in a dadgum good mood about said subject and he used language worse than dadgum. I won't repeat it because I don't want to see that wanker word pop up.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article238405603.html

OldPhiKap
12-15-2019, 09:03 PM
I did not watch all of it but around the 1:10 mark.. Roy addresses his timeout usage & he was not in a dadgum good mood about said subject and he used language worse than dadgum. I won't repeat it because I don't want to see that wanker word pop up.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article238405603.html

https://youtu.be/G65_WQF7Qzk

dukelifer
12-15-2019, 09:06 PM
Poor UNC - I am sure their fans will see the big picture and recognize that several early season losses will only make them stronger. They usually are very level headed about such things.

scottdude8
12-15-2019, 09:12 PM
I would’ve paid money to be at that presser. Roy just seems like he’s given up on his team. Can you imagine the news cycle if K was acting like this following SFA, or ANY loss?

Duke76
12-15-2019, 09:22 PM
I would’ve paid money to be at that presser. Roy just seems like he’s given up on his team. Can you imagine the news cycle if K was acting like this following SFA, or ANY loss?

wish I had a dime for every time he said "just make a dad gum shot"

mgtr
12-15-2019, 09:29 PM
wish I had a dime for every time he said "just make a dad gum shot"

I believe that he wasn't really thinking "dad gum!" What think you?

-jk
12-15-2019, 09:33 PM
I believe that he wasn't really thinking "dad gum!" What think you?

Solid self discipline, though!

-jk

moonpie23
12-15-2019, 09:43 PM
bilas will have them as a 2 seed in the south....

wsb3
12-15-2019, 09:45 PM
As a hater of all things Cheats, I am encouraged after watching the second half replay. I didn't think Wofford played particularly well and they still beat them.

arnie
12-15-2019, 10:09 PM
bilas will have them as a 2 seed in the south...

At 17-15 you’re probably right - Tough schedule and all.

bluedev_92
12-15-2019, 10:11 PM

Exactly!

DUKIE V(A)
12-15-2019, 11:47 PM
In losses to Wofford, or

Never too soon!! 😂

PackMan97
12-16-2019, 01:03 AM

Are we talking about the NIT?

gofurman
12-16-2019, 01:57 AM
Exactly!

being a Furman fan (see my name) the SoCon has been pretty good the last few years.. Furman beats Villanova on Road as well as Loyola Chicago (Sister Jean) last yr... - so we beat two of the prior Final four ! Wofford is now 2 and 1 vs UNC the last 3 years. Go SoCon.. at least when we play UNC ..

Duke better not toy around with these guys - you do know Wofford made it past the first round of the tourny last year and UK was LUCKY to beat them. As in it was a 50/50 type game. Woff's best shooter went 0-12 on three and UK won by about 7...

jv001
12-16-2019, 06:24 AM
Ken-Pom has the cheats at #36
T-Rank has the cheats at #58

I like how T-Rank has them that low but don't like them having Duke at #4. K-Pom has Duke #2 behind Ohio State.

GoDuke!

arnie
12-16-2019, 06:52 AM
being a Furman fan (see my name) the SoCon has been pretty good the last few years.. Furman beats Villanova on Road as well as Loyola Chicago (Sister Jean) last yr... - so we beat two of the prior Final four ! Wofford is now 2 and 1 vs UNC the last 3 years. Go SoCon.. at least when we play UNC ..

Duke better not toy around with these guys - you do know Wofford made it past the first round of the tourny last year and UK was LUCKY to beat them. As in it was a 50/50 type game. Woff's best shooter went 0-12 on three and UK won by about 7...

Yep, better be well prepared to play mid-major programs with good coaches and 4-yr players.

camion
12-16-2019, 07:35 AM

So if Clemson ever wants to beat UNC in basketball they should consider joining the SoCon. ;)

weezie
12-16-2019, 07:36 AM
https://youtu.be/G65_WQF7Qzk

Roy needs to avoid the slanted stripes tie and the checkerboard sports coat with the blue thread lapel button hole going forward. It's all falling apart over there.

Oh my...the zags are up next. :cool:

AGDukesky
12-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Let me guess, ESPN’s coverage of the UNC loss has none of the attention the Duke loss received...

howardlander
12-16-2019, 09:21 AM
Let me guess, ESPN’s coverage of the UNC loss has none of the attention the Duke loss received...

Well, to be fair, it's the second time Wofford beat Carolina in Chapel Hill, plus the fact that Carolina had already lost 3 out of 4, so it's not really much of a story. And that is the story :)

Bluedog
12-16-2019, 09:23 AM

I agree but also Duke did lose on a buzzer beater in OT which is admittedly more "clip friendly". But I certainly relish in the Cheats loss so would think a clip of the end is definitely highlight worthy! We had a tough back and forth afair with SFA, while the Cheats just got beat bad (although they clawed back a bit at the end).

dukebluesincebirth
12-16-2019, 11:31 AM
What a fantastic way to start the holidays!! I had no clue they were even playing yesterday, and hadn't even heard about the loss until this morning! Also had no clue Cole Anthony has a knee injury??? When did this happen, practice? PRACTICE (allen iverson voice)?? I wonder if this is real or cole is tired of playing for a team with no help and knows it's going to continue to be miserable? Might as well sit out and get ready for NBA. Anyone know what the injury is or how long he's supposed to be out? Because this was a shaky team with Anthony, without him I don't see them making the tourney. Happy Holidays!!!

uh_no
12-16-2019, 11:45 AM
I agree but also Duke did lose on a buzzer beater in OT which is admittedly more "clip friendly". But I certainly relish in the Cheats loss so would think a clip of the end is definitely highlight worthy! We had a tough back and forth afair with SFA, while the Cheats just got beat bad (although they clawed back a bit at the end).

and we were ranked #1 at the time....unc is not.

Reddevil
12-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Hmmmm, last year the IC board was full of commentators saying Zion should just pack it in and sit out the rest of the season to get healthy for the draft. Same applies for Anthony right?
And yes, I do peak over there from time to time - especially during their meltdowns for my own amusement or after a Duke loss to remind myself how classy those mouth breathers are.
They really enjoyed the SFA game. How's it feel now? Come on Clemson. You can completely crush their spirits.

AGDukesky
12-16-2019, 12:08 PM
and we were ranked #1 at the time...unc is not.

Agreed- I didn’t mean to imply the coverage should be equal. However, I can’t even find a headline saying the game occurred. But ESPN does tell you that Anthony is out indefinitely...

arnie
12-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Agreed- I didn’t mean to imply the coverage should be equal. However, I can’t even find a headline saying the game occurred. But ESPN does tell you that Anthony is out indefinitely...

This is the same ESPN that didn’t think the UNCheat 20-year cheating scandal was newsworthy. Of course Skipper is no longer around, but it takes awhile for the underlings to forget the previous directives.

AZLA
12-16-2019, 12:21 PM
and we were ranked #1 at the time...unc is not.

Yes, ranked #1, and it snapped something like a 150 game non-conference winning streak (19+ years). The cool byproduct of the loss brought attention to SFA Nate Bain's fundraising page which is now up to 150,000! I mean, if you're gonna go out in a shocking loss like that at home, kinda' cool it did have such an impact that a positive story (https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/stephen-f-austin-nate-bain-donations) like this would come of it.

OldPhiKap
12-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Hmmmm, last year the IC board was full of commentators saying Zion should just pack it in and sit out the rest of the season to get healthy for the draft. Same applies for Anthony right?
And yes, I do peak over there from time to time - especially during their meltdowns for my own amusement or after a Duke loss to remind myself how classy those mouth breathers are.
They really enjoyed the SFA game. How's it feel now? Come on Clemson. You can completely crush their spirits.

I highly recommend CarolinaMeltdown as a follow on Twitter. He quotes choice posts, and comments.

wilson
12-16-2019, 12:52 PM
"Others Receiving Votes" (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings)

devildeac
12-16-2019, 01:09 PM
"Others Receiving Votes" (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings)

"...north c*rolina is out for the first time in nearly six years..."

uh_no
12-16-2019, 02:01 PM
"...north c*rolina is out for the first time in nearly six years..."

now ain't that just a dad-gum tragedy!

Skydog
12-16-2019, 02:17 PM
Kenpom has the cheats ranked #35. That's no so bad - after all it's only barely behind NCST (#34). :D

Dr. Rosenrosen
12-16-2019, 02:22 PM
Somehow #23 in the coaches poll. But that’s just temporary what with the fact that they still have to keep playing games.

plimnko
12-16-2019, 02:28 PM
Somehow #23 in the coaches poll. But that’s just temporary what with the fact that they still have to keep playing games.

i might be wrong, but i bet A LOT cheat fans will be watching survivor wednesday evening. the gonzaga game will be like their 18 years of academic fraud......does not exist in their minds

dukebluesincebirth
12-16-2019, 02:41 PM
I still haven't heard and can't find hardly anything online... what's the deal with Cole anthony? An undisclosed random knee injury in practice?? Something seems fishy here. The team is failing and cole isn't looking happy.... and now a knee injury that didn't happen in a game?? Did it happen while playing basketball? While skipping class?? Or is team Cole (and Daddy Anthony) shutting it down for college and prepping for NBA?? After hearing a few jokes about zion's shoe breaking, I'm kinda excited for this one.. did cole's knee collapse from carrying the weight of the entire team on his back?? Who knows? We need answers!!

DukeDTD
12-16-2019, 03:01 PM

6-3, Ranked 18th, lost previous game between the two teams... also at home. Top player out.

VS

Unbeaten. #1. Buzzer-beater. 150 straight home nonconference wins - 18 years without a nonconference loss at home. The face of college BB.

SFA was historic. Wofford over UNC just an upset. Those are not in the same hemisphere and should not be treated like they are. I would be disappointed in the sports media if they did treat them the same.

Devil549
12-16-2019, 03:20 PM
I have heard from UNC fan Cole Anthony out for year torn MCL.....surgery soon. Yet I also have not seen anything on social media.

jimsumner
12-16-2019, 03:22 PM
I still haven't heard and can't find hardly anything online... what's the deal with Cole anthony? An undisclosed random knee injury in practice?? Something seems fishy here. The team is failing and cole isn't looking happy... and now a knee injury that didn't happen in a game?? Did it happen while playing basketball? While skipping class?? Or is team Cole (and Daddy Anthony) shutting it down for college and prepping for NBA?? After hearing a few jokes about zion's shoe breaking, I'm kinda excited for this one.. did cole's knee collapse from carrying the weight of the entire team on his back?? Who knows? We need answers!!

A bit paranoid methinks.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Edouble
12-16-2019, 03:30 PM
For those who were wondering (like me) why they were playing in Carmichael:

The UNC-Wofford game is being played in Carmichael because of a scheduling conflict at the Smith Center. The teams agreed several years ago to play this weekend in the third of a three-game series. However, UNC's December Commencement is celebrated annually in the Smith Center and fell on the same date as the game. Wofford played North Greenville on Friday, Dec. 13 so moving the game to the 14th was not an option. Carolina is flying to Spokane, Wash., on Monday for a game at Gonzaga on the 18th, so pushing the game back a day or later also would not work. So the teams agreed to move the game to Carmichael, which is home to UNC's women's basketball, gymnastics, volleyball and wrestling teams.

elvis14
12-16-2019, 03:32 PM
On Facebook last night I posted a picture of my wife and our dog (he's part Terrier). This is the caption with the picture:

This is our dog Duke. He's part Terrier. Today we are all big fans of Terriers. Woof, Woof, Woff! 9F

The picture was cute and it has gotten lots of 'likes'. Facebook friends of ours that are UNCheat fans have even liked the picture. Kinda fun to be trollin' UNCheat fans and have them 'like' the troll without even realizing. I crack myself up sometimes. Love that they are losing and hope they get their cheatin' little <redacted> kicked by the Zags Wednesday. 9F

dukelifer
12-16-2019, 03:34 PM
I have heard from UNC fan Cole Anthony out for year torn MCL....surgery soon. Yet I also have not seen anything on social media.

Haven't seen anything so hard to know for sure. Hope he is not out for the year. Rather beat UNC at full strength.

AGDukesky
12-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Haven't seen anything so hard to know for sure. Hope he is not out for the year. Rather beat UNC at full strength.

In theory I agree but those baby blues have gotten a few too many wins against us recently when we were missing our top player(s)

CameronBlue
12-16-2019, 04:04 PM
In theory I agree but those baby blues have gotten a few too many wins against us recently when we were missing our top player(s)

Babies everywhere just threw up at the notion being associated with the UNC-Cheats. Partly because that's kindof what babies do.

TKG
12-16-2019, 04:11 PM

The cheats never had to face Kyrie and faced Zion in only one of the three games played last year. Of note, the one game in which Zion played, we won. I have no sympathy for those people. :)

MartyClark
12-16-2019, 04:22 PM
I'm conflicted and I know it does not show that I am a good person.

I'd like to see Cole have a full recovery, just not too quickly. A few more Carolina losses are fine with me.

elvis14
12-16-2019, 04:38 PM
Did Wofford make t-shirts with Cole's picture on it holding his injured knee like UNCheaters did last year with Zion?

Hingeknocker
12-16-2019, 04:39 PM
I do not want anything bad to happen to Cole Anthony.

I want essentially every possible bad thing to happen to the UNC athletic teams.

Where these desires come into conflict, I presently do not have a solution.

OldPhiKap
12-16-2019, 04:47 PM
I hope Cole has a full recovery.

I hope UNC loses every game, in every sport, in every way. Every damn day.

I see no conflict between those two points.

wsb3
12-16-2019, 04:59 PM
now ain't that just a dad-gum tragedy!

Now uh_no... can't you show some dad-gum sympathy to good ole Roy in the spirit of the Christmas season?:D:D:D:D: Sorry, I couldn't type that without laughing.

Skydog
12-16-2019, 05:17 PM
I hope Cole injury isn't that bad. I hate the cheats but that doesn't extend to wishing serious injury to a 19yo.

Also the cheats aren't going to be very good even if Cole and Leaky come back. If you go by HS rankings this is the least talented team in decades. Maybe many decades. I don't know how they screwed up their planning so badly but even with Cole they have just two top 50 players. And only five players ranked in the top 100. Since sports-reference.com started keeping track in '99 UNC has never had fewer than three top 50 players; most seasons they have five to nine.

HS ranking isn't everything, but it's not nothing either.

TKG
12-16-2019, 05:22 PM
Now uh_no... can't you show some dad-gum sympathy to good ole Roy

Sympathy for the devil from a Devil, so to speak. Apologies to Mick and Keith.

uh_no
12-16-2019, 05:44 PM
Now uh_no... can't you show some dad-gum sympathy to good ole Roy in the spirit of the Christmas season?:D:D:D:D: Sorry, I couldn't type that without laughing.

roy isn't in the dadgum christmas spirit.

UrinalCake
12-16-2019, 05:48 PM

I like to browse their site too, mostly to view the meltdowns. To be fair, a couple posters have suggested that if Anthony does get healthy he should consider shutting it down to protect his draft stock. Of course, these posters are immediately flames for being trolls or closet Duke/State fans!

As to the injury itself, Roy claims he found out about it Saturday morning. The team had a few days off for exams so it didn’t happen during a practice. Really bizarre. Obviously it wasn’t caused by carrying around heavy textbooks; maybe he tripped and fell on the way home from his advisor’s house where he went to pick up his completed term papers (i.e. plagiarized two-sentence essays)?

jimsumner
12-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Would it be churlish of me to point out that Mike Krzyzewski found out that Cam Reddish wasn't going to be able to play in the first Syracuse game last season after pre-game warmups?

Stuff happens. Even to teenagers. Perhaps, especially to teenagers.

tteettimes
12-16-2019, 05:55 PM
Cole walked very sprightly with no sign of limp just before tip-off walking into Carmiacal..
Makes me think he’s only out for short time

UrinalCake
12-16-2019, 06:00 PM
Would it be churlish of me to point out that Mike Krzyzewski found out that Cam Reddish wasn't going to be able to play in the first Syracuse game last season after pre-game warmups?

I had totally forgotten about that. Another unexplained mystery was why Reddish didn’t play in the S16 game against VT, then was totally fine two days later. So not churlish to point that out, though it won’t stop me from taking every opportunity I can to throw shade on UNC 8-)

dball
12-16-2019, 06:01 PM
And yes, I do peak over there from time to time - especially during their meltdowns for my own amusement or after a Duke loss to remind myself how classy those mouth breathers are

There are no peaks on IC, only valleys.

UrinalCake
12-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Cole walked very sprightly with no sign of limp just before tip-off walking into Carmiacal..

Either that or he’s not hurt at all and his “camp” has ordered him to shut it down. Yet another rumor circulating around IC (with no hard evidence to support it).

Indoor66
12-16-2019, 07:36 PM
I like to browse their site too, mostly to view the meltdowns. To be fair, a couple posters have suggested that if Anthony does get healthy he should consider shutting it down to protect his draft stock. Of course, these posters are immediately flames for being trolls or closet Duke/State fans!

As to the injury itself, Roy claims he found out about it Saturday morning. The team had a few days off for exams so it didn’t happen during a practice. Really bizarre. Obviously it wasn’t caused by carrying around heavy textbooks; maybe he tripped and fell on the way home from his advisor’s house where he went to pick up his completed term papers (i.e. plagiarized two-sentence essays)?

Maybe he tripped getting out of Fats' car.

Skydog
12-16-2019, 07:52 PM
Just how bad is UNC's shooting this year? Well their 3pt%, 2pt% and ft% rank 304th, 298th and 317th. Out of 353 teams. That's not poor - that is just plain awful.

quahog174
12-16-2019, 08:04 PM
For those who were wondering (like me) why they were playing in Carmichael:

The UNC-Wofford game is being played in Carmichael because of a scheduling conflict at the Smith Center. The teams agreed several years ago to play this weekend in the third of a three-game series. However, UNC's December Commencement is celebrated annually in the Smith Center and fell on the same date as the game. Wofford played North Greenville on Friday, Dec. 13 so moving the game to the 14th was not an option. Carolina is flying to Spokane, Wash., on Monday for a game at Gonzaga on the 18th, so pushing the game back a day or later also would not work. So the teams agreed to move the game to Carmichael, which is home to UNC's women's basketball, gymnastics, volleyball and wrestling teams.
I heard that the Wofford AD insisted the game was going to be COMICAL, so Roy obliged.

lotusland
12-16-2019, 09:19 PM
IC is fun place today. I recommend it.

weezie
12-16-2019, 09:29 PM
IC is fun place today. I recommend it.

"It's Over" over there, seems to be the refrain.

brevity
12-16-2019, 09:58 PM
Wofford's history vs. UNC (courtesy of Sports Reference (http://cbbref.com/tiny/YdKC6))

2-1 in Chapel Hill (loss in 2015, wins in 2017 and 2019)
0-1 in Spartanburg (loss in 2018)

Good enough for me...

(I found this on Google Images, posted in a few message boards and in this tweet (https://twitter.com/terriertracker/status/944317583926362112).)

BD80
12-16-2019, 10:00 PM
Wofford's history vs. UNC (courtesy of Sports Reference (http://cbbref.com/tiny/YdKC6))

2-1 in Chapel Hill (loss in 2015, wins in 2017 and 2019)
0-1 in Spartanburg (loss in 2018)

Good enough for me...

(I found this on Google Images, posted in a few message boards and in this tweet (https://twitter.com/terriertracker/status/944317583926362112).)

Did carolina get bitten by the Woff gods?

PackMan97
12-16-2019, 10:03 PM
Just how bad is UNC's shooting this year? Well their 3pt%, 2pt% and ft% rank 304th, 298th and 317th. Out of 353 teams. That's not poor - that is just plain awful.

Don't worry, they'll shoot 60% when they play NC State.

:mad:

OldPhiKap
12-16-2019, 10:04 PM
UNC’s outside shooters were scattered, covered and smothered.

tteettimes
12-16-2019, 10:07 PM
UNC’s outside shooters were scattered, covered and smothered.

Now......that there’s funny 😀😀

howardlander
12-16-2019, 10:42 PM

Will be surprising if he doesn't play against Gonzaga. Of course, I suspect they will still lose.

tommy
12-17-2019, 01:25 AM
UNC has yet to score 80 points in a game. This is historically weak offense for that program. I went back to 2000-01, which is 19 years, and found the following:

The average number of (non-exhibition) games that it has taken UNC to have an 80+ point game, over the last 19 seasons, is 1.52 games. The most it's taken them is 4 games, and that was in the season they ended up going 8-20. So far this year, they're at 10 games and counting.

Over the last 19 years, the average number of games, of their first 10, in which they've scored 80+ points is 6.52. This year, the number was zero.

Yes, schedules are different from year to year, and you could say 80 is an arbitrary number, but still this is really bad. And had I gone back further than 19 years, it probably would look even worse than it does at 19.

robed deity
12-17-2019, 07:37 AM
UNC has yet to score 80 points in a game. This is historically weak offense for that program. I went back to 2000-01, which is 19 years, and found the following:

The average number of (non-exhibition) games that it has taken UNC to have an 80+ point game, over the last 19 seasons, is 1.52 games. The most it's taken them is 4 games, and that was in the season they ended up going 8-20. So far this year, they're at 10 games and counting.

Over the last 19 years, the average number of games, of their first 10, in which they've scored 80+ points is 6.52. This year, the number was zero.

Yes, schedules are different from year to year, and you could say 80 is an arbitrary number, but still this is really bad. And had I gone back further than 19 years, it probably would look even worse than it does at 19.

Looking at Torvik's site (where they're 59th!), I can't believe how bad their shooting stats are. Hovering around 300 for effective fg pctg, 3 point, etc. It has to get better, right?

They ARE 9th in OR pctg, which seems like the only way they've been scoring.

Faustus
12-17-2019, 11:05 AM
I suspect a bigger potential problem for UNC this year is Roy's traditional refusal, or inability, to coach other than the one style (fast-paced and high scoring) regardless of his personnel. Usually it's not a problem as he's always been able to have plenty of top-flight athletes. But in the past he's either refused to, or simply isn't capable of, adjusting the style of play to match what he's got to work with.

If I remember it correctly, in the press conference after scoring a whopping mid-40s at UVa, he essentially blamed it all on not having good enough players. That's like George Washington, after getting run out of Manhattan, saying "Well, if I'd had better soldiers, I would have won." Happily George adjusted and changed his style of play. Not sure poor Roy can do that.

We'll see!

miramar
12-17-2019, 12:09 PM
I don't think this is a bad loss at all. I mean, Wofford shot 37% from the field and 66% from the free thrown line. You can't beat a team when they are raining down shots like that

Was this Wofford or my intramural team?

CameronBlue
12-17-2019, 02:14 PM
Was this Wofford or my intramural team?

Wofford is going to do irreparable damage to their RPI if they keep scheduling patsies.

dukebluesincebirth
12-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Anthony out 4-6 weeks per Bleacher Report

arnie
12-17-2019, 02:39 PM
Anthony out 4-6 weeks per Bleacher Report

Surgery on torn meniscus today. 4-6 weeks.

TKG
12-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Surgery on torn meniscus today. 4-6 weeks.

Time to shut it down, Cole. Listen to your father. It's not worth the risk, :)

howardlander
12-17-2019, 02:53 PM

In all seriousness, would it be better for him to shut it down, or does he need to show the scouts/GMs that he is fully healed?

TKG
12-17-2019, 03:05 PM
In all seriousness, would it be better for him to shut it down, or does he need to show the scouts/GMs that he is fully healed?

At this stage Anthony could pull a Maggette and dare a GM to pass on him. Anthony entered college as a Top 5 pick (potentially).

HereBeforeCoachK
12-17-2019, 03:43 PM

......would this be a case of "shoe on the other foot".........?

DukieInKansas
12-17-2019, 03:46 PM
I hope he heals quickly and completely.

But I still hope the heels lose every game.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-17-2019, 04:20 PM
...would this be a case of "shoe on the other foot"....?
Zporkz worthy, it alas I must spread ‘em around first.

TKG
12-17-2019, 05:28 PM
Zporkz worthy, it alas I must spread ‘em around first.

I gotcha, Ozzie.

weezie
12-17-2019, 10:47 PM
Yes, even I feel bad for the young man, hope he has a good outcome.

But still, lose, lose, lose holes.

MarkD83
12-18-2019, 07:16 AM
years are months ...months are weeks and weeks are days...

Cole Anthony will back on the court by Jan 1 for the ACC season.

Roy just needs an excuse for the beat down he is going to get at Gonzaga tonight.

AGDukesky
12-18-2019, 08:36 AM
years are months ...months are weeks and weeks are days...

Cole Anthony will back on the court by Jan 1 for the ACC season.

Roy just needs an excuse for the beat down he is going to get at Gonzaga tonight.

I smell some Four Corners tonight- well at least UNCs output will resemble those “glory days”...

UrinalCake
12-18-2019, 08:37 AM

I think if he shuts it down he would be at worst the #4 pick. He is currently viewed as being in a tier with Wiseman, Anthony Edwards, and Lamelo Ball. I suppose it’s possible that if he sits, other players will break out and jump him. But they’d have to really show a lot.

Worst case scenario if he returns would be what happened to Kevin Porter, he was a top-5 player who got hurt early in the season and chose to come back. He played poorly and consequently fell all the way to the end of the first round. Although in his case there may have been additional injury concerns that surfaced at the combine.

Best case scenario if he returns is that he proves he’s healthy, plays well, and climbs to #2 or #3. I don’t think he’ll surpass Edwards no matter what. Plus he’s a competitor and probably genuinely wants to play and win games for UNC.