PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Va Tech (Dec 6, 2019)

JBDuke
12-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Virginia Tech tonight?

OZZIE4DUKE
12-06-2019, 08:55 PM
Tre. For his offense and defense.

brevity
12-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Weird game. Good luck picking a MOTM.

Rebound distribution:

6 Jones, Goldwire
5 Carey, Moore, O'Connell
2 Stanley, DeLaurier
1 Baker
0 Hurt, White

Foul distribution:

4 Baker
3 White
2 Moore
1 Carey, Goldwire
0 everyone else, including DeLaurier

mapei
12-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Tre. Such a great team leader, and had the biggest role in making it happen.

Saratoga2
12-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Tre for his all around game but Moore deserve a mention for his nice game.

TheOldBattleship
Some great options tonight; lots of guys played well. To me, though, this is one where the MOTM was really K (even more so than in other cases). Absolutely incredible adjustments throughout.

CameronBornAndBred
Loved Jack tonight, did a great job taking care of business with VC on the bench. Smart move by K in making that happen.

EKU1969
12-06-2019, 09:06 PM
I am going to go with Goldwire...2 big 3’s in the first half, 3 offensive rebounds to keep things alive, 2 steals and on the floor for 30 minutes! May be the only time (I hope not) he’s in the mix, so I thought I’d go with him!

mattman91
12-06-2019, 09:07 PM
I abstain.

jv001
12-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Tre Jones is MOTM for me. After hounding Cassius Winston on Tuesday, he comes back tonight and hounds the VT point guard. Plus, he was high score with 15 points, had 4 assists, 2 turnovers, 6 rebounds and a steal. He has to be a tired young man tonight when he finally lays his head on the pillow. Great game Tre. GoDuke!

bluedev_92
12-06-2019, 09:28 PM
I see two choices - view poll results & vote now. When I click on vote now the following appears:
“You did not select an option to vote for. Please press back to return to the poll and choose an option before voting.” However, there are no choices listed on the initial MOTM thread. Any thoughts? I’m using an iPhone.

-jk
12-06-2019, 09:35 PM
I see two choices - view poll results & vote now. When I click on vote now the following appears:
“You did not select an option to vote for. Please press back to return to the poll and choose an option before voting.” However, there are no choices listed on the initial MOTM thread. Any thoughts? I’m using an iPhone.

Select "Blue" at the bottom where it says "Mobile". The mobile skin works really for posts, but not polls and a few other things.

-jk

azzefkram
12-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Went with Wendell. I thought he had a really solid all around game.

SkyBrickey
12-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Wish I could give it to Tre, Jack, Wendell and Jordan. Split the pie 4 ways.

I went with Jack. He started the game at the 3 and played most of the second half at the 5. His position is winner.

buddy
12-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Coach K. Realized this was not a game for Carey and went small. Team responded well, especially in second half. Played 10 guys, with 9 getting double digit minutes. No player was actually outstanding, but all helped. Really starting to like this team. Tough game after MSU and travel in a tough gym where we have not done well recently. Tre is the straw that stirs this drink every night.

wsb3
12-06-2019, 10:09 PM
I went with Tre but I love it when we are talking about multiple choices. Really good week for the good guys.

dukebluesincebirth
12-06-2019, 10:12 PM
Jordan Goldwire. Spark off the bench when we really needed it, then continued with consistency throughout the game. Scored, defended, passed well, and rebounded. Brought energy to a tired team on the road in a conference game. Loved it, Jordan! Keep going.

westwall
12-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Virginia Tech tonight?

Tre was a key, as usual, but for me the standout was Goldwire, who not only provided his usual defense but also, surprise, contributed excellent scoring inside and outside, and rebounding.

camion
12-06-2019, 11:18 PM
Coach K. Realized this was not a game for Carey and went small. Team responded well, especially in second half. Played 10 guys, with 9 getting double digit minutes. No player was actually outstanding, but all helped. Really starting to like this team. Tough game after MSU and travel in a tough gym where we have not done well recently. Tre is the straw that stirs this drink every night.

K.

Padding here. Wouldn’t accept only 2 characters in a post.

Devilwin
12-07-2019, 05:12 AM
Tre by a nose. Good effort by lots of players. Baker seemed lost to me however.:confused:

Bob Green
12-07-2019, 06:14 AM
Baker seemed lost to me however.:confused:

Joey Baker is a scorer but last night his shot wasn't falling. His stat line included two assist, a rebound and a steal on top of sinking two free throws so he managed to contribute.

Bob Green
12-07-2019, 06:20 AM
Tre Jones earned my MOTM vote with his performance on both ends of the court.

Runner-up: Jordan Goldwire. He provided extra ball handling, an offensive punch and defense. Goldwire was tremendous.

Honorable mention: Wendell Moore with 12 points and five rebounds.

bluedev_92
12-07-2019, 11:03 AM
Select "Blue" at the bottom where it says "Mobile". The mobile skin works really for posts, but not polls and a few other things.

-jk

Thanks!

Devilwin
12-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Tre Jones earned my MOTM vote with his performance on both ends of the court.

Runner-up: Jordan Goldwire. He provided extra ball handling, an offensive punch and defense. Goldwire was tremendous.

Honorable mention: Wendell Moore with 12 points and five rebounds.

Concur. I will say Wendell sort of provided a spark that got us rolling.