PDA

View Full Version : Another year, another golden Roy quote after a beat down from Michigan

scottdude8
11-28-2019, 09:33 PM
Last year it was “My coaching sucks.”

This year: “That 19-to-zero seemed like a 119-to-zero to me,” Williams said. “I thought we had some pretty good shots, but we were soft around the rim. I’ve never stood there in 32 years and eight million games thinking about calling a timeout with 12 minutes left in the frickin' game.”

“They beat the crap out of us.”

A perfect Thanksgiving treat for a Blue Devil and Wolverine :)

richardjackson199
11-28-2019, 10:20 PM

This year: “That 19-to-zero seemed like a 119-to-zero to me,” Williams said. “I thought we had some pretty good shots, but we were soft around the rim. I’ve never stood there in 32 years and eight million games thinking about calling a timeout with 12 minutes left in the frickin' game.”

Michigan started the 2nd half on I think a 21-2 run. And for the first time in 32 years Ol Roy thought about calling a time-out well after the game was already lost. Classic. Thanks Roy - Duke nation needed that gift this Thanksgiving.

Cheats looked good.

Music man55
11-29-2019, 10:55 AM

You've gotta love ol'Huck with his down home awe shucks wisdom. I laugh every time at his comments after the cheats take a lickin'.

throatybeard
11-29-2019, 11:14 AM
i am not in the dadgum Christmas spirit

arnie
11-29-2019, 11:34 AM
I don’t give a sh** about UNCheat

PackMan97
11-29-2019, 11:43 AM
I'm thankful that I am not a Carolina fan.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-30-2019, 03:51 AM
Is it time for Ol’ Roy to retire? Maybe we need a new thread about this? LGD GTHc!

ClosetHurleyFan
11-30-2019, 08:47 AM
I'm thankful that I am not a Carolina fan.

Believe me we are too.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-30-2019, 10:08 AM

I imagine so....and from where I sit, this past week from UM was the most impressive week by any team so far this season.

ClosetHurleyFan
11-30-2019, 10:57 AM
I can’t imagine how you don’t rank Michigan number one right now based on the body of work. That body of work will of course evolve in quality in the coming weeks.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-30-2019, 11:06 AM
I can’t imagine how you don’t rank Michigan number one right now based on the body of work. That body of work will of course evolve in quality in the coming weeks.

I suspect they will pop into the top five, but it would be hard to argue against number one.

Also, Juwan Howard is quickly becoming a fan favorite in college basketball.

https://v.redd.it/hqs2x0xwxo141

jv001
11-30-2019, 11:27 AM
I suspect they will pop into the top five, but it would be hard to argue against number one.

I like Juwan the best of the Fab Five. Seems to be a good guy and good coach. GoDuke!

HereBeforeCoachK
11-30-2019, 11:42 AM

Dittos...they'd have my vote at this point in time.

devilseven
11-30-2019, 11:46 AM
I like Juwan the best of the Fab Five. Seems to be a good guy and good coach. GoDuke!

Howard may be getting the credit, but I'll bet that Phil Martelli is a big reason for Michigan's success thus far.

BD80
11-30-2019, 12:21 PM

Not even a close call. That's like saying Clemson has the best football team in the ACC this year.

Howard may be getting the credit, but I'll bet that Phil Martelli is a big reason for Michigan's success thus far.

I would suggest that it says a lot about Howard that he brought Martelli in and gave him the reins to do what he is doing.

Kfanarmy
11-30-2019, 12:37 PM

IDK...He went way overboard in complementing coach William's for the primary purpose of complementing himself.

-jk
11-30-2019, 12:39 PM
IDK...He went way overboard in complementing coach William's for the primary purpose of complementing himself.

(Jim Sumner in 10, 9, 8...)

-jk

sagegrouse
11-30-2019, 01:37 PM

(Jim Sumner in 10, 9, 8...)

-jk

Kfanarmy has the full complement of misspellings of "compliment."

jv001
11-30-2019, 02:51 PM

Are you saying Coach K does the same thing? :cool::cool:GoDuke!

BD80
11-30-2019, 03:07 PM

Oh! The duality!