PDA

View Full Version : Duke vs. Stephen F. Austin, 11/26 9pm ET, ACC RSNs

awhom111
11-25-2019, 01:06 AM
As some of you know, I hate starting game threads, but due to the broadcasting situation, figured that we should start it now.

The ACC does not have an official list of channel carrying the game, but that should resolved Monday. You can check listings for your local RSN though.

I have been checking games on this package for this season and ESPN has been inconsistent about including them on ESPN College Extra. This only affects a handful of providers and viewers who do not have the game on their local RSN so most of you will be fine watching however you have watched these games in the past. If you are like me and do not have the game on a local RSN, but have liked watching the games on the DirecTV 788-795 or Verizon FIOS 821-828 or on Spectrum in certain markets instead of online, be prepared for this not to be an option on Tuesday. My checking of other games from this season has not showed any cases of a DirecTV employee being nice and leaving a channel unblocked that they are not supposed to like they did back in the day, allowing us to watch games for free that we were supposed to pay for separately, but that could still happen I suppose. All viewers should operate under the expectation that they will be only able to watch on television if their local RSN is carrying the game and will have to watch online, either via ESPN for those not living within the conference footprint with those inside those markets only being to watch on the online service provided by their local RSN.

Troublemaker
11-25-2019, 05:16 AM
For many folks (like me), the game will be on Fox Sports.

budwom
11-25-2019, 08:12 AM

yeah, but I have to remember to be tuned in at the beginning of the game (I always record on DVR) to make sure the indecipherable blackout rules don't intervene...I too will try to watch on Fox Sports South, but at times this is blacked out because NESN (somewhat in my area) may be carrying the game...this time they are not...

BlueDevil16
11-25-2019, 08:45 AM
I hate RSNs. Thought ESPN+ and the ACCN would have solved this issue, but clearly it didn’t.

Nrrrrvous
11-25-2019, 08:46 AM
Doing some searching and it doesn't look like those of us on Youtube TV are going to be watching. :(

fisheyes
11-25-2019, 08:54 AM
It appears to be on the YES network in CT.
Looking forward to seeing more Joey, Alex, Javin

Troublemaker
11-25-2019, 09:10 AM
Doing some searching and it doesn't look like those of us on Youtube TV are going to be watching. :(

Really? I'm going to PM you a link. See if it works.

DavidBenAkiva
11-25-2019, 09:12 AM
After a foul fest at the Garden, Duke returns home to take on a couple of cupcakes before heading on a high stakes road trip. First up is Stephen F. Austin. The adjusted offensive efficiency (KenPom) is 93.4 points per 100 possessions, good for 280th in the nation out of 353. The main culprit of this offensive ineptitude is turnovers, where the Lumberjacks are coughing the ball up on nearly a quarter of possessions. The primary point guards, SR John Comeaux (5'11") and JR David Kachelries (6'1") each sport a nearly 1:1 assist-to-turnover ratio. And this has not been against a stellar slate of teams, either. SFA is coming off its first loss of the season, to Rutgers. They have one of the worst non-conference slate of games so far this year. Ball security is going to be an issue against one of the best defenses in the country.

On the flipside. SFA is forcing more turnovers than anyone else in the country. The Lumberjacks currently lead the nation in defensive TO%. Like Duke, they like to get up and down the court and are also a pretty good rebounding team, although a little better on the defensive glass than the offensive boards. The frenetic style of play has contributed to lots of fouls. The team is sending opponents to the line an absurd 60% of possessions. It's like a team of Javin DeLauriers. They have a deep rotation of 11 players averaging more than 10 minutes per game with 8 of the regulars committing at 5 or more fouls per 40 minutes. For comparison purposes, just Vernon Carey, Jr. (5.0) and Javin DeLaurier (10.0) are above the same threshold for Duke. So expect an ugly game with lots of pressing and open fast break opportunities.

Starters include Comeaux at the point, FR G Roti Ware (6'3"), and SR G/F Kevon Harris (6'6") in the backcourt with SR F Nathan Bain (6'6", 196 lbs) and JR Gavin Kesmil (6'7", 230 lbs) as the nominal center position. Duke will have a serious height advantage in this one, in particular down low. If SFA has trouble guarding Big Vern, we should expect to see a dose of freshmen forwards Sama'zha Hart (6'7") and Charlie Daniels (6'9").

In the backcourt, Kevon Harris is the primary scorer, averaging 19.4 pts, 5.8 rbs, 1.2 ast, and 1.4 stl per game. He is the most frequent shooter, averaging 12.8 field goal attempts per game. Next most is Gavin Kensmil with 7.6. Harris is also a gunner, taking 5 3-point attempts per game. He is hitting them at a good clip, 40%, and also hits his free throws (83.3% on 6 attempts per game). Beyond Harris, SFA does not take many 3-point attempts and are 302nd in the nation on 3P rate. The stats show a team that relies heavily on creating havoc and pressuring opponents. They get a lot of turnovers but allow very high shooting rates. If you can beat their press, you'll find an easy basket waiting. Wendell Moore and Cassius Stanley are going to have to value the basketball in this one. I expect this one to look pretty unpleasant to the eyes but Duke should be able to handle the press and come away with a comfortable margin of victory.

uh_no
11-25-2019, 10:05 AM
I hate RSNs. Thought ESPN+ and the ACCN would have solved this issue, but clearly it didn’t.

Does anyone know, is it an outstanding contract that hasn't run its course? Or is ACCN too cheap to pick up these games?

Either way, ACCN never getting a dime of my money, and I hope adoption is low enough that this spells the beginning of the end of these "really ESPN but not ESPN" "networks" that exist for everything now.

MChambers
11-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Have the Blue Devils ever played the Lumberjacks before?

Time for a musical interlude:
https://youtu.be/FshU58nI0Ts

uh_no
11-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Have the Blue Devils ever played the Lumberjacks before?

Time for a musical interlude:
https://youtu.be/FshU58nI0Ts

i will be disappointed if this is not sung...though i assume it wouldn't be the first time they'd heard it.

sagegrouse
11-25-2019, 11:02 AM
Really? I'm going to PM you a link. See if it works.

My DirecTV guide shows Duke-SFA following Notre Dame-Fairleigh Dickinson on YES, various Fox Sports regionals (OH, FL, SW) and ATRM (Rocky Mtn.). I'll be on my remote control at game time to find a live link.

hallcity
11-25-2019, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know, is it an outstanding contract that hasn't run its course? Or is ACCN too cheap to pick up these games?

Either way, ACCN never getting a dime of my money, and I hope adoption is low enough that this spells the beginning of the end of these "really ESPN but not ESPN" "networks" that exist for everything now.

There is a contract issue for a few more years. Syndication may not go away then since it may still be profitable for the ACC. Syndication is certainly preferable to ACCNX.

ACCN is essential to the future athletic competitiveness of Duke and every other ACC school. The money involved is real and significant. ACCN is succeeding. It's not going away. If you want to see all of Duke's basketball games, you're going to have to find a way to get ACCN. If seeing all of Duke's games doesn't matter enough to you, then don't. ACCN is available nationwide. If you have Comcast, you need to switch to some other provider, such as YouTube. If you do, you're almost certain to save money. If you have some carrier other than Comcast and you're not already getting ACCN, you need to talk with your carrier. It's possible that you'll have to pay more money. In my case, I had to contact Spectrum to switch to a non-legacy package. It was a bit of a hassle but I'm paying less now than I was and I'm not alone.

sagegrouse
11-25-2019, 11:33 AM
My DirecTV guide shows Duke-SFA following Notre Dame-Fairleigh Dickinson on YES, various Fox Sports regionals (OH, FL, SW) and ATRM (Rocky Mtn.). I'll be on my remote control at game time to find a live link.

Oh, and it's even more problematic. The Notre Dame game starts at 7, and if it runs long, there is no "ESPN News" as a diversion channel for this broadcast. Perhaps ND can stay out of overtime for a change.

uh_no
11-25-2019, 11:42 AM
There is a contract issue for a few more years. Syndication may not go away then since it may still be profitable for the ACC. Syndication is certainly preferable to ACCNX.

ACCN is essential to the future athletic competitiveness of Duke and every other ACC school. The money involved is real and significant. ACCN is succeeding. It's not going away. If you want to see all of Duke's basketball games, you're going to have to find a way to get ACCN. If seeing all of Duke's games doesn't matter enough to you, then don't. ACCN is available nationwide. If you have Comcast, you need to switch to some other provider, such as YouTube. If you do, you're almost certain to save money. If you have some carrier other than Comcast and you're not already getting ACCN, you need to talk with your carrier. It's possible that you'll have to pay more money. In my case, I had to contact Spectrum to switch to a non-legacy package. It was a bit of a hassle but I'm paying less now than I was and I'm not alone.

the bar is a lot cheaper. save 40$. buy beer.

I know that's not an option for everyone. I would like to see their subscriber count and viewership, though. There's a reason ESPN took so long to roll this out....because if it made sense for ESPN, they would have done it far sooner. Bottom line is the ACC negotiating an option for a network was a brilliant move on their part, and right now ESPN is holding the hot potato. It will be interesting to see if the next contract is so favorable.

Billy Dat
11-25-2019, 12:30 PM
On the flipside. SFA is forcing more turnovers than anyone else in the country. The Lumberjacks currently lead the nation in defensive TO%. Like Duke, they like to get up and down the court and are also a pretty good rebounding team, although a little better on the defensive glass than the offensive boards. The frenetic style of play has contributed to lots of fouls. The team is sending opponents to the line an absurd 60% of possessions. It's like a team of Javin DeLauriers. They have a deep rotation of 11 players averaging more than 10 minutes per game with 8 of the regulars committing at 5 or more fouls per 40 minutes. For comparison purposes, just Vernon Carey, Jr. (5.0) and Javin DeLaurier (10.0) are above the same threshold for Duke. So expect an ugly game with lots of pressing and open fast break opportunities.

This sounds like a good next test for the "Wendell Moore, not Jordan Goldwire, is K's choice for secondary ball handler" theory.

There is a lot of chatter in the Georgetown post-game thread about Matthew Hurt and where he stands right now. Going into the 2K Classic, Wendell Moore seemed like an early lost soul yet K started him and it paid off. My guess is that K knew this team needed Wendell to be a high level contributor to reach its potential and was going to push that agenda until it happened. The good news is that it has started to happen. I am thinking that he'll do the same thing with Hurt. Based on recent performance, Jack deserves the start over Hurt but I wonder if K will opt to start Hurt in order to try and keep his confidence up to encourage better production?

While anything can happen, this game looks as if we'll be in control by halftime. Once garbage time starts, I don't think we'll learn much so, aside from what I noted above, I am interested to see how well AOC and Baker compete for the eventual role of second wing off the bench.

hallcity
11-25-2019, 01:38 PM
the bar is a lot cheaper. save 40$. buy beer.

I know that's not an option for everyone. I would like to see their subscriber count and viewership, though. There's a reason ESPN took so long to roll this out...because if it made sense for ESPN, they would have done it far sooner. Bottom line is the ACC negotiating an option for a network was a brilliant move on their part, and right now ESPN is holding the hot potato. It will be interesting to see if the next contract is so favorable.

Even without Comcast, ACCN is in over 40 million households (https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/2019/09/19/acc-network-espn-disney-comcast-no-deal-subscribers-david-coburn-fsu-florida-state-football-nc-state/2372959001/).

By contrast, SECN and BTN are in about 55 million homes. ACCN will be up to that number if not beyond when Comcast comes on board although that may not happen for two years. Comcast's contract with all of Disney comes up for renewal in about two years. At that point, Disney has all the leverage it needs to get ACCN on Comcast.

BTW, it is not out of the question that ESPN will put one of the Duke-UNC games exclusively on ACCN to put additional pressure on Comcast as well as on individuals who are refusing to do what's necessary to get ACCN.

You also asked about viewership. Ratings numbers have never been released for SECN or ACCN. BTN just started releasing ratings this academic year.

budwom
11-25-2019, 01:58 PM
Even without Comcast, ACCN is in over 40 million households (https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/2019/09/19/acc-network-espn-disney-comcast-no-deal-subscribers-david-coburn-fsu-florida-state-football-nc-state/2372959001/).

By contrast, SECN and BTN are in about 55 million homes. ACCN will be up to that number if not beyond when Comcast comes on board although that may not happen for two years. Comcast's contract with all of Disney comes up for renewal in about two years. At that point, Disney has all the leverage it needs to get ACCN on Comcast.

BTW, it is not out of the question that ESPN will put one of the Duke-UNC games exclusively on ACCN to put additional pressure on Comcast as well as on individuals who are refusing to do what's necessary to get ACCN.

You also asked about viewership. Ratings numbers have never been released for SECN or ACCN. BTN just started releasing ratings this academic year.

you might be right about a Duke-unc game, but I think that would be cutting off their nose to spite their face...given viewership and hype surrounding those games, I'll be stunned if they relegate one of them to the ACCN.
Mother ESPN has enough troubles of her own right now (e.g. abundant cord cutting) without coughing up a crown jewel...

fuse
11-25-2019, 05:04 PM
Credit DavidBenAkiva (whose post was too long to quote):

The frenetic style of play has contributed to lots of fouls. The team is sending opponents to the line an absurd 60% of possessions. It's like a team of Javin DeLauriers.

So how would a team of DeLauriers fare against a team of Ditkas? Mini Ditkas?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

budwom
11-25-2019, 05:12 PM
Ditkas can't foul out, can they?

fuse
11-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Ditkas can't foul out, can they?

Ditkas don’t foul!

DukeFanSince1990
11-25-2019, 06:57 PM
It's on 646 if you have Directv.

dalmatians98
11-25-2019, 08:59 PM
For Verizon FIOS subscribers in the Hampton Roads area, the game will be on channel 578, NBC Sports Washington.

dukee94
11-25-2019, 09:27 PM

DirecTV has blackout finder. You put it on a channel showing the game and it will automatically find the right one if it is blacked out on the one you chose. It was a little embarrassing when I learned this the first time.

campered
11-25-2019, 10:48 PM

Fox Sports South, I believe. However, if one has DISH network as their primary provider for tv, as I unfortunately do, then you won’t see it. DISH and Sinclair Broadcasting, which owns Fox and their RSNs are in a pissing contest about costs. Sinclair has removed the RSNs from DISH. A real bummer!

awhom111
11-26-2019, 01:35 AM
Here is the list of channels carrying the game:
http://theacc.com/sports/2019/11/25/MBB_RSN_SFA_DU_19.aspx

Again, those in markets in the conference footprint are likely to only be able to watch on those channels or the online service provided by that network and only on the RSN that is local to you.

Those outside of the conference area can watch on TV if they are in market viewers for one of the RSNs listed. They can also watch online using the service provided by their in market RSN. Everyone outside the conference footprint can watch online via ESPN on their app or website if they are ACC Network subscribers. It still does not appear to be on ESPN College Extra so those of us used to watching on the method are likely to be out of luck and will be stuck only looking at chat during commercial breaks to avoid spoilers.

DirecTV has blackout finder. You put it on a channel showing the game and it will automatically find the right one if it is blacked out on the one you chose. It was a little embarrassing when I learned this the first time.

This does not work as well when you are actually supposed to be blacked out though. I do miss the days when DirecTV would leave a random RSN unblocked for those of us without coverage. When the games are on ESPN College Extra, all the commercials are ESPN ones instead of the occasionally fun local ones.

evrim
11-26-2019, 02:48 AM
I really hate the ACCN right now. Can't watch anything in Portland.

David Bunkley
11-26-2019, 07:06 AM
Oh, and it's even more problematic. The Notre Dame game starts at 7, and if it runs long, there is no "ESPN News" as a diversion channel for this broadcast. Perhaps ND can stay out of overtime for a change.

This just caused my anxiety to spike through the roof. Let's hope both teams stay out of foul trouble and it's a blowout.

Fingers crossed that the Fox Sports Go app will not be affected by this.

4Gen
11-26-2019, 07:41 AM
If not TV driven, why the late tip? I'm lucky to be going tonight, but I'm looking to get home at 1:00 am.

budwom
11-26-2019, 08:07 AM

yes indeed, but it does you no good if you're recording and not present. Tonight's biggest foe is going to be the over run of the previous game, that should be good for missing the first five minutes of so...hopefully ND dispatches Fairly Ridiculous without stretching into OT...

Tripping William
11-26-2019, 08:24 AM
So, the Interwebz tell me that DISH's Fox Sports South channel is 420. Last night I go to Ch. 420. The screen tells me that DISH is no longer carrying regional Fox Sports networks. I'm in W-S (home of the ACC's classiest fans; ask richardjackson199). Am I SOL tonight?

Troublemaker
11-26-2019, 08:26 AM
A bit of fortuitous scheduling, this game. After having some problems with the Georgetown press in the second half, we now get to face a ravenous pressing team in SFA in order to work on those press-breaking muscles right away.

Does Duke respond to the G'town struggles with several great days of press-breaking practice that lead into dissecting the SFA press easily today? To find my answer, check out my pick for this game in Degenerates.

roywhite
11-26-2019, 08:28 AM
So, the Interwebz tell me that DISH's Fox Sports South channel is 420. Last night I go to Ch. 420. The screen tells me that DISH is no longer carrying regional Fox Sports networks. I'm in W-S (home of the ACC's classiest fans; ask richardjackson199). Am I SOL tonight?

Sports bars would be an alternative. I live in the W-S area and have been to Carolina Ale House, Buffalo Wild Wings, and others that have a full range of networks.

Tripping William
11-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Sports bars would be an alternative. I live in the W-S area and have been to Carolina Ale House, Buffalo Wild Wings, and others that have a full range of networks.

Not on Mrs. Tripping's birthday it's not . . . . . .

killerleft
11-26-2019, 09:03 AM
The game will record and is available for watching, in Greensboro, on Fox Sports Carolinas.

-jk
11-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Not on Mrs. Tripping's birthday it's not . . . . . .

Honey, let's go out after dinner to celebrate your birthday!

-jk

dukee94
11-26-2019, 09:45 AM
yes indeed, but it does you no good if you're recording and not present. Tonight's biggest foe is going to be the over run of the previous game, that should be good for missing the first five minutes of so...hopefully ND dispatches Fairly Ridiculous without stretching into OT...

My experience has been that DirecTV will find the non-blacked out channel and automatically record it on that channel. My DVR will show two recordings, one that is about two minutes long with the blackout screen, one that starts a few minutes late, but has the rest of the game. Agreed that run-over from the previous game is a problem, but I have not had problems with blacked-out games for a long time.

budwom
11-26-2019, 10:28 AM
My experience has been that DirecTV will find the non-blacked out channel and automatically record it on that channel. My DVR will show two recordings, one that is about two minutes long with the blackout screen, one that starts a few minutes late, but has the rest of the game. Agreed that run-over from the previous game is a problem, but I have not had problems with blacked-out games for a long time.

mine definitely does not, but I know I don't have the most advanced receiver, so perhaps that's the difference. But no matter what receiver you have, if a previous game runs long, you're out of luck. (unless ESPN tells you to wander over to ESPNews or something)

rsvman
11-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Credit DavidBenAkiva (whose post was too long to quote):

The frenetic style of play has contributed to lots of fouls. The team is sending opponents to the line an absurd 60% of possessions. It's like a team of Javin DeLauriers.

So how would a team of DeLauriers fare against a team of Ditkas? Mini Ditkas?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ditka would win. Easily. Doesn't require a "team of Ditkas." Just Ditka. By himself.

Unless, of course, Duke brings Patrick Davidson back.

English
11-26-2019, 03:17 PM
you might be right about a Duke-unc game, but I think that would be cutting off their nose to spite their face...given viewership and hype surrounding those games, I'll be stunned if they relegate one of them to the ACCN.
Mother ESPN has enough troubles of her own right now (e.g. abundant cord cutting) without coughing up a crown jewel...

I'm almost positive that ESPN has clarified that both Duke-unx games would be on the flagship network. I'd guess/hope that the ACC would be smart enough to hold something like the CFP does and have the team stream available on its network if you want a Duke-centric broadcast or an elementary school-style broadcast with cartoons and crayons for the light blue fans.

But back to the topic at hand, I'm looking forward to a fast-paced practice game that sees Hurt bounce back and Joey Baker and AOC get right. What's the O/U on Javin Delaurier's 4th foul? His 10th minute? 8th?

uh_no
11-26-2019, 03:22 PM
I'm almost positive that ESPN has clarified that both Duke-unx games would be on the flagship network. I'd guess/hope that the ACC would be smart enough to hold something like the CFP does and have the team stream available on its network if you want a Duke-centric broadcast or an elementary school-style broadcast with cartoons and crayons for the light blue fans.

But back to the topic at hand, I'm looking forward to a fast-paced practice game that sees Hurt bounce back and Joey Baker and AOC get right. What's the O/U on Javin Delaurier's 4th foul? His 10th minute? 8th?

The only question is, would Bilas host the Duke or the UNC broadcast :D :D

kAzE
11-26-2019, 04:06 PM
If anyone is looking for a long term solution for catching every Duke basketball TV broadcast, I've used SlingTV's streaming service (Sling Orange) with the sports extra package, which includes all ESPN channels and ACC Network Extra, for several years now. They have every single Duke game except ones that are nationally broadcast on CBS (so usually 1 or 2 regular season games plus some games in the NCAA tournament). You can use an HD TV antenna to get your local channels (costs about $20 on Amazon). This game will be available on Sling tonight.

Sling is a bit more expensive than it has been in the past, but it's still vastly cheaper than cable, and destroys cable in terms of Duke basketball coverage. It's also really easy to cancel and restart anytime, which I usually do for the summer, after the NBA finals end. It's a very flexible streaming service, and I've been very satisfied with it. I believe they have a 1 or 2 week free trial if anyone is interested in taking a look, or if you just want to use it for tonight's game.

kako
11-26-2019, 04:08 PM
In this strange world of streaming, conference networks, advertising deals, cable and on-air networks, for me the SF Austin game is on Fox Sports Midwest. Not ACCN, ESPN or its offspring, CBS Sports or NBC Sports anything. And not Fox Sports South/Southeast/Pacific/West. It's on Fox Sports Midwest. I live in California and have Playstation Vue (until it dies in January, which I'm unhappy about).

Go figure. I'm just happy to be able to watch the game.

9F

Pghdukie
11-26-2019, 04:24 PM
If Ditka put on a dress - he would turn into President Baberham Lincoln ! Ditka grew up a tough mill-hunk Pittsburgher.

lotusland
11-26-2019, 04:31 PM
Here is the list of channels carrying the game:
http://theacc.com/sports/2019/11/25/MBB_RSN_SFA_DU_19.aspx

Again, those in markets in the conference footprint are likely to only be able to watch on those channels or the online service provided by that network and only on the RSN that is local to you.

Those outside of the conference area can watch on TV if they are in market viewers for one of the RSNs listed. They can also watch online using the service provided by their in market RSN. Everyone outside the conference footprint can watch online via ESPN on their app or website if they are ACC Network subscribers. It still does not appear to be on ESPN College Extra so those of us used to watching on the method are likely to be out of luck and will be stuck only looking at chat during commercial breaks to avoid spoilers.

This does not work as well when you are actually supposed to be blacked out though. I do miss the days when DirecTV would leave a random RSN unblocked for those of us without coverage. When the games are on ESPN College Extra, all the commercials are ESPN ones instead of the occasionally fun local ones.
I have Comcast cable so no ACCN. Is it still possible I can watch the game on Fox Sports South? I’m in an ACC market area. Or should I just plan to watch it on YouTube in a day or so?

budwom
11-26-2019, 05:07 PM
I have Comcast cable so no ACCN. Is it still possible I can watch the game on Fox Sports South? I’m in an ACC market area. Or should I just plan to watch it on YouTube in a day or so?

that should work (FSS) unless you fall victim to some arcane blackout...

Saratoga2
11-26-2019, 05:35 PM

I have Fox sports south in Venice, Fla. The channel guide on the internet indicates the Duke game on Comcast service but when I went to record, I found a football game instead. My bad luck.

Bill

SkyBrickey
11-26-2019, 06:02 PM
Back to the game play...

I'll predict Tre has a big game tonight and leads us in scoring and assists (of course).

Unlike when Georgetown was pressing us in the last 10 minutes and we were trying to advance the ball past halfcourt and take time off the clock, if SFA presses us tonight, I expect us to make them pay by attacking the basket - Tre, Cassius and Wendell.

My biggest hope for tonight is to see Matthew Hurt back on track. 18+ minutes and 12+ points.

Indoor66
11-26-2019, 06:18 PM
Comcast Pompano Beach feed has the Duke game on FSS. Channel 401.

sagegrouse
11-26-2019, 07:05 PM
I have tuned in on Notre-Dame-FDU on DirecTV 683. which is a Rocky Mountain channel and sorta "local" for me. I assume this presages a successful Duke hookup. Blacked out on a bunch of other channels -- I started with YES (631) and it searched through a bunch before landing on 683.

DukeFanSince1990
11-26-2019, 07:23 PM
It's currently 21-4 Notre Dame, so probably no delay.

nocilla
11-26-2019, 07:28 PM
If anyone is looking for a long term solution for catching every Duke basketball TV broadcast, I've used SlingTV's streaming service (Sling Orange) with the sports extra package, which includes all ESPN channels and ACC Network Extra, for several years now. They have every single Duke game except ones that are nationally broadcast on CBS (so usually 1 or 2 regular season games plus some games in the NCAA tournament). You can use an HD TV antenna to get your local channels (costs about $20 on Amazon). This game will be available on Sling tonight.

Will it be blacked out inside the acc footprint though?

mattman91
11-26-2019, 07:49 PM
ESPN shows that this game is available on ACCNX. I believe that is only available on the app, which is how I watched the exhibition games.

-jk
11-26-2019, 08:03 PM
DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive (https://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc) to catch up.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

lotusland
11-26-2019, 08:11 PM
Comcast Pompano Beach feed has the Duke game on FSS. Channel 401.

My Comcast channel guide shows Duke v SFA next on Fox SS so we’ll see

3rd Dukie
11-26-2019, 08:11 PM
I have tuned in on Notre-Dame-FDU on DirecTV 683. which is a Rocky Mountain channel and sorta "local" for me. I assume this presages a successful Duke hookup. Blacked out on a bunch of other channels -- I started with YES (631) and it searched through a bunch before landing on 683.

Same for me, Sage. I'm in the Front Range (with 3 feet of snow on my deck).

Tripping William
11-26-2019, 08:50 PM
On my ESPN app, it says the Notre Dame game has been blacked out in my area. I assume the Duke game will be as well. I thought the glory of the ACC Network was to fix this crap.

jwillfan
11-26-2019, 08:53 PM
I'm at the game. Cameron will not be filled for the #1 team in the country. Feels wrong even despite the opponent and the holiday.

devildeac
11-26-2019, 08:55 PM
I'm at the game. Cameron will not be filled for the #1 team in the country. Feels wrong even despite the opponent and the holiday.

All the MIAs are at home and watching it on the ACCN. :rolleyes:

DrChainsaw
11-26-2019, 08:58 PM
I've got it on ACCNX via ESPN via Hulu Live via Roku in Rhode Island

wavedukefan70s
11-26-2019, 09:03 PM
646 on direct tv fox sports south

ncexnyc
11-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Great it's blacked out.

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 09:15 PM
Great offensive rebound and put back by White. Duke up 4 early.

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 09:21 PM
Giving up a lot of layups.

Furniture
11-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Blacked frickin out.

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 09:24 PM
I’m getting it on Yes network.

ratamero
11-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Wendell will be fine, but right now watching him is a real test for my patience. So many boneheaded turnovers.

DrChainsaw
11-26-2019, 09:26 PM
DBR should set up a network of VPNs around the country, so fans can get around the blackouts...

-jk
11-26-2019, 09:29 PM
DBR should set up a network of VPNs around the country, so fans can get around the blackouts...

Set it up!

-jk

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Nice layup by Hurt, maybe gets him going.

Tripping William
11-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Giving up a lot of layups.

I wouldn’t know .....

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 09:46 PM
Cut it to 6. We’re turning it over more than them.

Sixthman
11-26-2019, 09:47 PM
Turnovers killing us. Carey a little soft on defense. Moore getting some bad calls and making some boneheaded plays. Tre needs to control the team better. Sfa in 15-5 run.

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 09:49 PM
Harris killing us . Time out , lead down to 3. We go 4 minutes with no points. Turnovers and a Wendell air ball.

AtlDuke72
11-26-2019, 09:49 PM
Turnovers killing us. Carey a little soft on defense. Moore getting some bad calls and making some boneheaded plays. Tre needs to control the team better. Sfa in 15-5 run.

What game is Dan Bonner watching?

Sixthman
11-26-2019, 09:50 PM
Tre makes a three then next possession a bad turnover leading to a layup.

jjredickrules
11-26-2019, 09:50 PM
Kevon Harris is Bootsy Thorntoning us.

BlueDevil16
11-26-2019, 09:51 PM
Moore is sloppy with the ball.

rsvman
11-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Looking like a rec league game right about now.

ratamero
11-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Curious to know what "points off turnovers" look like at the end of the half.

22JumpShots
11-26-2019, 09:54 PM
For those who suffer from Blackout ... turn on your ad blockers.

https://www.vipboxtv.se/stream-stephen-f-austin-vs-duke-live-1

Just wait for the 10 seconds to tick off and click the X .. and then click Play. Ive been watching the game since the 15 minute mark. Decent quality.

(Mods - If inappropriate by all means delete. I just hate that fellow fans that likely live in NC can't watch the game. Plus its a good game (4 points now). So need more fans cheering!)

ncexnyc
11-26-2019, 10:10 PM
Many Thanks! Sure beats the radio.

arnie
11-26-2019, 10:18 PM
After a foul fest at the Garden, Duke returns home to take on a couple of cupcakes before heading on a high stakes road trip. First up is Stephen F. Austin. The adjusted offensive efficiency (KenPom) is 93.4 points per 100 possessions, good for 280th in the nation out of 353. The main culprit of this offensive ineptitude is turnovers, where the Lumberjacks are coughing the ball up on nearly a quarter of possessions. The primary point guards, SR John Comeaux (5'11") and JR David Kachelries (6'1") each sport a nearly 1:1 assist-to-turnover ratio. And this has not been against a stellar slate of teams, either. SFA is coming off its first loss of the season, to Rutgers. They have one of the worst non-conference slate of games so far this year. Ball security is going to be an issue against one of the best defenses in the country.

Starters include Comeaux at the point, FR G Roti Ware (6'3"), and SR G/F Kevon Harris (6'6") in the backcourt with SR F Nathan Bain (6'6", 196 lbs) and JR Gavin Kesmil (6'7", 230 lbs) as the nominal center position. Duke will have a serious height advantage in this one, in particular down low. If SFA has trouble guarding Big Vern, we should expect to see a dose of freshmen forwards Sama'zha Hart (6'7") and Charlie Daniels (6'9").

In the backcourt, Kevon Harris is the primary scorer, averaging 19.4 pts, 5.8 rbs, 1.2 ast, and 1.4 stl per game. He is the most frequent shooter, averaging 12.8 field goal attempts per game. Next most is Gavin Kensmil with 7.6. Harris is also a gunner, taking 5 3-point attempts per game. He is hitting them at a good clip, 40%, and also hits his free throws (83.3% on 6 attempts per game). Beyond Harris, SFA does not take many 3-point attempts and are 302nd in the nation on 3P rate. The stats show a team that relies heavily on creating havoc and pressuring opponents. They get a lot of turnovers but allow very high shooting rates. If you can beat their press, you'll find an easy basket waiting. Wendell Moore and Cassius Stanley are going to have to value the basketball in this one. I expect this one to look pretty unpleasant to the eyes but Duke should be able to handle the press and come away with a comfortable margin of victory.

Not exactly a cupcake IMO.

DukieInKansas
11-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Who are the announcers? I have dubbed them Annoying #1 and Annoying #2.

jipops
11-26-2019, 10:33 PM
Upset brewing?

Getting beat up big time on the boards. This team looks worn down.

whereinthehellami
11-26-2019, 10:36 PM
SFA wants this more than Duke right now. Duke struggling with their identity again. Duke looks tired.

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 10:36 PM
Free throws

fgb
11-26-2019, 10:38 PM
It's the 7th game of the season. We're not tired.

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Can’t make a free throw. Pitiful

rsvman
Could be tired from all the running around on defense.
Pull back into a zone or play a box and one and we'd probably win by 15 or 20. The pressure defense is great, but it doesn't work for every situation.

jjredickrules
This looks like Arizona 2011 or South Carolina 2017. Each had one player dominate us in the first half, then the second half their whole team catches fire.

I’m calling a loss.

fgb
11-26-2019, 10:45 PM
They have 18 more fg attempts than we do, for myriad reasons. They're just a hungrier, tougher team right now.

Dub
Definitely growing pains but the FT shooting this 2nd half is absolutely atrocious. Not sure I’ve ever seen a stretch this bad EVER.

jipops
It's the 7th game of the season. We're not tired.

Not tired from previous games. Tired from the pace of this game. I think it explains the missed ft’s, cold shooting, and buckets inside for sfa.

This has all the makings of an upset. And this has been a team ripe for it.

fgb
11-26-2019, 10:46 PM
Not tired from previous games. Tired from the pace of this game. I think it explains the missed ft’s, cold shooting, and buckets inside for sfa.

This has all the makings of an upset. And this has been a team ripe for it.

It's been the same pace for both teams though, right?

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 10:47 PM
No time outs. No adjustments. No subs.

arnie
11-26-2019, 10:48 PM
It's been the same pace for both teams though, right?

The SFA run-outs after Duke misses incredible. Like we don’t have anyone back - sort of elementary isn’t it?

Coballs
11-26-2019, 10:52 PM
This looks and feels just like a 2-15 first round tourney nailbiter

rsvman
11-26-2019, 10:53 PM
And...... I've lost my feed now, so all I can do is pull up score updates on a phone app and hope for the best.

fgb
11-26-2019, 10:54 PM
This looks and feels just like a 2-15 first round tourney nailbiter

Who's the 15?

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 10:56 PM
Why has Carey sat so long?

BlueDevil16
11-26-2019, 11:00 PM
Not looking good...

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:01 PM
35 free throws attempts and up by 1? You'd think the other team has made 15 3's to keep it this close. Win or lose, good experience for the freshmen I suppose.

Bluedog
11-26-2019, 11:02 PM
35 free throws attempts and up by 1? You'd think the other team has made 15 3's to keep it this close. Win or lose, good experience for the freshmen I suppose.

Attempts don't mean much when you can't make any of the shots....

But honestly, more concerning to me have been the easy transition buckets and interior D. The team will definitely learn from this game. Definitely still want and expect a win! Let's go!!!

whereinthehellami
11-26-2019, 11:02 PM
Free throws are free? Not in this game. They have been costly for Duke.

Who will step up for Duke? Stanley maybe?

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:03 PM
Attempts don't mean much when you can't make any of the shots...

But honestly, more concerning to me have been the easy transition buckets and interior D. The team will definitely learn from this game. Definitely still want and expect a win! Let's go!!!

Yeah but they're still +11 at the free throw line.

jjredickrules
11-26-2019, 11:06 PM
Free throws are free? Not in this game. They have been costly for Duke.

Who will step up for Duke? Stanley maybe?

Stanley! Look at that.

Bluedog
11-26-2019, 11:07 PM
Yeah but they're still +11 at the free throw line.

I admittedly just started watching with about 14 minutes left and I think Duke has gone something like 2-11 in that time....

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:08 PM
I admittedly just started watching with about 14 minutes left and I think Duke has gone something like 2-11 in that time...

Same. Think I've seen Carey go 1-5 since I started watching.

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:09 PM
This team prides itself on being a defensive team. Need 2 stops to win it. Let's see if they can get it.

And one of the best on ball defenders in the nation gets beaten so easily.

fgb
11-26-2019, 11:11 PM
This team prides itself on being a defensive team.

That might change after tonight.

accfanfrom1970
11-26-2019, 11:14 PM
Free throws

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:16 PM
What a terrible shot by Tre.

accfanfrom1970
Deserved to lose. Have a chance in ot. Horrible last possession.

BlueDevil16
The announcers really don’t seem like Duke fans

J4Kop99
How was that not out of bounds?

WakeDevil
11-26-2019, 11:17 PM
Carey fouled on the rebound.

fgb
SF Austin comes down and runs a play, and scores. Then we come down, and... what?

Bluedog
How was that not out of bounds?

That's what I thought. I mean, it ended up being a decent pass to Stanley and he had a reasonable shot to win it, but should have been Duke inbounds under the basket with a couple ticks left.

J4Kop99
11-26-2019, 11:19 PM
Offensive execution has been brutal down the stretch

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:20 PM

3 possessions, 3 turnovers.

devildeac
11-26-2019, 11:23 PM
That's what I thought. I mean, it ended up being a decent pass to Stanley and he had a reasonable shot to win it, but should have been Duke inbounds under the basket with a couple ticks left.

Because eades sucks.

devildeac
11-26-2019, 11:24 PM

Yep, the offense needs execution...

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:25 PM

Going to have to rely on set plays a lot this season. No one on Duke can beat their guy off the dribble. Teams will sag in on Carey.

Bluedog
11-26-2019, 11:25 PM
Because eades sucks.

And then Eades doesn't give Tre the TO...although perhaps a good call as I'm not sure Tre had clear possession when on a ground. But he was clearly shouting for it.

The other amazing thing is they've had like 4 guys with 4 fouls for the last 8 minutes and nobody has fouled out somehow.

J4Kop99
11-26-2019, 11:26 PM

Hopefully sf Austin doesn’t have an Astros-like camera-garbage can system because the cameras just zoomed in extra close on coach’s clipboard

fgb
11-26-2019, 11:26 PM
And then Eades doesn't give Tre the TO...although perhaps a good call as I'm not sure Tre had clear possession when on a ground. But he was clearly shouting for it.

The other amazing thing is they've had like 4 guys with 4 fouls for the last 8 minutes and nobody has fouled out somehow.

Yeah, you can't lay on the ball and scream, "time out". Can't blame refs.

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:27 PM
Hopefully sf Austin doesn’t have an Astros-like camera-garbage can system because the cameras just zoomed in extra close on coach’s clipboard

lol I couldn't even figure out what was going on anyways.

5/6 possessions in OT have resulted in a turnover. I put that on Tre. He's the sophomore PG. Should be getting them in better possessions to score.

accfanfrom1970
No Carey?

J4Kop99
What a play out of the timeout. This is just a strange game all around. There must be a holiday break coming up.::

WHOneedsSOX
11-26-2019, 11:29 PM
Wow what a way to lose. Brutal.

Bluedog
11-26-2019, 11:30 PM
Wow that hurts.....I can't believe we have the last possession to win it in regulation and OT and somehow we lose on a layup.

WakeDevil
11-26-2019, 11:30 PM
That was a comedy of errors at the end. I include the coach. This is not a top ten team.