PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. Georgia State (Nov 15, 2019)

JBDuke
11-15-2019, 09:06 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Georgia State tonight?

TKG
11-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Sloppy, uninspired but take the win and get better in practice.

SCMatt33
11-15-2019, 09:13 PM
Tre will deserve all the praise he’s surely going to get here, but I’m going with Carey. He faced some tough conditions tonight, with Georgia State packing it in defensively and him seeing double and even some triple teams. He also had to play more minutes than he normally would due to Javin picking up 4 fouls in very little time. I thought he was poised and patient for the most part, and got more so as the game went on. He easily could have reverted to old habits and drifted outside, but didn’t do so. He was willing to take fouls and go to the line, which is not his strong suit, but he was good enough there to help the team and just picking up those fouls got Duke into the bonus very quickly in the second half, which was big. He’s still got work to do on the defensive end compared to Javin, but he was still decent, which is what you need from him given the offensive contributions.

curtis325
11-15-2019, 09:57 PM
It is NEVER unanimous. Some of Zion's ridiculous stat lines last year were not unanimous.

Tre Stones was great, but I've been looking for a chance to vote for Baker. Career high in points and sixth most minutes in a closeish game--yeah he gets my vote.

mapei
11-15-2019, 10:34 PM
Career game from Tre. 'Nuff said.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-15-2019, 11:04 PM
Tre. Period.

Vernon is still learning to play inside, but he missed more dunks tonight than last year’s #1 did all year. I realize that’s not a fair comparison, but still! Vernon will learn and get better with experience. LGD GTHc!

Neals384
11-15-2019, 11:50 PM
Tre will deserve all the praise he’s surely going to get here, but I’m going with Carey. He faced some tough conditions tonight, with Georgia State packing it in defensively and him seeing double and even some triple teams. He also had to play more minutes than he normally would due to Javin picking up 4 fouls in very little time. I thought he was poised and patient for the most part, and got more so as the game went on. He easily could have reverted to old habits and drifted outside, but didn’t do so. He was willing to take fouls and go to the line, which is not his strong suit, but he was good enough there to help the team and just picking up those fouls got Duke into the bonus very quickly in the second half, which was big. He’s still got work to do on the defensive end compared to Javin, but he was still decent, which is what you need from him given the offensive contributions.

Someday there will be a unanimous MOTM. I get your reasoning, but, um, Tre was MOTM.

Bob Green
11-16-2019, 07:19 AM
Without Tre Jones we lose — that earns my vote.

Runner up: Vernon Carey

Honorable mention: Joey Baker

SupaDave
11-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Someday there will be a unanimous MOTM. I get your reasoning, but, um, Tre was MOTM.

Jones may have gotten the points but Carey was a warrior last night. They were packing it on him - technically making life a little easier for Tre on his drives. Great recognition by Tre of course.

Probably the most physical game Carey has seen and he grew into it. I liked seeing that a lot. His confidence is rising with each game. He's starting to feel dominant.

elvis14
11-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Wow, easiest MOTM poll of the young season. Here's how they ranked:

1) Tre Stones
BIG BIG BIG GAP
2) Who Cares, see where it says BIG BIG BIG GAP above.

A few of you own Tre and apology!