PDA

View Full Version : Duke expecting capacity crowd for Irish

jimsumner
11-05-2019, 10:57 AM
and making changes accordingly

https://goduke.com/news/2019/11/3/athletics-duke-football-gameday-changes-for-notre-dame.aspx

devilirium
11-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Seeing is believing. Would be a welcome sight.

JasonEvans
11-05-2019, 11:14 AM
Percentage of the stadum that will be wearing green and gold... probably at least 50%, I suspect.

devildeac
11-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Seeing is believing. Would be a welcome sight.

20K ND fans and 20K Duke fans?

JE beat me by a minute or two as I was typing. Great minds and all that stuff...

:rolleyes::o

SkyBrickey
11-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Percentage of the stadum that will be wearing green and gold... probably at least 50%, I suspect.

I'll be there. My first Duke football game since 2013 Duke v Texas A&M. Hoping to exorcise the country Texas echos of "Johnny Football" playing on a perpetual loop in my brain...

ramdevil
11-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Folks,
Does anyone know if we are permitted to bring stadium blankets into WW for the game? I looked at the A-Z guide and could not tell from that.

-ramdevil

OZZIE4DUKE
11-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Folks,
Does anyone know if we are permitted to bring stadium blankets into WW for the game? I looked at the A-Z guide and could not tell from that.

-ramdevil
Yes to blankets. No to bags/purses larger than 5”x8”x1”.

devildeac
11-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Folks,

-ramdevil

only if it is no larger than 5" x 8" x 1"

:rolleyes::mad:

dukelifer
11-05-2019, 12:57 PM

https://goduke.com/news/2019/11/3/athletics-duke-football-gameday-changes-for-notre-dame.aspx

Lots of Irish football fans around

throatybeard
11-05-2019, 01:02 PM

Those are diktats about parking, principally.

I'll believe Duke got concessions and bathrooms working correctly for a capacity football game when I don't immediately hear DBR people complaining about how we've screwed up college gameday yet again.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-05-2019, 02:50 PM
20K ND fans and 20K Duke fans?

JE beat me by a minute or two as I was typing. Great minds and all that stuff...

:rolleyes::o

I'll predict 25K Duke and 15 Irish. (eyeball test of course...)

Edouble
11-05-2019, 03:25 PM
I am surprised at this, considering the cold weather and the fact that the Irish's season pretty much ended last weekend, after getting pummeled by Michigan.

budwom
11-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Those are diktats about parking, principally.

I'll believe Duke got concessions and bathrooms working correctly for a capacity football game when I don't immediately hear DBR people complaining about how we've screwed up college gameday yet again.

plenty of ice water will be on hand, you can count on that! The good news is that anything they run out of (and they will, who knew people were coming?) will be crappy anyway. I always eat and drink before entering, pointless depending upon WW concessions.

CameronBornAndBred
11-05-2019, 03:35 PM
I am surprised at this, considering the cold weather and the fact that the Irish's season pretty much ended last weekend, after getting pummeled by Michigan.

Meh...football fans aren't going to give up on their team just because they aren't going to be in the championship game. They are still ranked, and are still going to be in an elite bowl.

budwom
11-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Folks,

-ramdevil

At Amherst College games, you can bring in blankets tainted with smallpox (New England history joke).