PDA

View Full Version : Ran Into Lance Thomas This Weekend

atoomer0881
10-28-2019, 03:50 PM
Hey all! Haven't posted in quite some time, though I still continually frequent all the posts here. I figured this would be as good a time as any to start posting again! This past Saturday, my fiancé and I participated in the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's in Manhattan. Lance was there to be the representative holding a white flower and then help cut the ribbon at the start of walk. For those wondering, the different colored flowers represent different connections to the disease -- yellow is for caregivers, orange is for if you know someone suffering from the disease, purple is for if you lost someone to the disease, blue is for those currently suffering from the disease, and white (Lance's flower) is to represent the future first survivor of Alzheimer's.

After the walk began, Lance participated in the walk himself. My fiancé told me I had to go up and say hi to him -- so naturally, I listened to her and did just that. He could not have been more friendly and was so generous to take time to talk with me about Duke basketball and take a picture with me. Just thought I'd pass along how amazing members of the #brotherhood are, even when not in a basketball setting. I'm not sure what his connection to Alzheimer's is, but thank you Lance for supporting a cause that is so near and dear to my heart, and for taking the time to make the day of one of your long time fans!

not sure why it rotated this picture

or why it rotated this picture

OZZIE4DUKE
10-28-2019, 04:08 PM
Thanks for posting the pics! Sometimes my pics are rotated, sometimes not, and it depends on whether you're using an iPhone or and Android phone.

JasonEvans
10-28-2019, 05:32 PM
I'm confused... he's not wearing any jewelry.

-Jason "too soon?" Evans

cato
10-28-2019, 05:37 PM

-Jason "too soon?" Evans

He’s wearing something under his shirt.

As for the jewelry in question, I hope he still has it and gets to wear it in the company of Carolina fans.

TKG
10-28-2019, 05:44 PM

-Jason "too soon?" Evans

For Cheat fans, “jewelry “ is a euphemism for diploma!

BD80
10-28-2019, 06:35 PM
For Cheat fans, “jewelry “ is a euphemism for diploma!

Like unc fans know what a diploma is ...

weezie
10-28-2019, 08:41 PM
Lance is a gentleman. Saw him couple years ago after the MSG early season game that we lost and he was so pleasant and humble. He actually hugged me when I said we had needed him again that night.

atoomer0881
10-29-2019, 09:49 AM
Lance is a gentleman. Saw him couple years ago after the MSG early season game that we lost and he was so pleasant and humble. He actually hugged me when I said we had needed him again that night.

Yea he was beyond gracious. I asked him if he'd be at the Champions Classic next week and he looked at me and said of course. When I told him I'd be there as well, he gave me a fist pump and said he'd see me there. Again, it's the littler interactions like these that just show how much they care about the brotherhood (and by extension, the fans).