PDA

View Full Version : Coach Cut Confronts UNC Player Taunting Devils

Devilwin
10-28-2019, 07:13 AM
Coach Cut confronted a UNC player taunting our guys, pushed him away.
https://247sports.com/college/duke/Article/David-Cutcliffe-confronts-Jordan-Tucker-after-Duke-UNC-137605689/

Acymetric
10-28-2019, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure I saw much of a push (although I guess a shove from Cut probably wouldn't move that guy too far). On the one hand, I like the fire and taking up for the guys. On the other I'm not totally sure it was a great look.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-28-2019, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure I saw much of a push (although I guess a shove from Cut probably wouldn't move that guy too far). On the one hand, I like the fire and taking up for the guys. On the other I'm not totally sure it was a great look.

To my eye the state Trooper did most of the "heavy lifting" and Cut's arms just kind of went with a push motion and little contact. Not a great look, but no big deal. Obviously Tucker is a typical arrogant little Cheat sh-thead.......and he instigated it.

What's predictable is how the Cheat fan nation is out saying absurd things such as "it's Kenan Stadium and Tucker can go anywhere he wants" and so on. Cheat fan nation is nauseating.

hudlow
10-28-2019, 09:44 AM
It was a clean pick and roll.

devildeac
10-28-2019, 09:48 AM
To my eye the state Trooper did most of the "heavy lifting" and Cut's arms just kind of went with a push motion and little contact. Not a great look, but no big deal. Obviously Tucker is a typical arrogant little Cheat sh-thead...and he instigated it.

What's predictable is how the Cheat fan nation is out saying absurd things such as "it's Kenan Stadium and Tucker can go anywhere he wants" and so on. Cheat fan nation is nauseating.

The cheats have had altercations with NCSU after games, too, even if the Hat denied them, IIRC, so no surprise here. However, call the right #$% play with 1st and goal at the 2 and win the game and this is probably far less likely to happen.

Edouble
10-28-2019, 10:42 AM
I would be embarrassed if Duke players acted like that.

I would also be embarrassed if my team played in the other team's color scheme.

Or if my team cheated for 30+ years.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-28-2019, 10:49 AM
The cheats have had altercations with NCSU after games, too, even if the Hat denied them, IIRC, so no surprise here. However, call the right #$% play with 1st and goal at the 2 and win the game and this is probably far less likely to happen.

THIS^^^......if I were Cut, I'd be a lot more upset about that and some other mistakes we made.....rather than one cheating freshman getting confused as to where his no show AF AM studies class was....and showing his arse.

chrishoke
10-28-2019, 10:50 AM
I actually thought the heels were doing a fair bit of in your face taunting after catches and TDs throughout the game.

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-28-2019, 11:02 AM
I actually thought the heels were doing a fair bit of in your face taunting after catches and TDs throughout the game.
That’s a bit of an understatement.

devildeac
10-28-2019, 11:03 AM

No surprise here either. Yet another principle/example of the c*rolina way. :mad:

killerleft
10-28-2019, 11:21 AM

The video only covered the last of the episode, I think. There was more taunting, maybe, than what we saw. Coach Cut was helping to avoid an escalation of tempers, and it was a GREAT look as far as I'm concerned.

devildeac
10-28-2019, 11:32 AM
The video only covered the last of the episode, I think. There was more taunting, maybe, than what we saw. Coach Cut was helping to avoid an escalation of tempers, and it was a GREAT look as far as I'm concerned.

Thinking maybe Cut gets a public reprimand (doubt a suspension, but with that ship of fools, one never knows) from the acc office and the cheats get a plaque and/or commendation. :mad:

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-28-2019, 11:41 AM
Thinking maybe Cut gets a public reprimand (doubt a suspension, but with that ship of fools, one never knows) from the acc office and the cheats get a plaque and/or commendation. :mad:
I hear they are having rings made to commemorate the evening.

killerleft
10-28-2019, 01:39 PM

With Johnny TarHole at the helm, I guess we can't rule that out.:(

PackMan97
10-28-2019, 03:33 PM
The cheats have had altercations with NCSU after games, too, even if the Hat denied them, IIRC, so no surprise here.

It's almost as if Carolina's class (or lack there of) is the problem.

Carolina players for decades have been able to get away with things that no other athlete at Duke or State would. Remember when Greg Newton was suspended for cheating on a course? At Carolina you can plagiarize a fifth grader's report on chickens and still earn a degree. The teacher, not to long after trying to report the plagiarism found themselves no longer working at UNC but at a community college in Virginia.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/erik-highsmith-plagiarism-unc-chapel-hill_n_2016944

9f to infinity and beyond

Scorp4me
10-28-2019, 04:27 PM
This seems as good a place to ask as any. Didn't the DB take a swing at our receiver while on the ground on one of those last plays. He was sure upset over something and it looked like he took a swing, but nothing and I mean NOTHING was ever said to the point that I thought I just missed something.

killerleft
10-28-2019, 04:34 PM
This seems as good a place to ask as any. Didn't the DB take a swing at our receiver while on the ground on one of those last plays. He was sure upset over something and it looked like he took a swing, but nothing and I mean NOTHING was ever said to the point that I thought I just missed something.

Then there was the TarHole doing the rockin' the baby silliness in our DB's face after one of the touchdowns. The ref behind him just watched and did nothing. Anywhere else and that's an unsportsmanlike penalty. Didn't want a blackballin' by Swoff, I guess.

SavDukeGrad
10-28-2019, 07:06 PM

I saw that too, and mentioned it in the thread during the game and asked why no PF? I thought the DB took our receiver down away from the play, and almost looked to be choking him on the ground.

Then later, a Carolina player seemed to slam Quentin Harris to the ground after a play. Again no PF.

These two plays, to me, were in addition to the general chippiness and taunting by the Carolina players throughout the game.

weezie
10-28-2019, 08:44 PM
I would be embarrassed if Duke players acted like that.

I would also be embarrassed if my team played in the other team's color scheme.

Or if my team cheated for 30+ years.

Noble sentiments shared.

The hole really is really such a soup school.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-28-2019, 08:50 PM
...does all this mean that the cheaters will paint the victory bell a DARKER blue than it is now?

duke2x
10-28-2019, 09:26 PM
With Johnny Tar Heel at the helm, I guess we can't rule that out.:(

There are two standards in the ACC: one for North Carolina and one for everybody else. Go UVA.

weezie
10-29-2019, 07:54 AM
Article on front page suggesting ky in the ACC: let's kick the holes out and take the cat. I admit I was nauseated by the thought of it but...

Who needs the dump on the hump anymore?

The holes consistently act like fools, they've made a mockery of "academic malfeasance," they're ugly and they smell.

At least ky would fit nicely into the disdain part.

We wouldn't miss a beat.

Isn't it nice now that the whining twerps have moved to the Large Ten?

weezie
10-29-2019, 07:56 AM
... Go UVA.

And this might have to stop. I am growing more alarmed by the love for the hoo on this board.

Come on people, let's not get all cuddly with the folks in cville. Keep it decent and keep both feet on the floor!

(No insult meant to duke2x)

TruBlu
10-29-2019, 08:08 AM
Article on front page suggesting ky in the ACC: let's kick the holes out and take the cat. I admit I was nauseated by the thought of it but...

Who needs the dump on the hump anymore?

The holes consistently act like fools, they've made a mockery of "academic malfeasance," they're ugly and they smell.

At least ky would fit nicely into the disdain part.

We wouldn't miss a beat.

Isn't it nice now that the whining twerps have moved to the Large Ten?

Well, you must give the unc fans credit . . . they aren't violent.

They ARE (in addition to the items you listed): Obnoxious, blind, arrogant (for no apparent reason), stupid, wear an ugly shade of blue (usually), and tolerate and applaud cheating. But they aren't violent . . . as far as I know.

GTHC

PackMan97
10-29-2019, 09:05 AM
But they aren't violent . . . as far as I know.

GTHC

I'd really like to take the time to link to all the articles of mug shots of criminals wearing UNC apparel, but there aren't enough hours in the day.

AustinDevil
10-29-2019, 10:24 AM
And this might have to stop. I am growing more alarmed by the love for the hoo on this board.

Come on people, let's not get all cuddly with the folks in cville. Keep it decent and keep both feet on the floor!

I appreciate that we have multiple knowledgeable, polite UVa posters on this board.

I also agree with Weezie, and all I have to do is think the name "George Welsh" and it's easy to not get carried away with feeling happy thoughts towards Charlottesville.

Im4howdy
10-29-2019, 12:51 PM
I'd really like to take the time to link to all the articles of mug shots of criminals wearing UNC apparel, but there aren't enough hours in the day.

"Some of our biggest fans are in prison."

DU82
10-29-2019, 01:32 PM

UVA is my second favorite team...this week. As the t-shirt says “My second favorite team is whoever is playing Carolina.”

duke2x
10-29-2019, 11:11 PM

UVA is my second favorite team...this week. As the t-shirt says “My second favorite team is whoever is playing Carolina.”

Someone gets it, but 6 months is too recent for me to spork DU82 again. UNC has no business near any bowl outside the men's room.

budwom
10-30-2019, 09:12 AM
FWIW I seem to note that the holes are slight favorites over the Hoos, which I find to be illogical.

Devilwin
10-30-2019, 09:17 AM
Not a UVA fan at all, but they are playing those arrogant scum buckets, so yea, Go Hoos!!

CameronBlue
10-30-2019, 09:50 AM
WARNING: This board is suffering from the fish bowl effect just a bit, feeding off of each other's vitriol and amplifying our hatred of the holes to unhealthy levels.

GOOD. Crank it up to 11.

GO TO CHEATER HELL, CAROLINA, you irredeemable scum sucking coprophages. Go Hoos!

Devilwin
10-30-2019, 11:47 AM
WARNING: This board is suffering from the fish bowl effect just a bit, feeding off of each other's vitriol and amplifying our hatred of the holes to unhealthy levels.

GOOD. Crank it up to 11.

GO TO CHEATER HELL, CAROLINA, you irredeemable scum sucking coprophages. Go Hoos!

CONGRATS! For the first time since I have been here, had to look up a word I was unfamiliar with. But it certainly fits them..lol

arnie
10-30-2019, 12:02 PM
CONGRATS! For the first time since I have been here, had to look up a word I was unfamiliar with. But it certainly fits them..lol

What word(s)? Scum sucking - means UNCheat.

Devilwin
10-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Coprophages...

devildeac
10-30-2019, 06:28 PM

GOOD. Crank it up to 11.

Learn something every day.

TruBlu
10-30-2019, 09:13 PM
Learn something every day.

At my age, I still learn something new every day. Unfortunately, I forget about 20 things a day.

CameronBlue
10-30-2019, 10:15 PM
At my age, I still learn something new every day. Unfortunately, I forget about 20 things a day.

Well look on the bright side, as my wife tells me, if it weren't for my macabre sense of humor, polished by age, I'd be an insufferable boor. She tells me that a LOT now that I think about it.

budwom
10-31-2019, 01:35 PM
I wish Coach Cut would take the time to confront his offensive staff.

jv001
11-01-2019, 10:06 AM
I wish Coach Cut would take the time to confront his offensive staff.

Must spread those sporkzzz. Love Coach K but I think he is too loyal to his staff. GoDuke!

rsvman
11-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Must spread those sporkzzz. Love Coach K but I think he is too loyal to his staff. GoDuke!

I think you probably meant to say Coach Cutcliffe?

jv001
11-02-2019, 10:11 AM
I think you probably meant to say Coach Cutcliffe?

Yes, I did. Thanks for the catch. Coach Cut, Coach Cut, Coach Cut. Now maybe that will be in my head, but no promises. :cool:
GoDuke!