PDA

View Full Version : Off-season news: Jack and Javin part of Old Trinity Club, a Duke Secret Society

BlueDevil16
10-14-2019, 06:35 PM
https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2019/10/chronquiry-duke-secret-societies-trident-society-old-trinity-club

From the Duke Chronicle if you're bored and need some news before CTC this Friday.

CameronBornAndBred
10-14-2019, 08:35 PM
Loose lips!

Bob Green
10-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Loose lips!

Sink ships!

CrazyNotCrazie
10-14-2019, 10:08 PM
https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2019/10/chronquiry-duke-secret-societies-trident-society-old-trinity-club

From the Duke Chronicle if you're bored and need some news before CTC this Friday.

Perhaps it should be referred to as a "society" and not a "secret society" as it doesn't seem to be much of a secret. And having a bunch of guys who are 6-foot-6 and taller walking around in robes and sunglasses isn't a great way to keep a secret.

I had a colleague who had on his published professional bio that he was a member of a secret society at UGA. Apparently it is a really big deal. Again, how is that secret?

But then again, what do I know. As Groucho Marx said, I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Thank you, sir, may I have another.

sagegrouse
10-14-2019, 11:41 PM
Perhaps it should be referred to as a "society" and not a "secret society" as it doesn't seem to be much of a secret. And having a bunch of guys who are 6-foot-6 and taller walking around in robes and sunglasses isn't a great way to keep a secret.

I had a colleague who had on his published professional bio that he was a member of a secret society at UGA. Apparently it is a really big deal. Again, how is that secret?

But then again, what do I know. As Groucho Marx said, I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Thank you, sir, may I have another.

Having some familiarity with Old Trinity from a lo-o-o-ng time ago, it flew under the radar, only announcing members in the Chanticleer. But the membership really wasn't a secret. Reynolds Price was an early member and used to show up at the gatherings.