PDA

View Full Version : Joey Beard Is Ready to Step Up

BD80
10-10-2019, 01:17 PM
I love the title of the front page article about Joey Baker …

Weren't we just discussing players who had the longest duration between their arrival and their final season at Duke. This Joey would be in the discussion ...

szstark
10-10-2019, 01:26 PM
I don't care how many years it has been - Joey Beard is still not ready.

brlftz
10-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Poor guy does not deserve this

OldPhiKap
10-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Joey Baker: Good.

Baker Mayfield: Bad.

Curtis Mayfield: bad to the bone.

dukelifer
10-10-2019, 02:03 PM
I love the title of the front page article about Joey Baker …

Weren't we just discussing players who had the longest duration between their arrival and their final season at Duke. This Joey would be in the discussion ...

According to his Linkedin account- Joey Beard is

A motivated and personable proven leader. Talent for quickly assessing and adapting to competitive situations. Diplomatic and tactful with persons of all professions and personalities. Poised and competent with demonstrated capacity to easily transcend cultural differences. Excellent team-building skills. Fluent in Italian. Former professional basketball player, NCAA Final Four participant, McDonald’s All-American and 2013 Tough Mudder Finisher...Who Ahh!!

devildeac
10-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Joey Baker: Good.

Baker Mayfield: Bad.

Curtis Mayfield: bad to the bone.

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7VsoxT_FUY

;)

UrinalCake
10-10-2019, 02:10 PM
JJ Reddick, Sheldon Williams, Tyler Thorton, Josh Harrison, Brian Koubek, and Luke Dennard all nodded their heads slowly at that headline.

Natty_B
10-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Probably a less egregious front page error than the comment a few weeks back that Shaun Livingston would have helped vs UConn in the 2004 Final Four. I mean sure but Shaun was a senior in high school then. He was supposed to come to Duke the following year.

sagegrouse
10-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Probably a less egregious front page error than the comment a few weeks back that Shaun Livingston would have helped vs UConn in the 2004 Final Four. I mean sure but Shaun was a senior in high school then. He was supposed to come to Duke the following year.

The only thing we needed in 2004 was competent officiating.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-10-2019, 02:45 PM
The only thing we needed in 2004 was competent officiating.

We didn't even need competent.....all we really needed was "non screwage" officiating....especially Shavlik.