PDA

View Full Version : Snoop Dogg (Lion?) brought strippers and a money gun to Allen Fieldhouse.

proelitedota
10-05-2019, 03:30 AM
https://twitter.com/mswain97/status/1180304827206766596

KU Athletics: Might as well go out with a bang?

BigWayne
10-05-2019, 05:10 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2019/10/05/snoop-dogg-kansas-ad-jeff-long-apology/3877398002/

"We apologize to anyone who was offended by the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night," Long said. "We made it clear to the entertainers' manager that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show. I take full responsibility for not thoroughly vetting all details of the performance and offer my personal apology to those who were offended. We strive to create a family atmosphere at Kansas and fell short of that this evening."

Somebody's getting fired over this. After what happened at Louisville, how could anyone working in that stadium think it would be OK to set up stripper poles on the basketball court?

proelitedota
10-05-2019, 05:36 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2019/10/05/snoop-dogg-kansas-ad-jeff-long-apology/3877398002/

"We apologize to anyone who was offended by the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night," Long said. "We made it clear to the entertainers' manager that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show. I take full responsibility for not thoroughly vetting all details of the performance and offer my personal apology to those who were offended. We strive to create a family atmosphere at Kansas and fell short of that this evening."

Somebody's getting fired over this. After what happened at Louisville, how could anyone working in that stadium think it would be OK to set up stripper poles on the basketball court?

That's good on Jeff Long. Someone needs to take responsibility for this.

BD80
10-05-2019, 06:36 AM
https://twitter.com/mswain97/status/1180304827206766596

KU Athletics: Might as well go out with a bang?

The money gun is actually part of the KU defense adopted from unc: "we throw money at ALL of our students, not just recruited athletes!"

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Not smart.

Not classy.

Not a big deal.

OldPhiKap
10-05-2019, 07:10 AM
Not smart.

Not classy.

Not a big deal.

Jayhawks.

YmoBeThere
10-05-2019, 07:11 AM
Not a big deal.

Fo' shizzle. What did they think they were going to get by inviting Snoop? Mary Poppins?

HereBeforeCoachK
10-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Fo' shizzle. What did they think they were going to get by inviting Snoop? Mary Poppins?

Uh, timing is everything. This was realllllly bad timing. Fo shizzle.

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-05-2019, 07:35 AM
I heard next year they’re bringing in Luther Campbell and 2 Live Crew as part of their continuing series dedicated to 90s Rappers Who Ain’t Dead Yet And Will Play Any Gig.

Also, from an ESPN article, hilariously tone deaf promotion of the performance...

To promote Snoop Dogg's performance, Kansas last week produced a video with Self (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27715334/bill-self-sports-adidas-shirt-kansas-promo-video) wearing a shirt with a large "Adidas Basketball" logo and a chain with a "$" sign.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-05-2019, 07:52 AM
I heard next year they’re bringing in Luther Campbell and 2 Live Crew as part of their continuing series dedicated to 90s Rappers Who Ain’t Dead Yet And Will Play Any Gig.

Also, from an ESPN article, hilariously tone deaf promotion of the performance...

Okay that Adida$ is funny.

quahog174
10-05-2019, 08:17 AM

Snoop Phogg

cspan37421
10-05-2019, 08:20 AM
Not smart.

Not classy.

Not a big deal.

Burma Shave

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Well,Snoop puts it best:

"When you pay for Snoop Dogg, you gonna get Snoop Dogg."

Snoop defends KU show: 'Had the time of my life' https://es.pn/2OwiWra
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Acymetric
10-09-2019, 09:57 AM
None of this is that bad, although certainly inappropriate for what is theoretically a family event.

FWIW for anyone just going off of the thread title, the money gun was shooting out fake money (with Snoop's face on it), not real cash.

Bet the players and recruits loved it. Probably worth the outrage.

flyingdutchdevil
10-09-2019, 11:16 AM
None of this is that bad, although certainly inappropriate for what is theoretically a family event.

FWIW for anyone just going off of the thread title, the money gun was shooting out fake money (with Snoop's face on it), not real cash.

Bet the players and recruits loved it. Probably worth the outrage.

In the whole scheme of things, not a big deal. I'd love Snoop to do that at Duke, but I highly doubt Duke would ever allow such a thing.

The issue is the violations KU just received. When that happens, TAKE A LOW PROFILE!!!!!!! Holy hell, the admin just isn't smart.

left_hook_lacey
10-09-2019, 11:34 AM
In the whole scheme of things, not a big deal. I'd love Snoop to do that at Duke, but I highly doubt Duke would ever allow such a thing.

The issue is the violations KU just received. When that happens, TAKE A LOW PROFILE!!!!!!! Holy hell, the admin just isn't smart.

And they compounded the issue by saying they didn't realize this would be in the show. You lose credibility on both sides of the argument when you do that.

Acymetric
10-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Pretty sure this won't have any bearing on the NCAA violations.

Supposedly Kansas was clear that the show should be "clean" (no profanity or overly sexual content) and Snoop basically just decided "nah that ain't my style".

This is slightly embarrassing for Kansas because there are some upset parents, but otherwise not much of a big deal.

devildeac
10-09-2019, 01:41 PM
The Jayhawk Way?

:rolleyes:

flyingdutchdevil
10-09-2019, 02:32 PM
The Jayhawk Way?

:rolleyes:

I think that's the Louisville way.

The Jayhawk way is either starting fights, paying players, or paying players to start fights.

UrinalCake
10-09-2019, 04:48 PM
And they compounded the issue by saying they didn't realize this would be in the show. You lose credibility on both sides of the argument when you do that.

That's the issue for me - not the fact that the show happened but that the administration claimed they had no idea it would happen. Pleading ignorance as a defense is insufficient IMO, although to be fair it is very effective when used against the NCAA so I don't blame them.

moonpie23
10-09-2019, 10:46 PM

this all day long........what the hey? who thought snoop dog even HAD a "clean" version of the show? this is hilarious....