PDA

View Full Version : ACC Players of the Week; Jack and Koby

roge054
09-30-2019, 01:29 PM
Congrats guys. Great job.

DukieInKansas
09-30-2019, 01:34 PM
Can someone correct the spelling to Koby?

Thank you in advance.

Congratulations to both Blue Devils.

sagegrouse
09-30-2019, 01:34 PM
Congrats guys. Great job.

Players of the Week for Week Five:

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN – Jack Wohlabaugh, Duke, Jr., C, Akron, Ohio
Wohlabaugh spearheaded a Duke offense that produced 45 points, 24 first downs and 422 total yards In Friday night’s 45-10 win at Virginia Tech • The Blue Devils committed zero turnovers, surrendered zero sacks and converted 7 of 14 third-down snaps • Wohlabaugh opened holes for a rushing attack that compiled 234 yards on 41 attempts (5.7 yards per rush) and three touchdowns while allowing just four total negative yards on the night • He also provided protection for a Duke passing game that completed 21 of 28 pass attempts (.750) for 188 yards and three touchdowns while not surrendering a sack for the third straight game.

LINEBACKER – Koby Quansah, Duke, Sr., LB, Manchester, Conn.
Quansah had a game-high 13 tackles, a fumble recovery, a half-sack and a pass breakup in the Blue Devils’ 45-10 win at Virginia Tech • His fumble recovery in the second quarter led to Duke’s first touchdown, which jump-started a run of 31 unanswered points for the Blue Devils • He led a Duke defense that limited Virginia Tech to 259 yards of total offense after the Hokies entered the week averaging 27.7 points and 398.3 total yards per game • Virginia Tech went just 4 of 12 (.333) on third-down conversions after entering the week leading the ACC with a .522 third-down conversion rate • He helped stymie a Virginia Tech aerial game into 8 of 20 passing for 120 yards and only two completions of more than 10 yards.

dukie’s_daughter
09-30-2019, 01:50 PM
I realize I’m not exactly unbiased, but I think Quentin’s out-performed the chosen quarterback(s) on more than one occasion. Hoping he can earn it and be recognized next Monday!!