PDA

View Full Version : NBA Player Heights and Ages Must Be Certified

sagegrouse
09-28-2019, 10:39 AM
From the NY Times and other media outlets, teams must certify heights via a physician and ages via legal documents for each player during the first week of training camp.

The listed heights of N.B.A. players have long been widely considered more art than science, but the league notified teams this week that they are required to certify and submit each player’s height and age within the first week of training camp, according to four people familiar with the new policy.

Sparked by the league’s determination to emphasize “the integrity of information” it disseminates publicly, front offices were informed that player heights must be certified by a team physician and their ages confirmed via the submission to the league office of a driver’s license or passport, according to the people, who were not authorized to discuss the procedural changes publicly.

About time.

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-28-2019, 10:44 AM
I suspect we may see a lot of shrinkage... :cool:

BD80
09-28-2019, 11:17 AM

Not KD, he's gonna grow 3" over his listed 6' 9"

fuse
09-28-2019, 11:32 AM

George was in the pool!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

rocketeli
09-28-2019, 12:04 PM
I'm sure no "team physician" would be influenced by any star player's idea's on how tall he should be. (sarcasm alert.) If they really wanted accurate heights for some bizarre reason, they should have some other team's medical staff measure the players.

camion
09-28-2019, 12:45 PM
I'm sure no "team physician" would be influenced by any star player's idea's on how tall he should be. (sarcasm alert.) If they really wanted accurate heights for some bizarre reason, they should have some other team's medical staff measure the players.

And they need a standardized the NBA cinder block.

Kdogg
09-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Not KD, he's gonna grow 3" over his listed 6' 9"

He can always pull a Tim Duncan. Duncan did everything he could to keep his listed height below 7” because he didn’t want to listed as a center.

JasonEvans
09-28-2019, 02:18 PM
If they had this rule when Sir Charles was playing anyone want to guess what the Round Mound of Rebound would have checking in at? I say 6-3 maybe 6-4. Dude understood positioning on rebounds better than anyone since Moses Malone.

AGDukesky
09-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Yes! Listing players’ height “w shoes” is one of my biggest pet peeves- hope this trickles down to AAU...

luvdahops
09-28-2019, 03:20 PM
If they had this rule when Sir Charles was playing anyone want to guess what the Round Mound of Rebound would have checking in at? I say 6-3 maybe 6-4. Dude understood positioning on rebounds better than anyone since Moses Malone.

I have frequently heard Barkley’s true height quoted as 6’4 3/4. Not sure whether that is with or without shoes though.

BD80
09-28-2019, 04:02 PM
I have frequently heard Barkley’s true height quoted as 6’4 3/4. Not sure whether that is with or without shoes though.

Standing or lying down?

dudog84
09-28-2019, 04:13 PM
George was in the pool!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEnKLhi83J8

JayZee
09-28-2019, 06:22 PM
What will be the most surprising numbers?

Boogie said that he was 6’7” which seems really short to me. Everyone thinks KD is 7 or 7’1”. I’m guessing Zion is 6’5”. I think there will be a number of 6’6” guys go to 6’3”, 6’4”.

And I agree that it’s about time.

johnb
09-29-2019, 06:54 AM
He can always pull a Tim Duncan. Duncan did everything he could to keep his listed height below 7” because he didn’t want to listed as a center.

Closer to home, rumor had it that Laettner shaved off an inch or 2 in order to be seen as a 6’11” athlete rather a lumbering 7 footer.