PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Jim Sumner

Bob Green
11-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Your DeMarcus Nelson article is excellent. Thank you very much! As I mention about a thousand times per season, DN is my favorite Blue Devil. I'm excited for his prospects during his Senior season and hope he flourishes. The uptempo game plan will play to his strengths and if he conquers the free throw shooting challenge he could easily be an All-ACC selection as a Senior.

sagegrouse
11-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Do I remember that you were out to sea just a few months ago? Is your retirement very recent?

sagegrouse

johnb
06-19-2019, 09:58 AM
Okay, I'm 12 years late on thanking Jim Sumner for that particular DeMarcus Nelson article, but I did want to thank him for today's NBA draft article. It was another chance to celebrate Zion, but it was also another chance to put Zion into a collage with so many other Duke greats. Not many writers would try to put such folks into perspective, but Jim does so repeatedly--I always learn something and enjoy doing so. Thanks!

OldPhiKap
06-19-2019, 10:29 AM
Jim provides incredible content, and always presents it in wonderful prose. I always enjoy his writings and comments, and we are lucky to have his contributions here.

Thanks, Jim!

du_bb1
06-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Jim provides incredible content, and always presents it in wonderful prose. I always enjoy his writings and comments, and we are lucky to have his contributions here.

Thanks, Jim!

Totally agree-Jim is a gift to all of us !

Thank You sir

jimsumner
06-19-2019, 11:45 AM
I appreciate the kind words.

Hingeknocker
06-19-2019, 12:24 PM
While Jim's contributions are legendary in any decade, let's not overlook the opportunity to marvel at the necro-bump achieved here. Huge round of applause to johnb, for setting a standard we all should hope to match some day.

OldPhiKap
06-19-2019, 12:25 PM
While Jim's contributions are legendary in any decade, let's not overlook the opportunity to marvel at the necro-bump achieved here. Huge round of applause to johnb, for setting a standard we all should hope to match some day.

Necro-bumping is illegal in Georgia, just so y’all know.

SkyBrickey
06-19-2019, 01:42 PM
Ditto. Thanks Jim. Always enjoy reading your insightful pieces.

left_hook_lacey
06-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Necro-bumping is illegal in Georgia, just so y’all know.

Nah, just got to have a permit or work at a research University.

fidel
06-19-2019, 03:41 PM
Actually, a pretty cool thing to be necro-bumped 12 years later for another thanks. Jim must be doing something right!

And yes, thanks Jim!

Indoor66
06-19-2019, 04:49 PM
Actually, a pretty cool thing to be necro-bumped 12 years later for another thanks. Jim must be doing something right!

And yes, thanks Jim!

Either doing something right or the last necro did not take....

jv001
06-20-2019, 08:57 AM
Like most on DBR, I love to read Jim's posts. My favorites are the posts from the way back past. As my memory is not what it used to be, Jim brings back games, players and coaches that I grew up watching and reading about. Thanks Jim for the fine work you do here.

I'm just waiting for an article or post about the Musial, Mantle, Mays, Aaron and Williams baseball days. I believe that was the greatest baseball era or all time. Yeh, no DH in the NL. :cool:

GoDuke!

wsb3
06-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Thank you Jim for all your articles and posts. I really enjoy it when you write articles like you did recently about the 87 team. How pivotal a year that was? Just one example of your recent writings.

OldPhiKap
06-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Someone please go ahead and calendar an unearthing of this time capsule again in 2031. For the children.