PDA

View Full Version : FB Bowl Predictions 2019/20

CameronBornAndBred
09-16-2019, 03:15 PM
The first look far, far into the future is up, and Brett McMurphy sees us getting Sunny in El Paso against Arizona State.

Which of course would be a rematch of 2014.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/brett-mcmurphys-college-football-bowl-projections-after-week-3/ar-AAHnSYD?li=BBnbfcL#page=2

CameronBornAndBred
09-29-2019, 06:16 PM
A couple updates from the ESPN prognosticators have us still heading back to the Sun Bowl, and the other has us heading back to NYC for the Pinstripe.

Regardless of if/where we go, we're halfway there.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27727342/college-football-bowl-projections-week-5

Reilly
09-29-2019, 06:51 PM
... we're halfway there ...

And we are 1/3 of the way to 9-3 ... and 1/3 of the way through the season ... and Charlie Ham is on the team (and traveled to Blacksburg) ....

CameronBlue
09-29-2019, 07:39 PM
A couple updates from the ESPN prognosticators have us still heading back to the Sun Bowl, and the other has us heading back to NYC for the Pinstripe.

Regardless of if/where we go, we're halfway there.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27727342/college-football-bowl-projections-week-5

I like those projections though, matched up against Southern Cal in one and Nebraska in the other. Now that feels like real football relevancy.

Reilly
10-06-2019, 08:02 PM
South Carolina in Nashville ...

Southern Cal in El Paso ...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27780939/college-football-bowl-projections-week-6

YmoBeThere
10-06-2019, 09:21 PM
If we go to El Paso, I'll be there.

OldPhiKap
10-06-2019, 09:35 PM
If we go to El Paso, I'll be there.

Sun Bowl is great, Hep G from the Juarez tattoo notwithstanding.

Beautiful setting, welcoming people.

budwom
10-07-2019, 08:33 AM
Beating GT is an absolute must to get to any bowl...I'd say our bowl chances are about 50-50 right now...maybe 60-40 if I have more coffee...I think we should be very competitive with unc, Miami and Syracuse, but (at this point) see us as pretty big under dogs to ND and VA, and modest under dog to Wake...

CameronBornAndBred
10-14-2019, 08:40 AM
One ESPN guy says Pinstripe still (vs Nebraska), the other has us in Orlando vs Iowa State. (Camping World)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27835820/college-football-bowl-projections

SoCalDukeFan
10-14-2019, 11:51 AM
For these.

How about run the table, upset Clemson, and Orange Bowl.

SoCal

arnie
10-14-2019, 12:00 PM
For these.

How about run the table, upset Clemson, and Orange Bowl.

SoCal

Didn’t you mean upset Wake Forest after losing to them in regular season?🤗

Reilly
10-14-2019, 02:09 PM
CU 6-0

------------------

ND 5-1
WF 5-1

DU 4-2
VA 4-2
PT 4-2
LV 4-2
ST 4-2

VT 4-2*

UM 3-3
NC 3-3
FS 3-3
BC 3-3
SU 3-3

GT 1-5

* = 2 FCS wins

ACC Bowl Affiliations

Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl – Dec. 23, 2:30 p.m., ESPN

Walk-On's Independence Bowl – Dec. 26, 4:15 p.m., ESPN
Quick Lane Bowl – Dec. 26, 8 p.m., ESPN

New Era Pinstripe Bowl – Dec. 27, 3:20 p.m., ESPN
Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman – Dec. 27, Noon, ESPN

Camping World Bowl – Dec. 28, Noon, ABC
Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic - Dec. 28, 2 p.m., ESPN

Capital One Orange Bowl - Dec. 30, 8 p.m., ESPN
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl – Dec. 30, 4 p.m., ESPN
SERVPRO First Responder Bowl – Dec. 30, 12:15 or 12:30 p.m., ESPN
Capital One Orange Bowl – Dec. 30, 8 p.m., ESPN

Belk Bowl – Dec. 31, Noon, ESPN
Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl - Dec. 31, TBD, CBS

Citrus Bowl – Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC

Birmingham Bowl – Jan. 2, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl – Jan. 2, 7 p.m., ESPN

http://theacc.com/sports/2019/4/24/FB_0424195142.aspx

Papa John
10-14-2019, 02:52 PM
Beating GT is an absolute must to get to any bowl...I'd say our bowl chances are about 50-50 right now...maybe 60-40 if I have more coffee...I think we should be very competitive with unc, Miami and Syracuse, but (at this point) see us as pretty big under dogs to ND and VA, and modest under dog to Wake...

As a lifelong ND fan, their win against USC was underwhelming and showed some problems emerging, particularly in the middle of their D. That said, I agree we'll likely be big dogs against them. But right now it feels like we're a relatively even matchup with everyone else on the schedule—beating any of them wouldn't surprise me, but neither would losing to any of them.

arnie
10-14-2019, 04:36 PM
As a lifelong ND fan, their win against USC was underwhelming and showed some problems emerging, particularly in the middle of their D. That said, I agree we'll likely be big dogs against them. But right now it feels like we're a relatively even matchup with everyone else on the schedule—beating any of them wouldn't surprise me, but neither would losing to any of them.

You’re probably right, but Syracuse seems weakest team left. I think if we played today, we’d be a TD favorite.

Reilly
10-14-2019, 10:46 PM
UF in Charlotte: https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcmurphys-college-football-bowl-projections-after-week-7-10-14-2019/

YmoBeThere
10-15-2019, 06:23 AM
UF in Charlotte: https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcmurphys-college-football-bowl-projections-after-week-7-10-14-2019/

A 9-10 win Florida in the Belk Bowl? I don't see it.

Reilly
10-15-2019, 08:18 PM
A 9-10 win Florida in the Belk Bowl? I don't see it.

It seems the Belk is one of the SEC's "pool of six" ... first comes the CFP, then maybe a NY6 bowl, then Citrus ... then there are six ostensibly the same level and Belk is in there. I trust McMurphy more than any other CFB writer to know what might transpire. 'Bama, LSU, Georgia, and Auburn all may be better than UF, so UF would fall into the "pool of six"

https://www.secsports.com/article/18165241/bowl-selection-process

SEC BOWLS
CITRUS BOWL
(Orlando, FL) vs . Big 10 (or ACC) January 1, 2020 – 1 p .m . ET – ABC
After the CFP selection process the Citrus Bowl gets the first selection of available SEC
Teams .

POOL OF SIX BOWLS:

After the Citrus Bowl selects a team, there will be a pool of six bowls and the Conference, in consultation with the institutions and the bowls, will make the assignments for
these six bowl games from all eligible SEC teams.

The pool of six bowls are as follows:

Texas Bowl (Houston, TX) vs . Big 12 – December 27 – 6:45 p .m . ET – ESPN
Belk Bowl (Charlotte, NC) vs . ACC – December 31 – Noon ET – ESPN
Music City Bowl (Nashville, TN) vs . ACC/Big Ten – December 30 – 4 p .m . ET – ESPN
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jacksonville, FL) vs . Big Ten/ACC – Jan . 2 – 7 p .m . ET – ESPN
Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN) vs . Big 12 – December 31– 3:45 p .m . ET – ESPN
Outback Bowl (Tampa, FL) vs . Big 10 – January 1 – 1 p .m . ET – ESPN

BOWLS AFTER THE POOL OF SIX:

Birmingham Bowl
(Birmingham, AL) vs . American – January 2 – 3 p .m . ET – ESPN

The Birmingham Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl and the Pool of Six Bowls
(Outback Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty
Bowl) .

Independence Bowl
(Shreveport, LA) vs . ACC – December 26– 4 p .m . ET – ESPN

The Independence Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl, the Pool of Six (Outback
Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl) and
the Birmingham Bowl

Stray Gator
10-15-2019, 08:57 PM
It seems the Belk is one of the SEC's "pool of six" ... first comes the CFP, then maybe a NY6 bowl, then Citrus ... then there are six ostensibly the same level and Belk is in there. I trust McMurphy more than any other CFB writer to know what might transpire. 'Bama, LSU, Georgia, and Auburn all may be better than UF, so UF would fall into the "pool of six" . . .

The Independence Bowl selects after the CFP, Citrus Bowl, the Pool of Six (Outback Bowl, TaxSlayer Bowl, Music City Bowl, Texas Bowl, Belk Bowl and Liberty Bowl) and the Birmingham Bowl

Don't forget that in addition to the CFP and the Citrus Bowl, but before they fall to the "pool of six," SEC teams with strong records could be selected to play in the Sugar Bowl (traditionally the destination of the SEC runner-up), the Fiesta Bowl (where LSU played last year), and the Peach Bowl (where Florida played last year). It's possible that the Gators could land in the Belk Bowl; but if they finish among the top six teams in the SEC, and certainly if they can manage to win 9 or 10 games against their schedule, I wouldn't expect them to fall that far down the list.

Reilly
10-15-2019, 09:27 PM
Don't forget that in addition to the CFP and the Citrus Bowl, but before they fall to the "pool of six," SEC teams with strong records could be selected to play in the Sugar Bowl (traditionally the destination of the SEC runner-up), the Fiesta Bowl (where LSU played last year), and the Peach Bowl (where Florida played last year). It's possible that the Gators could land in the Belk Bowl; but if they finish among the top six teams in the SEC, and certainly if they can manage to win 9 or 10 games against their schedule, I wouldn't expect them to fall that far down the list.

Right -- McMurphy has 'Bama in the CFP, LSU in the Sugar, Georgia in the Cotton, and Auburn in the Citrus ... next stop is your pool of six. I don't know all the NY6 tie-ins and rules, but I think that there are enough such that if 1 SEC team goes to the CFP, then there will not be 5 other SEC teams in that Sugar, Cotton, etc. marquee tier. In other words, if you're 5th or 6th in the SEC, it's hello Charlotte or Nashville or Jacksonville.

Stray Gator
10-15-2019, 09:36 PM
Right -- McMurphy has 'Bama in the CFP, LSU in the Sugar, Georgia in the Cotton, and Auburn in the Citrus ... next stop is your pool of six. I don't know all the NY6 tie-ins and rules, but I think that there are enough such that if 1 SEC team goes to the CFP, then there will not be 5 other SEC teams in that Sugar, Cotton, etc. marquee tier. In other words, if you're 5th or 6th in the SEC, it's hello Charlotte or Nashville or Jacksonville.

You're leaving out potential slots in the Fiesta Bowl and the Peach Bowl, both of which line up ahead of the pool of six and included SEC teams last year; and even within that pool of six, the top remaining SEC team is most likely destined for Tampa.

Reilly
10-15-2019, 10:01 PM
You're leaving out potential slots in the Fiesta Bowl and the Peach Bowl, both of which line up ahead of the pool of six and included SEC teams last year; and even within that pool of six, the top remaining SEC team is most likely destined for Tampa.

The Fiesta and Peach are the CFB playoff semifinal slots. 'Bama to one of those.

Stray Gator
10-15-2019, 10:13 PM
The Fiesta and Peach are the CFB playoff semifinal slots. 'Bama to one of those.

Of course, I was looking at last year's lineup. For this season, you could swap those two for the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl as potential slots for SEC teams not in the CFP, along with the Sugar Bowl (which takes the SEC runner-up) and the Citrus Bowl.

Reilly
10-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Of course, I was looking at last year's lineup. For this season, you could swap those two for the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl as potential slots for SEC teams not in the CFP, along with the Sugar Bowl (which takes the SEC runner-up) and the Citrus Bowl.

Right -- and McMurphy accounted for all that, by picking LSU to the Sugar and UGA to the Cotton and Auburn to the Citrus ... which possibly leaves no place for even a high-achieving UF team but the pool of six which includes the Belk.

Who are you going to displace to give UF a slot?

Championship – Jan. 13 (CFP semifinal winners)
Projection: Alabama vs. Ohio State

Semifinals
Peach Bowl – Dec. 28 (CFP semifinal)
Projection: Alabama (CFP No. 1) vs. Clemson (CFP No. 4)

Fiesta Bowl – Dec. 28 (CFP semifinal)
Projection: Ohio State (CFP No. 2) vs. Oklahoma (CFP No. 3)

New Year’s 6 bowls

Rose Bowl – Jan. 1 (Big Ten vs. Pac-12)
Projection: Wisconsin vs. Oregon

Sugar Bowl – Jan. 1 (Big 12 vs. SEC)
Projection: Texas vs. LSU

Orange Bowl – Jan. 1 (ACC vs. SEC/Big Ten/Notre Dame)
Projection: Wake Forest vs. Notre Dame

Cotton Bowl – Dec. 28 (at-large vs. Group of 5*)
Projection: Georgia vs. Boise State*

Other Bowls

Citrus Bowl – (Big Ten vs. SEC)
Projection: Michigan vs. Auburn

You cannot displace a WFU or Boise St due to other selecting rules.

Stray Gator
10-16-2019, 05:17 PM
Right -- and McMurphy accounted for all that, by picking LSU to the Sugar and UGA to the Cotton and Auburn to the Citrus ... which possibly leaves no place for even a high-achieving UF team but the pool of six which includes the Belk.

Who are you going to displace to give UF a slot?

Championship – Jan. 13 (CFP semifinal winners)
Projection: Alabama vs. Ohio State

Semifinals
Peach Bowl – Dec. 28 (CFP semifinal)
Projection: Alabama (CFP No. 1) vs. Clemson (CFP No. 4)

Fiesta Bowl – Dec. 28 (CFP semifinal)
Projection: Ohio State (CFP No. 2) vs. Oklahoma (CFP No. 3)

New Year’s 6 bowls

Rose Bowl – Jan. 1 (Big Ten vs. Pac-12)
Projection: Wisconsin vs. Oregon

Sugar Bowl – Jan. 1 (Big 12 vs. SEC)
Projection: Texas vs. LSU

Orange Bowl – Jan. 1 (ACC vs. SEC/Big Ten/Notre Dame)
Projection: Wake Forest vs. Notre Dame

Cotton Bowl – Dec. 28 (at-large vs. Group of 5*)
Projection: Georgia vs. Boise State*

Other Bowls

Citrus Bowl – (Big Ten vs. SEC)
Projection: Michigan vs. Auburn

You cannot displace a WFU or Boise St due to other selecting rules.

Let's back up to the post that launched this discussion, which posited: "A 9-10 win Florida in the Belk Bowl? I don't see it." At present, Florida has lost one game, to LSU, but has a win over Auburn. If you're projecting Georgia and Alabama and LSU to be the top 3 teams from the SEC, then I think it's unlikely that Auburn, which still has to play all three of those teams, would finish ahead of Florida. Of course, it's possible that Florida loses two more games, while Auburn finishes with only two losses by beating two of LSU and Georgia and Alabama. Even if that happens and Florida falls to the "pool of six," however, I doubt that the Gators with a 10-2 or 9-3 record would end up in Charlotte at the Belk Bowl, unless the Belk Bowl gets to select its teams before the Outback Bowl in Tampa or the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl in Jacksonville.

These projections, like those posted by media commentators, are all a matter of speculation. In college football, unexpected things can and often do happen. Like the poster to whom you initially responded, I don't foresee a Florida team that manages to finish with 9 or 10 wins playing in the Belk Bowl; but if the cards fall a certain way, it's possible.

Reilly
10-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Let's back up to the post that launched this discussion, which posited: "A 9-10 win Florida in the Belk Bowl? I don't see it." At present, Florida has lost one game, to LSU, but has a win over Auburn. If you're projecting Georgia and Alabama and LSU to be the top 3 teams from the SEC, then I think it's unlikely that Auburn, which still has to play all three of those teams, would finish ahead of Florida. Of course, it's possible that Florida loses two more games, while Auburn finishes with only two losses by beating two of LSU and Georgia and Alabama. Even if that happens and Florida falls to the "pool of six," however, I doubt that the Gators with a 10-2 or 9-3 record would end up in Charlotte at the Belk Bowl, unless the Belk Bowl gets to select its teams before the Outback Bowl in Tampa or the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl in Jacksonville.

These projections, like those posted by media commentators, are all a matter of speculation. In college football, unexpected things can and often do happen. Like the poster to whom you initially responded, I don't foresee a Florida team that manages to finish with 9 or 10 wins playing in the Belk Bowl; but if the cards fall a certain way, it's possible.

I agree the projections are a matter of speculation. I've found, from watching over the years, that Brett McMurphy knows more than most and takes the projections seriously and is quite informed.

With respect to your statement about the Belk/Outback/Gator picking first ... the link in one of the posts above says the Conference, in consultations with the bowls and the schools, places the teams. So, it's a negotiated something or other and not a case of one picking before another, it seems.

Perhaps I was misinterpreting the post that launched the discussion -- I was reading between the lines to interpret the post as saying, in effect, "there's no way a top 10-ish SEC team with 9-10 wins ends up in the Belk Bowl (or something similar)." And I'm simply pointing out that due to the number of terrific SEC teams, and due to the NY6 tie-ins where an ACC team will be in the Orange Bowl and a Group of 5 team will be in a NY6 bowl yada yada, it seems there *will* be a situation where a top 10-ish SEC team with 9+ wins is pushed down to that next tier.

Here are the current espn power rankings and projected wins:

#1 Alabama - 11.9 projected wins
#4 LSU - 10.6 projected wins
#6 UGA - 9.8 projected wins
#10 Auburn - 9.0 projected wins
#12 UF - 9.4 projected wins

Not everybody is going to New Orleans (or something equivalent).

devildeac
10-16-2019, 09:18 PM
I agree the projections are a matter of speculation. I've found, from watching over the years, that Brett McMurphy knows more than most and takes the projections seriously and is quite informed.

With respect to your statement about the Belk/Outback/Gator picking first ... the link in one of the posts above says the Conference, in consultations with the bowls and the schools, places the teams. So, it's a negotiated something or other and not a case of one picking before another, it seems.

Perhaps I was misinterpreting the post that launched the discussion -- I was reading between the lines to interpret the post as saying, in effect, "there's no way a top 10-ish SEC team with 9-10 wins ends up in the Belk Bowl (or something similar)." And I'm simply pointing out that due to the number of terrific SEC teams, and due to the NY6 tie-ins where an ACC team will be in the Orange Bowl and a Group of 5 team will be in a NY6 bowl yada yada, it seems there *will* be a situation where a top 10-ish SEC team with 9+ wins is pushed down to that next tier.

Here are the current espn power rankings and projected wins:

#1 Alabama - 11.9 projected wins
#4 LSU - 10.6 projected wins
#6 UGA - 9.8 projected wins
#10 Auburn - 9.0 projected wins
#12 UF - 9.4 projected wins

Not everybody is going to New Orleans (or something equivalent).

Fats, is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1z45jVlM34

Devilwin
10-18-2019, 06:28 AM
" The hen is the wisest animal in Creation, for she never cackles til the egg is laid." A.Lincoln

Fun to speculate, but a bit early to be handing out bids..lol:cool:

budwom
10-18-2019, 08:17 AM
" The hen is the wisest animal in Creation, for she never cackles til the egg is laid." A.Lincoln

Fun to speculate, but a bit early to be handing out bids..lol:cool:

Indeed...I think it will be a real accomplishment to get to six wins this year....it's not going to be easy. winning at least one of the next two is pretty critical, but i'm not confident about the UVA game at all...i think CFN hits the nail pretty much on the head:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/10/virginia-vs-duke-fearless-prediction-game-preview-2019

Papa John
10-19-2019, 03:34 PM
Indeed...I think it will be a real accomplishment to get to six wins this year...it's not going to be easy. winning at least one of the next two is pretty critical, but i'm not confident about the UVA game at all...i think CFN hits the nail pretty much on the head:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/10/virginia-vs-duke-fearless-prediction-game-preview-2019

I think we get to 6 by beating Syracuse and Miami. To me, the question is whether (and how far) we can get beyond 6. I think Wake, UNC, and UVa are pretty even match ups, but ND is likely a loss.

Reilly
10-20-2019, 10:46 AM
espn fpi rank / SRS rank / Sagarin rank - TEAM - current record (projected wins per espn)

3/3/4 - CU - 7-0 (12.7)

45/34/44 - WF - 6-1 (8.6)

----------------------------------

11/10/12 - ND - 5-1 (10.1)

30/33/31 - VA - 5-2 (8.8)
55/45/45 - PT - 5-2 (8.0)
71/89/71 - VT - 5-2 (6.7)*

50/44/50 - DU - 4-3 (6.1)
60/49/61- LV - 4-3 (6.2)
68/70/72- BC - 4-3 (5.2)
69/82/75 - ST - 4-3 (5.8)

36/41/42 - FS - 3.4 (6.1)
39/40/48 - NC - 3-4 (6.3)
41/59/54 - UM - 3-4 (5.8)
66/58/64 - SU - 3-4 (4.9)

100/112/89 - GT - 2-5 (3.2)

* = 2 FCS wins

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2019-ratings.html

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Right now, espn FPI is predicting 9 ACC teams will reach the 6 wins (w/ only one FCS win) necessary:

CU 12+

ND 10+

VA 8+
WF 8+
PT 8

NC 6+
LV 6+
DU 6+
FS 6+

Left out: GT, Syr, Mia, State, BC, VT

Bottom line: beat the hell out of Carolina, and all is right in the Duke football world ...

Reilly
10-21-2019, 08:57 PM
Duke/Auburn in Charlotte: https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcmurphys-college-football-bowl-projections-after-week-8-10-21-2019/

budwom
10-22-2019, 06:20 AM
Unless the offense gets a major infusion of energy juice and logic, we'll be watching bowls on TV...

Reilly
10-23-2019, 08:32 PM
Yahoo: Duke/KY in Charlotte: https://sports.yahoo.com/bowl-projections-a-familiar-college-football-playoff-field-132333423.html

duke2x
10-23-2019, 10:17 PM
I'm not confident we will see the Belk Bowl given the large number of state schools projected at 6-6, but I will cheer for that outcome so I can go. I can only hope that the ACC Network would consider pushing our BC basketball start time back past 6:00 so I can attend both.

I think you can cross the following bowl destinations off our list:
Tampa (12/23). We are not required to go here because exams end on 12/18.
Indy (12/26). 2018. We would be passed over unless we are the default last pick.
Detroit (12/26). 2017. See Indy Bowl.
All NY6 and NYD. 3 losses should leave us on the outside looking in.

That leaves the following:
Orlando (12/28). This is a long shot as it's the 2nd pick for the ACC/ND.
All "Tier I": This is still a stretch at 7-5, but we would be candidates for all 4, including the Sun Bowl. GRRRRRREEAT! Music City is technically supposed to pick ACC, but they are allowed to swap with the Gator/Tax.

DC (12/27). They don't like us for some reason even though DC is a top 5 alumni base and halfway between #1 and #2. They passed over Daniel Jones last year for a Nothingbowl. :(
Dallas SERVPRO (12/30) or Birmingham (1/2). I think one of these is our likely destination at 5-7/6-6/even 7-5.

Reilly
10-23-2019, 10:42 PM
... Dallas SERVPRO (12/30) or Birmingham (1/2). I think one of these is our likely destination ...

Is SERVPRO in the mix for this 2019 season? This indicates in mix in 2020: https://www.firstresponderbowl.com/news/2019/7/11/acc-announces-bowl-agreements-for-2020-25

This indicates not in 2019: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_NCAA_football_bowl_games

This one is confusing, as SERVPRO is not on the graphic or the first list, but does make it into second list: http://theacc.com/sports/2019/4/24/FB_0424195142.aspx

HereBeforeCoachK
10-24-2019, 07:46 AM
Unless the offense gets a major infusion of energy juice and logic, we'll be watching bowls on TV...

...and we will know that with several weeks left to play.....

Reilly
10-27-2019, 11:54 AM
CBS: Cincy/Duke in Birmingham Jan 2 -- https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Reilly
10-27-2019, 07:25 PM
espn: Navy/Duke - Tampa - December 23 at 2:30 pm

espn: Nebraska/Duke - Detroit - December 26 at 8 pm (later than last Detroit trip)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27940064/college-football-bowl-projections

duke2x
10-27-2019, 10:15 PM
Is SERVPRO in the mix for this 2019 season? This indicates in mix in 2020: https://www.firstresponderbowl.com/news/2019/7/11/acc-announces-bowl-agreements-for-2020-25
This indicates not in 2019: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_NCAA_football_bowl_games
This one is confusing, as SERVPRO is not on the graphic or the first list, but does make it into second list: http://theacc.com/sports/2019/4/24/FB_0424195142.aspx

espn: Navy/Duke - Tampa - December 23 at 2:30 pm

I got SERVPRO from your post above. :D ESPN doesn't spend much time with these, but I stick to my point about Tampa and finals.

The ACC could have 7-8 teams at 6-6, which probably breaks down as follows for us:
Run the table at 8-4 (5-3) is DC or higher.
7-5 Birmingham with a chance of something higher.
6-6 Birmingham, non-ACC Bowl, or none.
5-7 None. I don't think 5-7 goes bowling this year based on the FBS standings.

Devilwin
10-28-2019, 06:55 AM
I think 6-6 is going to be the best we can do, and that may be hard to accomplish. I don't see us beating ND or Wake, and that being the case we cannot afford a slip up against Miami or Syracuse. We could very easily lose all four games.:eek:

HereBeforeCoachK
10-28-2019, 07:43 AM
I think 6-6 is going to be the best we can do, and that may be hard to accomplish. I don't see us beating ND or Wake, and that being the case we cannot afford a slip up against Miami or Syracuse. We could very easily lose all four games.:eek:

Before the season there was a lot of talk on DBR that we could go anywhere between 9-3 and 3-9......because so many matchups were toss ups. In that group were VT, NC and Pitt. Well we're 1-2 in those games and 0-2 in close games. If we can't figure out how to win close ones, 4-8 is indeed a possibility.

duke2x
10-28-2019, 09:21 PM

I think we've got a better chance against Wake than Miami. The talent difference is significant, Wake could easily be 3-4 instead of 6-1 (to their credit), and I hope we might be motivated after last year's game. 1-3 is my prediction right now, however.

Reilly
10-28-2019, 10:47 PM
McMurphy: Duke/Nebraska in Detroit https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcmurphys-college-football-bowl-projections-after-week-9-10-28-2019/

budwom
10-29-2019, 09:29 AM
McMurphy: Duke/Nebraska in Detroit https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcmurphys-college-football-bowl-projections-after-week-9-10-28-2019/

Undoubtedly Randle McMurphy :)

throatybeard
10-29-2019, 12:48 PM

I'd take that in a second.

Acymetric
10-29-2019, 12:51 PM

I'd take that in a second.

Agreed. I would like to get a P5 bowl opponent again, especially against a somewhat down but still big name opponent.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Agreed. I would like to get a P5 bowl opponent again, especially against a somewhat down but still big name opponent.

I don't think we're going....so yeah, I'd take Nebraska, or ANYONE really.

Reilly
11-03-2019, 08:40 AM
CU 12.8

ND 9.2
WF 9.0

VA 8.7

PT 7.7
UM 7.1

LV 6.9
VT 6.8*
NC 6.1
------------------------
DU 5.9
BC 5.9
FS 5.6
ST 5.3

SU 3.8

GT 2.9

* - needs 7 (has two FCS wins)

Reilly
11-04-2019, 07:40 PM
espn: Illini in Detroit - https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27999026/college-football-bowl-projections

mcmurphy: Navy in B'ham - https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcmurphys-college-football-bowl-projections-after-week-10-11-04-2019/