PDA

View Full Version : New Uniform Alert!

Native
09-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Good God, they're beautiful! (https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2019/09/duke-mens-basketball-new-uniform-throwback?ct=content_open&cv=cbox_latest)

DavidBenAkiva
09-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Good God, they're beautiful! (https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2019/09/duke-mens-basketball-new-uniform-throwback?ct=content_open&cv=cbox_latest)

Did you see the golden tab on the back of the collar? A Kentucky fan on reddit noted that UK has the same kind of tab on their jerseys this year, too. It seems to be a Nike thing.

I love that little bit of gold on the jersey. Blue and white is a little too basic, if I am being honest. We've dabbled in black with mediocre results. I think a golden pinstripe on the side panel or embroidered around the Iron D would do a lot to make the jersey pop.

https://i.imgur.com/c0EoqPg.jpg

HereBeforeCoachK
09-11-2019, 09:47 PM
always liked those thick pipes down the side....of course, liked them better in the darker blue.....

El_Diablo
09-11-2019, 10:12 PM
The slits on the front of the shorts look janky. Otherwise I like the overall look.

msdukie
09-11-2019, 10:12 PM
I (and likely many of us) have been waiting for 15 years for this, Duke's return to its traditional jerseys. The biggest changes from the traditional jerseys is that the waistband colors are flipped (which is really a mix of the opposite color 1980-93 waistbands and the 94-04 (05 for the white jerseys)) and there is additional trim around the legs which is not very noticeable and matches the armhole and waistband trim instead of just being an extension of the piping down the jersey. Again, these are BEAUTIFUL.

As for the gold tab, it has the Iron Duke D (WITH THE BALL AND HOOP!!!) on it. Nike has redone it's Elite markings this year to put them in line with the tabs added to the NBA jerseys with teams who won championships 2 years ago. The gold tab is for the Platinum Elite teams (won title as Nike school), the silver tab is for Silver Elite teams (Final 4 as Nike school). This replaces the medallion that was on the neckline.

Edouble
09-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Slits make it look like the junior high girls soccer team shorts.

Gold trim is awful. Great that they acknowledge our natty(ies) but could they do so within the correct complimentary color scheme?

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-11-2019, 10:40 PM
The slits on the front of the shorts look janky. Otherwise I like the overall look.
Agreed. It’s weird looking.

msdukie
09-11-2019, 11:09 PM

Duke (and virtually every other Nike team) has had these slits on all of their shorts since 2016 and the introduction of the Nike Vapor template.

AZLA
09-11-2019, 11:10 PM
always liked those thick pipes down the side...of course, liked them better in the darker blue....

I'm warming to the modern throw back feel. I'm with you on the coloring. The original dark blue would work well with these. The new blue is fine I suppose. Overall they do look... sporty. The gold tag kind of reminded me of the gold trim at Cameron. I went back and looked at those curious slits at angled at the front of the shorts -- and they do seem a little skirt-ish as some others have alluded -- but i'm sure some Nike marketing guru got the product designer to make up some athletic wangjangle test that they concluded the parts align with the predominant angle of the quad lifting forward when jumping, enabling the natural bio-kinetic movement of a basketball player blah blah... when we all know they moved those forward as not to mess with the logo on the side and (b) people like us will talk about it on social and...

Argh... suckered again!

mkirsh
09-11-2019, 11:23 PM
What's old is new again. I'm a fan

weezie
09-11-2019, 11:37 PM
I'm a bit hesitant on the gold tab but otherwise I think they're swell.

SCMatt33
09-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Duke (and virtually every other Nike team) has had these slits on all of their shorts since 2016 and the introduction of the Nike Vapor template.

I think the issue is that the notch in the shorts does not appear to be parallel to the striping of the side panel. Looking at the all white template from last year (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zion_Williamson#/media/File%3AZion_Williamson_Duke_(cropped).jpg), the notch and side panel striping appear to be parallel, which gives a cleaner look, imo.

EDIT: I’m having trouble being able to tell for sure looking at it further, because the new one does look parallel when it’s being modeled, the close up of the shorts does not look parallel, so clearly there’s a camera angle issue with one of them. I do think in any case that the additional contrast of a colored side panel causes it to to be more noticeable and the thicker striping on the side panel may contribute to it appear to be more stiff than last year’s template, which I also think contributes to it

wilson
09-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Holy moly, not a stitch of black. I think I'm going to cry.

throatybeard
09-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Holy moly, not a stitch of black. I think I'm going to cry.

Praise Jesus of Nazareth.

The funny thing is this was the year I finally threw up my hands and bought Nike Cortez in black/royal blue.

rsvman
09-12-2019, 01:11 PM
The gold thing is so-so to me, but you have to remember that it's a reminder to us and to other teams that we have won the National Championship.

flyingdutchdevil
09-12-2019, 01:29 PM
The gold thing is so-so to me, but you have to remember that it's a reminder to us and to other teams that we have won the National Championship.

Is that what it is? Do teams who've won a natty only get the gold trim? Is that like Champions League/World Cup winners getting a star above the country/club logo?

If so, that is fantastic.

DavidBenAkiva
09-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Is that what it is? Do teams who've won a natty only get the gold trim? Is that like Champions League/World Cup winners getting a star above the country/club logo?

If so, that is fantastic.

My understanding is that teams that have won a National Title as a Nike school will receive a golden tab. Teams that have made it to the Final Four as a Nike school will receive a silver tab and then something else, like the team color, for everyone else.

CrazyNotCrazie
09-12-2019, 02:43 PM
My understanding is that teams that have won a National Title as a Nike school will receive a golden tab. Teams that have made it to the Final Four as a Nike school will receive a silver tab and then something else, like the team color, for everyone else.

Competing brands could just start putting gold tabs on all uniforms to devalue the prestige of that.

Overall, I am generally happy with the uniforms. I am a traditionalist who became a Duke fan in the 80s so the closer we are to those uniforms, the better (though no need to revert to short shorts).

DevilYouKnow
09-12-2019, 03:28 PM
A little reminiscent of the '94-'95 unis.

So, a tad worried.

Tripping William
09-12-2019, 03:32 PM

So, a tad worried.

Way, way, way too soon.

Acymetric
09-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Competing brands could just start putting gold tabs on all uniforms to devalue the prestige of that.

Overall, I am generally happy with the uniforms. I am a traditionalist who became a Duke fan in the 80s so the closer we are to those uniforms, the better (though no need to revert to short shorts).

Seems like that would just look/be perceived as tacky on the part of whatever schools ended up with that. Not sure it would actually devalue anything.

DU82
09-12-2019, 06:43 PM

So, a tad worried.

How? There’s no “shoulder pads” on this, looks like almost any other year.

DavidBenAkiva
10-22-2019, 11:32 AM
The internet sleuths are at it again. A Nike Instagram account posted a picture of a Duke uniform that you can purchase, which largely or completely resembles the one that Duke wore at the PK80 tournament in 2017-18. Might this be a sneak-peak at one of the Final 4 designs we will see this year?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHfC9DEX0AEGJ50?format=jpg&name=large

fuse
10-22-2019, 02:07 PM
Duke basketball twitter put out a graphic on the new uniforms and also a suggestion that Duke may have up to six different uniforms this season, with some clues ahead of future reveals.

wilson
10-22-2019, 02:25 PM
I loathe it. A lot. Too monochrome except for the dreaded scourge of black. The chevron side panels look like a Mario-Kart accelerator.
To reiterate, I hate this greatly.

duke96
10-22-2019, 02:30 PM
I loathe it. A lot. Too monochrome except for the dreaded scourge of black. The chevron side panels look like a Mario-Kart accelerator.

Couldn't agree more.

Nugget
10-22-2019, 02:40 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Me, too. Didn't see any need to mess with perfection.

http://bluedevilnation.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/grant-hill.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/sneakerhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/grant-hill-air-force-max-560x670.jpg?resize=560%2C670

wilson
10-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Me, too. Didn't see any need to mess with perfection.

http://bluedevilnation.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/grant-hill.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/sneakerhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/grant-hill-air-force-max-560x670.jpg?resize=560%2C670I'm in full agreement that the early '90s unis were the pinnacle of Blue Devil style.
Especially in the OAD, we're all (increasingly) just rooting for laundry, so what happens when I hate the laundry with growing frequency?:rolleyes:

duke79
10-22-2019, 03:10 PM

I don't know if I would use the word "hate" but I DO strongly dislike this uniform. I agree - way too monochrome (and boring) and the "Duke blue" seems to be slightly off shade to me (but it may be the photo?). I would definitely vote for the early 90's uniforms.

HereBeforeCoachK
10-22-2019, 03:56 PM
I don't know if I would use the word "hate" but I DO strongly dislike this uniform. I agree - way too monochrome (and boring) and the "Duke blue" seems to be slightly off shade to me (but it may be the photo?). I would definitely vote for the early 90's uniforms.

It's main redeeming quality is to make us appreciate the old school look...back when Duke blue was, well, Duke blue, and back when none of the Cheats uniforms were darker than any of our uniforms....AND GET OFF MY LAWN too! :cool:

rocketeli
10-22-2019, 06:49 PM

so it's not just my browser that made the uniforms at the blue-white game look a bit off color--more a of slate blue shading--than before?

rsvman
10-22-2019, 07:38 PM

But, but, but, but.... Mario Kart accelerators rule!

msdukie
10-23-2019, 12:27 AM
The internet sleuths are at it again. A Nike Instagram account posted a picture of a Duke uniform that you can purchase, which largely or completely resembles the one that Duke wore at the PK80 tournament in 2017-18. Might this be a sneak-peak at one of the Final 4 designs we will see this year?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHfC9DEX0AEGJ50?format=jpg&name=large

I doubt the this is an actual Duke uniform for this year, as it just looks like a Nike catalog team builder template, based mostly off of the PK80 uniform. But you never know.

DavidBenAkiva
10-23-2019, 08:57 AM
I doubt the this is an actual Duke uniform for this year, as it just looks like a Nike catalog team builder template, based mostly off of the PK80 uniform. But you never know.

It looks almost exactly like the PK80 uniform with some slight differences. As far as I can tell, the main differences are that the slit in the shorts moved to the side and it lacks the usual American flag/ACC crest on the left collar.

I would like this better if the chevrons and Nike swoosh were white instead of black. Maybe it was just an errant post by Nike, selling a jersey from 2 seasons ago.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/90/fd/d6/90fdd6a360cec9ccc25b97cbe7597bc1.jpg

Durham Blue Devil
11-08-2019, 02:01 PM
New uniform with gold trim. Not a huge fan...

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1192872672016756736?s=20 Duke Basketball (@DukeMBB) Tweeted:
Because Coach K made Duke Blue the Gold Standard

#TheDukeReveal (3/6) 🐐🔵👿 https://t.co/ZeFfTHW3Ty

devildeac
11-08-2019, 02:10 PM
New uniform with gold trim. Not a huge fan...

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1192872672016756736?s=20 Duke Basketball (@DukeMBB) Tweeted:
Because Coach K made Duke Blue the Gold Standard

#TheDukeReveal (3/6) 🐐🔵👿 https://t.co/ZeFfTHW3Ty

Which is why it's called 24K gold...

Amirite?

:o;)

wilson
11-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Ugh. Gaudy and unnecessary.
Our school colors are blue and white, full stop. No gold, no black, no grey or putty or concrete or whatever that stuff is called.
Just ugh.

Hingeknocker
11-08-2019, 02:32 PM
I'm definitely not a fan of these jersey reveals themselves. I get the slick social media videos look cool, but it's like they go out of their way to make it impossible to get a look at what the actual jersey itself looks like.

I'm guessing we see these debuted tonight? If so, I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll look good in actual basketball use.

TKG
11-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Please bring back the traditional all grey uniform......

jv001
11-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Please bring back the traditional all grey uniform...

Shirts and Skins, :cool: GoDuke!

WiJoe
11-08-2019, 05:20 PM
Ugh. Gaudy and unnecessary.
Our school colors are blue and white, full stop. No gold, no black, no grey or putty or concrete or whatever that stuff is called.
Just ugh.

Totally agree. Sadly, we are in extremely small minority.

TKG
11-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Shirts and Skins, :cool: GoDuke!

Hey, now....

luvdahops
11-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Totally agree. Sadly, we are in extremely small minority.

Indeed. Clearly swimming upstream these days, but I am adamantly opposed to uniform proliferation generally, and to hokey adjuncts like the weekly "uniform reveal". Especially for well established programs and brands like our own. We should be above it....

86devils
11-09-2019, 03:27 AM
Indeed. Clearly swimming upstream these days, but I am adamantly opposed to uniform proliferation generally, and to hokey adjuncts like the weekly "uniform reveal". Especially for well established programs and brands like our own. We should be above it...

Yes, yes, a thousand times YES! I just do not understand why the university has allowed the Athletic Department to hijack our official school color - DUKE BLUE - and turn it into some god-awful gaudy electric Kentucky-wannabe royal blue. Oh wait, of course I understand - the Athletic Department is now the de facto marketing arm of the university. I was around in late 80s and early 90s to see firsthand the effects the men’s basketball team’s success had in solidifying Duke as not just a very good regional school, but as a nationally recognized “elite” university. And that, of course, spurred significant increases in applications/selectivity, alumni donations, and the wildly successful capital campaigns that have fueled so much of the growth in facilities, technology, financial aid, strength/reputation of faculty, etc.

But I still don’t get why the Athletic Department prefers this faux Duke Blue to the actual one. Is it because it shows up more brightly on HDTVs? Because it seemed to me that the color change pretty much coincided with the point when HDTVs became much more affordable & accessible. Is is because the faux blue sells better to the masses, despite the fact that I find it tacky and unflattering to most people? (Which reminds me of another peeve that I’ll mention here but leave the full discussion for another day: why are 95% of the Duke shirt designs so bad, and so “aggressive” - does everything have to feature 4” tall lettering, as if the wearer is screaming their allegiance to Duke?)

Has their ever been any attempt to question why Duke Blue seems to be fading into something that at times seems almost indistinguishable from the seemingly ever-darkening color of that school down 15-501? Any grumbling from the Iron Dukes or any other groups that one would expect to care about traditions? Is there any hope of ever reversing this sickening trend (I truly felt sick to my stomach earlier tonight when I saw the heinous gray/royal/gold unis the team was wearing. They looked as though they’d been washed in polluted water. I’m all for honoring Coach K’s 40th anniversary on the bench but, good grief!, can’t we do it with something that has some class to it?)

One last note in my epic gripe about the laundry: does anyone else from the 80s and possibly early 90s remember the stickers that were distributed by Alumni Affairs that were about 4”x6”, were “true” Duke Blue and read in white letters, “This Is Duke Blue”? Mine seems to have disappeared somewhere along the past four or so decades, but I’d love to get my hands on another one. Maybe I’ll just have to have some made for myself.

And yes, get the hell off of my lawn.

NYBri
11-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Didn’t like the way the unis looked on the TV machine.

devildeac
11-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Didn’t like the way the unis looked on the TV machine.

They were as grotesque/hideous in person, too.

DevilHorse
11-09-2019, 11:10 AM
They were as grotesque/hideous in person, too.

I had to check to see if I was watching the right game. Then I was wondering who was playing on Coach K Court.
Thumbs down to these Unis.

Auction them on ebay for charity, never to be seen again.

Larry
DevilHorse

Edouble
11-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Surely there is a better way to honor Coach K than with these ugly, uninspiring, disappointing threads.

We look like we dug up some old, tarnished UCLA uniforms.

sagegrouse
11-09-2019, 11:35 AM
But I still don’t get why the Athletic Department prefers this faux Duke Blue to the actual one.

As I understand it, when Duke signed with Nike, Nike asked if it could make and sell shirts, etc. in two colors -- the traditional Duke Prussian blue and PMS 287. The brighter blue outsold the traditional colors. I like the traditional color because it is more fearsome on the athletic fields and courts. Pantone 287 is too bright and cheerful, especially when grumpy old me is wearing it. But money talks!

86devils
11-11-2019, 12:01 PM
As I understand it, when Duke signed with Nike, Nike asked if it could make and sell shirts, etc. in two colors -- the traditional Duke Prussian blue and PMS 287. The brighter blue outsold the traditional colors. I like the traditional color because it is more fearsome on the athletic fields and courts. Pantone 287 is too bright and cheerful, especially when grumpy old me is wearing it. But money talks!

Thanks for the explanation Sagegrouse, though it only serves to confirm my suspicions that Duke has sold its soul to Nike. I agree that Pantone 287 is too bright and too “peppy” - it cheapens the look of our uniforms and definitely lacks the imposing quality of a darker shade. Even worse, it appears to me that recent uniforms and even the refinished Coach K Court have veered more toward Pantone 286 than 287. I much prefer the “original” Duke Blue, as described in a 1965 memo from the Subcommittee on Academic Gowns to Pres. Knight as “neither royal nor Yale, but Prussian blue" (citation avail upon request). To my eye, Pantone colors 281|C and 288-C match that description much better than 287-C. Of course, there are literally thousands of Pantone colors, so I’m sure one could find a dozen or more equally better suited than Nike Blue. But I know I stand here among only a few like-minded souls yelling into the abyss.

devildeac
11-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the explanation Sagegrouse, though it only serves to confirm my suspicions that Duke has sold its soul to Nike. I agree that Pantone 287 is too bright and too “peppy” - it cheapens the look of our uniforms and definitely lacks the imposing quality of a darker shade. Even worse, it appears to me that recent uniforms and even the refinished Coach K Court have veered more toward Pantone 286 than 287. I much prefer the “original” Duke Blue, as described in a 1965 memo from the Subcommittee on Academic Gowns to Pres. Knight as “neither royal nor Yale, but Prussian blue" (citation avail upon request). To my eye, Pantone colors 281|C and 288-C match that description much better than 287-C. Of course, there are literally thousands of Pantone colors, so I’m sure one could find a dozen or more equally better suited than Nike Blue. But I know I stand here among only a few like-minded souls yelling into the abyss.

Great chart. Don't see any gold and/or gray on there...

86devils
11-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Coach K Court pre- and post-2014

Just had to post this comparison. That’s it, I’m done now.

blazindw
11-11-2019, 12:54 PM
I'm one of the ones that didn't mind the gray jerseys the other night and, as you've heard on the podcast, I LOVE the blue and white uniforms.

And, for those who have been on Fanatics lately, they've been selling this jersey for a couple months now. I would think we will see this jersey either in NYC for the 2K Classic or on the road at the Breslin Center.

DavidBenAkiva
11-11-2019, 02:23 PM
I'm one of the ones that didn't mind the gray jerseys the other night and, as you've heard on the podcast, I LOVE the blue and white uniforms.

And, for those who have been on Fanatics lately, they've been selling this jersey for a couple months now. I would think we will see this jersey either in NYC for the 2K Classic or on the road at the Breslin Center.

That looks about as good as the black jerseys can get. I enjoy them as an occasional choice for the road. I can't recall who said it, either RJ or Zion, that something like "we wear black on the road because it is a funeral for the other team," but that was such a great quote. I expect that we'll see the black road jerseys a lot this season and for the next few years.

If I had to guess, one of the final 2 jerseys will be a white-out version and then one more all-blue or blue dominant jersey that we'll see at the Empire Classic.

Pghdukie
11-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Hopefully Duke will be back to the traditional home whites tonight. I also dislike the grays.

Bomar
11-13-2019, 12:45 PM
5a, 5c.

But always 9f. :)

Coballs
11-13-2019, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know whether the grey unis will be appearing all year or for just a few early season games? I don't mind them being worn at neutral site venues like MSG, but at Cameron the only colors that should be worn are blue and white.

sagegrouse
11-13-2019, 01:18 PM

Thanks 86. Thanks. And in my view, if the world-famous Duke basketball team can wear gray "practice jerseys" as game uniforms, we should at least have a Prussian-blue alternative for our football and other teams. Seriously!

On a different topic, it seems odd that so few major college programs have blue as their dominant color. Thinking off-hand, there are the three above, Penn State, Yale (must be mentioned for historical reasons), UNC (yeah, I know, powder blue, but they also have navy blue as an official color). That's five of the teams in the Power Five conferences.

Bunch of P-5 schools have blue and orange -- UVa, Auburn, Florida, Illinois -- or blue and gold -- Notre Dame, Michigan, Cal-Berkeley, UCLA. Ole Miss is "Yale blue and Harvard crimson" I believe.

I am sure there are significant lacunae in my rambling comments.

flyingdutchdevil
11-13-2019, 01:38 PM
Hopefully Duke will be back to the traditional home whites tonight. I also dislike the grays.

I love the grays!

My theory:

If you're over 45, you hate the grays.

If you're 30-45, you tolerate the grays but kinda like the whites and blues

If you're under 30, you think the grays bring this baller vintage look

unclsam1
11-13-2019, 01:40 PM
Downright ugly and painful to watch.

Edouble
11-13-2019, 01:51 PM
I love the grays!

My theory:

I'm in the 30-45 range and I hate them.

HereBeforeCoachK
11-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Downright ugly and painful to watch.

I agree....maybe 1,2 times a year they are tolerable...but not in a week.

And I'd like to go back to the darker blues while we're at it! Heck, the cheats have a football uni combo that's DARKER BLUE than Duke's stuff. It ain't right, by either group....

Now move out of the way, time to get the 430 special at Golden Corral....

moonpie23
11-13-2019, 02:15 PM
they look like practice unis

Chicago 1995
11-13-2019, 02:27 PM
46 and I like them a lot. Nice to see something different.

Bay Area Duke Fan
11-13-2019, 02:35 PM
they look like practice unis

Practice uniforms that someone forgot to wash.

wilson
11-13-2019, 02:41 PM
I love the grays!

My theory:

I'm in the 30-45 range and I hate them.Same. WHY would we intentionally choose an ensemble that looks drab and disconnected from our actual school colors, tradition, identity, etc.? Gray is such an anodyne color that it doesn't even qualify as an interesting change of pace. It's just wan and boring and dumb.

CrazyNotCrazie
11-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Gray was horrible. Please stick to blue and white. Keep it Simple Stupid. I can tolerate black, though I don't really like it. My pre-teen son, who would theoretically be the target audience for the gray, also thought it was horrible. Can you picture Grant Hill, Christian Laettner or Johnny Dawkins in gray? I don't think so.

Teton Jack
11-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Feel like I'm watching Georgetown or something. Classic blue and white is always, well, classic.

Edouble
11-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Same. WHY would we intentionally choose an ensemble that looks drab and disconnected from our actual school colors, tradition, identity, etc.? Gray is such an anodyne color that it doesn't even qualify as an interesting change of pace. It's just wan and boring and dumb.

Anodyne and insipid.

I would rather the gold be the main color with some deep blue and gray trim.

That might make us looks like "Wow, this is Duke, a force to be reckoned with!" Gray is tired and not scary/intimidating.

MulletMan
11-13-2019, 03:32 PM
Am I the only one that thought the grey unis might have had something to do with Veteran's Day? That was my natural assumption when I turned the game on last Friday. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Also, hello to everyone! Enjoy the season!

SavDukeGrad
11-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Am I the only one that thought the grey unis might have had something to do with Veteran's Day? That was my natural assumption when I turned the game on last Friday. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Also, hello to everyone! Enjoy the season!

I initially thought the same thing, especially when I saw the inscription.

But the dukembb Instagram account called them the Coach K tribute uni: blue for Duke, grey for West Point, and gold for USAB and West Point.

Reddevil
11-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Let the Seahawks have the pale grey and blue and insipid green/yellow look. Nice tribute I guess, but I would rather see the black uniforms over grey. Simple White and Blue from now on please. (Well over 45)

moonpie23
11-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Practice uniforms that someone forgot to wash.

practice unis that someone forgot to wash and then forgot to get them up so the team wouldn't wear them for a real game...

curtis325
11-13-2019, 05:20 PM
Gray was horrible. Please stick to blue and white. Keep it Simple Stupid. I can tolerate black, though I don't really like it. My pre-teen son, who would theoretically be the target audience for the gray, also thought it was horrible. Can you picture Grant Hill, Christian Laettner or Johnny Dawkins in gray? I don't think so.

Duke is undefeated in the gray unis!

chrishoke
11-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Duke is undefeated in the gray unis!

They are also undefeated naked. :D

oldbailey
11-13-2019, 09:08 PM
Can’t stand the grays. I watched the whole game last night wishing for a bucket of bleach.

nmduke2001
11-13-2019, 09:12 PM
After they said that the gray was to honor West Point, it made them tolerable for me.

Pghdukie
11-13-2019, 10:18 PM
I was feeding my 8 month old son today. When his food came back up on his bib - he yelled out "Gray shirts made me do this". I rest my case, and pass the Tide this way.

devildeac
11-13-2019, 10:38 PM

Match with white or a black stripe/chevron or two but no grey or gold. I'm fine with a one time tribute to West Point but school colors are school colors; not gray/yellow/orange/pink/UPS brown/neon green. Blue. White.

Edouble
11-13-2019, 11:04 PM
Does the West Point basketball team have blue uniforms to honor one of their most distinguished alumnus, Coach K, this season?

gep
11-13-2019, 11:52 PM
I totally like the pure white with blue (only) trim. Yes, I'm old, past all those "brackets" of ages. When we were watching the game, the Mrs. thought that the gray was a result of the TV broadcast... and the uni's were actually white. Go figure...:cool: And... the "actual Duke Blue" with white (only) trim. Yes, I did say I was old.

DUKIECB
01-11-2020, 02:09 PM
Oh my...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7MGbGKJPZ-/?igshid=172pt7u7jdd94

These are straight fire!!! 🔥🔥🔥 Old school baby!

Hingeknocker
01-11-2020, 02:13 PM
Oh my...

I gasped when I saw them. Dare I say...best uniforms we've ever had?

TKG
01-11-2020, 02:13 PM
Now THAT is Duke Blue. Cannot wait to see them tonight!

Native
01-11-2020, 02:16 PM
Perfect balance between freshness and nostalgia.

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-11-2020, 02:25 PM
Goosebumps.

TKG
01-11-2020, 02:33 PM
Now, if Nike will just stop. They have achieved perfection.

devildeac
01-11-2020, 02:39 PM
Oh my...

Can't wait to see it in Duke *gray*.:rolleyes:

(shudders)

fuse
01-11-2020, 02:48 PM
I know we’ve worn “not white” at home (or at least I think so- grey, black,...).

Have we ever worn blue on home court before today?

Uniforms look great. Guessing something similar in white will debut later this season.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-11-2020, 03:00 PM
A return to the true Duke Blue! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif And it looks like we're wearing them at home tonight! Although I'm sure a white version with the Gothic Duke lettering would look just as sweet! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

jv001
01-11-2020, 03:09 PM
Oh my...

Now that's what I'm talking about. :cool:

GoDuke!

budwom
01-11-2020, 03:14 PM
oh my, the Brotherhood logo alone will produce a town wide thrombosis in Chapel Hill...gotta love it.

msdukie
01-11-2020, 03:20 PM
I know we’ve worn “not white” at home (or at least I think so- grey, black,...).

Uniforms look great. Guessing something similar in white will debut later this season.

Blue was the standard home uniform until sometime in the late 40s/early 50s.

brlftz
01-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Sporks for whoever posts all those text messages.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-11-2020, 04:01 PM
Now THAT is Duke Blue. Cannot wait to see them tonight!

THIS^^^^^^^^^

budwom
01-11-2020, 04:12 PM
but are they lucky?

Rich
01-11-2020, 04:28 PM
Two things - First, sucks that I don’t have ACCN because I’d love to see those uniforms in action! Second, whatever you think about Jay Bilas as an announcer, you’re crazy if you don’t think he’s committed to Duke and K and The Brotherhood.

Utley
01-11-2020, 04:46 PM
The Zion of uniforms. Love these!

Also love the Brotherhood staying in touch - great use of social media

TKG
01-11-2020, 04:49 PM
great use of social media

My goodness do we seem to have that mastered....

weezie
01-11-2020, 05:04 PM
Wwwoooo gimme that stuff!
Love love love it!

El_Diablo
01-11-2020, 05:21 PM
Are the only current official jerseys that are available anywhere the standard white #3 and the standard blue #1? Those seem to be the only options I have been able to find.

Blue KevIL
01-11-2020, 07:30 PM

Since the introduction of the Black uniforms against St. Joseph (W 89-60) on 11/20/1996 at Cameron, Duke has worn White uniforms for every game at Cameron except for three games in Grey uniforms [Maryland (W 73-55) on 02/11/2012, Colorado State (W 89-55) on 11/08/2019, and Central Arkansas (W 104-54) on 11/12/2019]. This will be the first game at Cameron in Blue uniforms in the Black uniform era.

Reddevil
01-11-2020, 08:12 PM
I didn't see these coming.
These uniforms are beautiful.
I would love for these to be the normal road unis!

Avvocato
01-11-2020, 08:24 PM
I guess I’ll be that guy who’s not a big fan of these uniforms. But whatever. To each their own. As long as they work.

CameronDuke
01-11-2020, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know if the jerseys Duke is wearing tonight are being sold anywhere? I’ve checked and can’t find anywhere they’re being sold. Would love to give myself an early birthday gift!

Thanks in advance.

grossbus
01-11-2020, 08:34 PM
THIS is Duke Blue! Love!!

Tappan Zee Devil
01-11-2020, 10:24 PM
THIS is Duke Blue! Love!!

Yes!!

This is what I remember for the late 60s

BlueDevil16
01-11-2020, 10:33 PM
Surprised the Duke athletics blue is different than the academics blue. Never really thought of it before. Wonder if some of these jerseys will be on DHGate or if the University will sell some.

wsb3
01-11-2020, 10:37 PM
Yes!!

I was thinking that but I was just a kid and I don't trust my memory.

Dukehk
01-11-2020, 10:40 PM
The jerseys they wore today were beautiful.

Anyone know where you can get one?

OZZIE4DUKE
01-11-2020, 11:40 PM
You can bet your bippy that Duke and Nike are going to sell the new jerseys. And very soon. $$$

Bluedog
01-11-2020, 11:50 PM
Loved the jerseys tonight. I hadn't seen this post and once I finally got a stream on my computer it was a bit jarring to see us in dark unis being the home team at first but love the design. Looked almost black on my screen but I guess it's Navy. A bit more royal blue would be even better, but hey, I gotta admit those were some of my favorites ever.

Second, whatever you think about Jay Bilas as an announcer, you’re crazy if you don’t think he’s committed to Duke and K and The Brotherhood.

I agree. However, while Jay is absolutely committed to Duke, K, and the Brotherhood as clearly evidenced by these videos and his continued involvement in the program, he is ALSO very biased against Duke and for Carolina when he provides commentary on the games. No idea how he manages to do this seemingly paradoxical Jedi knight double agent stuff, but he does...So, yeah, I don't think it's contradictory to acknowledge both things being true.

Finally, super mad props to Dave Bradley and Duke's social media team on that video. Man, they really kill it and I don't think most of us truly appreciate how important that team has been for recruiting and creating a brand/image/perception for a broader base as well. Truly remarkable.

CameronBornAndBred
01-12-2020, 12:46 AM
Loved the jerseys tonight. I hadn't seen this post and once I finally got a stream on my computer it was a bit jarring to see us in dark unis being the home team at first but love the design. Looked almost black on my screen but I guess it's Navy. A bit more royal blue would be even better, but hey, I gotta admit those were some of my favorites ever.

I hadn't followed this thread before going to the game tonight so they were a surprise to me, and in person my first thought was that they were black, too. They are definitely a deep, dark blue though. I also loved the simple Tees that the guys were wearing over the jerseys. A perfect combo.

budwom
01-12-2020, 09:40 AM
Yes!!

My recollection could clearly be wrong, but the Duke Blue I think I recall from the late sixties was definitely lighter in shade than the navy blue we saw last night, but clearly much darker than the current iteration...

flyingdutchdevil
01-12-2020, 10:15 AM
...are they available for sale? And where do you buy them?

CameronDuke
01-12-2020, 11:20 AM

Yes, if someone finds out the answer to this question many of us have, please share with us! I am itching to get one of the throwbacks Duke wore last night!

Stray Gator
01-12-2020, 11:27 AM
My recollection could clearly be wrong, but the Duke Blue I think I recall from the late sixties was definitely lighter in shade than the navy blue we saw last night, but clearly much darker than the current iteration...

You're right, budwom -- the color of blue that Duke wore in the late 60s, when we were undergrads, was about halfway between the darker shade of navy in the uniforms worn last night and the more recent lighter iteration of royal blue in Duke's road uniforms (which is the same shade painted on the court in Cameron). It's actually close to the blue that was used in the traditional Duke "shield."

nmduke2001
01-12-2020, 11:32 AM
Designed by Nolan!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-duke-university/college/duke/basketball/jack-white-nolan-designed-brotherhood-jerseys

budwom
01-12-2020, 12:50 PM
You're right, budwom -- the color of blue that Duke wore in the late 60s, when we were undergrads, was about halfway between the darker shade of navy in the uniforms worn last night and the more recent lighter iteration of royal blue in Duke's road uniforms (which is the same shade painted on the court in Cameron). It's actually close to the blue that was used in the traditional Duke "shield."

ah yes, that is the color.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-12-2020, 03:12 PM
Why is it that given all the uniform permutations of the last 20 odd years, everyone's varying tastes and interests, THIS is something we all agree on?

Those unis looks amazingly classic and modern at the same time. The color feels right, finally (count me as not a fan of grey/black/ever-lighter-blue).

Nice job.

jv001
01-12-2020, 10:35 PM

Yes, I have the Duke shield which I purchased at the Duke bookstore many years ago and it's very close to the unis Duke wore last night. Great catch Stray. GoDuke!

HereBeforeCoachK
01-13-2020, 06:22 AM

I agree with this assessment. I wasn't an undergrad in the late 60s, but I have tiny child memories of that time, barely...and to me, the blue didn't seem to change up through the 90s....IIRC, that's the same blue - the one you described - that Duke was wearing, say, when Laettner hit the shot and so on. Is that your memory too?

duke96
01-13-2020, 08:27 AM
This video about the new uniforms is a great watch. Terrific to see how the former players still rally for these things.

https://twitter.com/dukembb/status/1216065160772603904?s=21

ricks68
01-13-2020, 11:24 AM
Now, all we need are the shorts from the 60's! Whoa!

(Verga, I think, wouldn't have looked as good with today's styles.)

ricks

mkirsh
01-13-2020, 12:46 PM
Personally I love the new uniforms, and want to get my hands on one of the t-shirts the players were wearing on the bench ASAP!

I am FAR from an expert here, but I personally think the uniforms from Saturday were actually darker than the traditional Duke prussian blue. My experience with Duke basketball only dates to the mid 80s, so I don't have the historical context of what was worn before that, but I believe the blue used in the Dawkins-Ferry-Laettner period before Nike was Pantone 280 (https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/280-C), while current uniforms are a shade lighter at Pantone 287 (https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/287-C). Looking at the old uniforms on display in the lobby of Cameron or the museum, and even the scoreboard in Cameron, you can see the "old" color. Without real confirmation, to my eyes the uniforms from the Wake game seemed to be even darker than the old school 280, and more like Pantone 289 (https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/289-C).

I'm sure I've added no value to the conversation, so I'll end the color-nerd rant here. If anyone knows where to get the new gear (team store did not have them this weekend) let me know!

Nugget
01-13-2020, 01:17 PM
Personally I love the new uniforms, and want to get my hands on one of the t-shirts the players were wearing on the bench ASAP!

I am FAR from an expert here, but I personally think the uniforms from Saturday were actually darker than the traditional Duke prussian blue. My experience with Duke basketball only dates to the mid 80s, so I don't have the historical context of what was worn before that, but I believe the blue used in the Dawkins-Ferry-Laettner period before Nike was Pantone 280 (https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/280-C), while current uniforms are a shade lighter at Pantone 287 (https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/287-C). Looking at the old uniforms on display in the lobby of Cameron or the museum, and even the scoreboard in Cameron, you can see the "old" color. Without real confirmation, to my eyes the uniforms from the Wake game seemed to be even darker than the old school 280, and more like Pantone 289 (https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/289-C).

I'm sure I've added no value to the conversation, so I'll end the color-nerd rant here. If anyone knows where to get the new gear (team store did not have them this weekend) let me know!

I think you're right that Saturday's uniforms were a bit darker even than the 1980's blue unis. Still liked 'em.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/duke-johnny-dawkins-during-game-vs-unc-chapel-hill-nc-1-19-news-photo/82978068?adppopup=true

JetpackJesus
01-13-2020, 05:30 PM

I think you're right that it's 288 or 289. I also think they're awesome.

If anyone is curious about the Duke Colors, here's the school's official branding site on the topic: https://brand.duke.edu/colors/.

kAzE
01-13-2020, 05:38 PM

I need a pair of those shorts.

DevilYouKnow
01-13-2020, 07:33 PM
Love everything about the gothic unis, except the far-too-dark-blue. Yeuch. Go back to the approved Devil blue and you've got a winner.

Utley
01-19-2020, 10:42 AM
We stopped in the Nike store at the game yesterday. When I asked if they carried the new unis the guy there said they were team issued only and that I was like the 12000th customer who asked (no prize for that unfortunately :).

Maybe all the asking will have an impact for a future release.

Natty_B
02-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Has anybody been able to find any Duke brotherhood jersey (the dark blue and Gothic script) merch anywhere? I can't. I did notice you can already buy the uniforms Duke wore against UNC - although I'm not sure why anybody would want to.

https://www.nike.com/t/duke-mens-limited-basketball-jersey-CdLswt/CT7175-480

wilson
02-11-2020, 01:16 PM
Has anybody been able to find any Duke brotherhood jersey (the dark blue and Gothic script) merch anywhere? I can't. I did notice you can already buy the uniforms Duke wore against UNC - although I'm not sure why anybody would want to.

https://www.nike.com/t/duke-mens-limited-basketball-jersey-CdLswt/CT7175-480QFE. I really want one of those Brotherhood jerseys.

throatybeard
02-12-2020, 02:00 PM
My mother's Duke gear from 1959-63 is all basically navy. Thank God we moved more towards royal.

Reddevil
02-12-2020, 02:28 PM
My mother's Duke gear from 1959-63 is all basically navy. Thank God we moved more towards royal.

It seems like somewhere between navy and royal would be perfect. I remember the 60's and 70's stuff being darker, but not quite navy, but that might be phony recall. I would like to see a white version of the brotherhood uniform though.

ndkjr70
02-12-2020, 02:59 PM

https://www.nike.com/t/duke-mens-limited-basketball-jersey-CdLswt/CT7175-480

I've heard that the jersey -- like all other Brotherhood apparel -- is 100% for "brotherhood" personnel only. So, unless you've played for Duke, your options are either to admire from far or order a knockoff from China.

elvis14
02-13-2020, 11:16 AM
I've heard that the jersey -- like all other Brotherhood apparel -- is 100% for "brotherhood" personnel only. So, unless you've played for Duke, your options are either to admire from far or order a knockoff from China.

Anyone have a link for the knockoffs from China?

devildeac
02-13-2020, 11:20 AM

Not available. Quarantined and all that stuff, ya know...

:rolleyes:

ndkjr70
02-13-2020, 11:23 AM

Not sure the mods would encourage posting a link to a website that sells knock-off Duke jerseys from China, but there are dozens of sellers on DHGate you can find with a quick search.

Natty_B
02-19-2020, 10:44 AM
I really shouldn't be posting about this on a game day - WE GOTTA FOCUS!

But Duke is wearing the Brotherhood uni's again tonight and the DukeMBB instagram account was super coy about them being released to the public one day - in a manner that makes me think they will.

sagegrouse
02-19-2020, 11:15 AM

But Duke is wearing the Brotherhood uni's again tonight and the DukeMBB instagram account was super coy about them being released to the public one day - in a manner that makes me think they will.

Probably for a $500 donation to Iron Dukes.

Acymetric
02-19-2020, 11:16 AM
Probably for a $500 donation to Iron Dukes.

I think you're missing a couple zeros ;)

npdevil27
02-19-2020, 11:20 AM

I see the post about tonight's game, but where do you see them being coy about a public release? Is it in the comments?

Natty_B
02-19-2020, 11:46 AM
I see the post about tonight's game, but where do you see them being coy about a public release? Is it in the comments?

Yeah in the comments. It's a real grasp at straws situation. But not surprisingly the comments are filled with people who want to get this merch. GIVE US THE MERCH!! Unless Duke loses tonight then THE MERCH IS CURSED!!

Neals384
02-19-2020, 12:09 PM
These are the uni’s that have no player numbers on the front, right? Has NCAA weigh d in on them, because they are clearly not legal by the rule book. Of course nothing happened in the cheats game, but I won’t be surprised if the refs make an issue of it tonight.

kAzE
02-19-2020, 12:11 PM

Once they realize how much money they will make if they sell them to the public, I'm sure they will reconsider.

Acymetric
02-19-2020, 12:13 PM
These are the uni’s that have no player numbers on the front, right? Has NCAA weigh d in on them, because they are clearly not legal by the rule book. Of course nothing happened in the cheats game, but I won’t be surprised if the refs make an issue of it tonight.

No. These are the ones with the Gothic script "Duke" on the front.

I'm sure Duke/unc/Nike got a waiver for those uniforms, just like sometimes schools get waivers to both wear road jerseys and whatnot.

sagegrouse
02-19-2020, 12:16 PM

Acy: You are right, of course, but I didn't want to throw around big figures, which might reflect badly on Duke.

Pghdukie
02-19-2020, 12:25 PM
No. These are the ones with the Gothic script "Duke" on the front.

I'm sure Duke/unc/Nike got a waiver for those uniforms, just like sometimes schools get waivers to both wear road jerseys and whatnot.

In the UNC game - the final decision on the uni's was up to the actual game officials. They agreed teams could wear them. Had referees said "no", uniforms would have been replaced with normal looking suits.

SCMatt33
02-19-2020, 12:35 PM
In the UNC game - the final decision on the uni's was up to the actual game officials. They agreed teams could wear them. Had referees said "no", uniforms would have been replaced with normal looking suits.

Where did you get this from? During the game broadcast, they mentioned that the uniforms were illegal, and the NCAA did not issue a waiver, but it did not matter because there was no penalty. From what I find in the rule book, this is mostly correct. There are certain uniform infractions that come with an administrative technical foul, but those are specifically enumerated in the rules as failing to wear a contrasting color uniform, wearing an illegal number, or having two players wear the same number.

So they were mostly correct that there’s no in game penalty, but the rule does carve out the ability for a conference to penalize other uniform infractions, which I doubt the ACC did.

Also commenting on an earlier post about waivers, I’d imagine it’s actually pretty rare to need one. Most of the situations mentioned with color vs color don’t actually require a waiver as long as they’re contrasting and the schools mutually agree (if there’s no agreement, the home team is required to be light and the road team dark)

Acymetric
02-19-2020, 12:45 PM
Where did you get this from? During the game broadcast, they mentioned that the uniforms were illegal, and the NCAA did not issue a waiver, but it did not matter because there was no penalty. From what I find in the rule book, this is mostly correct. There are certain uniform infractions that come with an administrative technical foul, but those are specifically enumerated in the rules as failing to wear a contrasting color uniform, wearing an illegal number, or having two players wear the same number.

So they were mostly correct that there’s no in game penalty, but the rule does carve out the ability for a conference to penalize other uniform infractions, which I doubt the ACC did.

Also commenting on an earlier post about waivers, I’d imagine it’s actually pretty rare to need one. Most of the situations mentioned with color vs color don’t actually require a waiver as long as they’re contrasting and the schools mutually agree (if there’s no agreement, the home team is required to be light and the road team dark)

I definitely remember it being an issue in football between USC and UCLA some years back. I want to say each team had to forfeit a timeout or something. Obviously a different sport, but there is certainly no problem with those uniforms contrasting in that case. I suppose basketball is more flexible on color requirements (and of course which team traditionally wears white is also reversed).

Confirmation that I'm not making things up: https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=3738795

DU82
02-19-2020, 12:50 PM
I definitely remember it being an issue in football between USC and UCLA some years back. I want to say each team had to forfeit a timeout or something. Obviously a different sport, but there is certainly no problem with those uniforms contrasting in that case. I suppose basketball is more flexible on color requirements (and of course which team traditionally wears white is also reversed).

Confirmation that I'm not making things up: https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=3738795

IIRC, USC and UCLA wanted to go back to their color vs. color match-up. At the time, the rules said they couldn’t, and I believe the visiting team was penalized a timeout because they “caused” it by not wearing white. So, at the start of the game, the home team was charged a timeout, and then immediately the other teamed called one to balance it out. After that season, the rule was changed so that if both teams agree, no penalty.

An article on this game is probably archived on the Uni-Watch web site.

ETA, I needed to read the linked story first!)

SCMatt33
02-19-2020, 12:53 PM

That might make sense. Uniform rules are sport specific. The rules I mentioned are in the basketball rulebook, so do not apply to football. There’s nothing in the basketball rule book that allows a ref to force uniform changes, they can only hand out a single administrative technical foul for specifically enumerated infractions.

wgl1228
02-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Can Nike at least put the hoodie that Tyus Jones was wearing Saturday on sale!

hallcity
02-19-2020, 01:30 PM
Once they realize how much money they will make if they sell them to the public, I'm sure they will reconsider.

No, I think the point is how much money former players can make by selling game worn uniforms. They have to be a uniform that you can't buy off the shelf. It's a sneaky way for Nike to pay the players.

Acymetric
02-19-2020, 01:59 PM
No, I think the point is how much money former players can make by selling game worn uniforms. They have to be a uniform that you can't buy off the shelf. It's a sneaky way for Nike to pay the players.

No they don't, people pay out the nose for game-worn jerseys regardless of whether the jersey is available for sale to the public or not. The money factor there is "game worn".

Natty_B
02-19-2020, 02:16 PM
Can Nike at least put the hoodie that Tyus Jones was wearing Saturday on sale!

People want that hoodie bad. NIKE GIVE US THE HOODIE!!!*

*unless duke loses tonight then burn these cursed jersey's and related hoodies

budwom
02-19-2020, 02:44 PM

I can't help but think how stupid most of us (me included, of course) would look wearing those things. If people saw me wearing The Brotherhood in my hood, they'd fear I'd become a religious zealot or something.

Acymetric
02-19-2020, 02:51 PM
I can't help but think how stupid most of us (me included, of course) would look wearing those things. If people saw me wearing The Brotherhood in my hood, they'd fear I'd become a religious zealot or something.

I don't think the uniforms say "brotherhood" on them anywhere, although I could be mistaken.

budwom
02-19-2020, 03:00 PM
I don't think the uniforms say "brotherhood" on them anywhere, although I could be mistaken.

It's on the shorts, unless my memory is even worse than usual today.

rasputin
02-19-2020, 03:20 PM

Okay; $500.00

Rich
02-19-2020, 04:17 PM
People want that hoodie bad. NIKE GIVE US THE HOODIE!!!*

*unless duke loses tonight then burn these cursed jersey's and related hoodies

Is this the one we're talking about? If I remember correctly, in the 80's that pretty much looked like everything in the Duke store. Wasn't that the official logo back then?

mattman91
02-19-2020, 04:19 PM
Is this the one we're talking about? If I remember correctly, in the 80's that pretty much looked like everything in the Duke store. Wasn't that the official logo back then?

No idea, but I dig the hoodie. Would not carry the murse or wear the skinny jeans, but that hoodie is sweet.

hallcity
02-19-2020, 04:28 PM
No they don't, people pay out the nose for game-worn jerseys regardless of whether the jersey is available for sale to the public or not. The money factor there is "game worn".

Yes, but if it's not sold to the public you know it's game worn since there aren't any that weren't game worn. Also, the more different uniforms they give the players each year, they more they have to sell.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-19-2020, 04:47 PM
No idea, but I dig the hoodie. Would not carry the murse or wear the skinny jeans, but that hoodie is sweet.

Well, you're cool, Matt, but not "NBA player cool."

Pretty sure you have to be the latter to make that work.

Put me in for one sweatshirt as well please and thank you.

Spencer's Daddy
02-19-2020, 06:47 PM

Minus the swoosh

Jim3k
02-19-2020, 07:22 PM
Everything old is new again? I still have a sweatshirt with a Gothic 'Duke' on it. Maybe from the Seventies? [Can't find a German Gothic font on my Mac.] :p

HereBeforeCoachK
02-19-2020, 11:13 PM
They may be burned tonight

weezie
02-19-2020, 11:15 PM
Naaw, I don't blame the unis.

Devilwin
02-19-2020, 11:24 PM
weezie, You are too nice and I am too bad..

weezie
02-20-2020, 06:51 PM
That's the first I've ever heard that one Devilwin. Come on over here and sit next to me. Go get me a beer first please, sir.

Messimorgan17
03-04-2020, 08:14 AM
Yes, but if it's not sold to the public you know it's game worn since there aren't any that weren't game worn. Also, the more different uniforms they give the players each year, they more they have to sell.

The duke store is selling a similar hoodie not manufactured by Nike so no swoosh and no brotherhood on it and obviously not direct. In addition, the navy on the duke store version sold to the public is darker. ( there is also a royal version). I would imagine it’s a lot less expensive than Nike sold one to the public just for the swoosh logo alone. ( brotherhood logo would never be included)

rdearth15
03-04-2020, 08:39 AM
The duke store is selling a similar hoodie not manufactured by Nike so no swoosh and no brotherhood on it and obviously not direct. In addition, the navy on the duke store version sold to the public is darker. ( there is also a royal version). I would imagine it’s a lot less expensive than Nike sold one to the public just for the swoosh logo alone. ( brotherhood logo would never be included)

Is this on the website?

If so can you post a link?

I must be missing it.

DavidBenAkiva
03-04-2020, 08:49 AM
Is this on the website?

If so can you post a link?

I must be missing it.

It's kind of buried a bit. They have it under "Hot Items of the Week" and not under Hoodies.

https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS?form=shared3/gm/merch.html&item_number=50227&cat=1006&store=106&design=106

EDIT: They appear to be out of stock. I blame this forum.

Natty_B
03-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Heaven help me for knowing this but deep in Duke MBB Instagram comments the team account stated that the "brotherhood" sweatshirt will only be for players and selling the jersey is Nike's decision. I recently found a 2001 Championship t-shirt so I guess that will be my go to. I wish I still had my "Retriement Granted - 33" T from 1994.

rdearth15
03-04-2020, 10:26 AM
It's kind of buried a bit. They have it under "Hot Items of the Week" and not under Hoodies.

https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS?form=shared3/gm/merch.html&item_number=50227&cat=1006&store=106&design=106

Awesome, thank you for the link.

aimo
03-04-2020, 10:45 AM

Anyone have a clue how these run size-wise? Are they cut smaller than usual? Lot of tall, broad-shouldered people in my family. Never heard of TRT.

DallasDevil
03-04-2020, 11:11 AM
The Duke store also has a t-shirt that says it is "coming soon"

https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS?form=shared3/gm/merch.html&item_number=40009&cat=1156&store=106&design=106

DU82
03-04-2020, 03:52 PM

These were not available in the physical store a couple of weeks ago when I looked. Bought a navy hoodie with the block DUKE instead. Might need to go and get this one once they’re back on sale. (And move soon so that I can get a bigger closet!)

DukieInKansas
03-04-2020, 04:10 PM

They were out of stock this am but not now.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-04-2020, 04:31 PM

They are back and half price. Jumped on it. Thanks!