PDA

View Full Version : Ben Watson--Laura Ingraham exchange

CameronBlue
09-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Former Blue Devil TE Ben Watson and Laura Ingraham discuss the business of sports, HBCUs and the empowerment of African-American sports stars.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-laura-ingraham-interview-goes-badly-120930842.html

wilson
09-10-2019, 11:22 AM

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
09-10-2019, 11:51 AM

This will likely spiral, but I
hope to get in before this thread shuts down to say I am impressed with Hill's article putting forth a creative solution in the face of all the same ideas being regurgitated in regards to college amateur athletics.

I think it's wise to revisit the presumption that the current college model is the only viable path, and that either you pay those players or not. We need some creative thinking about other ways athletes can use their marketable skills, that may or may not involved Power 5 conferences.

tteettimes
09-10-2019, 03:33 PM

Best response post EVER
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ELOQUENCE

golfinesquire
09-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Excellent article and quite frankly so what if it opens a can of worms. People have been discussing the bad optics of teams of predominantly black athletes making money for predominantly white schools for some time now. In fact, Wendell Carter's mom raised that during the discussions about how to reform the NCAA. This is an interesting and thought provoking look at how to change that and also benefit a whole group of people.

CameronBlue
09-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Excellent article and quite frankly so what if it opens a can of worms. People have been discussing the bad optics of teams of predominantly black athletes making money for predominantly white schools for some time now. In fact, Wendell Carter's mom raised that during the discussions about how to reform the NCAA. This is an interesting and thought provoking look at how to change that and also benefit a whole group of people.

Good post. The wormy part is that the issue arose during an interview with Ingraham, who I think it's safe to say wasn't really interested in an objective treatment of the issue, whether you are agree with her or not. The topic is better treated in a different venue but clearly you recognized its fundamental validity.