PDA

View Full Version : Matt Jones update

FerryFor50
09-04-2019, 05:20 PM
I know this is kind of rumor-y/hearsay...

But I saw Matt Jones at a N. Raleigh starbucks (random, I know) and *might* have eavesdropped a bit. Sounds like he might be playing overseas soon. Lithuania!

sagegrouse
09-04-2019, 06:52 PM

But I saw Matt Jones at a N. Raleigh starbucks (random, I know) and *might* have eavesdropped a bit. Sounds like he might be playing overseas soon. Lithuania!

For the internet, it sounds like an "eyewitness report." Thanks for the info.

brevity
09-04-2019, 07:20 PM
An exercise in modern journalism:

Is former Duke basketball player Matt Jones heading overseas to play professionally? One source close to the situation is reporting that Lithuania is being discussed.

Indoor66
09-04-2019, 07:23 PM
For the internet, it sounds like an "eyewitness report." Thanks for the info.
For the internet it sounds like an interview.

UrinalCake
09-04-2019, 08:41 PM
If true, wouldn’t exactly be shocking news. Hopefully he can make some money overseas doing what he loves and see the world a bit. Not a bad life if you ask me.

FerryFor50
09-04-2019, 09:30 PM
An exercise in modern journalism:

Is former Duke basketball player Matt Jones heading overseas to play professionally? One source close to the situation is reporting that Lithuania is being discussed.

Lol

Very close! 😁

I was too chicken to ask for a selfie though. I always feel weird about that. But listening in on conversations? Not weird st all. :D

CameronBlue
09-04-2019, 11:25 PM

If you had only worked a Kardashian into the story, it would be trending right now.

budwom
09-05-2019, 07:45 AM
If you really want to be current, you have to begin with BREAKING NEWS! (find me a news broadcast that doesn't begin with BREAKING NEWS these days, and I'll give you 25 cents)...

awhom111
09-23-2019, 10:10 PM

I am not questioning your eavesdropping ability, but all of the teams in Lithuania's top division have played their first game now and Matt did play for any of them. Due to it being a basketball country, it would be rather unusual for him signing there to fly under the radar of all the usual news sources, but I will continue to be on the lookout.

Antonio Vrankovic did start his pro career over the weekend in Spain's third division so it is almost time for me to fire up a new overseas updates thread.

chrishoke
09-24-2019, 08:18 AM
I was just in Lithuania and I can confirm that Matt was nowhere to be seen. Also, Lithuanian beer is cold and good. It's the "Baltic Way."

BD80
09-24-2019, 08:38 AM
I was just in Lithuania and I can confirm that Matt was nowhere to be seen. Also, Lithuanian beer is cold and good. It's the "Baltic Way."

Isn't that a 2 million person chain of peace 30 years ago? But I'm sure there was some beer drinking going on ...

chrishoke
09-24-2019, 04:21 PM
Isn't that a 2 million person chain of peace 30 years ago? But I'm sure there was some beer drinking going on ...

Indeed. I was there for the 30 year anniversary celebration of the Baltic Way.

TruBlu
09-24-2019, 06:15 PM

And I was just in Lithonia, Georgia. No sign of him there (checked just in case his travel agent screwed up). Did not sample any beer there.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
09-25-2019, 03:46 AM
And I was just in Lithonia, Georgia. No sign of him there (checked just in case his travel agent screwed up). Did not sample any beer there.

Not in Savannah, Georgia either.

CrazyNotCrazie
09-25-2019, 07:45 AM
Not in Savannah, Georgia either.

I think the odds are greater that he would be in Tbilisi, Georgia.

NSDukeFan
09-25-2019, 04:34 PM
Indeed. I was there for the 30 year anniversary celebration of the Baltic Way.

I’ve owned Baltic Avenue before, but it was just a game where I tried to control all the properties.

AGDukesky
09-25-2019, 05:25 PM
But I can confirm he is still in Gonzaga’s nightmares

awhom111
09-30-2019, 09:45 PM
One source has an overseas destination for Matt. I am not sure what their original report was, but I will keep an eye out for corroboration.

I might be able to understand how it was misheard if this is the right place, but geographically, it is not close.

Steven43
09-30-2019, 11:01 PM

Hopefully, you did not run into the incredibly long-winded Tony Parker while in Lithonia.

awhom111
12-15-2019, 04:13 PM
Well, it is official after today's game.

Do we think that Taiwan can be easily misheard as Lithuania or are we concerned about FerryFor50's reliability as a spy?

miramar
12-15-2019, 05:24 PM
Well, it is official after today's game.

Do we think that Taiwan can be easily misheard as Lithuania or are we concerned about FerryFor50's reliability as a spy?

I'm sure Matt realized that the walls had ears, so he said Lithuania to throw everyone off.

Either that or he was talking about Marty Pocius.