PDA

View Full Version : At Least One Of These Schools Is No Longer In The ACC

hallcity
09-02-2019, 11:31 AM
There was a large, nasty brawl (https://www.barstoolsports.com/video/1404069/video-massive-tailgate-brawl-between-north-carolina-south-carolina-bros) between UNC and USC frat members who were tailgating before their game on Saturday in Charlotte.

CameronBlue
09-02-2019, 11:43 AM
There was a large, nasty brawl (https://www.barstoolsports.com/video/1404069/video-massive-tailgate-brawl-between-north-carolina-south-carolina-bros) between UNC and USC frat members who were tailgating before their game on Saturday in Charlotte.

....well selling alcohol at football games seems to have gotten off to jolly good start.

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-02-2019, 11:47 AM
...well selling alcohol at football games seems to have gotten off to jolly good start.
No need to buy alcohol inside the stadium if you mainline it all morning before the game like these tools...

budwom
09-02-2019, 11:48 AM
No need to buy alcohol inside the stadium if you mainline it all morning before the game like these tools...

yep, the drunkest guys in stadiums tend to be those who got hammered in the parking lot...

HereBeforeCoachK
09-02-2019, 12:39 PM
...well selling alcohol at football games seems to have gotten off to jolly good start.

Tailgating means this happened in the lot, before the stadium........

devildeac
09-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Those two schools deserve each other. Can we trade the cheats to the SEC? Maybe straight up for UF or UT?

TruBlu
09-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Those two schools deserve each other. Can we trade the cheats to the SEC? Maybe straight up for UF or UT?

Vandy

BD80
09-02-2019, 01:28 PM
Vandy

Seconded

BD80
09-02-2019, 01:30 PM

Vandy

Seconded

Oh wait, Nashville isn't on the Atlantic Coast, we couldn't add Vandy … :mad:

devildeac
09-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Oh wait, Nashville isn't on the Atlantic Coast, we couldn't add Vandy … :mad:

Nor is South Bend so ND is a non-starter, too.

Oh, wait...

:rolleyes:

CameronBlue
09-02-2019, 02:10 PM
Vandy

They're not going to give up Vandy on a straight trade for UNC. The SEC is not stupid. It seems as if every other week something at UNC is about to lose its accreditation. Let's keep this conversation grounded in reality. They're not going to trade Vandy for that band of miscreants from Chapel Hill.

BD80
09-02-2019, 03:26 PM
They're not going to give up Vandy on a straight trade for UNC. The SEC is not stupid. It seems as if every other week something at UNC is about to lose its accreditation. Let's keep this conversation grounded in reality. They're not going to trade Vandy for that band of miscreants from Chapel Hill.

Just get a unc grad to do the valuation, the SEC with have to throw in Ol' Miss or Missouri.

devildeac
09-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Just get a unc grad to do the valuation, the SEC with have to throw in Ol' Miss or Missouri.

In that case, we'll give them loovil, too.

rocketeli
09-02-2019, 04:44 PM
ugh, now my browsing history has barstool sports on it. Still, kinda worth it. I like the UNC-Vandy swap idea. I think UNC would actually be open to the idea as they are so delusional that they wouldn't recognize the difference between their football program and real professional programs like the SEC. And the SEC would align more with their academic standards as well. And Vandy, or "Duke-lite" would be a better fit for the ACC

HereBeforeCoachK
09-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Vandy

Just what the ACC needs....another relatively small private school......perhaps one day the conference will no longer require the services of a TV network, and they won't need to worry about any revenues....

arnie
09-03-2019, 01:09 AM
Just what the ACC needs...another relatively small private school...perhaps one day the conference will no longer require the services of a TV network, and they won't need to worry about any revenues...

True, but removing the continued corruption from the ACC might be worth it.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-03-2019, 06:39 AM
True, but removing the continued corruption from the ACC might be worth it.

I understand the sentiment, but its not gonna happen, and I don't want Duke relegated to a second tier conference because of the Cheat's cheating....and the ACC financially is barely hanging onto top tier as it is - owing largely to having so many smallish private members in a time where massive stadiums and massive alumni base audiences are king.

75Crazie
09-03-2019, 07:28 AM
As much as I want to dump the Cheats, there's no way I want The Whistler coming to the ACC.

Pghdukie
09-03-2019, 11:24 AM
If you were to trade UNC, what would become of the off-season threads. The cheats give us so much fodder to keep us occupied!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
09-03-2019, 11:46 AM
If you were to trade UNC, what would become of the off-season threads. The cheats give us so much fodder to keep us occupied!

I would trade UNC for a really nice foot long Italian sub sandwich.

devildeac
09-03-2019, 12:27 PM

You're my hero.

hudlow
09-03-2019, 12:36 PM

With or without cinder blocks?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
09-03-2019, 01:20 PM
With or without cinder blocks?

Makes for a toothy sammich.

TruBlu
09-04-2019, 10:21 AM
As much as I want to dump the Cheats, there's no way I want The Whistler coming to the ACC.

Whistlers Mother needs to get off her chair and do something about her son. 😇

throatybeard
09-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Listen, I like the fact that small private schools play American football, and I respect Vanderbilt, but Vanderbilt adds very little value from any of the major axes of measurement on this stuff. People don't get added to top conferences for baseball. Their football is a perpetual problem and they're rarely good at MBB anymore. They don't really deliver Nashville as a TV market. And they're founding member of the SEC. Which is the most lucrative conference to live in. Their leaving would be viewed as an admission that they can't compete in the SEC, and occasionally, they can. Their fixed cross-division opponent is Ole Miss. You wanna go to Oxford for college football every other year, or Syracuse?

Trust me, I'd love to be rid of Carolina. I'd be super happy for the SEC to go to 16 by picking up them and some other large-TV school, probably in the east, moving MU to the west. Where we'd go after that, I don't know, but adding yet another small private school in an ACC that already has too many small private schools to compete top-to-bottom with the B1G and the SEC is not a solution.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-04-2019, 11:49 AM
LWhere we'd go after that, I don't know, but adding yet another small private school in an ACC that already has too many small private schools to compete top-to-bottom with the B1G and the SEC is not a solution.

THIS ^^^ cannot be said enough. I know the Vandy for Cheats trade is just funny talk - but the ACC faces a serious dilemma with the size of the fan bases going forward. The ACCN will address it, but the B1G and the SEC still lead the money race by a ton.

75Crazie
09-04-2019, 04:16 PM
The ACCN will address it, but the B1G and the SEC still lead the money race by a ton.
And after all, money is what college sports is all about.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-04-2019, 04:44 PM
And after all, money is what college sports is all about.

You can be snarky if you want to, but it is what it is. I didn't make it that way, I don't like everything about it, but it sounds to me like you just are happy with an Ivy League mid major or below type conference and existence. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, but that's not what I would want. I'm not trying to save the world here...trying to have some fun watching sports.

It's more fun when you are in the bigs...I think the ACC is precariously perched in the bigs as it is.

Devilwin
09-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Are we not the ones with a "Yum, Beer" thread?:cool::cool::cool:

devildeac
09-05-2019, 04:55 PM

We are, indeed. Come visit/play with us ;).

johnb
09-05-2019, 08:28 PM

Yes, but in Yum, Beer, I was allowed to go pro as an undergraduate while retaining my eligibility and preparing myself for life after college.

devildeac
09-05-2019, 10:41 PM
Yes, but in Yum, Beer, I was allowed to go pro as an undergraduate while retaining my eligibility and preparing myself for life after college.

I just checked and your only post on Ymm, Beer in 2007 did indeed qualify you as a pro with the continued ability to post on that thread without violating any DBR, err, ncaa guidelines :o.

budwom
09-06-2019, 11:09 AM
I'm entering the Beer Portal just to see what's out there. May stay right where I am...

devildeac
09-06-2019, 11:24 AM
I'm entering the Beer Portal just to see what's out there. May stay right where I am...

If you find anything good, please place them in the Transfer Portal as I have several openings on my roster...