PDA

View Full Version : Short review of ACCN

rthomas
08-30-2019, 07:47 AM
Happy to get ACCN on dish at the last minute for the Clemson game, but I can see why cable and dish was hesitant to pay for this. It's basically ESPN (or even RayCom Sports) without sponsors. No beer commercials, no chips, but the same mattress in a box commercial over and over.

Acymetric
08-30-2019, 08:34 AM
The ads will come. I will say everything looks first class in terms of production value.

hallcity
08-30-2019, 09:36 AM
Happy to get ACCN on dish at the last minute for the Clemson game, but I can see why cable and dish was hesitant to pay for this. It's basically ESPN (or even RayCom Sports) without sponsors. No beer commercials, no chips, but the same mattress in a box commercial over and over.

Ads were probably booked for this broadcast weeks ago. If you're a big budget advertiser, do you want to pony up big bucks for ads on ACCN when you have little idea how many people will be able to watch? Give them time.

roywhite
08-30-2019, 11:01 AM
The feature on the Duke Basketball 1986 class and Coach K was excellent.

Don't know how much original programming the ACCN will generate, but that was a good start.

hallcity
08-30-2019, 11:08 AM
The first broadcast got a fairly good number of viewers, considering that there are still so many fans who still access to ACCN and some who do have access are still figuring out which channel to tune to.

@TunityAnalytics (https://twitter.com/TunityAnalytics/status/1167449865787514880)
The first game ever on the @accnetwork
featuring @ClemsonFB
and @GeorgiaTechFB
averaged 755,640 #OOH TV viewers and peaked at 8:57 PM with 1,038,935 #OOH viewers. The audience skewed 62.8% A25-54.
🏈

jimmymax
08-30-2019, 06:34 PM
I find it humorous that the complaints focus on the quality of the ads. Who watches ads -- ever? Mute, or better still fast-forward. Recent Superbowls, once the Superbowl of ads, have proven there is no point in watching ads -- ever. Apologies to the ad-persons out there. Personal aside: during some heated senior citizen ping pong matches my dad rubbed shoulders with the guy whose claim to fame was coming up with the Crest slogan "Look ma no cavities" and bragged to all about this career highlight. Pretty sad IMO.

Indoor66
08-30-2019, 06:46 PM
Personal aside: during some heated senior citizen ping pong matches my dad rubbed shoulders with the guy whose claim to fame was coming up with the Crest slogan "Look ma no cavities" and bragged to all about this career highlight. Pretty sad IMO.

That gentleman was an excellent ad man and ran an excellent agency that represented one of my companies quite successfully. He was rightfully proud of Crest.