PDA

View Full Version : Dukies rule the NBA front office too

JasonEvans
08-29-2019, 06:23 PM
You can add Mike Dunleavy Jr. to the list of former duke players taking extremely prominent roles in NBA front offices. He was just promoted from being a scout to being the assistant general manager of the Warriors.

DukieInBrasil
08-29-2019, 09:53 PM
You can add Mike Dunleavy Jr. to the list of former duke players taking extremely prominent roles in NBA front offices. He was just promoted from being a scout to being the assistant general manager of the Warriors.

i'm not in touch enough to be able to do this, but can someone compile a list of Duke alumni who are in the non-player side of the NBA? GMs, asst GMs, conditioning coaches, scouts, etc....

OZZIE4DUKE
08-30-2019, 09:38 AM
i'm not in touch enough to be able to do this, but can someone compile a list of Duke alumni who are in the non-player side of the NBA? GMs, asst GMs, conditioning coaches, scouts, etc...
And don't forget Adam Silver as commish!http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

UrinalCake
08-30-2019, 10:57 AM
From the top of my head (I'm sure others will correct/add to this list):

Adam Silver, commish
Elton Brand - GM, 76'ers
Trajan Langdon - GM, Pelicans
Danny Ferry - was the GM of the Cavs, now he's in a front office role with another team?
Shane Battier - does something with scouting and analytics for the Heat
Lindsey Harding - some sort of assistant coach with the 76'ers

That's awesome news about Dunleavy. I remember him appearing in one of the Earn Everything videos, or maybe it was a DBP video, and thinking he would likely be moving up the ranks given his pedigree.

BD80
08-30-2019, 01:21 PM
Steve Paglicua - Owner, Managing Partner Celtics

Quin Snyder - Coach, Jazz

Indoor66
08-30-2019, 01:35 PM
Nick Arison, President, Miami Heat

Billy Dat
08-30-2019, 01:38 PM
Tony Lang is an assistant coach with the Cavs
Dave McClure is an assistant with the Memphis Grizz
Former manager Nick Arison is CEO of the Miami Heat
Grant Hill is Vice Chairman of the Board of the Atlanta Hawks

Truth&Justise
08-30-2019, 02:37 PM
Zach Kleiman, EVP of Basketball Operations, Memphis Grizzlies

sagegrouse
08-30-2019, 02:51 PM
Tony Lang is an assistant coach with the Cavs
Dave McClure is an assistant with the Memphis Grizz
Former manager Nick Arison is CEO of the Miami Heat
Grant Hill is Vice Chairman of the Board of the Atlanta Hawks

Grant is also co-owner of the Hawks.

juise
08-30-2019, 07:22 PM
The DukeMBB social media juggernaut made a graphic that had a full list sometime this year, but I haven’t been able to find it. It must have been an Instagram story. I actually DM’d them on Instagram to ask about it, but haven’t gotten a response.