PDA

View Full Version : Podcast with some K and Cal talk

Billy Dat
08-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Jeff Goodman's "Good N Plenty" podcast features some K and Cal talk this week. The guest is former editor of the Boston Globe Sports Section, Joe Sullivan, who takes some shots at K for being a Cal clone
Twitter: @GlobeSullivan

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/clns-radio-online-sports-talk-radio/good-n-plenty-with-jeff-goodman

Episode 94 - relevant talk starts at the 27 minute mark

HereBeforeCoachK
08-29-2019, 07:21 AM
Coach K a Cal clone????

Billy Dat
08-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Coach K a Cal clone????

Yeah, this Boston Globe editor, Sullivan, was with the paper for years based on my brief research, and I guess he has his reasons, but he's another in a long line of media guys who like to stick it to K. He insinuates that K ran off Derryck Thornton, and that K and Cal are basically the same but no one ever calls K on it. Goodman does little to correct his claims, but does tell a good story about calling K for a quote the night that Bob Knight officially retired.

cato
08-29-2019, 03:33 PM
Yeah, this Boston Globe editor, Sullivan, was with the paper for years based on my brief research, and I guess he has his reasons, but he's another in a long line of media guys who like to stick it to K. He insinuates that K ran off Derryck Thornton, and that K and Cal are basically the same but no one ever calls K on it. Goodman does little to correct his claims, but does tell a good story about calling K for a quote the night that Bob Knight officially retired.

Boston is entirely a pro sports town. I went to a sports bar once to watch a Duke BC game (back in the JWill/Troy Bell days when BC was good) and had to ask to have the game put on.

We were like 10 miles from Chestnut Hill.