PDA

View Full Version : It's Alison Bales - spellcheck!!!!

Jim3k
02-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Not to embarass anyone, but the misspelling of Bales's last name is becoming ridiculous. It's misspelled in the headline and misspelled multiple times in the POG listings in the schedule page (check the February listings).
she's a four-year player and a first team all-ACC player and we can't get her name right? There's no "i" in her name!

We fixed Reddick and Sheldon, let's fix Bailes. :o

dbr
02-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Sorry, I've been pretty burned out lately. Lucky you missed the other mistakes I made (and unlucky that I missed this one). We don't have editors - you guys are it!
Julio

Jim3k
02-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Lucky you missed the other mistakes I made (and unlucky that I missed this one). We don't have editors - you guys are it!
Julio

OK. In the same February POGs, I found another. Can't believe I missed it either. Lindsey, not Lindsay. I'm not burned out, just being picky, picky, picky. ;)

JStuart
02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
a clip of Alison's pick on Ivory Latta? I need to send the link to an appreciative friend. Possibly the best play of the game. Thanks in advance
JStuart

ghost
02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRskyorl_A

highlandangel
02-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I was at the game, but it never gets old seeing Latta on the floor :).

wilson
02-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Not to embarass anyone, but the misspelling of Bales's last name is becoming ridiculous.

Didn't you mean not to embarrass anyone? ;)

Of course I nitpick, but that's to be expected from someone who was known as the "Chief of Grammar Police" among his fraternity brothers.

Nevertheless, your right. Just like with Sheldon and Reddick, people mispelling Allison Baile's name is definately rediculous.

Cavlaw
02-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Of course I nitpick, but that's to be expected from someone who was known as the "Chief of Grammar Police" among his fraternity brothers.

Nevertheless, your right. Just like with Sheldon and Reddick, people mispelling Allison Baile's name is definately rediculous.
"You're".

Sorry, couldn't resist.

EDIT -- err... unless that was also part of the "Sheldon" "Reddick" "Baile's" joke...

wilson
02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
"You're".

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Well played, but that was but one of several bits of intentional irony in my post. Trust me, I don't get that one wrong unless I mean to.

*Tough guy countenance* I'm such a superior grammarian.

wilson
02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
"You're".

Sorry, couldn't resist.

EDIT -- err... unless that was also part of the "Sheldon" "Reddick" "Baile's" joke...

Yeah, it definately was.

Jim3k
02-28-2007, 02:31 PM

I didn't mistype 'embarrass.' I typed the second r, but the darn keyboard didn't notice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D