PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Perpetuates Feckless Behavior

devildeac
08-12-2019, 03:20 PM
I'm amazed no one has posted/quoted this yet.

Top of page 1 today in the Raleigh News and Observer:

"NCAA drops proposed academic fraud reform"

Linked to this site because I was unable to find the on-line N&O article (:mad:):

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/state/north-carolina/article233693507.html

"The NCAA this week quietly dropped a recommended reform that would have given the association more authority to handle the kind of academic misconduct that left dozens of athletes at UNC-Chapel Hill with subpar educations."

Words fail me (well, not really-I'm not allowed to type them on this forum :rolleyes:).

PackMan97
08-12-2019, 03:22 PM
It's not news. Why comment on it.

I've made all my commenting on the NCAA and the Cheaters.

MartyClark
08-12-2019, 04:32 PM
I like this word "feckless". I haven't seen it or heard it for many years.

I need to find a way to weave "feckless" into my next legal brief.

Rich
08-12-2019, 04:39 PM

I assume it means "without feck"? :confused:

Indoor66
08-12-2019, 04:46 PM

Nah. It means less feck.

AGDukesky
08-12-2019, 05:43 PM
It’s not another word for “freckles”?!

arnie
08-12-2019, 05:45 PM
It's not news. Why comment on it.

I've made all my commenting on the NCAA and the Cheaters.

It’s only news because it shows how gutless Board members/AD’s are. Read the comments from the UNC-Charlotte board member, he thinks the reforms are needed but voted against them cause the conference told him to. Assume this same crap goes on in the ACC.

devildeac
08-12-2019, 05:48 PM
It’s only news because it shows how gutless AD’s are. Read the comments from the Charlotte AD; he thinks the reforms are needed but voted against them cause the conference told him to. Assume this same crap goes on in the ACC.

Yep, yep and yep. From the article:

"But at a meeting this week, the NCAA’s board of directors for the Division I schools that include big-money conferences such as the ACC and SEC decided not to pursue the reform."

CrazyNotCrazie
08-12-2019, 06:07 PM
I'm amazed no one has posted/quoted this yet.

Top of page 1 today in the Raleigh News and Observer:

"NCAA drops proposed academic fraud reform"

Linked to this site because I was unable to find the on-line N&O article (:mad:):

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/state/north-carolina/article233693507.html

"The NCAA this week quietly dropped a recommended reform that would have given the association more authority to handle the kind of academic misconduct that left dozens of athletes at UNC-Chapel Hill with subpar educations."

Words fail me (well, not really-I'm not allowed to type them on this forum :rolleyes:).

"Words fail me" is more often a phrase one would hear coming out of the mouth of a Tar Heel...

BD80
08-12-2019, 06:31 PM

It means, that in chapel hill, no fecks were given with respect to education.

bundabergdevil
08-12-2019, 06:32 PM

Nah. It means less feck.

Several years ago I noticed several politicians becoming a bit reckless with their use of the word feckless. It turned out I wasn't the only one and articles like "Criticism grows of feckless politicians who use 'feckless' fecklessly" (https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/Politics-Voices/2015/1224/Criticism-grows-of-feckless-politicians-who-use-feckless-fecklessly) began popping up. I enjoyed them. This link has a political slant but hopefully y'all appreciate it given this.

I particularly like how the author describes John McCain as a "man of undoubted feck..." Not to be morbid, but it's in the running for my tombstone.

Indoor66
08-12-2019, 07:05 PM

I've resembled that (or resembled) that for many years.😂

MarkD83
08-12-2019, 07:26 PM
It means the NCAA doesn't give a.........about academics

devildeac
08-12-2019, 07:33 PM

Close, ohh, so close.

fuse
08-12-2019, 09:00 PM
I’m just here for all the feckless commentary.
Big smiles, fun stuff.

BD80
08-12-2019, 11:33 PM

Close, ohh, so close.

And with an infraction dangling over my head like the sword of Damocles …

Feckless AND reckless!

JetpackJesus
08-12-2019, 11:33 PM
I saw the thread title and thought, "There's a title most uNC folks won't be able to understand, so I hope it's about them." I was not disappointed. Well, I guess I am disappointed now, but for an entirely different reason.

gep
08-13-2019, 12:39 AM
It means the NCAA doesn't give a.....about academics

If this is so... what is the APR all about... :confused: Don't they actually "punish" schools for low APR's... I thought the "A" stood for "academics". Oh well...

Dukehk
08-13-2019, 01:19 AM
It's flat our racism if you ask me.

The damage has already been done though. They really are dragging collegiate basketball down the drain.

Its incredible how hypocritical and moronic the decision makers for the NCAA have been.

rsvman
08-13-2019, 12:05 PM
All this discussion about the word "feckless" is in the wrong thread! There's a perfectly good thread on the Off-Topic Forum about words. If you haven't already, you should check it out.

And yes, this is a shameless plug for a thread I started. I am intrepid, not feckless. ;-)

UrinalCake
08-13-2019, 01:55 PM
After letting the CHeats off scot-free the NCAA knew that had to do something to salvage some semblances of pride, so they made proclamations of ensuring nothing like that would ever happen again. They had the Rice Commission play its role in suggesting reform, and even tried to pass the buck onto SACS in saying they should revisit the CHeats’ accreditation (as if that was ever going to happen). Now, enough time has passed that nobody in the general public cares anymore, so the NCAA is free to scrap whatever plans they claimed to have come up with.

TruBlu
08-13-2019, 03:04 PM
^^^ Nailed it. Could not spork.

wavedukefan70s
08-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Several years ago I noticed several politicians becoming a bit reckless with their use of the word feckless. It turned out I wasn't the only one and articles like "Criticism grows of feckless politicians who use 'feckless' fecklessly" (https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/Politics-Voices/2015/1224/Criticism-grows-of-feckless-politicians-who-use-feckless-fecklessly) began popping up. I enjoyed them. This link has a political slant but hopefully y'all appreciate it given this.

I particularly like how the author describes John McCain as a "man of undoubted feck..." Not to be morbid, but it's in the running for my tombstone.

I saw that portrayed on a episode of south park by eric cartman.
Feck feckity feck feck.im not absolutely sure that was the word he was trying to pronounce though.

sagegrouse
08-13-2019, 05:19 PM
By the way, "Perpetual Feckless" is a pretty good generic name for a player on an opposing team that can't seem to do anything right. Like Larry Drew II (120 turnovers in 2010!) or Adam Boone.

Maybe it needs a middle initial: "Perpetual I. Feckless" or a middle name -- "Perpetual Lee Feckless."

MartyClark
08-13-2019, 05:37 PM
By the way, "Perpetual Feckless" is a pretty good generic name for a player on an opposing team that can't seem to do anything right. Like Larry Drew II (120 turnovers in 2010!) or Adam Boone.

Maybe it needs a middle initial: "Perpetual I. Feckless" or a middle name -- "Perpetual Lee Feckless."

I had to look up the definition of feckless and an example of usage was to describe someone as "a feckless Mama's boy". I love it.

fidel
08-17-2019, 10:48 PM
Beavis: "Heh heh...he said 'Feckless' heh heh"

Butthead: "Shut up, you tar heel"