PDA

View Full Version : Starters?

DukeBlood
11-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Who have the starters been? And will they remain the same come opening day?

I havent been able to watch anything... So im lost. Thanks for the help.

jimsumner
11-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Duke has started Thomas, Singler, Henderson, Nelson, Paulus. But Scheyer and Smith started the second half in the Shaw game, Zoubek started the second half against Barton after playing only three minutes in the first half. So I suspect we're still in experimental mode.

OrangeDevil
11-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the report Jim.

Based on what you've seen thus far, is there any possibility that, in certain situations and against certain teams, Singler could log significant minutes in the middle surrounded by our smaller forwards and guards?

jimsumner
11-04-2007, 03:05 PM
I suspect we'll see that lineup on occasion, depending on matchups.

For a minute or so last night, Duke was playing a lineup without any of the nominal big men, Henderson as the biggest player.

dukestheheat
11-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Smith is looking awesome at the PG; he and Singler are teaming up for some full-court passes and up-tempo. I think Smith got 18 versus Barton and he was actually our #3 scorer for the game (or maybe #2, right behind Singler). He will help Duke so much this year in that full court up-tempo!

Singler is Duke's best player right now (of course, with full realization that we've played no strong competition at all and it's waaaay early yet.....).

Go Duke!

dth.

cajundevil74
11-04-2007, 09:26 PM
What happened with Paulus in the Barton game? I only saw the box score and didn't see the game. I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on why he wasn't more productive. Thanks.

Cajundevil74

mepanchin
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
He just missed his shots. He otherwise did a good job on both sides of the floor and would have had a couple more assists had guys not bobbled the passes. Nothing to really be concerned about, I think.