PDA

View Full Version : ACC Network and where to watch Duke games

Pages : [1] 2

evrim
08-06-2019, 07:40 PM
I live in Portland, OR and watch the Duke games, usually after they are played, using WatchESPN/ESPN3 app on replay. I also have access to Xfinity online so I can stream games that way as well. With the ACCN, would WatchESPN stop streaming / replay those games? I have no cable TV / satellite TV. And without any deal with satellite and cable, I wonder if the bars will also not be able to play them in my area?

-jk
08-06-2019, 08:02 PM
It still seems to be a bit fluid...

Julian posted about Disney (ACCN owner via ESPN) streaming on the main page (https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2019/8/6/20756473/the-two-most-important-sports-business-news-stories-youll-see-today-disney-espy-cord-cutting).

I don't think Comcast/Xfinity has signed on to the ACCN yet. I do imagine sports bars will find a way to get games...

-jk

TruBlu
08-06-2019, 08:13 PM
I do imagine sports bars will find a way to get games...

-jk

Thank goodness for sports bars, for many reasons.

Bluedog
08-06-2019, 08:17 PM
I live in Portland, OR and watch the Duke games, usually after they are played, using WatchESPN/ESPN3 app on replay. I also have access to Xfinity online so I can stream games that way as well. With the ACCN, would WatchESPN stop streaming / replay those games? I have no cable TV / satellite TV. And without any deal with satellite and cable, I wonder if the bars will also not be able to play them in my area?

Yep, I'm bummed about ACCN for the few Duke games that will be on it and not be part of the standard cable package. Will have to be creative to find alternatives to watch live (or pay the bucks to subscribe).

jimsumner
08-06-2019, 10:00 PM
You're confused in Oregon? I live in Raleigh and I'm confused.

It's tempting to assume it will all work out. But the local CBS station hasn't been on U-Verse for months and one would think solving that would be a pretty high priority.

So, a certain level of concern might be in order.

g4orce
08-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Here's a link to help clarify things.

https://promo.espn.com/espn/accn/faq

Starting at item #21, which is the current list of TV providers, it makes clear that if you don't have a cable TV provider who has signed up, you won't be able to watch ACCN. Item #25 confirms this... "Can I pay to subscribe to ACCN online, Pay-Per-View or via ESPN3 if I can't get it on TV? No. The games will be exclusive to ACCN and ACCNE."

The really confusing part is that for several years now they've seemingly bundled ESPN3 (computer) to the WatchESPN app (Roku, Apple & mobile). I'm not a cord cutter yet, but even paying extra for the WatchESPN app via Roku, there's no channel for ACCN. This would confirm that there's no cord-cutter option except for the newly released agreement with YouTube TV.

The downside with YouTube TV is that you have to purchase the whole bundle. You can't just watch ACCN, which would be ~ $65/mo. To JD's article on the homepage, Amazon & Disney have no love for each other, so I'd highly doubt that ACCN / ESPN would reach an agreement with Amazon. Disney wouldn't allow it. Plus, that's not necessarily Amazon's game plan... or Apple or Netflix's either, for that matter. Apple & Netflix are going after original content. AMZN, Apple & Netflix may offer a few sep. app options, but ESPN has not shown any interest in going that route. With the exception of Disney's new channel coming up in November, ESPN has still aligned themselves to the cable TV model ~ which would explain the agreement with YouTube. YT is simply a new method of delivering cable TV. It's a different model than Amazon, Apple or Netflix altogether.

Acymetric
08-07-2019, 01:22 PM

Starting at item #21, which is the current list of TV providers, it makes clear that if you don't have a cable TV provider who has signed up, you won't be able to watch ACCN. Item #25 confirms this... "Can I pay to subscribe to ACCN online, Pay-Per-View or via ESPN3 if I can't get it on TV? No. The games will be exclusive to ACCN and ACCNE."

The really confusing part is that for several years now they've seemingly bundled ESPN3 (computer) to the WatchESPN app (Roku, Apple & mobile). I'm not a cord cutter yet, but even paying extra for the WatchESPN app via Roku, there's no channel for ACCN. This would confirm that there's no cord-cutter option except for the newly released agreement with YouTube TV.

The downside with YouTube TV is that you have to purchase the whole bundle. You can't just watch ACCN, which would be ~ $65/mo. To JD's article on the homepage, Amazon & Disney have no love for each other, so I'd highly doubt that ACCN / ESPN would reach an agreement with Amazon. Disney wouldn't allow it. Plus, that's not necessarily Amazon's game plan... or Apple or Netflix's either, for that matter. Apple & Netflix are going after original content. AMZN, Apple & Netflix may offer a few sep. app options, but ESPN has not shown any interest in going that route. With the exception of Disney's new channel coming up in November, ESPN has still aligned themselves to the cable TV model ~ which would explain the agreement with YouTube. YT is simply a new method of delivering cable TV. It's a different model than Amazon, Apple or Netflix altogether.

Uh...now I'm confused. You should not be paying extra for the WatchESPN app.

hallcity
08-07-2019, 01:23 PM
The odds are that all the major carriers will eventually sign up for the ACCN. The big ones went down to the wire with the SECN and they'll probably go down to the wire with the ACCN but they'll get there. If your carrier doesn't you can always switch carriers. Other than the documentary on the Dawkins recruiting class, there won't be much Duke stuff on the ACCN for several weeks, apart from the NC A&T football game which will be on ACCNX (ACC Network Extra).

scottdude8
08-07-2019, 01:24 PM

Yeah, this is something that I think needs clarification and may be phrased in a misleading way in some of the recent articles both here and elsewhere. As far as I understand it, ESPN+ does not include the ESPN networks, which includes ACCN (much like SECN). So the new Disney+ bundle that includes ESPN+ would not include ACCN (like one of the recent front page articles suggests), just like getting ESPN+ doesn't get you ESPN or ESPN2. ESPN+ is "extra" content on top of the ESPN networks, and doesn't include the networks themselves.

So if you really are a traditional "cord-cutter" looking to get ACCN, YouTubeTV might be the way you have to go. To be honest, this is one of the reasons I think that even more people haven't cut the cord, i.e. access to live and local sports content. If I was still in the US (things are made much more complicated for me being in Canada now, haha), I would cut the cord in a second if I knew I could get access to all of my sports as part of one of the various packages, but nothing seems to fit the bill yet. (In Canada, I'm essentially forced to stick with crappy Bell Fibe TV to get my college sports, as they offer a "college sports package" a la carte whereas their main competitor, Rodgers, only has it as part of a huge and expensive sports bundle.)

All of this is a long way to say that I think we've all been confusing some key points when it comes to ESPN+, ACCN, and cord-cutting, and we should make sure we're all talking about the same things so as not to confuse anyone further!

g4orce
08-07-2019, 03:53 PM
Uh...now I'm confused. You should not be paying extra for the WatchESPN app.

Sorry... I confused myself for a sec. ESPN+ is what I'm paying for on top of the WatchESPN app via Roku. Neither of those, though, have ACCN. :-(

msdukie
08-08-2019, 12:13 AM

ACCN also has a deal with Hulu, so you can subscribe to a Hulu account if you can't get it any other way. I think it is $12 a month.

Im4howdy
08-08-2019, 01:45 AM
Last year I was able to get ESPN and ESPN2 and watch Duke games. Is that no longer possible?:confused:

budwom
08-08-2019, 08:05 AM
I remain confident in Swofford's ability to screw this up, i.e. make the network a net negative for fans (for example forcing them to spend money for stuff that was formerly free).

Having read numerous articles about the various platforms, I remain confused, will just have to wait and see what works and what doesn't. As grandpa used to say, the info thus far is clear as mud.

Acymetric
08-08-2019, 10:31 AM
ACCN also has a deal with Hulu, so you can subscribe to a Hulu account if you can't get it any other way. I think it is $12 a month.

Not quite. That is for the ad-supported streaming service but doesn't include live TV. The Hulu package that includes the ACC Network is something like $50 per month. That is a bit cheaper than Youtube TV I think so probably the cheapest option if you feel you have to have the ACCN. Of course, they don't appear to be doing a good job of putting important programming on the Network so it isn't clear to me why anyone would feel they need to have it.

Last year I was able to get ESPN and ESPN2 and watch Duke games. Is that no longer possible?:confused:

It still is, but ACC Network isn't included as part of that, so any Duke games on the ACCN won't be available. It wouldn't surprise me if Sling picked it up though, since the other major Internet TV providers (Google, Verizon Fios, Youtube TV, Hulu TV) have already done so.

fidel
08-08-2019, 01:18 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Sling picked it up though, since the other major Internet TV providers (Google, Verizon Fios, Youtube TV, Hulu TV) have already done so.

I see ACC ESPN Network listed under sling. Is this something different?

Acymetric
08-08-2019, 01:26 PM
I see ACC ESPN Network listed under sling. Is this something different?

So, this is confusing and it is possible I will get it slightly wrong.

In 2016, ESPN launched "ACC Network Extra", which was basically just ESPN3 but branded for the ACC. Sling currently provides access to streaming ACCNE games/content, and this is likely what you are seeing.

The upcoming ACC Network is different, and Sling does not (at least yet) offer the ACC Network. Additionally, while ACC Network Extra will continue to exist, when the ACC Network goes live access to ACC Network Extra content will be restricted to people with access to ACC Network channel through their TV provider. Which means that Sling (and other providers) will no longer offer access to ACC Network Extra unless they add the ACC Network channel to their package before the go live date.

budwom
08-08-2019, 02:04 PM
^ I hope the network and ESPN and everyone else ultimately clarifies all the nomenclature, because even when explained it is somewhat befuddling as to who can get it, how they get it, and for how much money....

Maybe I'll just wait for the first Clemson vs. Va. Tech horseshoes contest in September.

Acymetric
08-08-2019, 02:14 PM
^ I hope the network and ESPN and everyone else ultimately clarifies all the nomenclature, because even when explained it is somewhat befuddling as to who can get it, how they get it, and for how much money...

Maybe I'll just wait for the first Clemson vs. Va. Tech horseshoes contest in September.

Here's the simplified version. If you have one of these TV carriers:

DIRECTV
Google Fiber TV (not just Google Fiber Internet)
Hulu Live TV (not the cheaper ~$15 bundle that includes ESPN+ but the actual live TV package with channels)
Optimum
PlayStation Vue
TVision
Suddenlink
Verizon Fios TV (not just Fios Internet)
YouTube TV

Then you will have the ACC Network (ACCN) channel. This will also allow you to stream ACC Network Extra (ACCNE) content online, the same way you would for ESPN3 content (ACCNE is basically the ESPN3 equivalent for the ACCN for extra content streamable online). Of course your provider may be added later, at which point you will gain access to both.

If your provider is not on that list, you will not have access to ACCN or ACCNE.

ESPN+ has nothing to do with any of this, and never has, and given the lack of worthwhile content you are probably better off forgetting about ESPN+ entirely.

killerleft
08-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Not quite. That is for the ad-supported streaming service but doesn't include live TV. The Hulu package that includes the ACC Network is something like $50 per month. That is a bit cheaper than Youtube TV I think so probably the cheapest option if you feel you have to have the ACCN. Of course, they don't appear to be doing a good job of putting important programming on the Network so it isn't clear to me why anyone would feel they need to have it.

It still is, but ACC Network isn't included as part of that, so any Duke games on the ACCN won't be available. It wouldn't surprise me if Sling picked it up though, since the other major Internet TV providers (Google, Verizon Fios, Youtube TV, Hulu TV) have already done so.

YouTube TV costs us $53.36 after taxes in Greensboro.

Acymetric
08-08-2019, 02:51 PM
YouTube TV costs us $53.36 after taxes in Greensboro.

I think Hulu is like $45 without tax. They probably end up being about the same (I don't use either service).

fuse
08-08-2019, 06:43 PM
I get DirecTV Now, soon to be rebranded as ATT TV now, as the way I get ESPN and ESPN2 post cord cutting.

My hope is DirecTV extends to DirecTV Now, and expecting not.

msdukie
08-08-2019, 08:56 PM
ACC Network Extra on August 22 gets rebranded with the abbreviation ACCNX FYI. So ACCN is the linear channel and ACCNX is the digital streaming part. TV schedules will reflect these terms.

hallcity
08-09-2019, 04:20 PM
The FSU AD is now advising FSU fans who are customers of some carriers (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBjbJxpWwAAEfRS?format=jpg&name=900x900) to not just ask their carrier to carry ACCN but to switch carriers. Even though there's no contract yet with Spectrum, he's not including Spectrum on the list, suggesting to me that a deal with Spectrum is nearing completion.

nmduke2001
08-11-2019, 04:39 PM
So my directv is currently not showing cbs nor fox. I wanted to watch the golf on cbs today, so I used the antenna. For some crazy reason my antenna, in New Mexico, picked up the ACC digital network. Not sure what the heck that is, but why would that be on antenna here?

awhom111
08-11-2019, 04:52 PM
So my directv is currently not showing cbs nor fox. I wanted to watch the golf on cbs today, so I used the antenna. For some crazy reason my antenna, in New Mexico, picked up the ACC digital network. Not sure what the heck that is, but why would that be on antenna here?

I think you were watching this channel, which is over the air in a number of markets:
https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

nmduke2001
08-11-2019, 04:54 PM
I think you were watching this channel, which is over the air in a number of markets:
https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

So my wife figured it out. After the antenna station run out, Samsung posts their digital channels. ACC digital network is one of them.

HaveFunExpectToWin
08-12-2019, 12:37 PM
I’d be surprised if all the big carriers didn’t sign them up by the season start.

Cable programming bloat like this only hastens cord-cutting. Most subs don’t want or need another ESPN channel to pay for in an eventual bill increase.

scottdude8
08-13-2019, 11:49 AM
When the B10 Network started (which has to be almost a decade ago now, believe it or not) there was the exact same confusion and stress level, but probably amplified since it was the first of its kind. Comcast was threatening not to carry it for the longest time, which would've kept almost 50% of the Big 10 footprint out of the picture. But if memory serves by the time the season rolled around they had struck a deal, and the only issue was with some of the smaller carriers (and maybe the cheaper satellite companies like DISH).

This seems to just be the game that both sides feel the need to play to negotiate the price and whatnot, but both sides should be very motivated to get a deal done. From the carrier side they run the risk of angering their customer base, and considering one of the major reason many aren't "cord-cutting" is live sports it seems like there would be an extra impetus not to alienate this group of customers. From the network perspective they know that the early days can be sink or swim... if ACCN doesn't gain traction as a legitimate sports network early it could very quickly be pushed to the backburner of both cable packages and people's minds. I'm sure somewhere they're haggling over the last couple cents in the deal, and who those cents go to will depend on how many calls/complaints the companies get.

TL;DR: this scenario has all been played out before and it seems to work out for 95% of carriers. I wouldn't start worrying yet.

Bluedog
08-13-2019, 05:47 PM
When the B10 Network started (which has to be almost a decade ago now, believe it or not) there was the exact same confusion and stress level, but probably amplified since it was the first of its kind. Comcast was threatening not to carry it for the longest time, which would've kept almost 50% of the Big 10 footprint out of the picture. But if memory serves by the time the season rolled around they had struck a deal, and the only issue was with some of the smaller carriers (and maybe the cheaper satellite companies like DISH).

This seems to just be the game that both sides feel the need to play to negotiate the price and whatnot, but both sides should be very motivated to get a deal done. From the carrier side they run the risk of angering their customer base, and considering one of the major reason many aren't "cord-cutting" is live sports it seems like there would be an extra impetus not to alienate this group of customers. From the network perspective they know that the early days can be sink or swim... if ACCN doesn't gain traction as a legitimate sports network early it could very quickly be pushed to the backburner of both cable packages and people's minds. I'm sure somewhere they're haggling over the last couple cents in the deal, and who those cents go to will depend on how many calls/complaints the companies get.

TL;DR: this scenario has all been played out before and it seems to work out for 95% of carriers. I wouldn't start worrying yet.

I agree for those in the ACC geography. For those of us not in ACC land, which encompasses A LOT of Duke fans given our nationwide footprint, on the other hand...Just like B10 Network is part of the package in geographies that are part of the B1G footprint and harder/expensive to get for those outside of it (i.e. not part of standard package for sure). Is there any chance Chicago is considered ACC area given the closness to ND? Hahahaha. I can only hope...but obviously extremely unlikely.

scottdude8
08-14-2019, 11:03 AM
I agree for those in the ACC geography. For those of us not in ACC land, which encompasses A LOT of Duke fans given our nationwide footprint, on the other hand...Just like B10 Network is part of the package in geographies that are part of the B1G footprint and harder/expensive to get for those outside of it (i.e. not part of standard package for sure). Is there any chance Chicago is considered ACC area given the closness to ND? Hahahaha. I can only hope...but obviously extremely unlikely.

Good point. Although B10 Network is typically included in "higher tier" sports packages even outside of the footprint, and in most package nowadays you have to get such a package to even get ESPNU, right? So probably not that much different for those outside the footprint.

Bluedog
08-14-2019, 12:33 PM
Good point. Although B10 Network is typically included in "higher tier" sports packages even outside of the footprint, and in most package nowadays you have to get such a package to even get ESPNU, right? So probably not that much different for those outside the footprint.

I assume you meant to say "even inside the footprint"? In Chicago, B10 Network is in the same package as ESPN for Xfinity. ESPNU is a separate package (which I do not get). So I don't pay anything "extra" for the B10 Network (of course I realize it's baked into the price, but it's in the standard cable package if you want channels like CNN, TLC, Bravo, and ESPN.)

hallcity
08-14-2019, 12:59 PM
The Clemson AD is tweeting that Spectrum is now on the bus.

scottdude8
08-14-2019, 02:05 PM
Details from the horse's mouth (http://theacc.com/news/2019/8/14/general-charter-spectrum-to-carry-acc-network.aspx?fbclid=IwAR161C_j6bEQEx54QLv1hCSZpt22 rG0cdbb2EkqgifGUyulNAR7fcJ3X0ZE).

I would imagine whatever the intricacies of this deal with "set the bar" for any of the remaining hold outs. As I mentioned in another thread, this whole thing is reminding me more and more of all the drama with the launch of the B10 Network way back when, which is to say I have a feeling everything will work out in the end (with the only possibly annoyance being whether ACCN is part of the "basic" cable package or whether you'd need an "advanced" sports package to get it).

scottdude8
08-14-2019, 02:08 PM
I assume you meant to say "even inside the footprint"? In Chicago, B10 Network is in the same package as ESPN for Xfinity. ESPNU is a separate package (which I do not get). So I don't pay anything "extra" for the B10 Network (of course I realize it's baked into the price, but it's in the standard cable package if you want channels like CNN, TLC, Bravo, and ESPN.)

Yeah I can see how my post was confusing. To clarify: when I was living in Michigan and paying for a very simple Comcast cable plan, ESPN, ESPN2, and B10 were included (along with FS1 and I think even maybe FS2). ESPNU and SECN (remember SECN is ESPN affiliated, much like ACCN) were not in this basic package, but would be included if you paid for the "extra" sports package.

So what I meant to say was this: if you life outside the ACC geographical footprint, in all likelihood you'll have to upgrade your sports package to get ACCN, but you probably already had to do that to see games that were on ESPNU. Inside the footprint it isn't as clear, but I imagine the plan is for ACCN to be a part of the "basic" package just like B10 was for me in Michigan (side note: similarly, B10 network is available nationwide although typically in a "bonus" package, just like SECN was for me in Michigan).

powellhill1981
08-14-2019, 03:08 PM
https://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/va_tech/acc-network-still-has-no-deals-with-cox-or-comcast/article_ca0813e1-0d75-5fa7-a4ba-7d4c13ff1177.html

budwom
08-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Details from the horse's mouth (http://theacc.com/news/2019/8/14/general-charter-spectrum-to-carry-acc-network.aspx?fbclid=IwAR161C_j6bEQEx54QLv1hCSZpt22 rG0cdbb2EkqgifGUyulNAR7fcJ3X0ZE).

I would imagine whatever the intricacies of this deal with "set the bar" for any of the remaining hold outs. As I mentioned in another thread, this whole thing is reminding me more and more of all the drama with the launch of the B10 Network way back when, which is to say I have a feeling everything will work out in the end (with the only possibly annoyance being whether ACCN is part of the "basic" cable package or whether you'd need an "advanced" sports package to get it).

yes, that is the key question...cable companies generally don't like to pay for new channels without new revenue...

JetpackJesus
08-14-2019, 03:50 PM

As a Spectrum customer, this is great news!

The horse's mouth also answered a question I've long had: Will ACCN games be available to stream through the ESPN app--assuming the user subscribes to a provider that carries it--since the ACCN is an ESPN channel? The answer, thankfully, appears to be yes:

All ACCN games will also be available on the ESPN app to authenticated pay TV subscribers.
Downloading a separate ACCN app for streaming wouldn't be too much of an issue, but I already have the ESPN app, and now I won't have to keep track of whether a given game is on ESPN or ACCN. The one-stop shopping experience is appreciated.

msdukie
08-14-2019, 10:40 PM

Keep in mind that the entire Charter/Spectrum Disney package was up for renewal at the end of August, so ACCN was being used as part of the renewal carrot. Other carriers don't have their Disney deals up, so they are negotiating to add ACCN to their stable of channels until the next Disney deal for all of the channels, so it isn't exactly the same terms and the Charter deal was always guaranteed to happen this month.

budwom
08-15-2019, 07:42 AM
Keep in mind that the entire Charter/Spectrum Disney package was up for renewal at the end of August, so ACCN was being used as part of the renewal carrot. Other carriers don't have their Disney deals up, so they are negotiating to add ACCN to their stable of channels until the next Disney deal for all of the channels, so it isn't exactly the same terms and the Charter deal was always guaranteed to happen this month.

yeah, the fact that (for example) DirecTV is still squabbling with a number of heavily in demand local stations (the Nexstar beef, among others) illustrates that they (and other cable companies) do not just merrily pay out more money when they don't have to...subscribers are somewhat sensitive to increased costs....so we're apt to see some tough bargaining before the ACCN shows up everywhere.

campered
08-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Yeah, this is something that I think needs clarification and may be phrased in a misleading way in some of the recent articles both here and elsewhere. As far as I understand it, ESPN+ does not include the ESPN networks, which includes ACCN (much like SECN). So the new Disney+ bundle that includes ESPN+ would not include ACCN (like one of the recent front page articles suggests), just like getting ESPN+ doesn't get you ESPN or ESPN2. ESPN+ is "extra" content on top of the ESPN networks, and doesn't include the networks themselves.

So if you really are a traditional "cord-cutter" looking to get ACCN, YouTubeTV might be the way you have to go. To be honest, this is one of the reasons I think that even more people haven't cut the cord, i.e. access to live and local sports content. If I was still in the US (things are made much more complicated for me being in Canada now, haha), I would cut the cord in a second if I knew I could get access to all of my sports as part of one of the various packages, but nothing seems to fit the bill yet. (In Canada, I'm essentially forced to stick with crappy Bell Fibe TV to get my college sports, as they offer a "college sports package" a la carte whereas their main competitor, Rodgers, only has it as part of a huge and expensive sports bundle.)

All of this is a long way to say that I think we've all been confusing some key points when it comes to ESPN+, ACCN, and cord-cutting, and we should make sure we're all talking about the same things so as not to confuse anyone further!Maybe this has already been posted, so I decided to check out the ACCN on my ROKU device. In my search I found it was on the actual ROKU channel app itself, and listed as free. It was called the ACC Digital Network. Had no problem getting it and I watched it for a few minutes. DISH is my primary tv provider and so far has not included the ACC network yet. But I strongly believe they will do so for they already have the Longhorn Network, SEC,
and a couple of others all grouped together in the 400 range of channels. Hope this helps!!

Acymetric
08-15-2019, 08:56 AM
Maybe this has already been posted, so I decided to check out the ACCN on my ROKU device. In my search I found it was on the actual ROKU channel app itself, and listed as free. It was called the ACC Digital Network. Had no problem getting it and I watched it for a few minutes. DISH is my primary tv provider and so far has not included the ACC network yet. But I strongly believe they will do so for they already have the Longhorn Network, SEC,
and a couple of others all grouped together in the 400 range of channels. Hope this helps!!

Just to clarify, what you found on your Roku is not​ the ACC Network that is being discussed here.

campered
08-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Just to clarify, what you found on your Roku is not​ the ACC Network that is being discussed here.Geeeez, is there more than one ACC network? The title of this thread is ACC Network and where to watch Duke games. Are you saying that what I found is not the real ACC Network? If so, I guess I will have to wait for DISH to pick up the real one.....Thanks!

Acymetric
08-15-2019, 09:47 AM
Geeeez, is there more than one ACC network? The title of this thread is ACC Network and where to watch Duke games. Are you saying that what I found is not the real ACC Network? If so, I guess I will have to wait for DISH to pick up the real one...Thanks!

The ACC Digital Network is an online platform for video content that the ACC uses now.

The ACC Network is an actual TV channel that goes live in about a week (i.e. you can't watch it yet because it doesn't exist yet), which will have its own digital/online component (same as ESPN/WatchESPN/ESPN3 model).

I haven't actually seen anything about what will happen with the ACC Digital Network once the ACC Network goes live, but they are definitely two separate things.

hallcity
08-15-2019, 10:11 AM
The ACC Digital Network is an online platform for video content that the ACC uses now.

The ACC Network is an actual TV channel that goes live in about a week (i.e. you can't watch it yet because it doesn't exist yet), which will have its own digital/online component (same as ESPN/WatchESPN/ESPN3 model).

I haven't actually seen anything about what will happen with the ACC Digital Network once the ACC Network goes live, but they are definitely two separate things.

I'm not sure but I think that the ACC Digital Network becomes ACC Network Extra (ACCNX) on 8/22. I know that you'll only be able to get ACCNX if you get ACCN. ACCNX is for all the field hockey and wrestling and so forth that won't fit on ACCN and maybe for the historical stuff.

budwom
08-15-2019, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure but I think that the ACC Digital Network becomes ACC Network Extra (ACCNX) on 8/22. I know that you'll only be able to get ACCNX if you get ACCN. ACCNX is for all the field hockey and wrestling and so forth that won't fit on ACCN and maybe for the historical stuff.

The ACC and ESPN need to get together and clarify their branding, that should be obvious, since it's pretty difficult to decipher what they currently have and what they'll have in the future. It's a hash right now.

Acymetric
08-15-2019, 10:19 AM

Might be. I know that the currently existing ACC Network Extra (ACCNE, which is part of WatchESPN) is going to become the digital component of the ACC Network and rebrand itself as ACCNX. Would make sense for the ACC Digital Network to get folded into that as well but I haven't seen anything specifically addressing that.

WiJoe
08-19-2019, 03:04 PM
Anyone know the DirecTV channel # for the ACC Network?

sagegrouse
08-19-2019, 03:10 PM
Anyone know the DirecTV channel # for the ACC Network?

I sure couldn't find it on the DirecTV web site.

budwom
08-19-2019, 03:20 PM
I sure couldn't find it on the DirecTV web site.

i believe 642 but it ain't there yet, starts late on Thursday i think...

WiJoe
08-19-2019, 03:27 PM

thanks, bud, and sage. emailed the Iron Dukes, and writing to hear from them, too.

Bob Green
08-19-2019, 03:38 PM
It appears no ACC Network for Bob unless I decide to pay more money to Verizon Fios:

Tony McNary, a Verizon spokesman, said customers that have a regional sports network (such as YES Network) as part of their current package will automatically get the ACC Network when it launches. Customers that do not have a regional sport network will have to change their package in order to receive it.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/2019/08/can-i-get-acc-network-on-verizon-fios.html

My current package does not include YES Network. I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, NFL Network, MLB Network, BIG10 and some others but no YES, ESPNews, SEC Network, CBS Sports Network...

I'm more interested in reducing the amount of $$ spent on TV/Internet than increasing it.

Acymetric
08-19-2019, 03:55 PM
It appears no ACC Network for Bob unless I decide to pay more money to Verizon Fios:

https://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/2019/08/can-i-get-acc-network-on-verizon-fios.html

My current package does not include YES Network. I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, NFL Network, MLB Network, BIG10 and some others but no YES, ESPNews, SEC Network, CBS Sports Network...

I'm more interested in reducing the amount of $$ spent on TV/Internet than increasing it.

Are you sure BIG10 doesn't count? Do you have any Fox Sports network other than FS1? I'm guessing Syracuse homed in on the YES Network because of where they are located.

Bob Green
08-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Are you sure BIG10 doesn't count? Do you have any Fox Sports network other than FS1? I'm guessing Syracuse homed in on the YES Network because of where they are located.

I get FS1 and FS2 plus MASN...hopefully those count. We will all know Thursday at 7 pm.

tbyers11
08-19-2019, 04:13 PM
I get FS1 and FS2 plus MASN...hopefully those count. We will all know Thursday at 7 pm.

I would think that MASN would count as a regional sports network in this instance. However, as you pointed out, you won't really know until it goes live.

awhom111
08-19-2019, 09:29 PM

The latest rumor is 612, grouped near the other conference channels.

duke2x
08-19-2019, 09:38 PM
It appears no ACC Network for Bob unless I decide to pay more money to Verizon Fios...I'm more interested in reducing the amount of $$ spent on TV/Internet than increasing it.

The streaming services are the cheapest option. Sling raised its prices for a sports tier ($35 from $30) but ACC-N is TBD. You can price your area options v. the luxury streaming services more effectively than I can.

I don't have to buy cable until the day of the KS game and am resigned to only getting MTSU on 620 WDNC in my car. It's part of the deal when you started practicing FIRE + Travel before age 40.

DevilHorse
08-21-2019, 07:59 AM
Found ACCN now appearing in the roll on Channel 248 of Optimum Cablevision in Central NJ. No programming is listed; "NO DATA" listed through all of Thursday. Next to the SEC and BTN networks; logical choice.

Larry
DevilHorse

PDDuke85
08-21-2019, 09:11 AM
Found ACCN now appearing in the roll on Channel 248 of Optimum Cablevision in Central NJ. No programming is listed; "NO DATA" listed through all of Thursday. Next to the SEC and BTN networks; logical choice.

Larry
DevilHorse

ACCN on channel 388, Spectrum, here in Charleston SC

OZZIE4DUKE
08-21-2019, 09:39 AM
I found the ACCN at channel 388 in the Spectrum program guide this morning! Actual listings begin Thursday at 7:00 pm. LGD GTHc!

dukeinla
08-21-2019, 10:16 AM
i searched directv by the name of the show The Class that Saved Coach K and crickets- it didn't show up

arnie
08-21-2019, 12:10 PM
I found the ACCN at channel 388 in the Spectrum program guide this morning! Actual listings begin Thursday at 7:00 pm. LGD GTHc!

Across North Carolina? Also, I’m similar to Mr. Green and will not pay any more for sports programming. I have ESPN, deuce and U along with FS1 and FS2. Wonder if my Spectrum package will include? If not, guess I’ll miss some games.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-21-2019, 12:20 PM

Across North Carolina? Also, I’m similar to Mr. Green and will not pay any more for sports programming. I have ESPN, deuce and U along with FS1 and FS2. Wonder if my Spectrum package will include? If not, guess I’ll miss some games.
Probably, but check your program guide. We already have their sports package (MLB - 306 and the Tennis Channel - 406 are a must in this household!). Don't know what'll be standard and what'll be extra, but c'mon, you know you're gonna sign up! This is no time to pinch pennies! :cool:

budwom
08-21-2019, 12:21 PM

I'm on the same page, I get several sports packages and enough is enough. If I miss that Clemson vs Va Tech horseshoes match, I'll catch it when it comes out on video...

whereinthehellami
08-21-2019, 12:59 PM
I cord-cut for a reason. Disappointed in the lack of imagination from the ACC officials. This was a chance to be innovative and forward thinking but alas it is just a pure money grab. and a poorly orchestrated one at that. you would think someone in a suit involved in the money grab would have asked if it is a prudent business decision to drive away viewership when sports viewership in general are on a prolonged downward trend. At 47, I am only interested in Duke basketball and football. With moves like this i feel one step closer to being done all together. I'll watch the ACCN games I want in a bar but i will not support the money grab on principal alone.

DevilHorse
08-21-2019, 01:45 PM

Larry
DevilHorse

Programming is available remotely on the DVR.
7-9 "All ACC" (whatever that is),
9-10:30 "The Class That Saved Coach K" (no doubt gym class),
10:30-11 "An Evening With The Class That Saved Coach K" (sounds like the Class of 1986 Road Table, with roll call),
11-11:30 "The Huddle" (Introducing the ACC Channel),
rinse and repeat until the ACC Championship Game with Clemson and GT.

Larry
DevilHorse

Bob Green
08-21-2019, 03:38 PM
ACC Network will be Channel 829 on Verizon Fios. I'm anxiously awaiting 7 pm tomorrow to see whether or not it is included in my current package.

arnie
08-21-2019, 04:22 PM
Probably, but check your program guide. We already have their sports package (MLB - 306 and the Tennis Channel - 406 are a must in this household!). Don't know what'll be standard and what'll be extra, but c'mon, you know you're gonna sign up! This is no time to pinch pennies! :cool:

I may fold later and pay more if they schedule Duke b-ball/football on this decrepit, bag lady network; but if I do that, I will hate myself in the morning😖.

WV_Iron_Duke
08-21-2019, 04:39 PM
If on Verizon Fios : go to the programming schedule then Filter by subscribed channels and it should come up at ch 829 if you are going to get it. I am Ultimate HD and get Olympic ch 591 and Red Zone so will certainly get ch 829.

WiJoe
08-21-2019, 04:55 PM
I understand directv customers/subscribers/suckers may/may not/ allegedly will find aacn on ch. 612. Nothing in program guide to confirm as of two minutes ago. Just spoke with someone in acc office. She could not tell me where to find acc on dtv.
Preposterous.

arnie
08-21-2019, 09:12 PM

Just turned on Spectrum 388 and it’s on a repeated minute or so roll showing the sports and ACC logos to “spellbinding” music. Of course, take a wild guess as to which Logo shows up 1st.

budwom
08-22-2019, 07:11 AM
I understand directv customers/subscribers/suckers may/may not/ allegedly will find aacn on ch. 612. Nothing in program guide to confirm as of two minutes ago. Just spoke with someone in acc office. She could not tell me where to find acc on dtv.
Preposterous.

as of 7 a.m. still nothing on direcTV, just have to wait til this evening i guess

hallcity
08-22-2019, 08:52 AM
Watch out if you are a former Time Warner Cable customer (TWC). I am a Spectrum customer who used to be a TWC customer before Spectrum bought out TWC. When I looked at channel 388 last night, I did not see a colorful ACC graphics display. What I saw was a black and white screen saying that if I wanted ACCN that I had to call Spectrum. When I called Spectrum, it took the clueless operator, who had never heard of ACCN, about a half hour to figure out what the problems was. It turned out that I had a "legacy TWC" plan and their system doesn't allow the addition of channels to a legacy plan. I had to switch to a Spectrum plan. When I asked how much more it would cost, there was a delay of a few minutes before I was told it would cost about $20 a month less. I made the switch and the black and white screen turned into the colorful ACC graphics. I've since read online accounts from other people who have had a similar experience with Spectrum. If Spectrum doesn't figure out a way to automatically add ACCN for customers with legacy plans, their operators will be deluged over the next few weeks.

HaveFunExpectToWin
08-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Per NYT... https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/sports/ncaafootball/acc-network-espn.html

“Barring any last-minute agreements — and in carriage negotiations, there are often last minute agreements — the ACC Network will be carried at launch by DirecTV, Verizon, Charter and Optimum, as well as a host of smaller companies and digital upstarts. It will not be carried by Comcast, AT&T, Dish or Cox.”

Still have a few months before any real basketball action is on.

Stray Gator
08-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Here in Orlando, on Spectrum cable, the ACC Network is now telecasting on Channels 90 and 1187; but the only content running currently is a series of looping promotional videos, and the guide that shows future programming simply says "Data Not Available."

BlueDevil2K
08-22-2019, 11:19 AM
Watch out if you are a former Time Warner Cable customer (TWC). I am a Spectrum customer who used to be a TWC customer before Spectrum bought out TWC. When I looked at channel 388 last night, I did not see a colorful ACC graphics display. What I saw was a black and white screen saying that if I wanted ACCN that I had to call Spectrum. When I called Spectrum, it took the clueless operator, who had never heard of ACCN, about a half hour to figure out what the problems was. It turned out that I had a "legacy TWC" plan and their system doesn't allow the addition of channels to a legacy plan. I had to switch to a Spectrum plan. When I asked how much more it would cost, there was a delay of a few minutes before I was told it would cost about $20 a month less. I made the switch and the black and white screen turned into the colorful ACC graphics. I've since read online accounts from other people who have had a similar experience with Spectrum. If Spectrum doesn't figure out a way to automatically add ACCN for customers with legacy plans, their operators will be deluged over the next few weeks.

I've been running into a similar problem, and I was guessing that the root cause was the legacy TWC plans. I haven't seen similar online accounts - where did you see them?

Thanks!

tbyers11
08-22-2019, 11:34 AM
Here in Orlando, on Spectrum cable, the ACC Network is now telecasting on Channels 90 and 1187; but the only content running currently is a series of looping promotional videos, and the guide that shows future programming simply says "Data Not Available."

Thanks for the info Stray . I am also a Bright House/Spectrum/Charter customer in the Orlando area and I was searching for the channel last night. I couldn't find it or any online mention of what the number would be. Hopefully it will be on my cable box when I get home tonight.

Natty_B
08-22-2019, 12:05 PM
I cord-cut for a reason. Disappointed in the lack of imagination from the ACC officials. This was a chance to be innovative and forward thinking but alas it is just a pure money grab. and a poorly orchestrated one at that. you would think someone in a suit involved in the money grab would have asked if it is a prudent business decision to drive away viewership when sports viewership in general are on a prolonged downward trend. At 47, I am only interested in Duke basketball and football. With moves like this i feel one step closer to being done all together. I'll watch the ACCN games I want in a bar but i will not support the money grab on principal alone.

If you "cut the cord" then you can get the ACCN on streaming options Hulu TV or Youtube TV. Cutting the cord doesn't mean not having to pay for content.

hallcity
08-22-2019, 12:34 PM
I've been running into a similar problem, and I was guessing that the root cause was the legacy TWC plans. I haven't seen similar online accounts - where did you see them?

Thanks!

Twitter

MulletMan
08-22-2019, 02:03 PM
I can confirm that my DirecTV guide is showing ACCN on channel 612. I can also confirm that as of now, it is saying that I need the premium Sports Pack which is unlike Big Ten and SEC networks. Interesting.

60sDukie
08-22-2019, 03:05 PM
I still don’t see channel 612 in directv online guide. Does anyone else not see it yet? I just don’t trust Directv not to have screwed something up.

Bob Green
08-22-2019, 03:06 PM

ACC Network is scheduled to go live at 7 pm.

budwom
08-22-2019, 03:16 PM
I can confirm that my DirecTV guide is showing ACCN on channel 612. I can also confirm that as of now, it is saying that I need the premium Sports Pack which is unlike Big Ten and SEC networks. Interesting.

Ah, that's so strange. I have DirecTV, and as of moments ago, there is no channel 612 for me at all, could not find any ACCN listing...maybe by 7pm? I see the Big Ten and SEC networks (as usual)...

JimBD
08-22-2019, 04:08 PM

I live in the New Orleans area and as of now my Directv channel guide shows nothing for Channel 612. However, I " chatted" with a Directv customer rep who told me that I should begin receiving ACCN on Channel 612 beginning at 6:00 PM central time tonight. Apparently, to receive that channel you have to subscribe to either their CHOICE, XTRA, ULTIMATE, or PREMIER package, which include the "regional sports package".

Assuming I am ultimately able to receive channel 612, I will keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to watch Duke games. The regional sports package also includes the FOX sports channels, and 90% of the time the Duke games are "blacked out in my area" due to "contractual considerations", even though Duke is over a thousand miles away and the games are sold-out. Apparently, Directv is unwilling to pay FOX for Duke games in my area, even though by paying for the extra package, I was led to believe that I would be able to watch the Duke games on the FOX sports channels.

Pardon me for venting, but I have been extremely unhappy with Directv on numerous occasions.

WiJoe
08-22-2019, 04:50 PM
I still don’t see channel 612 in directv online guide. Does anyone else not see it yet? I just don’t trust Directv not to have screwed something up.

Same here, although fwiw I'm in Wisconsin. Expecting the worst. I subscribe to sportspack, or whatever they call it.

Turk
08-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Was in Pittsburgh last weekend and people are just as confused whether or not they'll be able to see Pitt's games. Uncle Turk is blaming the ACC network for a ridiculous 11AM kickoff time for Pitt's cannon fodder game with Ohio. "What are they thinking? That's prime tailgating time!!" He got so fed up with the ambiguity of football schedules that he chose not to re-up his season tix for the first time in 30+ years, and don't get him started on Thursday night games. (On the other hand, his yard is immaculate).

I also happened to catch some nonsense on the Worldwide Leader plugging the ACCN, where they showed the "greatest" ACC football team, regardless of whether the school was actually in the conference at the time. So they listed Dan Marino at QB, Jim Brown and Tony Dorsett at RB, etc etc etc. That's just wrong on so many levels. Of the 22 players on offense / defense, I think the only two players from the "original" ACC were on defense (Peppers and LT), and yes, I'm excluding The U and F$U because I said so.

It will be interesting to see how deep the ACCN will have to dig into the "wayback machine" in order to fill all that air time. "Wait, I'm paying cash money to see the Boston College 1973 football season highlights?!?" "Oh yeah, I can't wait to watch a rerun of the Clemson spring football game for the fourth time. I'm all in - get out the chips and Bud Lite! Dilly dilly!"

How many days until basketball season? I don't think I'm going to make it...

duke79
08-22-2019, 06:46 PM
We've "cut the cable" and are now using YouTube TV for our streaming service. It's showing on our schedule that the ACC Network is being offered and I'm going to record the shows tonight. I hope this is true! I don't know if it is part of the ESPN package - we get ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN-U, and ESPN News - but the ACC Network is showing up on the schedule with the various ESPN stations.

sagegrouse
08-22-2019, 07:00 PM
Bingo! I got it! God knows what it is costing me.

arnie
08-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Bingo! I got it! God knows what it is costing me.

I got it for “free” for now.

Bob Green
08-22-2019, 07:03 PM
ACC Network is on my TV. :cool:

Dr. Rosenrosen
08-22-2019, 09:26 PM
Channel is listed but content unavailable on Sling. They say they’re working with Disney on it. Uh huh. This may be the end of the road for me and Sling...

CameronBornAndBred
08-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Supposedly AT&T tv NOW (just renamed from DirectTV NOW last week) is carrying it, but they have not added it to their channel list yet. Thankfully, I only care when I actually need to see a Duke game, so they've got a few weeks to get it right.

nmduke2001
08-22-2019, 09:32 PM
Not showing for me right now. The nice dude in The Philippines told me that I should have it but it’s out in my region right now. Call back tomorrow if it isn’t showing.

tteettimes
08-22-2019, 10:29 PM
Reception on Directv 612 in Durham was excellent tonight

roywhite
08-22-2019, 11:35 PM
To be fair, not only did the ACC Network magically appear on my TV at 7:00 PM on channel 612 of DirecTV, the features on the 1986 Duke basketball team were outstanding.

JimBD
08-23-2019, 01:06 AM
I live in the New Orleans area and as of now my Directv channel guide shows nothing for Channel 612. However, I " chatted" with a Directv customer rep who told me that I should begin receiving ACCN on Channel 612 beginning at 6:00 PM central time tonight. Apparently, to receive that channel you have to subscribe to either their CHOICE, XTRA, ULTIMATE, or PREMIER package, which include the "regional sports package".

Assuming I am ultimately able to receive channel 612, I will keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to watch Duke games. The regional sports package also includes the FOX sports channels, and 90% of the time the Duke games are "blacked out in my area" due to "contractual considerations", even though Duke is over a thousand miles away and the games are sold-out. Apparently, Directv is unwilling to pay FOX for Duke games in my area, even though by paying for the extra package, I was led to believe that I would be able to watch the Duke games on the FOX sports channels.

Pardon me for venting, but I have been extremely unhappy with Directv on numerous occasions.

UPDATE: I have had ATT & Directv service (tv, internet, home phone line, and wireless (3 phones) for over 10 years. My monthly bill approaches $500. I have the Directv XTRA package which includes a "regional sports package" with which I get the Big Ten (610) and SEC (611) and various FOX Sports channels at no additional charge. When I tried to pull up the ACCN channel (612), I got a message that I was not subscribed to that channel, but the problem might be solved by rebooting my receiver. I rebooted and got the same message, suggesting that I call customer service with error code 721. The customer service representative said he saw no reason why I was not getting channel 612, and that he could help me. After about 20 minutes and rebooting my receiver a couple of times he pulled up channel 612. In his closing summation, he mentioned that he had added a "Premium Sports Package". When I asked if there was any additional charge, he said that the Premium package would be an additional $13.95/month, but he could give me a $5.00 credit for 3 months. When I balked at that, he referred me to the "Loyalty Department" which after being put on hold several times agreed to give me a "break" by giving me a one-time credit of $70.00. Some break! While i can now get Big Ten and SEC network games at no additional charge, I now have to pay a net of approximately $8.33/month for the first year and $13.95/month after that for ACCN, and the Directv representative could not guarantee that Duke games would not be blacked out in Louisiana. I continue to be very unhappy with Directv and will be looking for other providers.

Duke previously had a recruiting advantage in that more Duke basketball games were broadcast on television at no additional charge than any other school. Now families and friends of recruits will have to pay to see many of those games.

arnie
08-23-2019, 06:36 AM
To be fair, not only did the ACC Network magically appear on my TV at 7:00 PM on channel 612 of DirecTV, the features on the 1986 Duke basketball team were outstanding.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show and even Bilas’ presence didn’t bother me. Didn’t know why Jackman transferred, now I get it.

For me, the only unanswered question was Weldon Williams PT. When I saw him play cleanup minutes, I thought he was much better than the scrubs. I recall he was an engineering major and maybe didn’t focus on b-ball as much, but was there more to this? He seemed pleased to be part of the show and group last night, guess no hard feelings.

HereBeforeCoachK
08-23-2019, 07:21 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the show and even Bilas’ presence didn’t bother me. Didn’t know why Jackman transferred, now I get it.

For me, the only unanswered question was Weldon Williams PT. When I saw him play cleanup minutes, I thought he was much better than the scrubs. I recall he was an engineering major and maybe didn’t focus on b-ball as much, but was there more to this? He seemed pleased to be part of the show and group last night, guess no hard feelings.

I missed the first 35 minutes or so, but what struck me is how many sound bytes they played from David Henderson and how few comments from Danny Ferry and Billy King got on air. And it's still too soon to think about the Louisville game. It always will be. That was the saddest I've ever been after a Duke loss.

budwom
08-23-2019, 07:27 AM

Me too, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the piece was (I only watched part of it, recorded the rest)...evidently my Choice package from DirecTV qualifies me to get ACCN without extra charge...(it ought to be, I pay those guys way too much each month)

budwom
08-23-2019, 07:39 AM
pretty good NY Times article here from yesterday...they mention the balancing act required, i.e. ESPN is paying $240 million over the next 20 years for ACC games, so they'll want to get the best ones (duh) on ESPN or ABC...yet they have to feed ACCN something to make it relevant...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/sports/ncaafootball/acc-network-espn.html

arnie
08-23-2019, 08:39 AM
I missed the first 35 minutes or so, but what struck me is how many sound bytes they played from David Henderson and how few comments from Danny Ferry and Billy King got on air. And it's still too soon to think about the Louisville game. It always will be. That was the saddest I've ever been after a Duke loss.

Since Ferry and King weren’t in the class that saved K, they didn’t do much talking. Was glad to see the others included though.

hallcity
08-23-2019, 09:52 AM
If you're a Spectrum customer and wondering why you can't get ACCN, you need to read this article from the N&O (https://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/tv/warm-tv-blog/article234301447.html). This issue is affecting millions of people.

HereBeforeCoachK
08-23-2019, 10:59 AM
Since Ferry and King weren’t in the class that saved K, they didn’t do much talking. Was glad to see the others included though.

That theory might work, except that Quinn Snyder did a lot of talking that made it on air....and Henderson had more air time - to my eye - than Alarie or Dawkins - who were the two best players.

nmduke2001
08-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Not showing for me right now. The nice dude in The Philippines told me that I should have it but it’s out in my region right now. Call back tomorrow if it isn’t showing.

Update....
My wife spoke with someone from the Philippines (I'm not trying to be rude or funny, but the DirecTV people openly say they are in the Philippines and I find that refreshing) for 45 minutes today. Turns out that we have been customers so long that the sports package now has a different name. The package was never updated on my account, so when the new package got the ACC Network at 7:00 eastern, my system did not receive the update. They weren't able to just change the name on my system to the current name for some reason, so they had to manually add channel 612. I'm guessing this is going to cause a ton of problems later; but for now, I'm good.

Acymetric
08-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Update...
My wife spoke with someone from the Philippines (I'm not trying to be rude or funny, but the DirecTV people openly say they are in the Philippines and I find that refreshing) for 45 minutes today. Turns out that we have been customers so long that the sports package now has a different name. The package was never updated on my account, so when the new package got the ACC Network at 7:00 eastern, my system did not receive the update. They weren't able to just change the name on my system to the current name for some reason, so they had to manually add channel 612. I'm guessing this is going to cause a ton of problems later; but for now, I'm good.

I'm...surprised they could do that, let alone that they would​. A long time to be on the phone with support, but that's decent service.

CameronBornAndBred
08-23-2019, 01:39 PM
I'm...surprised they could do that, let alone that they would​. A long time to be on the phone with support, but that's decent service.

While I am not a DTV subscriber anymore (went with their streaming service) I never had a bad experience with DTV support. It might have taken a while, but my calls were always resolved in a good manner. That was one of the reasons that I stuck with the full service for as long as I did.

WV_Iron_Duke
08-23-2019, 02:18 PM
Complaints: FIOS won't let me add the ACCN as a favorite channel ; WatchESPN won't permit me access to content;
In the 5 greatest moments in ACC history, ND ending of UCLA winning streak was included. We are going to get a lot of non ACC content on the network.

arnie
08-23-2019, 03:36 PM
Complaints: FIOS won't let me add the ACCN as a favorite channel ; WatchESPN won't permit me access to content;
In the 5 greatest moments in ACC history, ND ending of UCLA winning streak was included. We are going to get a lot of non ACC content on the network.

Be glad you didn’t watch the opening segment last night (I got sucked in). Two sports experts picked the 5 “greatest” ACC moments and one guy picked ND ending the UCLA streak. This guy didn’t have a Duke b-ball moment listed; but both experts had the Cheats women soccer domination in their top 5.

Ok overall since Laettner was interviewed and had glowing words for his time at Duke.

HereBeforeCoachK
08-23-2019, 04:32 PM
Be glad you didn’t watch the opening segment last night (I got sucked in). Two sports experts picked the 5 “greatest” ACC moments and one guy picked ND ending the UCLA streak. This guy didn’t have a Duke b-ball moment listed; but both experts had the Cheats women soccer domination in their top 5.

Ok overall since Laettner was interviewed and had glowing words for his time at Duke.

Laettner's shot v Kentucky is the greatest ACC moment period......

Bob Green
08-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Complaints: WatchESPN won't permit me access to content;

I have the same issue. An "Unauthorized User error" comes up when I try. Frustrating.

ohioguy2
08-23-2019, 04:47 PM
If you're a Spectrum customer and wondering why you can't get ACCN, you need to read this article from the N&O (https://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/tv/warm-tv-blog/article234301447.html). This issue is affecting millions of people.

Yep, I am a former Time Werner customer and now a legacy at Spectrum. After a fairly lengthy phone conversation I said to hell with it and decided to not change. It is not as easy as it sounds. Includes e mail provider changes, an equipment change and what “could be” a two or three day wait. But I still pay Spectrum.

arnie
08-23-2019, 05:04 PM
Yep, I am a former Time Werner customer and now a legacy at Spectrum. After a fairly lengthy phone conversation I said to hell with it and decided to not change. It is not as easy as it sounds. Includes e mail provider changes, an equipment change and what “could be” a two or three day wait. But I still pay Spectrum.

Just leave Swofford a voicemail. He’ll fix it for you- it’s his baby🤪.

hibby91
08-23-2019, 05:27 PM

I transitioned from TWC to Spectrum months ago for different reasons. The silver tier that I have is supposed to get ACC Network. It doesn't show up on my guide yet. During my call to them, they indicated that all Spectrum areas should have ACC Network by September 6th.

ohioguy2
08-23-2019, 06:28 PM
I transitioned from TWC to Spectrum months ago for different reasons. The silver tier that I have is supposed to get ACC Network. It doesn't show up on my guide yet. During my call to them, they indicated that all Spectrum areas should have ACC Network by September 6th.

Yep, when I first called I was told Ohio would start September 6th. Wait, she said. You are a legacy customer and can not get it even then unless you change. Called again the next day——

BlueDevil2K
08-23-2019, 09:51 PM

FWIW, I called tonight and was told that even though they aren't adding it to my legacy package, that it should work via the app. I know that contradicts the article - I pointed this out and was still told that it should work. They've apparently gotten a ton of calls today.

But...attempts via the app indicate that Spectrum and ESPN still have their wires crossed and that ACCN(X) is unavailable for everyone regardless of your plan.

Stray Gator
08-23-2019, 10:35 PM
Here in Orlando on Spectrum cable, I'm receiving the ACC Network on my TV, but cannot access it via the app on my phone or through the website on my laptop. On my phone app, the ACC Network doesn't show up at all. On my laptop, the ACC Network appears as Channel 90 in the Guide, but when I clicked on it to watch last night, I got a message saying that the channel is not included in my package -- which is clearly wrong -- and I can upgrade to add it by calling a specified phone number. When I called that number, the representative with whom I spoke was completely clueless; after hemming and hawing and mostly humming to herself for several minutes while supposedly checking into the issue, she informed me that I would need to watch the ACC Network on the separate ESPN app. Unable to access the channel using the ESPN app, I was then able to connect with someone else at Spectrum through an online chat, and was told by this representative that the new channel should be available on the app in about 48 hours. Now, a day later, when I click on the channel from the Guide list, the only options it provides are to record the program or watch it on my TV -- I can't watch it on the laptop. So we'll see tomorrow whether they fix the glitch. In any event, I'm glad that I can watch the ACC Network programming on TV, and remain hopeful that they'll soon resolve the issues to make it accessible online.

roywhite
08-23-2019, 11:56 PM

Yeah, the Notre Dame so-called top 5 greatest ACC moment happened in 1974, and they joined the conference in 2013. What a ridiculous claim.

nmduke2001
08-24-2019, 03:08 PM
While I am not a DTV subscriber anymore (went with their streaming service) I never had a bad experience with DTV support. It might have taken a while, but my calls were always resolved in a good manner. That was one of the reasons that I stuck with the full service for as long as I did.

Second update. I received an email today from DirectTV thanking me for adding a premium package for the low price of $13.99/month. We called back again and they said that we did not have the correct package before. We had the sports package for probably 15 years now. The package I have is so old that they changed the name and mine won’t get updated with the new channel. They removed ACC network because we refused to pay for the new channel. By the way, my package is more expensive and has more channels than the one that they say includes the ACC Network. This customer service is not new to me. DirectTV has been awful for us but we keep it because it shows the most Duke sports out here.

budwom
08-24-2019, 03:17 PM
Second update. I received an email today from DirectTV thanking me for adding a premium package for the low price of $13.99/month. We called back again and they said that we did not have the correct package before. We had the sports package for probably 15 years now. The package I have is so old that they changed the name and mine won’t get updated with the new channel. They removed ACC network because we refused to pay for the new channel. By the way, my package is more expensive and has more channels than the one that they say includes the ACC Network. This customer service is not new to me. DirectTV has been awful for us but we keep it because it shows the most Duke sports out here.

Yes, DirecTV is great when it's working fine...but I've had an issue for several months now that 6-8 phone calls can't resolve....they admit it's an issue but I've yet to find anyone competent enough there to fix it...as a result they've given me a price break for six months...the issue itself is almost laughable: after years of being able to order pay per view movies from them, I can no longer do so...every time I click on a movie, I get a message saying I have to call them.
When I call, they (this is almost too absurd to relate) tell me that their system won't let me order a movie because "I've already exceeded my monthly allotment of 200 (two hundred) movies," though I haven't watched ANY movies, as they can easily see when they look at my account. Another example of The Tyranny of Bad Software, and they just can't fix it. So if some people are having trouble getting the ACCN thru them, color me a blue shade of unsurprised.

nmduke2001
08-24-2019, 03:32 PM
I am a pretty relaxed guy. I almost never get upset with service reps. However, in 2002 I went insane on someone at directv. I was living in Michigan. The Duke schedule came out and Duke would be playing Maryland on CBS. This was a potential 1 vs 2 match up. I checked ahead and noticed that Michigan was playing Michigan State at the same time on CBS. So I called DirectTV and asked them if the college basketball package would give me the Duke game. I explained to them that it was a cbs game and they assured me if I bought the $199 college basketball package that I would get the Duke game. Game day comes around and no Duke game. I called up and the rep told me, “it’s a CBS game and it’s regional.” I explained to him that I asked that before and was assured I would get it. He was less than understanding. I asked for my money back and he refused. I went off on them. Final result; they did not give me my money back.

AGDukesky
08-24-2019, 05:16 PM
Glad to see my PS VUE has added the channel!

jimsumner
08-24-2019, 05:40 PM
I am a pretty relaxed guy. I almost never get upset with service reps.

Getting upset with customer reps is my default mode. :)

ohioguy2
08-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Just leave Swofford a voicemail. He’ll fix it for you- it’s his baby🤪.

I filed an on line complaint with the FCC.

CameronBornAndBred
08-24-2019, 09:31 PM
Getting upset with customer reps is my default mode. :)

I preface my tirade with "I understand that you are only doing your job, and likely have no control, but..." #&#*@(!*&#!!!!!!!

Those poor folks. (Also, huge kudos to those that tolerate my tirade AND are able to do something.)

ohioguy2
08-25-2019, 07:48 AM
I received a reply from the FCC that they will be forwarding my complaint to Spectrum and keeping me up to date. I think everyone affected as a legacy customer should file a complaint with the FCC. Probably won’t do any good, but it makes me feel a little better knowing I have irritated Spectrum somehow.

BandAlum83
08-25-2019, 12:09 PM
So what is the bottom line here? I have xfinity/Comcast. It seems I won’t have access to the ACCN. I won’t pay extra for it above and beyond my Comcast costs UNLESS it means I will miss Duke BBall for the season.

Is there a program listing already published that will give me an idea of what programming I will be missing without ACCN?

BandAlum83
08-25-2019, 12:19 PM
I just read this in an Atlanta Journal-Constitution article:

What about streaming services?

YouTube TV, Hulu LIVE TVand PlayStation Vue are all linked. (Search ACC Network for listings.) Games also be available on the ESPN app to authenticated cable subscribers.

Is this true? So I can stream it on my phone or laptop and throw it up onto my TV?

budwom
08-25-2019, 12:41 PM
So what is the bottom line here? I have xfinity/Comcast. It seems I won’t have access to the ACCN. I won’t pay extra for it above and beyond my Comcast costs UNLESS it means I will miss Duke BBall for the season.

Is there a program listing already published that will give me an idea of what programming I will be missing without ACCN?

No, but it won't be much(missing Duke games)..remember (and much has been written about this): ESPN has an ownership stake in the ACCN but also has paid a megabundle for ESPN to broadcast games, so you can be assured that they will want all of the top games, and the vast majority of Duke games, to appear on one of the ESPN channels.

Bob Green
08-25-2019, 01:07 PM
Is this true? So I can stream it on my phone or laptop and throw it up onto my TV?

Theoretically but I'm not sure because I have ACC Network on my TV (Verizon FIOS Channel 829) and when I try to access it on my laptop an "Unauthorized User error" pops up. It appears ESPN, ACC Network and the various cable services are not yet in sync. How long before they are?

AGDukesky
08-25-2019, 01:20 PM
I just read this in an Atlanta Journal-Constitution article:

I have PS Vue and am watching it on my iPhone. I assume I could mirror it to my AppleTV if I wanted to but have not tried it.

Dr. Rosenrosen
08-25-2019, 01:25 PM
Theoretically but I'm not sure because I have ACC Network on my TV (Verizon FIOS Channel 829) and when I try to access it on my laptop an "Unauthorized User error" pops up. It appears ESPN, ACC Network and the various cable services are not yet in sync. How long before they are?
This was meant to be rhetorical, right? :cool:

hallcity
08-25-2019, 04:37 PM

It’s working for me this afternoon. It wasn’t working before today.

Kdogg
08-25-2019, 04:45 PM
I preface my tirade with "I understand that you are only doing your job, and likely have no control, but..." #&#*@(!*&#!!!!!!!

Those poor folks. (Also, huge kudos to those that tolerate my tirade AND are able to do something.)

If I know tempers will flare, I kindly ask the first rep if I can speak to a supervisor. They will ask why and I inform them I do not want to raise my voice with you as it’s not your fault. I would like to do it to a higher up. I then ask the next person and if they claim there is no other supervisor I ask for the manager and tell them why. It’s the manger that gets the brunt of my ire. Every once in awhile the first rep goes above and beyond and can fix the problem. I then ask for the survey.

In this case no one at Spectrum can help. Search of ACC Network point me to the Big Ten Network.

CameronBornAndBred
08-25-2019, 05:54 PM
As much as I had hoped (and had been given optimism for), ACCN is still not a part of DirectTV/AT&T's streaming service.
I'm becoming less convinced this is the fault of the carrier, but am squarely putting the blame on ACCN.

Think about it. If you go to getaccn.com, it basically says "if you don't see us listed, then ask your carrier to have us included." So, they have done such a weak job of getting themselves up and running that it is not their fault that we can't watch, but ours! Because we didn't do their job well enough and ask for their channel to be included. (Even though ACCN has had months and months to make this happen on their own.)

That's some serious marketing chutzpah.

HereBeforeCoachK
08-25-2019, 05:56 PM
As much as I had hoped (and had been given optimism for), ACCN is still not a part of DirectTV/AT&T's streaming service.
I'm becoming less convinced this is the fault of the carrier, but am squarely putting the blame on ACCN.

Think about it. If you go to getaccn.com, it basically says "if you don't see us listed, then ask your carrier to have us included." So, they have done such a weak job of getting themselves up and running that it is not their fault that we can't watch, but ours! Because we didn't do their job well enough and ask for their channel to be included. (Even though ACCN has had months and months to make this happen on their own.)

That's some serious marketing chutzpah.

That's not how I read this......

CameronBornAndBred
08-25-2019, 06:07 PM
That's not how I read this...

DON’T SEE YOUR TV PROVIDER?

Contact them today to demand they carry ACCN.
Or, sign up today by clicking on a provider above.

It's how I read it. They are asking me to do their marketing job. Pretty clearly.

Acymetric
08-25-2019, 06:14 PM
It's how I read it. They are asking me to do their marketing job. Pretty clearly.

This is how it goes with literally every channel/carriage negotiation though. Not anything unique to the ACCN.

HereBeforeCoachK
08-25-2019, 06:19 PM

That's a very cynical view, and one that is formed without knowing how these deals normally happen. This is nothing unique to the ACCN.....

CameronBornAndBred
08-25-2019, 06:36 PM
That's a very cynical view, and one that is formed without knowing how these deals normally happen. This is nothing unique to the ACCN....

I never claimed to know. I am merely expressing my outsider's opinion.

Bike4Fun
08-25-2019, 06:37 PM
So I converted from my legacy TWarner package to Spectrum and got ACCN (Channel 388 in Durham), which saved me $36/mon. Happy about that. BUT now I learn there is ACC Network Extra which right now is carrying the Duke-UNC Women's soccer match. Apparently, I don't get ACCNX because that's not part of the Spectrum package. It's not a channel in their lineup and I can't stream it through ESPN (which I get from Spectrum).

hallcity
08-25-2019, 06:59 PM
So I converted from my legacy TWarner package to Spectrum and got ACCN (Channel 388 in Durham), which saved me $36/mon. Happy about that. BUT now I learn there is ACC Network Extra which right now is carrying the Duke-UNC Women's soccer match. Apparently, I don't get ACCNX because that's not part of the Spectrum package. It's not a channel in their lineup and I can't stream it through ESPN (which I get from Spectrum).

ACCNX is supposed to go along with ACCN. It’s streaming only. There have been a lot of problems with ACCNX, going well beyond Spectrum. I’m getting ACCNX to some extent now but I can’t get the soccer game. It keeps telling me the game has yet to start even though it’s past time for it to start. Growing pains.

Acymetric
08-25-2019, 07:02 PM

ACCNX is supposed to go along with ACCN. It’s streaming only. There have been a lot of problems with ACCNX, going well beyond Spectrum. I’m getting ACCNX to some extent now but I can’t get the soccer game. It keeps telling me the game has yet to start even though it’s past time for it to start. Growing pains.

Yeah, there are issues with the streaming component that supposedly ESPN is working with the carriers on. You'll be able to stream ACCNX once the kinks are worked out.

ohioguy2
08-27-2019, 03:30 PM
I received a call this morning from a Spectrum public relations guy who said he was going to have to have someone higher up call me tomorrow. This call was a result of my complaint to the FCC. Evidently they must follow up on all FCC complaints filed by customers. Please, everyone affected needs to file an FCC complaint ASAP. I plan on contacting my Public Utilities Commission and claim fraud.

rasputin
08-27-2019, 06:14 PM
I have DirecTV and when I tried to tune in yesterday I got the error code that I don't have a subscription for the channel. I did a live chat with a customer service rep this afternoon, and he said that with the package I have, I should have access to the ACC network, and that he was going to refresh my authentication signal, and that I should do a hard reboot on my primary receiver, and that ACC network should appear.

So, what are the chances that this will actually happen?

Acymetric
08-27-2019, 06:19 PM
I have DirecTV and when I tried to tune in yesterday I got the error code that I don't have a subscription for the channel. I did a live chat with a customer service rep this afternoon, and he said that with the package I have, I should have access to the ACC network, and that he was going to refresh my authentication signal, and that I should do a hard reboot on my primary receiver, and that ACC network should appear.

You tell us after you finish the hard reboot.

rasputin
08-28-2019, 11:39 AM
You tell us after you finish the hard reboot.

Hard reboot done. Three times. No results. No surprise.

budwom
08-28-2019, 11:49 AM

After at least six calls spanning eight hours with DirecTV, they never fixed my very basic, easy problem(*), so I am sincerely wishing you the best of luck. Like many other providers, DirecTV is just swell when working properly, but good luck getting problems resolved. They obviously have some glitches in their system that the basic phalanx of reps and supervisors just can't fix...I did get a big temporary discount out of them for my troubles, but still the basic problem exists..

* after years of successfully doing so, I can no longer buy pay per view movies with a click...I get a message to call them, whereupon they (repeatedly) tell me I "have exceeded my monthly quota of 200 movies" when in fact I have watched no movies whatsoever...and of course my billing history verifies this. The Tyranny of Bad Software...they have been utterly clueless.

CameronBornAndBred
08-28-2019, 12:34 PM
Hard reboot done. Three times. No results. No surprise.

Have you tried streaming through WatchESPN? If it is indeed in your package, it should work, right?

Acymetric
08-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Have you tried streaming through WatchESPN? If it is indeed in your package, it should work, right?

Except that streaming through WatchESPN appears to be not working for a large number of people who do have the channel available on TV yet (unless that issue has been resolved).

BlueDevil2K
08-28-2019, 12:38 PM
FWIW, I called tonight and was told that even though they aren't adding it to my legacy package, that it should work via the app. I know that contradicts the article - I pointed this out and was still told that it should work. They've apparently gotten a ton of calls today.

But...attempts via the app indicate that Spectrum and ESPN still have their wires crossed and that ACCN(X) is unavailable for everyone regardless of your plan.

Now that the kinks have been worked out...this was indeed misinformation. I fall into the same bucket as the folks in Syracuse (see article on front page) and the poster from Western NC who left a comment. $30/month more to get ACCN, though they did eventually offer me a promotional deal of only $15/month more for 12 months. Sigh...

budwom
08-28-2019, 12:40 PM
^ that sounds VERY steep...

Bob Green
08-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Except that streaming through WatchESPN appears to be not working for a large number of people who do have the channel available on TV yet (unless that issue has been resolved).

The issue has not been resolved for me. I have ACC Network on my TV (Verizon FIOS Channel 829) but when I attempt to access on WatchESPN I get an Unauthorized User error.

Frustrating.

g4orce
08-28-2019, 03:48 PM
I'm a legacy TW subscriber with a fantastic plan that has been grandfathered in. Spectrum will not allow me to simply switch my cable package w/o making me switch my whole package - phone, cable & internet. I don't want to switch b/c the internet portion of my package is so sweet that going to a comparable Spectrum plan would cost me ~ $54 dollars more per month. My neighborhood is in a rare situation where Google Fiber, AT&T Fiber & Spectrum all operate. B/c TW didn't want to lose me, I have a rate guarantee for another 19 months... and have near fiber speeds with my package.

Why would I want to switch?

Bob Green
08-28-2019, 03:51 PM
I can stream ACC Network now. It magically started working at some point today. :cool:

budwom
08-28-2019, 03:53 PM
I'm a legacy TW subscriber with a fantastic plan that has been grandfathered in. Spectrum will not allow me to simply switch my cable package w/o making me switch my whole package - phone, cable & internet. I don't want to switch b/c the internet portion of my package is so sweet that going to a comparable Spectrum plan would cost me ~ $54 dollars more per month. My neighborhood is in a rare situation where Google Fiber, AT&T Fiber & Spectrum all operate. B/c TW didn't want to lose me, I have a rate guarantee for another 19 months... and have near fiber speeds with my package.

Why would I want to switch?

There is a good reason why cable companies are perpetually rated poorly among consumers...often the least respected corporations they deal with...

https://www.consumerreports.org/phone-tv-internet-bundles/people-still-dont-like-their-cable-companies-telecom-survey/

WV_Iron_Duke
08-28-2019, 04:06 PM
"The issue has not been resolved for me. I have ACC Network on my TV (Verizon FIOS Channel 829) but when I attempt to access on WatchESPN I get an Unauthorized User error."
Bob, I have the same setup but I CAN access ACCN on WatchESPN. But the only content is live so far. At first I got an error but it was different from yours. Mine was " Not authorized to receive this content".

JetpackJesus
08-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Now that the kinks have been worked out...this was indeed misinformation. I fall into the same bucket as the folks in Syracuse (see article on front page) and the poster from Western NC who left a comment. $30/month more to get ACCN, though they did eventually offer me a promotional deal of only $15/month more for 12 months. Sigh...
I also am a "legacy TWC" Spectrum customer, and WatchESPN tells me that ACCN is not included in my Spectrum TV subscription.

On a side note, I spoke with a Spectrum representative yesterday who initially told me my area was not scheduled to received the ACCN until September 6, so apparently not all subscribers were set to receive the channel when it launched. I don't live in a typical location, though, so the delay could be unique to my market. Regardless, legacy TWC customers here still can't get the ACCN without switching to a Spectrum package.

Bob Green
08-28-2019, 04:19 PM
Bob, I have the same setup but I CAN access ACCN on WatchESPN.

My streaming issue is now resolved.

rasputin
08-28-2019, 04:36 PM

I DVR games. I DVR everything. No commercials. No needing 20 minutes to actually play the last 54 seconds of a game.

Acymetric
08-28-2019, 04:38 PM
I DVR games. I DVR everything. No commercials. No needing 20 minutes to actually play the last 54 seconds of a game.

My friend insists on doing this, I won't go to his place to watch games anymore.

BlueDevil2K
08-28-2019, 08:11 PM
^ that sounds VERY steep...

Yeah, I did not take them up on their offer. Looks like I'm far from the only one in this situation...

mbd1mbd1
08-28-2019, 08:14 PM
Women’s soccer v. Georgetown on ACCN right now

Dr. Rosenrosen
08-29-2019, 07:31 AM
Problem solved. Bye bye Slingtv. Hello Hulu.

elvis14
08-29-2019, 11:25 AM
The Clemson AD is tweeting that Spectrum is now on the bus.

Add me to the list of people on the TWC legacy plan. To watch the Clemson game tonight I'll have to change my package to a Spectrum package. I suspect it may end up saving me money. My issue is that 2 days ago via an online chat a customer service rep told me that it would be made available to me (after I told her not to worry about giving me package info because I could watch the game by signing up for YouTube TV's free trial). The channel didn't work so I started another online chat this morning only to be told that the rep from the first chat lied to me. I was less than thrilled.

So if I have to watch the game I'll have to spend some of my free time on the phone with Spectrum today instead on DBR.

ohioguy2
08-29-2019, 12:35 PM
After hearing from the FCC, Spectrum called me. I heard from the sweet voiced “upper level” lady that the reason they would not give me the ACC package is because I was a legacy. I said I know that, but why. Her best answer was “because you are a legacy, “ we then went around in circles for quite some time. Most of her answers were of the because I said so variety. No joy for me. She also said that the New York law suit was dead.

Hey, I hope that all of you contact the FCC. Then at least we will bother them a little.

Dr. Rosenrosen
08-29-2019, 01:21 PM
After hearing from the FCC, Spectrum called me. I heard from the sweet voiced “upper level” lady that the reason they would not give me the ACC package is because I was a legacy. I said I know that, but why. Her best answer was “because you are a legacy, “ we then went around in circles for quite some time. Most of her answers were of the because I said so variety. No joy for me. She also said that the New York law suit was dead.

Hey, I hope that all of you contact the FCC. Then at least we will bother them a little.
$50/mo for AT&T fiber high speed internet + $45/mo for Hulu... just sayin’

ohioguy2
08-29-2019, 02:28 PM
$50/mo for AT&T fiber high speed internet + $45/mo for Hulu... just sayin’

I’m headed in that direction. Exploring several alternatives. Hulu seems to be toward the top.

CameronBornAndBred
08-29-2019, 02:39 PM
I’m headed in that direction. Exploring several alternatives. Hulu seems to be toward the top.

I've signed up for the free week's trial with Hulu. That will let me compare with AT&T TV NOW and also watch the game tonight.

Dr. Rosenrosen
08-29-2019, 02:57 PM
It’s all the channels I care about and even has 3 of 4 local networks. All for half the price of Spectrum or AT&T packages.

hallcity
08-29-2019, 07:30 PM
Talk about last minute! Twitter says ACCN is now on DISH channel 402.

scottdude8
08-29-2019, 08:46 PM
What a weird day. I spent an hour on the phone with my Canadian cable company trying to figure out if the “US College Sports Package” would include ACCN games since the Clemson game wasn’t listed on the guide. No one gave me anything close to a straight answer. And yet, the game IS somehow on, it just wasn’t on the guide. So I think I get ACCN, hooray?!??

Tripping William
08-29-2019, 08:54 PM
Talk about last minute! Twitter says ACCN is now on DISH channel 402.

Boom! Working like a charm. And easy to remember: Right next door to the Golf Channel.

hallcity
09-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Cox has now signed with ACCN.

gep
09-07-2019, 10:00 PM
TWC-Legacy Spectrum customer... so no ACCN on my channel lineup (as expected, based on prior discussions above). But earlier today, I was able to stream on WatchESPN the Florida St game on ACCN and the NC State Game on ACCNX. So I thought OK... I'm on. Then I came back later today, and games on both ACCN and ACCNX on WatchESPN could not be watched since they are not part of my Spectrum package. So no Duke game for me. Did Spectrum "wise up" as the day went on? Or ESPN? Is it time dependent... team dependent? Or just lucky earlier in the day? :confused:

Acymetric
09-08-2019, 12:25 AM
TWC-Legacy Spectrum customer... so no ACCN on my channel lineup (as expected, based on prior discussions above). But earlier today, I was able to stream on WatchESPN the Florida St game on ACCN and the NC State Game on ACCNX. So I thought OK... I'm on. Then I came back later today, and games on both ACCN and ACCNX on WatchESPN could not be watched since they are not part of my Spectrum package. So no Duke game for me. Did Spectrum "wise up" as the day went on? Or ESPN? Is it time dependent... team dependent? Or just lucky earlier in the day? :confused:

I think ESPN is having some problems with online streaming provider authentication generally (it may be provider-specific as I am also Spectrum). I had to log in and log back out of my provider several times just to get the regular ESPN stream (which should work legacy or no) up and running. Got a handful of different error messages the various times I tried before it finally let me in.

HereBeforeCoachK
09-08-2019, 08:05 AM
I think ESPN is having some problems with online streaming provider authentication generally (it may be provider-specific as I am also Spectrum). I had to log in and log back out of my provider several times just to get the regular ESPN stream (which should work legacy or no) up and running. Got a handful of different error messages the various times I tried before it finally let me in.

Not sure how this worked....I could not find the game on Hulu...but was able to watch on espn.com because of my Hulu registration....

Acymetric
09-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Not sure how this worked...I could not find the game on Hulu...but was able to watch on espn.com because of my Hulu registration...

Yes, this is because ACCNX (X is for Extra) is streaming only (via ESPN). It is the exact same as ESPN3 and you access it the same way, it is just branded specifically for the ACC.

duke2x
09-08-2019, 02:32 PM

I had the same problem with Sling during the baseball tournament last year. It was fine on my laptop, but even my old TV + digital box is more comfortable to watch.

Kimist
09-14-2019, 12:19 PM
STILL looking for ACCN to appear on AT&T U-Verse.
Is there any hope?
(Likely extra cost, I assume.)

k

arnie
09-14-2019, 12:23 PM
STILL looking for ACCN to appear on AT&T U-Verse.
Is there any hope?
(Likely extra cost, I assume.)

k

IMHO, drop U-verse if possible. I did and it seems my viewing options are so much better.

hallcity
09-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Overall, there's a pretty good report out of Tallahasee (https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/2019/09/19/acc-network-espn-disney-comcast-no-deal-subscribers-david-coburn-fsu-florida-state-football-nc-state/2372959001/). The ACC Network already has 40 million subscribers and a ATT UVERSE deal is imminent. However, while the parties are still talking ESPN has little leverage with Comcast and they're acting like they're a brick wall. We'll see if they sustain it.

cbarry
09-19-2019, 03:15 PM
I think I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of the ACC Network. I am a "legacy TWC" Spectrum cable customer. I cannot switch to the "regular" Spectrum because that does support Cable Card, which I need for my TiVo. We are DEEPLY invested in the TiVo culture, which requires a cable card and tuning adapter to unscramble the cable signal. It is not compatible with a cable box.

Unfortunately, Tivo won't work with Spectrum, or AT&T Fiber or Google Fiber. I have never used Hulu or Roku. So right now, I'm not a big fan of the new ACC Network. I won't be able to watch as many Duke this year...

I know, eventually, we will have to move on from TiVo, but it's such a good interface-- tons better than any other DVR.

Acymetric
09-19-2019, 03:21 PM
I think I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of the ACC Network. I am a "legacy TWC" Spectrum cable customer. I cannot switch to the "regular" Spectrum because that does support Cable Card, which I need for my TiVo. We are DEEPLY invested in the TiVo culture, which requires a cable card and tuning adapter to unscramble the cable signal. It is not compatible with a cable box.

Unfortunately, Tivo won't work with Spectrum, or AT&T Fiber or Google Fiber. I have never used Hulu or Roku. So right now, I'm not a big fan of the new ACC Network. I won't be able to watch as many Duke this year...

I know, eventually, we will have to move on from TiVo, but it's such a good interface-- tons better than any other DVR.

Who/what told you that you couldn't get a cable card with Spectrum? That does not appear to be true. If it was a customer support rep, they likely didn't know what they were talking about.

For reference: https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/about-cablecards/?cid=slp-con-ica-res-twc

CameronBornAndBred
09-19-2019, 03:50 PM
No, but it won't be much(missing Duke games)..remember (and much has been written about this): ESPN has an ownership stake in the ACCN but also has paid a megabundle for ESPN to broadcast games, so you can be assured that they will want all of the top games, and the vast majority of Duke games, to appear on one of the ESPN channels.

I was thinking about this post, so decided to see what the schedule has in store. There actually are a fair number of games that are ACCN only, and others that will be on both ACCN/ESPN.

Dec 6 VT ACCN
Dec 31 BC ACCN
Jan 8 GT ACCN
Jan 11 WFU ACCN
Feb 25 WFU ACCN

There are a number of teams that have no broadcast at all announced yet, too.
https://goduke.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

ohioguy2
09-19-2019, 04:19 PM
[SUB[/SUB]

My complaints to thr FCC have only led me to being pushed higher up the ladder at Spectrum. Each and every Spectrum rep has said the same things, upgrade from legacy or you will not be able to get want you want. I asked if was not just a simple push of a button, and was told I was missing the point.

My state agency contacted Spectrum and was essentially told I had contacted them and elected not to change.

Oh well.

hallcity
09-19-2019, 06:47 PM
[SUB[/SUB]

My complaints to thr FCC have only led me to being pushed higher up the ladder at Spectrum. Each and every Spectrum rep has said the same things, upgrade from legacy or you will not be able to get want you want. I asked if was not just a simple push of a button, and was told I was missing the point.

My state agency contacted Spectrum and was essentially told I had contacted them and elected not to change.

Oh well.

So why don’t you switch to a Spectrum plan? Some people have reported a price increase with the change; some a price decrease. I saved $20 a month by changing.

ohioguy2
09-19-2019, 08:07 PM
So why don’t you switch to a Spectrum plan? Some people have reported a price increase with the change; some a price decrease. I saved $20 a month by changing.

It is an e mail provider problem, an equipment problem and a price raise problem.

msdukie
09-19-2019, 11:26 PM
I was thinking about this post, so decided to see what the schedule has in store. There actually are a fair number of games that are ACCN only, and others that will be on both ACCN/ESPN.

Dec 6 VT ACCN
Dec 31 BC ACCN
Jan 8 GT ACCN
Jan 11 WFU ACCN
Feb 25 WFU ACCN

There are a number of teams that have no broadcast at all announced yet, too.
https://goduke.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

There are no "both ACCN/ESPN games", the designations in the schedule just mean that the network is not decided on those games yet.

hallcity
09-25-2019, 11:55 AM
Twitter is saying that ATT Uverse has now added ACCN. That leaves Comcast as the only holdout not carrying ACCN. Unfortunately, Comcast is the biggest carrier in the U.S.

cbarry
09-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Twitter is saying that ATT Uverse has now added ACCN. That leaves Comcast as the only holdout not carrying ACCN. Unfortunately, Comcast is the biggest carrier in the U.S.
Spectrum (Time Warner legacy) still doesn’t cover it. I haven’t had time or energy to try to switch over from
legacy to standard Spectrum. It appears that regular Spectrum will work with my cable card for TiVo, so I may have to make the switch. My Spectrum service will never add ACCN because it’s TWC “legacy”.

75Crazie
09-25-2019, 02:05 PM
I can confirm that ACCN now shows up on my Uverse channel list.

camion
09-25-2019, 10:30 PM
I can confirm that ACCN now shows up on my Uverse channel list.

Yep. Reconfirmed. Channel 1610 on my U-verse listing.

OldPhiKap
09-26-2019, 06:34 AM
I can confirm that I will be watching SEC football here in Comcast-land this Saturday.

DukieInKansas
09-26-2019, 10:21 AM
Best part of changing my Spectrum package from being TWC legacy - I get the NBCSN Olympic channel and can watch UCI World Championships! Unfortunately, I haven't seen much Duke on ACCN yet.

cbarry
09-26-2019, 10:33 AM
Ok, I’m definitely switching to regular Spectrum now!
NBCSN is one of the places where I can get my curling fix when I’m not on the ice curling, myself!

Best part of changing my Spectrum package from being TWC legacy - I get the NBCSN Olympic channel and can watch UCI World Championships! Unfortunately, I haven't seen much Duke on ACCN yet.

aimo
09-27-2019, 11:43 AM
So, U-verse has ACCN now. Anybody know which channel in Durham? Is it upper-tier only? I can't find info online, yet.

aimo
09-27-2019, 12:38 PM
So, U-verse has ACCN now. Anybody know which channel in Durham? Is it upper-tier only? I can't find info online, yet.

Nevermind, found it. 1610. Who knew the N&O was actually still good for something?

Reilly
10-07-2019, 07:44 PM
So how common is it that a sports bar w/ DirecTV would not not have the ACCN (ch. 612)?

I encountered that scenario several times in a suburb of a major American city last Saturday ... and now see the Virginia game on 10/19 is also on the elusive ACCN.

Acymetric
10-07-2019, 07:50 PM
So how common is it that a sports bar w/ DirecTV would not not have the ACCN (ch. 612)?

I encountered that scenario several times in a suburb of a major American city last Saturday ... and now see the Virginia game on 10/19 is also on the elusive ACCN.

Did they actually not have it, or did they just not bother to look?

Reilly
10-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Did they actually not have it, or did they just not bother to look?

No, they looked (and in one case, I of course had called days ahead of time to check -- but am astute enough after many decades of chasing Duke football to not trust any answer I'm given).

Ch. 612 would pop up, denoted as Duke/Pitt, but then with a screen full of dense text about not part of package or re-set signal via going to the internet or pressing here to order specifically or yada yada ....

Acymetric
10-07-2019, 08:01 PM
No, they looked (and in one case, I of course had called days ahead of time to check -- but am astute enough after many decades of chasing Duke football to not trust any answer I'm given).

Ch. 612 would pop up, denoted as Duke/Pitt, but then with a screen full of dense text about not part of package or re-set signal via going to the internet or pressing here to order specifically or yada yada ...

It does depend on where the bar was and what package they have (I don't know what a typical package would be for a sports bar). I would expect most major sports bars (like a Buffalo Wild Wings, or Carolina Ale House) to have this. Smaller operations maybe not.

From AT&T:

Available with CHOICE and above packages in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia.
Other areas: Available with SPORTS PACK.

Reilly
10-07-2019, 08:16 PM
It does depend on where the bar was and what package they have (I don't know what a typical package would be for a sports bar). I would expect most major sports bars (like a Buffalo Wild Wings, or Carolina Ale House) to have this. Smaller operations maybe not.

From AT&T:

Available with CHOICE and above packages in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia.
Other areas: Available with SPORTS PACK.

Interesting. Thanks. I was guessing/hoping that DirecTV was some sort of 'pay one price/get everything' type outfit (at least for commercial customers) -- obviously not. Seems it is as balkanized as the cable company packages.

chazz101s
10-19-2019, 03:57 PM
We watch ESPN via a SlingTV orange package here in Piedmont North Carolina.

Today I get an email from ESPN about a doubleheader on ACCN.

I try to remember how to log in on the laptop. Finally . . . via my SlingTV online account!

And I get this message:

Duke vs. Virginia (Football) — Monday, October 21, 4:00 PM — This event has not yet started.

Is this the way that Duke basketball will (NOT) work via ESPN/SlingTV/ACCN?

Related, I emailed three contacts at SlingTV in the last 10 days - first email bounced. Last 2, not a peep, about how to view ACCN via SlingTV. Customer (dis)service that meets expectations.

DukeGrad
11-04-2019, 02:50 PM
I apologize if this had already been answered in this thread, but does anyone know if it’s possible to stream replays of ACCN games if my provider does not offer the ACC Network (only ESPN)?

I do understand live streaming of ACCN games is not available without ACCN.

Unfortunately, I’m rarely able to watch Duke games live. I’m looking for a streaming service, but none seem to include everything my wife (watches a lot of channels) and I (ESPNs + ACCN only for Duke games) want.

lotusland
11-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Well I haven’t been paying attention but just learned Comcast and the ACCN aren’t copacetic so I guess I’m out for tonight’s game. I don’t suppose I can buy streaming direct from the ACCN without going through a provider can I? I’m not willing to buy a Sling bundle strictly for the ACCN.

Bluedog
11-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Well I haven’t been paying attention but just learned Comcast and the ACCN aren’t copacetic so I guess I’m out for tonight’s game. I don’t suppose I can buy streaming direct from the ACCN without going through a provider can I? I’m not willing to buy a Sling bundle strictly for the ACCN.

Nope....I'm in same boat as you. Comcast/Xfinity still a holdout and when they're not, I'm sure it's going to be part of an expensive sports package that I won't pay for. Sad that I'm going to be missing a lot more Duke games than I used to because of ACCN.

Edouble
11-08-2019, 07:14 PM
I can't find the ACC Network on PS Vue. Can anyone help me?

JetpackJesus
11-08-2019, 07:18 PM

I don't know how Vue's plans work, but ACCN is apparently available as part of the Core, Elite and Ultra plans. Do you have one of those plans?

arnie
11-08-2019, 07:19 PM
I don't know how Vue's plans work, but ACCN is apparently available as part of the Core, Elite and Ultra plans. Do you have one of those plans?

Hope we get soccer girl interviews before giving us the Duke game😡

uh_no
11-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Can't believe this didn't get started already.
Post your post-game thoughts here.
Duke wins by 34, covering the spread!

Wonder how much Duke's average casual viewership will drop because of the ACCN.

Bluedog
11-08-2019, 09:59 PM

Not just casual viewership. I'm not casual but couldn't watch the game... :( Probably could have found an internet feed I suppose if I really tried.

duke4ever19
11-08-2019, 10:05 PM

I'm a casualty.

And the sucky thing is I got Xfinity and ESPN+, because I was actually trying to avoid just doing the easy thing and watching the games via pirated streams. Yet I can't even watch Duke play cupcakes? I'm trying to understand it from the perspective of the companies involved, but I can't see how this will do anything but drive people back to the pirated steams.

CoachJ10
11-08-2019, 10:18 PM
I'm a casualty.

And the sucky thing is I got Xfinity and ESPN+, because I was actually trying to avoid just doing the easy thing and watching the games via pirated streams. Yet I can't even watch Duke play cupcakes? I'm trying to understand it from the perspective of the companies involved, but I can't see how this will do anything but drive people back to the pirated steams.

ACCN told Wework “hold my beer”. This rollout has been terrible.

OldPhiKap
11-08-2019, 10:22 PM

I’m beyond casual. F the ACC. I’ve found other things to do.

toughbuff1
11-08-2019, 10:26 PM
I just ditched Comcast and purchased YouTube TV. Get almost all of the channels I want (no nfl network, Comedy Central, or MASN) but I’m saving over $100 a month, and more importantly I can watch all the Duke games. I’d been thinking about ditching cable for awhile now, but Comcast not carrying the ACC Network pushed me over the edge.

richardjackson199
11-08-2019, 10:36 PM
I’m beyond casual. F the ACC. I’ve found other things to do.

Me too.

Before the Duke-UVA football game on ACCN that I had bet a pie on, I called Spectrum to add ACCN. They told me I'd need new cable equipment and that they would increase my monthly cable bill from $225/month to add another $17/month to that to get ACCN. So increase from $225/month to $242/month to add ACCN. So another $204 a year for ACCN.

When I bought my DVR cable package from Time Warner it was $200/month and I was told I'd get all sports channels and price would never increase. Spectrum increased it to $225/month. So hearing it would be another $17/month was final straw.

I told them that instead of adding ACCN, they could just go ahead and cancel all my cable TV and that I would just pay for internet. They said they'd need to transfer me to a different person. I was put on hold for 30 minutes, and when I told the new person nicely that I would like to cancel my cable, my call immediately and coincidentally got disconnected. I called them back and cancelled all cable. This took about another 2 hours of being put on hold and transferred to different people at Spectrum.

But it was a much better use of my time than watching that Duke/UVA football game where I bet a pie on Duke. Rather than paying more for cable that doesn't show me Duke and ACC games, I'm paying much less. And I haven't missed it or regretted it for an instant. I'll probably save more money on pies I won't lose.

I listened to tonight's Duke game on the radio.

I can afford it, but I refuse to be ripped off. I haven't missed cable at all. Lots of other things to do. Just my choice - to each his own. Go Duke!

devildeac
11-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Me too.

Before the Duke-UVA football game on ACCN that I had bet a pie on, I called Spectrum to add ACCN. They told me I'd need new cable equipment and that they would increase my monthly cable bill from $225/month to add another $17/month to that to get ACCN. So increase from $225/month to $242/month to add ACCN. So another $204 a year for ACCN.

When I bought my DVR cable package from Time Warner it was $200/month and I was told I'd get all sports channels and price would never increase. Spectrum increased it to $225/month. So hearing it would be another $17/month was final straw.

I told them that instead of adding ACCN, they could just go ahead and cancel all my cable TV and that I would just pay for internet. They said they'd need to transfer me to a different person. I was put on hold for 30 minutes, and when I told the new person nicely that I would like to cancel my cable, my call immediately and coincidentally got disconnected. I called them back and cancelled all cable. This took about another 2 hours of being put on hold and transferred to different people at Spectrum.

But it was a much better use of my time than watching that Duke/UVA football game where I bet a pie on Duke. Rather than paying more for cable that doesn't show me Duke and ACC games, I'm paying much less. And I haven't missed it or regretted it for an instant. I'll probably save more money on pies I won't lose.

I listened to tonight's Duke game on the radio.

I can afford it, but I refuse to be ripped off. I haven't missed cable at all. Lots of other things to do. Just my choice - to each his own. Go Duke!

That's a *lot* of beer $$ you're saving now :eek::eek:.

uh_no
11-08-2019, 11:15 PM

so 40 bucks a month for YT tv, 4 duke away games on average....so if I go to the bar to watch every game, that's 10 bucks of beer plus the game. I'll take that.

richardjackson199
11-08-2019, 11:19 PM

Yep choices. Now I can justify trying out that Bhavana Cellar Door club available later this month.. :cool:

I chose wisely.

devildeac
11-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Yep choices. Now I can justify trying out that Bhavana Cellar Door club available later this month.. :cool:

I chose wisely.

Incorrigible.

;)

Jim3k
11-08-2019, 11:32 PM
ACCN. Just a regional network which overvalues its worth. Comcast, just a cheap company which won't honor its sports package. They deserve each other.

So see if Duke likes it when you tell them you have deducted the amount it costs to get ACCN from the amount you planned to give the Annual Fund.

BlueDevil2K
11-08-2019, 11:47 PM
Here's a condensed version of the CSU game...looks like every field goal plus a few defensive highlights. Coupled with the radio broadcast, I surprisingly don't feel like I missed out.

https://youtu.be/h6nvQtSuivg

arnie
11-09-2019, 06:02 AM
ACCN. Just a regional network which overvalues its worth. Comcast, just a cheap company which won't honor its sports package. They deserve each other.

So see if Duke likes it when you tell them you have deducted the amount it costs to get ACCN from the amount you planned to give the Annual Fund.

That’s funny - maybe Duke fundraising asks Swofford to kick in the difference. I do get ACCN as part of the existing package I had with Spectrum, but if I were a TWC legacy customer and had to through all the hoops, I’d have cancelled my service and ignored Swofford’s channel.

OldPhiKap
11-09-2019, 08:01 AM

Jim3k, as usual, speaks truth.

Devilwin
11-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Rushed in, turned the game on and was greeted by women's soccer.:mad:
I recorded the game, and missed a few minutes. They moved the start to ESPN News, then brought it back. What a crock..:mad:

lotusland
11-09-2019, 08:32 AM
Here's a condensed version of the CSU game...looks like every field goal plus a few defensive highlights. Coupled with the radio broadcast, I surprisingly don't feel like I missed out.

https://youtu.be/h6nvQtSuivg

Wow that was fun. Duke shot almost 100%, all misses were followed up, and Jav committed no fouls or bobbles. No ACCN is going to be like blood pressure medication for me.

Edouble
11-09-2019, 10:21 AM

Oops. I discovered my error right before your reply, JPJ.

I quickly upgraded my plan to the Core Package (appears to be another $5/month) and I was in and watching the game seconds later.

jimmymax
11-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Can't decide if what I like best about the ACCN is the quality of the ads (compression socks anyone?) or the announcers ("Welcome to Wade Wallace stadium"). Sheesh.

devildeac
11-10-2019, 12:09 AM
Folks from the ACCN visited our tailgate today. I had to be muzzled...

:mad:

uh_no
11-10-2019, 12:18 AM
Folks from the ACCN visited our tailgate today. I had to be muzzled...

:mad:

i think i saved DUPD some excitement by not being there when they arrived.

evrim
11-11-2019, 05:10 PM
I used to watch the Duke games at ESPN3/Watchespn. Now it seems like there is not an easy way to watch the games anymore - Comcast doesn't carry ACCN. Hopefully some bars will. Anybody else in the same situation?

Kedsy
11-11-2019, 05:14 PM
I used to watch the Duke games at ESPN3/Watchespn. Now it seems like there is not an easy way to watch the games anymore - Comcast doesn't carry ACCN. Hopefully some bars will. Anybody else in the same situation?

I'm on the East coast, but yeah. It's a problem.

jb75
11-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Yep, same problem.

kako
11-11-2019, 05:20 PM

Streaming is the answer. Many of them have ACCN. However, all of them have drawbacks, at least sports-wise. I started a thread in the Off-Topic board on this (PlayStation Vue was the best, but Sony is ending it in June).

9F

sagegrouse
11-11-2019, 05:22 PM
DirecTV Channel 612 works in the Rocky Mountains.

Wahoo2000
11-11-2019, 05:36 PM
ACC network isn't going anywhere. If you're a comcast subscriber, I'd suggest switching providers, possibly to a streaming option if no other cable providers are available in your area. Your other hope is to just hold out and cross your fingers that comcast and the ACCN will come to an agreement, or to pay an extra $50 or so a month for a streaming service like youtubetv.

I was literally 2 days away from cancelling my att uverse sub back in sept when they came to a deal with the network. Just waaaaay too many FB and BB games on ACCN to just say, "oh well".

cato
11-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Streaming is the answer. Many of them have ACCN. However, all of them have drawbacks, at least sports-wise. I started a thread in the Off-Topic board on this (PlayStation Vue was the best, but Sony is ending it in June).

9F

The friendly bartenders at my local brewery/tap room have YouTube TV and have used that stream Duke games for me. They love it, but I still have cable and am not willing to pay for it.

So the option for me is to head over there when I can.

uh_no
11-11-2019, 05:51 PM
The friendly bartenders at my local brewery/tap room have YouTube TV and have used that stream Duke games for me. They love it, but I still have cable and am not willing to pay for it.

So the option for me is to head over there when I can.

save the money, buy beer, still see games. win in my book

brevity
11-11-2019, 07:09 PM
I was literally 2 days away from cancelling my att uverse sub back in sept when they came to a deal with the network. Just waaaaay too many FB and BB games on ACCN to just say, "oh well".

Fellow AT&T U-Verse subscriber. I get the channel itself, but I am still unable to watch anything by streaming it. Can't watch ACCN or ACCNX content on the ESPN website, or on the ESPN app of my Roku TV. The website has given the same message for months:

"ACC Network and ACC Network Extra are currently unavailable within the ESPN App. Our team is working diligently with your TV provider to enable access. Please check back for updates, and in the meantime you can sit patiently, thumb in rectum, and enjoy the ACC Network on your TV, the way you used to before technology spoiled you on a variety of devices. Contact your TV provider for local channel listings."

Does anyone else have this problem? It's just ACCN and ACCNX. I can still watch ESPN content (like the Duke-Kansas game) online or on the Roku.

ChillinDuke
11-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Fellow AT&T U-Verse subscriber. I get the channel itself, but I am still unable to watch anything by streaming it. Can't watch ACCN or ACCNX content on the ESPN website, or on the ESPN app of my Roku TV. The website has given the same message for months:

"ACC Network and ACC Network Extra are currently unavailable within the ESPN App. Our team is working diligently with your TV provider to enable access. Please check back for updates, and in the meantime you can sit patiently, thumb in rectum, and enjoy the ACC Network on your TV, the way you used to before technology spoiled you on a variety of devices. Contact your TV provider for local channel listings."

Does anyone else have this problem? It's just ACCN and ACCNX. I can still watch ESPN content (like the Duke-Kansas game) online or on the Roku.

I can't say I've seen that specific message pop up before, no.

- Chillin

lotusland
11-11-2019, 07:31 PM

Is ACCN streaming supposed to be available through ESPN?

ChillinDuke
11-11-2019, 07:33 PM

It most certainly is available through [the] ESPN [app]. At least it is via Spectrum. I used the app to watch the CSU game while sitting on a beach on Saturday - the opposite of being in front of my television.

- Chillin

DrChainsaw
11-11-2019, 07:52 PM
I subscribe to Hulu, which I stream through Roku. I have been able to watch ACCN through either the Hulu or ESPN app on my TV.

I have not tried to watch ACCN content on my phone yet.

Acymetric
11-11-2019, 07:53 PM

Try logging out/unauthenticating and then logging back in/re-authenticating. Failing that, file a ticket with ESPN support.

-jk
11-11-2019, 08:47 PM

As far as I’ve been able to figure out, if your tv provider carries the acc network, you can stream accnx games through the espn app. Gets trickier for accn games, and seems to be a provider by provider issue.

-jk

camion
11-11-2019, 09:08 PM
As far as I’ve been able to figure out, if your tv provider carries the acc network, you can stream accnx games through the espn app. Gets trickier for accn games, and seems to be a provider by provider issue.

-jk

I have ACCN (ch 1610) through ATT U-Verse in Greenville, SC.

I haven't been able to get ACCNx through ESPN App on Apple TV here. I get a message saying that ESPN doesn't carry it at this time.

-jk
11-11-2019, 09:17 PM
I have ACCN (ch 1610) through ATT U-Verse in Greenville, SC.

I haven't been able to get ACCNx through ESPN App on Apple TV here. I get a message saying that ESPN doesn't carry it at this time.

I was able to watch the beginning of the Elon GaTech game via the espn app using directv credentials on my iPhone.

-jk

duke96
11-12-2019, 01:02 AM
My parents’ optimum login (they are east coast) has been working like a charm to stream via ESPN on the west coast...

Not making any untoward suggestions or anything...

AtlBluRew
11-12-2019, 09:14 AM
As a west coast resident now, I’m already tired of seeing that Duke games will only be on the ACCN.

Troublemaker
11-12-2019, 10:25 AM

Yes, all Uverse subscribers have this problem. AT&T didn't reach an agreement to carry ACCN early enough (finalized late September (https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/acc-network-uverse-att-tv-now.html)) to work out the kinks with the ESPN app. At this time, you can only get the channel on your set-top box.

Acymetric
11-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Yes, all Uverse subscribers have this problem. AT&T didn't reach an agreement to carry ACCN early enough (finalized late September (https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/acc-network-uverse-att-tv-now.html)) to work out the kinks with the ESPN app. At this time, you can only get the channel on your set-top box.

It seems like there would have been plenty of time for that in the following months...it isn't as though AT&T didn't already have U-Verse authentication in place for regular ESPN content/SEC network/etc. They weren't the only late sign on, either.