PDA

View Full Version : Louisville's Court

Reddevil
08-05-2019, 10:08 AM
Maybe this is a generational opinion. I don't know, but I find the new Louisville court to be hideous and ridiculous. Of course I like the classic look, but I also like the "Struttin' Wolf" and the Creighton Bluejay. Maybe it is because they are restricted to center court. If the "Dunking Cardinal" were just part of center court, I would probably find it humorous and proud of it if I were part of the "Ville faithful. The sprawling monstrosities do not appeal to me. This is such an obvious dead of summer thought and thread, but I can't think about the best Duke players of all time anymore. That's another gripe I have. Why do people need to rank everything? Just treat greatness like a bar. You have your "top shelf". No need to go any further. When people talk about the Hall of Fame within the Hall of Fame......just stop! Enjoy life. Have a beer and some BBQ. Oh no, here we go with the BBQ. Man, I love it all if done properly. Anyway, Louisville's new court is ugly yes?!

DukieInKansas
08-05-2019, 10:18 AM
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2019/05/16/louisville-basketball-dunking-cardinal-logo-practice-gym/1128301001/

Not a fan.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
08-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Maybe this is a generational opinion. I don't know, but I find the new Louisville court to be hideous and ridiculous. Of course I like the classic look, but I also like the "Struttin' Wolf" and the Creighton Bluejay. Maybe it is because they are restricted to center court. If the "Dunking Cardinal" were just part of center court, I would probably find it humorous and proud of it if I were part of the "Ville faithful. The sprawling monstrosities do not appeal to me. This is such an obvious dead of summer thought and thread, but I can't think about the best Duke players of all time anymore. That's another gripe I have. Why do people need to rank everything? Just treat greatness like a bar. You have your "top shelf". No need to go any further. When people talk about the Hall of Fame within the Hall of Fame...just stop! Enjoy life. Have a beer and some BBQ. Oh no, here we go with the BBQ. Man, I love it all if done properly. Anyway, Louisville's new court is ugly yes?!

Not sure if this changes your take, but the link below your post shows that it is a part of the practice gym, not the KFC YUM!!! Center.

Also, just typing that out reminded me that perhaps Louisville isn't a paragon of good taste.

Reddevil
08-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Not sure if this changes your take, but the link below your post shows that it is a part of the practice gym, not the KFC YUM!!! Center.

Also, just typing that out reminded me that perhaps Louisville isn't a paragon of good taste.

Oh good, that court is still fugly, but at least we will not have to see it during the season.

uh_no
08-05-2019, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure I care much one way or another what other teams do with their practice facilities.

Acymetric
08-05-2019, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure I care much one way or another what other teams do with their practice facilities.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a slam on Louisville or if you got bad info somewhere. If the former, that sound you hear is the joke whooshing over my head.

In any case, that logo is tacky, but it sure beats the Oregon court. I like the forest idea in theory, but in practice it looks truly awful. Maybe if they thinned out the trees a bit, or better yet just had them growing up from one of the baselines rather than all around the court.

elvis14
08-05-2019, 01:12 PM
For a practice gym, I like it. At first I was a little taken aback but then I realized that it's just awesome! Guess I don't have enough class or enough hate of L'ville to fit in around here....

Acymetric
08-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Just to be clear, they are also changing the game court logo.

https://www.whas11.com/article/sports/louisville-unveils-new-court-design-at-kfc-yum-center/417-35f46c4c-9b0d-4683-bd15-e14d3b69b4f3

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
08-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Just to be clear, they are also changing the game court logo.

https://www.whas11.com/article/sports/louisville-unveils-new-court-design-at-kfc-yum-center/417-35f46c4c-9b0d-4683-bd15-e14d3b69b4f3

Well, now I can have an opinion!

Steven43
08-05-2019, 01:27 PM
For a practice gym, I like it. At first I was a little taken aback but then I realized that it's just awesome! Guess I don't have enough class or enough hate of L'ville to fit in around here...
True

devildeac
08-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Will they use Honky Tonk Women for player intros?

:rolleyes:

elvis14
08-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Will they use Honky Tonk Women for player intros?

:rolleyes:

I'm hoping that they are done using women at this point....

devildeac
08-05-2019, 01:54 PM
I'm hoping that they are done using women at this point...

Totally agreed.

uh_no
08-05-2019, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a slam on Louisville or if you got bad info somewhere. If the former, that sound you hear is the joke whooshing over my head.

Given the OP provided no context, it wasn't clear whether it was just the practice facility, as the linked photo showed, or the YUM center as well. So I think "bad info" is the reality. But if there's a way to make it a slam on UL, I'll take that, too!
Guess they'll have to strip both courts bare before laying the new flooring! :D

Acymetric
08-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Given the OP provided no context, it wasn't clear whether it was just the practice facility, as the linked photo showed, or the YUM center as well. So I think "bad info" is the reality. But if there's a way to make it a slam on UL, I'll take that, too!
Guess they'll have to strip both courts bare before laying the new flooring! :D

I actually didn't read the OP article*, because I had already seen an article about the game court changes (which didn't mention the practice court). I just assumed this was another article about the same, which was why I was confused when people kept referencing the practice court (I was only aware of the game court part). So I wasn't exactly informed either.

*Edit: 2nd poster article, rather. You're correct the OP gave no link.

killerleft
08-05-2019, 03:38 PM
I actually didn't read the OP article*, because I had already seen an article about the game court changes (which didn't mention the practice court). I just assumed this was another article about the same, which was why I was confused when people kept referencing the practice court (I was only aware of the game court part). So I wasn't exactly informed either.

*Edit: 2nd poster article, rather. You're correct the OP gave no link.

I think they ought to do a logo with RJ Barrett passing the ball back between his legs to Cam Reddish!;) Since they won't, it's kinda like the Wulfie at State.

JetpackJesus
08-05-2019, 03:57 PM
I don't really have any issues with the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

MartyClark
08-05-2019, 05:28 PM
I don't really have any issues with the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

That's good. More importantly, I hope they don't have issues with you. I would not want to be in their cross hairs.

MartyClark
08-05-2019, 05:33 PM
True

My good buddy from Louisville is excited about it.

I like it. It's corny and retro, I think pretty cool.

weezie
08-06-2019, 08:34 AM
... it sure beats the Oregon court. I like the forest idea in theory, but in practice it looks truly awful. Maybe if they thinned out the trees a bit, or better yet just had them growing up from one of the baselines rather than all around the court.

Enthusiastically seconded. Jazz hands concurrence. That place is barftastic.

Acymetric
08-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Enthusiastically seconded. Jazz hands concurrence. That place is barftastic.

I think it took me a couple years to figure out what it was even supposed to be (by asking someone else, not on my own). It just looked like some weird splotchy dark spots on the court to me.

Something about couldn't see the forest though the...